Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One

rorschachvsgreenarrow.png

Rorschach, alter-ego Walter Kovacs, is one messed-up dude. A man with his own moral code, Rorschach is a master of the improvised weapon and the no holds barred beatdown, and will do whatever it takes to ensure victory. Green Arrow is a working class hero, a master of the bow and arrow, with his arrows coming in all shapes, sizes, and functions. Are they enough to stop Rorschach? Or will the black-and-white detective prevail?

FIGHT!

I have to go with Green Arrow. AGreen Arrow is far more precise then his opponent which will lead him to victory. I don't think I have ever really heard of Green Arrow missing (although I'm sure somebody will find something to disprove what I said) and well his opponent from what I remember isn't 100% accurate. And I think Green Arrow overall is the smarter person.

I like Green Arrow but Rorschach takes this one easy, his ability to improvise in the heat of the moment would help him take Green Arrow by surprise and deliver a massive beatdown. Not to mention better weapons and the fact that he's a total badass.

I like Green Arrow but Rorschach takes this one easy, his ability to improvise in the heat of the moment would help him take Green Arrow by surprise and deliver a massive beatdown. Not to mention better weapons and the fact that he's a total badass.

Here's the problem with what you have said Rorschach is not the most accurate person in the world. However, Green arrow is. He is extremely precise and can fire off an arrow at extremely fast speeds. Not to mention that he has the abilty to shoot off arrows that have bombs attached to them, might be some problem for Rorschach. Also, Green Arrow is no slouch in physical combat.

How is Rorschach going to dodge arrows being fired at him at maximum velocity? He isn't. I don't care if he can make his cell phone into a bomb that will explode in Green Arrow's face, Green Arrow is going to put an arrow through Rorschach's chest before Psycho McGyver can even think about how he's going to inflict pain on Green Arrow.

I like Green Arrow but Rorschach takes this one easy,

Yeah, not with ease at all. It has become very appearent that people around here don't know jack shit about Ollie. Here allow me to tell you a little about Green Arrow, his secret identity is Oliver Queen, a billionaire and former mayor of fictional Star City. Dressed like Robin Hood, Green Arrow is an archer who invents trick arrows with various special functions, such as glue arrows, net arrows, explosive arrows, time bomb arrows, grappling arrows, fire extinguishing arrows, flash arrows, tear gas arrows, cryonic arrows, boxing-glove arrows, and even a kryptonite arrow. Originally developed as an archery-themed analogue of the very popular Batman character, writers at DC have developed Green Arrow into a voice of left-wing and progressive politics very much distinct in character from Batman, with his own supporting cast.

his ability to improvise in the heat of the moment would help him take Green Arrow by surprise and deliver a massive beatdown.

That doesn't give him really any edge, Green Arrow is also very capable of improvising in the heat of the moment, like most superheros. Really you take the bow out of the equation and these two are fairly even. The bow and the various different types of arrows in Ollie quiver are what give him the edge in this fight.

Not to mention better weapons and the fact that he's a total badass.

The only weapon Rorschach has is a grappling gun, that's it, Ollie has his bow and a quiver full of arrows for pretty much any occasion, if this fight comes down to who's got better weapons than Arrow has this match won by a mile. Green Arrow may not have gotten the exposure Rorschach has received, but make no mistake he is no slouch and just as much of a bad ass as Mr. Kovus, though probably a bit more mentally sound.

Green Arrow deserves a lot more respect than he's getting, & a lot more people really should do a little more research on the guy before just handing their vote over to Rorschach because he's been in a movie & was a "badass".

Rorschach is more of a situational fighter than a head on warrior like Green Arrow. Rorschach can improvise and put himself in a better position. Stuck behind prison bars as a crazed prison midget attempts to saw off his arm? No problem, next thing you know, Rorschach is walking out of the cell with a brand new saw and a midget split in 3.

How ever, seeing as the battle is suppose to be an even battlefield. This battle will go for Green Arrow. GA has a ton of offensive fire power in his bow and arrow. He can launch bombs, nets, harpoons, hell even the kitchen sink if he wanted to. Rorschach would have to evade a barrage of arrows and reach Green Arrow unscathed. But Rorschach doesn't have the speed or the agility to evade the Green Arrow. Green Arrow takes this one.

The Green Arrow that I've followed is the one from the Justice League Unlimited cartoon series and not any of the comics. That said, I think I'd have to give a slight edge to Arrow. He's an expert marksman so he can easily snipe a fatal shot to Rorschach's heart without having a face to face confrontation. And even if it came to blows, Arrow can very easily hold his own against Rorschach in hand to hand combat. And while I agree that Rorschach can improvise in the heat of the moment and create his own makeshift weapons, if he and Arrow fought each other in the middle of nowhere with their default gear, Arrow is far better equipped than Rorschach is. Rorschach would only have his grappling hook. Green Arrow is far Bette equipped than he is given credit for. He has a variety of arrows such has explosive arrows that would blow up in Rorschach's face or blind him long enough for Arrow to deal a fatal blow, electroshock arrows, knockout gas arrows, and even arrows that serve as grappling hooks.

So what I think it ultimately boils down to is gear. Both are pretty evenly matched when it comes to hand to hand combat so I believe the deciding factor will be equipment and Green Arrow has the better equipment and the precision to make every shot count. So Green Arrow gets my vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back