• #20 Chris Sabin

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#4 Rob Van Dam vs. #20 Chris Sabin

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is a TNA match, all matches are in a six sided ring)
3. Will crowd be a factor. All matches take place in Detroit, MI.
4. This is the last round for non gimmick matches.

Sabin is awesome. But everyone knows Alex Shelley is the star of their team. I think he could make it, given the oppertunity. But he'll never be given a proper one.

So RVD is just a spot monkey. Well fair enough. The TNA ring is build purposley for elaborate spots.

It'd be a great, spot-filled match, but honestly I'd give it to Sabin. He's equally good as a high flyer and better as a mat wrestler and balanced wrestler. Obviously, he won't win due to RVD's exposure. However, it's not exactly as if he was the roaring success people make him out to be. He fucked up a chance to lead a C-Brand show due to what was, for all intents and purposes, a drug addiction. Nice one. *Slow clap* Not saying Sabin will do any better, but he may well have the capacity to do so. In this day and age, it's unlikely though.

Cue SlyFox.

I picked rvd, but I envisioned a classic in my head. This match would be better on the indy circuit, as in wwe sabin would be jobbing faster than santino did at the 15 anniversary show. RVD is great, but sabin is no slouch. If given the right amount of time, this would be a match of the year candidate anywhere. I give it to rvd, based on name alone, but he'd have to earn it.

I like Sabin, but we're talkign about Rob Van Dam. The guy that gave credibility to ECW, and he wasn't even their world champion. The guy that came to the WWE and was over based on his name value alone. After getting buried by Triple H in 2003, the guy still managed to stay over with the crowd, even being bogged down with the "Whatever" gimmick.

RVD is an innovator in that ring. Then you add in the fact that it's a six sided ring, very few would stand a chance agaisnt the guy. RVD wins and he should. And right now, I'll be pushing for RVD to take down the Rock in the next round, like he should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back