• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Roode Beats Angle/Angle Declines HOF Induction/What's Next Here?!

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
1393685_472222762890605_656334846_n.jpg
1384018_472222769557271_811210195_n.jpg

Bobby Roode set the record straight and defeated Kurt Angle to avenge his loss 2 years ago in a match that had some similarity to Angle/Benoit from WM17. But two major things happened.

1) Prior to the match, Kurt turned down being inducted into the Hall Of Fame during the show. Claiming that his recent actions did not make him worthy of being a formal inductee and that he needed to prove himself again (he does that a lot, doesn't he?)

2) During the match, Angle delivered his signature Angle Slam from off the top rope to Roode. The impact however was so great that Roode was able to shake the damage first to win the match while Angle failed to recover for a great deal of time requiring medical assistance. He did eventually get up, but it seemed to shake his usual neck issues.

Two things to keep in mind. While the HOF segment may have actually been unscripted as Sting seemed lost, the finale of the match did not seem to be legit. Reports indicate Angle has lingering injuries but nothing as severe as what the show lends. No "X" was raised and it's doubtful that Angle would even be allowed to get up if his injury was legit.

What's next for both men now? Will the keep feuding? Can this major win for Roode make way to him returning to the World title scene as the next #1 Contender? What about Angle claiming he needs to prove himself again (again)?

The match was excellent but I hope Roode moves on to face AJ for the title next as he didn't really screw Kurt over and I think Kurt may go on some sort of downer run playing off his real life issues.

I'm not sure if anything went against what was planned as I don't think Kurt would screw around with the HOF induction like that. My guess is he'll be doing a Hardy style storyline where he works his way back in a redemption angle and finally accepts the induction by Slammiversary.

I had forgotten about the whole Angle proving himself and working his way up from the bottom story that they did at one point. A friend of mine pointed it out a little bit ago. I'm guessing that's what we're going to see.

I would really hate to see Angle go on a string of losses and lose his confidence and that stuff because isn't that just what they did with Magnus? Outside of the BFG match with Sting wasn't he losing most of his matches?

As far as Roode goes without a doubt I expect him to come out on Thursday and brag about his win over Kurt. I think we might see them wrestle one or two more times but I'm not totally sure on that.

Roode could challenge for the title after Bully is done with AJ but I think that hinges on how long they plan to have Bully and AJ go. Would Rood align with Dixie after she decides Bully can't get the job done?

Things seem to be kind of shuffling around right now so overall it will be interesting to see how things go.

I suppose it's slightly possible that Angle refusing to be inducted is something that wasn't scripted, but I'm seriously doubting it. Something like Angle going off the reservation by deviating from the plan would almost certainly generate a ton of buzz online and there'd be any number of reported rumors all over the place. If Sunday comes without any sort of report coming out suggesting that Angle "went into business" for himself, then it's almost certainly a work. Angle losing to Bobby Roode at the event is further evidence of it being a work. If Angle wanted to ultimately prove himself worthy, I don't see him losing to Roode at BFG. Angle's declaration of unworthiness and self doubt coupled with the decisive loss just has a much too convenient feel to it.

As for Angle turning down an induction, I think it sends the wrong message. TNA created its own HOF last year after only being in business for a decade, leading to all sorts of debates among fans and questions as to it's legitimacy. WWE is often ridiculed for some of those inducted into its HOF on a yearly basis, which is understandable in some instances, but it isn't treated like a gimmick. A HOF induction is when kayfabe is given a rest so the accomplishments & moments created by those inducted over the years are celebrated.

As to where Angle goes from here, this has all the earmarks of a storyline of Angle ultimately overcoming adversity and self doubt created by his own poor life choices. Angle will stumble along the way, probably losing several matches before something happens to recharge him. He eventually gets it together, manages to prove himself worthy and will be "formally" inducted on an episode of IW or at BFG next year.

I'm really enjoying this storyline, both men gave it all in that ring last Sunday and for that I take my hat off. I think that TNA was very smart by using some real-life issues without over exposing it too much or making it a much bigger deal than it really is. In a few week build up they were able to make it a very "personal feud" without even trying and that is thanks to the amazing talent of both guys - Bobby Roode should turn babyface in the near future, he's the guy that I can see carrying the load in 2014 as the hero and this feud should be the thing that turn him babyface.

I'm expecting it to continue developing, I'm expecting to see Bobby Roode showing and showing and showing what he did to Kurt Angle and to keep on taunting him for being "old" and "not the same anymore", just because I really expect Angle to even the score and after that the rivalry has to evolve once again and Bobby Roode should start to gain a little bit respect for Angle's career and at the next pay-per-view they should face each other in a match with some stipulation or special feel about it and in the end, whatever is the outcome have Roode and Angle embrace or shake hands as a sign of both men gaining respect for each others ability in the ring thus turning Roode in the process and move on to bigger and better things. At least that's what I would do, but let's see... for now, I'm enjoying the storyline.

To me a Hall Of Fame award is something you recieve AFTER your career is over so in that sense, it made perfect sense for Angle to decline it. He will never beat Roode anyways no matter how hard he trains. Too much time has passed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back