Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Round One

hoganvbatman.png

Hulk Hogan is most likely the most famous pro wrestler of all time. A major force in the 80's and 90's, Hulkamania ran wild all over opponents of all types, from dead men to savages to millionaires. However, it may have finally met its match. Batman may have never had any true superpowers, but he has combat skills, gadgets, speed, and intelligence in spades. Could the Dark Knight have what it takes to stop the inevitable comeback? Or will Batman experience the strength of the 24-inch pythons?

FIGHT!

I can't comprehend how anyone would vote for Hulk Hogan here. I'm assuming people are being incredibly dumb in their assessment of Hogan and just saying since he's a wrestler, that must mean he's like Bane, who broke Batman's back. Here's the problem with that. Bane was only able to accomplish that after releasing pretty much Batman's entire rogue gallery from Arkham, and Batman had to round up everyone, so he was under extreme fatigue. Bane ties Batman in terms of battles after that.

But here's the thing, Hogan is not Bane. Bane can lift two tons. Hogan can't. Bane is a master strategist. Hogan is not. Batman counters every single move Hogan throws at him before he incapacitates him. If you think otherwise, you really have zero grasp on comics.

When Hogan Hulked up, nothing could stop him. Not giants, not engines, not dead men, not jackhammers, nothing. Hogan has rolled over men of all shapes and sizes, picking them up and slamming them down before hitting the devastating leg drop. The way I see this fight going is Batman would no doubt hit Hogan with lots of combat moves from his arsenal, before Hogan suddenly starts pointing and preparing for the comeback and the rush of adrenaline that that entails.

Now, here's where things get fuzzier. Would Batman be able to stop the comeback? Hogan was strong enough to hoist a 600-pound Giant in the air with ease during his adrenaline rush, so he could definitely throw Batman around like a rag doll if he were to get his hands on him. On the other hand, Batman could use tactics to trip Hogan up somehow, making him calm down before dealing the knockout blow.

This fight is a lot more even than some would have you think. In the end, I'm going to give the edge to Hogan, just because of the comeback. If he got his hands on Batman while Hulked up, Batman's toast.

When Hogan Hulked up, nothing could stop him. Not giants, not engines, not dead men, not jackhammers, nothing. Hogan has rolled over men of all shapes and sizes, picking them up and slamming them down before hitting the devastating leg drop. The way I see this fight going is Batman would no doubt hit Hogan with lots of combat moves from his arsenal, before Hogan suddenly starts pointing and preparing for the comeback and the rush of adrenaline that that entails.

This argument gets killed once you realize professional wrestling is fake. So how devastating is Hulk Hogan when people aren't selling his moves? Not as lethal as you make him. All his "Hulk Ups, all his power was something that was called acting. Where as someone named Batman has all the lethal abilites to not only incapacitate but kill Hogan. Batman was a crime fighter Hulk Hogan was an actor.

professional wrestling is fake.

So are comic books.

Wrestling is just as much a medium as movies or comics or anime or games. It is a show with fictional characters having fictional fights such as this one. In story, the character Hulk Hogan was a juggernaut. Never very good at the opening gates, Hogan would always get beaten down to the point of no return...only to Hulk Up and gain his strength back, plus the rush of adrenaline that entailed. Batman isn't real, and neither is Hulk Hogan. We're judging by kayfabe abilities here and I think that in kayfabe Hogan is one of the strongest guys in the tourney, at least when he's Hulked Up.

And all of these men were nothing compared to Batman in terms of fighting prowess, even if we were to pretend that wrestling is real. Batman is one of the most capable fighters in comics. Add the fact that he has his utility belt, and he's even better.

Now, here's where things get fuzzier. Would Batman be able to stop the comeback? Hogan was strong enough to hoist a 600-pound Giant in the air with ease during his adrenaline rush, so he could definitely throw Batman around like a rag doll if he were to get his hands on him. On the other hand, Batman could use tactics to trip Hogan up somehow, making him calm down before dealing the knockout blow.
Have you read/watched anything Batman? If so, you would know Batman uses his opponent's momentum against them. Hogan tries to do anything and Batman counters it. Batman always does his best to scout villains, and I'm sure he would know all the moves of someone who is on television.

This fight is a lot more even than some would have you think. In the end, I'm going to give the edge to Hogan, just because of the comeback. If he got his hands on Batman while Hulked up, Batman's toast.
Poor logic. Just flat out poor logic. Hulking up means absolutely nothing against a martial arts expert of Batman's caliber.

I can't comprehend how anyone would vote for Hulk Hogan here. I'm assuming people are being incredibly dumb in their assessment of Hogan and just saying since he's a wrestler, that must mean he's like Bane, who broke Batman's back. Here's the problem with that. Bane was only able to accomplish that after releasing pretty much Batman's entire rogue gallery from Arkham, and Batman had to round up everyone, so he was under extreme fatigue. Bane ties Batman in terms of battles after that. But here's the thing, Hogan is not Bane. Bane can lift two tons. Hogan can't. Bane is a master strategist. Hogan is not. Batman counters every single move Hogan throws at him before he incapacitates him. If you think otherwise, you really have zero grasp on comics.

This man speaks....well, the truth, Hulkster has NOTHING on Bane, the two are nothing alike at all, & the anyone comparing the two clearly have never read anything with Bane in it all.

Please, Hogan can be stopped, he's been beaten plenty of time through out his career, Brock, Rock, Warrior, any many others were able to withstand the stupid "Hulk up". the second he dose the point, Bats would grab the finger and break it, leaving Hogan in shock, Batman takes Hogan down slaps some Bat-cuffs on his ass, and moves on to the next round.

This argument gets killed once you realize professional wrestling is fake.

Yeah I forgot Batman is real:rolleyes:

You do realize everything is this tourny is fake right? It's filled with fictional fucking characters for fucksake.

Mano et mano, Hulkamania would probably run wild but with his strategic brain and arsenal, I'd have to give the edge to Bats.

Just as an asides to the guys talking about who Hogan lost too, Rock and Lesnar weren't at his prime and I'll take the '84-'88 unbeatable Hulk to make the match as even as possible (after all, unlike comic book characters, wrestlers age).

The thing that does not work in Hulk's favor here is that you have to either kill or incapitate the guy to win this match, as it says in the rules. Hulk Hogan is almost unbeatable when he Hulks up but you also need the arsenal of moves to kill the guy. Even if Hulk hits his leg drop on Batman, he would only be able to keep him down for just over 3 seconds, if pr wrestling is to be believed. We have seen countless times how wrestlers have gotten up after the three count sometimes to shake Hulk's hand and at other times even to attack him. So why shouldn't Batman not get up after three seconds.

Batman has this in the bag mostly because only he has the offense among the two to kill a guy. Hulk's hulk up won't do anything here.

I'm gonna just pretend, for the sake of this Tournament, that if these two were fighting, it would be totally real. It's crazy, but I have to do it.

Now, Hogan was a beast in his hey-day. As mentioned, when he "Hulked-up", he was pretty damn unstoppable. However, when it comes to Batman, he could disappear out of thin air. One minute he's there, the next he isn't. Look at Batman in the latest films with Christian Bale. He's got Body Armour that's strong as fucking anything & he's got the advantage of Stealth, Gadgets & other weapons he may have to hand. Hulk, on the other hand just has his fists. Batman has more in his arsenal than Hulk does, so it's got to go to him here.

That leg drop of Hogans is not going to keep Batman down long, not at all. Hogan may kick some but in the early stages of this battle but he cannot finish Bruce Wayne. Batman uses his superior badassness and weapons to finish Hogan by KO. Batman Prevails!

If you think about it what's Hogan's arsenal of moves? A leg drop!? Just on the shere fact that even if Hulk Hogan somehow managed to damage Batman he'd have no idea how to finish him off. To use an example from one of Batman's arch nemesis', Hulk Hogan's like a wild dog chasing a car. In the off chance he catches it, he'd have no idea what to do with it. And, the only thing that really makes Batman seem vulnerable is mind-games and psychology, which Hulk Hogan, quite frankly, have the intelligence to use.

The thing that does not work in Hulk's favor here is that you have to either kill or incapitate the guy to win this match, as it says in the rules. Hulk Hogan is almost unbeatable when he Hulks up but you also need the arsenal of moves to kill the guy. Even if Hulk hits his leg drop on Batman, he would only be able to keep him down for just over 3 seconds, if pr wrestling is to be believed. We have seen countless times how wrestlers have gotten up after the three count sometimes to shake Hulk's hand and at other times even to attack him. So why shouldn't Batman not get up after three seconds.

Batman has this in the bag mostly because only he has the offense among the two to kill a guy. Hulk's hulk up won't do anything here.

Why I always agree with this guy?

Anyway, Myriad said it, with all the Hulk up, leg drops and big boots, how in the world would that kill and/or incapacite Batman?

We have seen it in the past, in order to incapacite Batman you need to brake his back, poison him amongst other methods that Hogan can't and because of his moral won't do.

Plus let see Hogan Hulk up against the fucking batmovile (that's how you write it in english?) :rolleyes:

Hogan would work Batman into giving him half his money to come see him fight the Evil's of the WWF. Batman would then spend his time fighting the Joker, and agruing with smarks online on whether or not Hogan was the greatest wrestler ever. Bruce wouldn't even have time to fight Hogan....

Nah... Batman would win... realistically, metaphorically, and spiritually.

Batman might me the best technician in the Comic book universe but how many "Technicians" has Hogan beat in the past? The Million Dollar Man, Ric Flair, MachoMan Randy Savage, and even the great Shawn Michaels. When Hogan hulked up, no one could match up against his strength and willpower. Batman never had that breaking point where he would "Hulk up" he was just constantly the biggest bad ass of the DC universe.

Hmmm, just wondering; now I think Bats can edge out the Hulkster but I wonder how he would do against someone who can ape the abilities of Hulkamania, the Crow AND the Joker? My Wayne, I may have found your true nemises!

Even if we put kayfabe into play here and assume that Hogan will become stronger by hulking up, it's still not even close. Hogan has been beaten enough times by normal men for people to realize that he is no match for Batman, who has not only taken on gangsters and regular criminals but also gods and intergalactic tyrants such as Darkseid. In fact, in the Justice League Unlimited episode "Destroyer", Darkseid specifically said that Batman was the first to ever dodge his Omega Beam. If Batman can do that, he'll be able to easily dodge anything Hogan throws at him. Combine his extraordinary agility with his mastery of martial arts, and Batman easily squashes Hogan. And that's not even taking into account all the explosive Batarangs and equipment Batman has in his arsenal.

I want Hulk to win, I really do... but Batman has him bested in every category except maybe durability and/or strength, and those are two things that Batman can overcome.

Sure, Hulk was an unstoppable force in a wrestling ring, but this isn't a fight that's taking place in a wrestling ring, and he doesn't have kayfabe to protect him. Batman will get the upper hand, and Hulk will Hulk up and comeback, but in the end Hulk is going to get pumped full of Bat Gadgets.

Batman gets the win here. Batman has the edge in gadgets, agility, and has a wider range of martial arts. While Hulk Hogan can overpower him with brute strength Batman has faced opponents way stronger than Hogan. He's beat people with superpowers frankly. Men who can throw trucks, Hogan's powers never got that high.

And also with no crowd watching this battle Hulk can't use their power. So, that's about it.

People are forgetting about Hogan's All Stars incarnation.

In this, Hogan is massively strong. He can leap several feet into the air with vicious backbreakers and boots. I have no doubt that this incarnation could test Batman just as well as any other strong villain he's faced. And this Hogan has the ability to knock an opponent out with his big leg drop. If Batman is knocked out, he's incapacitated, and if he's incapacitated, Hogan wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back