• Rey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JGlass

Unregistered User
Round One...

1NJ85ZM.png

Rey might be new to the whole Jedi thing, but she has already shown tremendous promise. Green Arrow, on the other hand, has been practicing archery since before you were born (probably), and he's gotten incredibly good at it. But does Oliver Queen have what it takes to beat The Force? Let's find out!

FIGHT!

In researching the Green Arrow and his abilities I found that he possessed many different arrows. Many of them were gag related, but he had a few that might be useful. These aren't arrows that he would normally use but because his base stats aren't very high it seems fair to give a few that might make his fights more interesting.

Like this one...

19bf2ky5dmrsdjpg.jpg

Clearly that's not practical as it would kill him and probably his opponent too.

Green Arrow isn't quite as fast or as strong as Batman, but he's comparable. He should be stronger and faster than Rey [who otherwise is a completely normal human] under ordinary circumstances. It's difficult to determine just how powerful Rey actually is as she's not been formally trained and is running off potential. Even though she did defeat Kylo Ren in the movies, it's not fair to say that she's as powerful as he is because she hasn't been properly trained yet. What she did show was precognition with the force, and some reverse mind fuckery.

Kylo Ren's reflexes and force sensitivity is described as "immense" in his official profile. And Rey seems to have the potential or at least the fortitude to briefly overpower him even while untrained. Force users can augment their strength and speed to levels that far exceed the superhuman level.

For this match, if Rey can augment herself using the force then the fight won't last long for Green Arrow. Otherwise Green Arrow could pick her off from a safe distance. Being an expert marksman he could certainly aim to kill or incapacitate in one blow.

Since we don't know how Rey could use the force to protect herself other than finding herself in a fight or flight scenario where the power would just come to her like it did against Kylo Ren, I'm not sure if I can say for sure if she could win or not.

I'm leaning Green Arrow but I am opened to be swayed.

I'll take Rey over Green Arrow with Rey walking out of the contest with an arrow deeply lodged in her shoulder. Even for a rookie Jedi, she should defeat Green Arrow with focus on the force and any lightsaber available. She's shown she can manipulate minds, move objects travelling in the air....those two abilities alone should be enough to win the fight.

Yeah, I don't think Green Arrow is going to be walking away from this one intact.

Rey might not be highly trained, but even without the training she has shown that she's capable of taking down very powerful individuals, specifically Kylo Ren. And Kylo Ren packs a much bigger punch than Oliver Queen does. I'm sure Green Arrow would have no issues launching a flurry of arrows at Rey, but Rey could dodge those arrows a number of ways. For one thing, she could use The Force to deflect them. She could also use her lightsaber to slice them out of the air. She's also shown us that she's pretty decent at running and dodging. Eventually Green Arrow is going to be left open for an attack, and as soon as Rey's in close range, her lightsaber skills will make short work of Arrow.

I'm going with Rey.

Rey is a Mary Sue...

who should probably go over Green Arrow.

I am not a Rey fan and I admit it plainly. She has a severe case of "I am perfect" that should be downright demeaning for a character. Speaks in several languages. Ace pilot. Top mechanic. Is Jedi tier with The Force without ever training. Should have her ass handed to her in this kind of competition because of how green she is, but against Green Arrow? I think she can get through it. She has the lightsaber, and enough knowledge in the Force to make her strong if not powerful. Green Arrow shoots arrows. Rey is the athletic type and can hold her own. I doubt I'll be on her side next round, but for now I have no problems seeing her beat a secondary superhero, because that's exactly what Green Arrow is. I promise this isn't the White Russian talking.

Rey can't control her force powers. She needed to effectively be tortured and made to witness her man crush/chum get eviscerated to do anything with regards to the force. Now make no bones about it she's mean with a weapon and can kick some ass, but it's not like that means it's a lopsided battle. Green Arrow is a highly trained vigilante with expertise in archery. He's fully capable of shooting a single arrow straight through one of Rey's vital organs or her throat and stop her dead in her tracks. Now, if Arrow doesn't finish it quick and Rey's given time to panic and become emotional, her force powers will trigger.

So this is basically down to how quick does Arrow go about it? If he's swift, he wins, he tries to savor it, he gets flung off a building or cut in two. In a few years, this is probably a lot more lopsided, but for now, I'm under the assumption that Arrow hangs back and then pulls his bow back and catches Rey off guard and takes her down fast.

I'm really glad that this match is happening, Green Arrow has (imo) a lot in common with Luke Skywalker. Based on the picture; we're clearly using the Robin Hood-esque Oliver Queen incarnation of Green Arrow.

The following is a slightly lengthy and spoiler ridden theory on Rey:

I'm of the theory that Obi Wan is Rey's grandfather. The force seems to affect different people in different ways, for Rey it seems to allow her to have an instant affinity with someone based on coming into contact with an important part of their lives (Luke's lightsaber), apparently reversing an attempt to read her mind (Kylo Ren) or a simple social interaction (the Daniel Craig stormtrooper). This ability was Obi Wan's hallmark. There's also the fact that Obi Wan kept his many years as a recluse very private from everyone. Rey was apparently born right after the battle of Endor, which would make it impossible for a then deceased Obi Wan to father her, though as we've seen Obi Wan still exists as a spirit of the force.

What makes this theory seem so real to me is that during Rey's vision, she heard Obi Wan's voice call her name. It just seemed haunting to me that with every other idea bombarding her perspective, Obi Wan was the only one that seemed to be appealing directly to her.

In a nutshell, Rey has had to survive in a harsh environment where her biggest test was that nobody had her back. She's been ridiculed for having a knack for being able to adapt to insanely complicated situations, though we really need to consider what she's been through. She's dismantled derelict star destroyers to afford enough food to survive, in a desert environment, that's also a hub for alien beings from all over the galaxy. It's not difficult to imagine that she's learned a lot, it's also not difficult to imagine that she has the ability to adapt on a whim.

Green Arrow, I have a lengthy theory about him as well:

Is Green Arrow force sensitive? One of the biggest mysteries about Green Arrow is in whether or not he's really just a man. It's been speculated that with just his insane levels of accuracy, he may have meta-human abilities. Though, for all the comics could investigate, he's really just a normal human being. The DC universe has no awareness of the force, it's dominated by the notion of alien beings and those affected by freak occurrences only having superhuman abilities.

According to The Outsider's War story arc from The New 52, Green Arrow really found himself when being tortured on a remote island by a man he would loathe for the rest of his life. Green Arrow returns to that island in an effort to save a friend of his and possibly confront a demon from his past.

Fair warning, big spoiler ahead that I may have already hinted toward:

Green Arrow's father, Robert Queen, was the man who tortured him.
greenarrow31.jpg

I feel that both Green Arrow and Rey are force sensitive, but still haven't tapped their full potential with the force based on a lack of formal training. With that train of logic going in my head, I feel that Green Arrow would be the victor in this battle.

For a while I was pondering whether or not Rey could manipulate Green Arrow's mind based on personal traumas that Green Arrow has had to endure, but I'm of the opinion that Green Arrow has faced his demons and is no longer manipulated by them.

I feel that in their own personal sagas, Green Arrow has come full circle while Rey is still not sure about her own destiny. There's something about having been able to answer the difficult questions in one's life and truly understand who someone is. While my theory is that Green Arrow isn't aware of his relation to the force, he is most certainly aware of the full potential of his abilities.

I don't see Green Arrow taking out Rey with an arrow because that would be anti-climactic. He has extensive martial arts training, and let's not forget something very important in regard to that; Green Arrow is one of the few non-meta-human individuals to ever defeat Deathstroke. Deathstroke by the way is a man who's beaten Batman so easily that he made the caped crusader look like a little bitch.

eye-identitycrisis3.jpg

Rey is an amazing individual, but she's still growing. Green Arrow is a complete package, and -- in spite of being a somewhat offbeat character -- he has the heart of a champion.

Who shoots first is what this comes down to.

Neither exactly screams kill first question later.

I think FunKay makes the best point about Rey. She is untrained in the ways of The Force, and as such she can't control her power. She has shown to be very powerful when utilizing her Force abilities, but by and large we aren't exactly sure what Force powers she can and can't use. She is too much of an unknown for me at this point.

On the other hand, we know what Green Arrow brings to the table, and I think his archery and stealth skills will be enough to take the fight to Rey quickly enough to take her down.

Come back in another movie or two and I may change my tone, but as of right now, I gotta go with Oliver Queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back