• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ronda Rousey to WWE?

BringThePain834

Getting Noticed By Management
We all know what just happened tonight. And now the question becomes "Can this happen?" With Ronda Rousey finally being defeated, it wouldn't surprise me (and I'll admit that I want to see this) to see Ronda say that she's had enough of UFC and wants to take a break, which this is where the "can this happen?" question again comes in. I also won't be surprised if something like this comes up soon, since Vince is likely throwing a party in Greenwich, CT right now. He (along with all fans) knows that bringing someone in of Rousey's caliber would ignite something never before seen in WWE. With ratings as atrocious as they are, she would provide a spark that could add millions of viewers. I want it. The McMahons want it. She could, but shouldn't, try to work her way back up to dominance in UFC. Her doing so and going after Holm again doesn't make any sense to me. I get that she's doing movies and all, but that doesn't leave WWE out as an option.

She can just completely avoid NXT and shoot straight to the main roster, and win the Divas title in her first ever WWE match in a dominating performance against whomever the Divas champion is at that time.

So would pro wrestling fans enjoy seeing Rousey in WWE? Of course.

Of course I'd enjoy it, but she should not win the belt in her hypothetical first match. That would kill all the momentum the division has managed to achieve. She should show up and be an on-screen personality, make some appearances, and then build to her in-ring appearance. When she does, it would probably be in a tag match (say, helping Bayley against the big bad bully Bellas?), and then become a feud organically, where she can take out the opposing team, and then work towards the champ, if Vince even decides she would "need" the belt.

A person of her status coming in does not need the championship. Shamrock came in, and got no higher than the IC belt. There's no reason she couldn't come in for a year, and help get the current roster some additional TV time, then have her big WrestleMania match, and ride off into the sunset.

She would clearly be the Brock Lesnar of the woman's division. I just found out she lost and I'm not happy, I'm becoming a fan of this woman. She's beautiful, she's tough as nails and I had her on the highest of high pedestals, damn I hate that she lost.

Can't believe she got knocked out. She was on a legendary run. Reminds me of the first time Tyson went down.

Anyway, if there's ever been a time for Vince to try and pitch something to her, it would be now, considering she doesn't have that title anymore (and probably will again eventually). White would be much more lenient in allowing her to compete or participate in something now that she's not the champion. But to come full-time to WWE? I don't even know if that's possible. Her losing doesn't get her out of her contract with UFC, and she just recently signed a mult-fight contract a few months ago. Even if she were to retire from fighting (which isn't happening) there would still probably be a bunch of legal issues stopping her from signing anything with another company for some time. There are still years left to go before Vince can legitimately hire Rousey.

Plus, it would just be weird seeing her in a WWE ring. Her aura would like, disappear fighting Alicia Fox...

Come on blokes! Be rational! She's huge and a hot than Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar was a Pro-Wrestler turned MMA fighter before returning back to Pro-Wrestling. Ronda Rousey should stay in MMA and have a good run. One run doesn't mean we can all start to banter about bringing her to the stupid Diva's division? Why do you want her in the Diva's division? Do you think that one lady can change the whole perspective of Kevin Dunn and Vince about the Divas? For god's sake we had 3 pure wrestling talents promoted to the Main Roster on one night? Did that make any difference?

See, I would appreciate Ronda in a cameo bout like pairing with the Rock to take on the Authority at Wrestlemania 32 but I certainly am not a fan of her becoming a "Diva". There's no credibility for her!

It would be phenomenal..
If she comes they should change the divas division back to women's and bring the women's championship back..
Also she should have a manager bcoz she ain't WWE kind of talker..
She should only fight at big events maybe only at WM an SS..
Also another idea i have is to introduce RONDA at ROYAL RUMBLE 2015..That would shock people left in the ring..But she gets eliminated by Stephanie's interruption or maybe Stephanie herself comes and eliminates Ronda with the help of other divas....
Ronda can maybe even challenge men in the WWE...
Anothet question is once she wins the womens title who has the credibility to defeat her i mean it wont make sense for some diva to defeat Ronda Rousey.
So I guess it should only be that WM match we all are talking about but it's said that The Rock won't be available to wrestle in the ring at WM32 due to some movie contract issues..
Well wait and see.

It would keep her relevant since her fame and the whole mystique surrounding her is now completely gone.

It would keep her relevant since her fame and the whole mystique surrounding her is now completely gone.

I would have to agree with this to an extent. She was on top because she had a 12 fight unbeaten streak. It looked like no one in the world could beat her, until last night. Usually she wins in under a minute or so, this fight went to the second round, before she took that kick to the head.

She was much more valuable to everyone when she was champ, now the bloom is off the rose so to speak. I've read that Dana White said a rematch would be in the offing but right now she has a concussion. I can't see her in the WWE unless she can get out of the UFC contract. One or two more losses and White might just let her do it. We'll have to see once she gets over this.

Reactions: NSL
One or two more losses and White might just let her do it. We'll have to see once she gets over this.

Love her or hate her, it really would be a shame to see her try to bounce back and just not be the same fighter. That was a nasty kick she took, that would have beaten anyone, and it could be a long recovery, or at least certainly longer than the 3 month turnaround she's used to.

If she can come back and pick up a win over a top contender (which I assume her match would be), then she would certainly be in line for a title fight, I think.

I don't think she wants to leave, not being on top. So this potential 2-3 fight window would need to pass first.

Love her or hate her, it really would be a shame to see her try to bounce back and just not be the same fighter. That was a nasty kick she took, that would have beaten anyone, and it could be a long recovery, or at least certainly longer than the 3 month turnaround she's used to.

If she can come back and pick up a win over a top contender (which I assume her match would be), then she would certainly be in line for a title fight, I think.

I don't think she wants to leave, not being on top. So this potential 2-3 fight window would need to pass first.

Oh don't get me wrong, I think she's great and is a wonderful ambassador for women in sports. I would love to see her pick it up and get back into it, have her rematch and win the title again and go on another unbeaten streak.

The problem is once someone who has been seen as unbeatable, get's beat, it does something not only to the fans but also the person themselves. She was on a fantastic run, could pretty much do anything she wanted. Became a movie star all because she was not only beautiful, but the UFC Bantamweight champ. No one could beat her and it made her special. Now Holly Holm will pick up some of that so called mystique for slaying the giant.

I sincerely hope Rousey comes back stronger than ever and shows the world that this was a fluke.

Now Holly Holm will pick up some of that so called mystique for slaying the giant.

She will, only if she can defend the belt at least once. If she loses to Tate, this win will be viewed as a fluke, especially if Rousey bounces back and beats Tate for the belt. It'll be turned into the division being a joke, and UFC spent all that money to create a division based on Rousey, and now they have nothing. It will really be a disaster for women's MMA, with the way they built Rousey, and no one else.

She will, only if she can defend the belt at least once. If she loses to Tate, this win will be viewed as a fluke, especially if Rousey bounces back and beats Tate for the belt. It'll be turned into the division being a joke, and UFC spent all that money to create a division based on Rousey, and now they have nothing. It will really be a disaster for women's MMA, with the way they built Rousey, and no one else.

Geez when you put it that way it sort of puts you in mind of Vince McMahon doesn't it. I'm sure that Rousey will make it back, but it will take more than one or two fights to get her back to where she was before, if they can even do it.

But agree with you what you said. She really is responsible for putting women's MMA in the forefront, so she can at least carry that with her going forward. Let's hope it doesn't fall apart now she is no longer champ. Still don't see her in the WWE though, the way she talks is that is something down the road maybe when her UFC days were over.

Come on blokes! Be rational! She's huge and a hot than Brock Lesnar. Brock Lesnar was a Pro-Wrestler turned MMA fighter before returning back to Pro-Wrestling. Ronda Rousey should stay in MMA and have a good run. One run doesn't mean we can all start to banter about bringing her to the stupid Diva's division? Why do you want her in the Diva's division? Do you think that one lady can change the whole perspective of Kevin Dunn and Vince about the Divas? For god's sake we had 3 pure wrestling talents promoted to the Main Roster on one night? Did that make any difference?

See, I would appreciate Ronda in a cameo bout like pairing with the Rock to take on the Authority at Wrestlemania 32 but I certainly am not a fan of her becoming a "Diva". There's no credibility for her!

Yeah Exactly..... The whole problem is the thinking of Vince & Co about women..... Most probably which will never change and WWE will be having women wrestlers and not "Divas" only when Vince leaves the control to Triple H...... I can hope only from Triple H to restablish the division back to Women Division...
And yeah i like Rousey a lot.... and i got really sad when i knew about the streak broken...
But please i dont want to see her as a WWE Diva.... It will completely degrade her aura and uniqueness..... She should remain in UFC and fight back to become champion again....

*Fingers Crossed*

I think most people would enjoy seeing it, just look at the response the Rousey segment at WrestleMania received.

There's money in Ronda Rousey and every report I've read or heard about suggests that she's definitely interested in coming to WWE; she's a life long wrestling fan and the Diva Division would take massive leaps forward with Rousey as the face of it.

If Rousey showed up, I don't think I'd want to see her win the title her first bout. For one thing, it'd wind up making pretty much the entire Diva Division look bad and it'd most definitely be a show of favoritism towards Rousey. People have had a low opinion of women's wrestling in WWE, deservedly so, for a long time and we've seen that turn around on the main roster in the last 5 months or so; there's still work to do but a good amount of progress has been made, so having Rousey flat out dominate the division and hot shotting her from the second she arrived would be a step backwards for the division as a whole.

If Rousey came to WWE, I think the best way to go would be for her to set herself up as someone that's experiencing a dream come true as she's been a fan her entire life. However, even though she's been a huge success in MMA, that doesn't mean that she expects or wants to have success handed to her on a silver platter in WWE; she's earned everything she's got through hard work and determination, so establishing herself in WWE and someday becoming WWE Divas Champion will be no different. Such an approach while portraying her journey towards being Divas Champion, simultaneously elevating the rest of the division along the way, give fans a reason to invest in her beyond simply the fact that she's Ronda Rousey, former UFC Women's Bantumweight Champion.

One or two more losses and White might just let her do it.

Yes, but not for a good reason. He might do it because after 2 or 3 losses, he no longer sees Rousey as an attraction whose reputation he has to protect. In other words, he'd let her try WWE because he doesn't give a tin shit about her anymore.

By the same token, are pro wrestling fans going to be as thrilled about having Ronda turn up in a WWE ring? As someone else said, most of her mystique came from the fact she was undefeated.....and supposedly invincible. True, you could argue that Brock Lesnar didn't decide to return to 'fake' fighting until he got bopped a couple of times in UFC.....but he already had a rep as a pro wrestler; we knew very well who he was.

It will be very interesting to see what Ronda does now. So much was tied up in her being unbeaten & unbeatable, from a commercial point of view....and surely from her personal feelings and ambitions.

So what happens now?

Reactions: NSL
So what happens now?

Hopefully she can bounce back and take the title back upon her return, but losing in a shocker like that really does something to the psyche of a person who perceives themselves as unbeatable. Rarely are they the same afterwards.

I agree with the notion that were Rousey to lose a couple more fights, Dana would be more open to lending her away because her aura would be basically gone. But 2-3 fights is a year and a half at the least. Also, as Sally mentioned, would a WWE run make the intended impact given that she's not seen as unstoppable anymore? I'm happy with Rousey in UFC to be honest, don't know how I'd feel about seeing her in a WWE ring competing with "Divas" when I know she can kick the majority of the locker rooms ass.

I think Ronda should take some time off enjoy herself do some other things, she already dominated the UFC women's division and lost her first match, so what, many great fighters have lost and come back, Randy did, Chuck did, clearly last night she got beat and needs to step up her game if she wants to be on top again, UFC is not a long time thing for any fighter, if she has other opportunities to take why not, no matter what no one can take away what she has accomplished, many fighters, football players etc move to wrestling, Shamrock did it and then went back did he not, Ronda is still young enough to move around a little and do things, its her future and life, even if she goes to WWE it will not take away from what she has done in UFC, maybe she will come back stronger and more prepared and retake the title or not, only time will tell

.... but losing in a shocker like that really does something to the psyche of a person who perceives themselves as unbeatable.

I've seen only a YouTube replay of the knockout, but nothing of the rest of the fight. Still, could Ronda's problem have been that she saw herself as invincible.....and that's what caused her to lose? Might she not have attained the fighting edge she had in previous fights because of overconfidence? Hmm?

At any rate, it's how others now perceive her that will determine whether the many opportunities that were open to her still exist.

Will WWE still even want her.......and if they do, will she be able to hang them up for the amount of money she did before losing?

This isn't going to happen.

Ronda Rousey is a real fighter. Why, because of one loss, would she be interested in fake wrestling?

That would completely destroy her image and credibility.

Ronda has said numerous times its not a matter of if but when she gets back in a wrestling ring with WWE. Shes been a fan of wrestling a long time and plans to do something with it probably once her UFC's days are over,

Many people are talking like this is the end of her career as a UFC Fighter. That is horse shit not only to Ronda but to Holly too. Holly would smash any woman in that division the way she handled Ronda. Ronda will probably be granted a rematch when she wants it and if she wins that will probably lead to a 3rd fight down the road. If she loses the rematch i could see her leaving to do movies and focus on other stuff(wrestling,anything else shes into)

People think its a fluke win because a woman with 40+ fights across boxing and MMA and only a few losses came into the UFC and within a short time beat a champion. Its not a fluke. She has probably studied a lot of these women and know what type of fighters they are just from her kick boxing background. I think Ronda got caught slipping and will have to train much harder the next time around to prevent the same outcome.

It will be interesting to see where she goes from here none the less.

She would clearly be the Brock Lesnar of the woman's division. I just found out she lost and I'm not happy, I'm becoming a fan of this woman. She's beautiful, she's tough as nails and I had her on the highest of high pedestals, damn I hate that she lost.

Me too man! I was hoping she would stay undefeated before retiring and she would have been BIG if she came to wwe after that! I don't see her coming to wwe now. Maybe if she loses her next fight? I hope she gets a rematch and wins her belt back. I just hope if she did come to wwe, they don't change her name. That would make me puke!

Holm had a lot of things going for her: Rousey came in unfocused. The pre-fight weigh-in fiasco made Holm look strong. Furthermore, the fight being in Australia did Rousey no favors. Rousey walked into this with four Aces. Problem was that Holm had a Straight Flush.

Holm ABSOLUTELY kicked Rousey's ass all over the Octagon. It was so bad that if you did not know what Rousey looked like, you'd swear Holm was fighting a novice. That is how bad it was last night for Rousey. This is what happens when you are pulled in all directions. Is she going to WWE? Is she going to make a movie? Is she going to have a podcast? It was like Pacquiao not having the fire to fight anymore. Why? The guy has his own game show. He is elected to Congress. He builds homes for the poor. When does he have time to concentrate on a fight? Rousey needs to sit down a really go over what she wants to do. Stepping back might help

As for Holm winning: fluke or not, it has helped women in MMA. It is no longer Rousey and whoever else. You now have a situation where you can now develop more stars in the Women's Division within UFC. Now, the opportunity exists for other women to rise above the fray to become champions in their own right. You may not have to go through Rousey to be legitimate anymore.

She can only have one match.. You must be crazy if you think Ronda can compete regularly in the divas division.. She would easily squash every diva they have, or it would like like a pile of crap.. She should only be a special attraction, maybe destroy Stephanie or something.

The fact that you want Ronda in the divas division on a regular basis shows how little investment the divas have.. They're trying to build up some woman and you want them to take that all away by having Ronda kick all of their asses. You know damn well she would never lose and put someone over. She would definitely draw for WWE but that's why they should use her as a special attraction if they can get her.. Much like Brock Lesnar, but not as frequently.

As much as I would like to see Ronda Rousey join the WWE full-time, I just don't see it happening. I think she can be brought in as a special attraction from time to time like at WrestleMania, but nothing permanent. I just can't imagine her coming in and decimating every opponent thrown her way, as this would end up hurting the other divas and making them look like chumps. At the same time, I can't imagine her, one of the toughest women on the planet, having to put over the likes of Alicia Fox and Brie Bella. It would be a lose-lose situation in that case.

I'm surprised at how many people are reacting as if Rousey's career as a UFC fighter is over just because of one loss. She can bounce back from this if she wants to. She's been doing so many other things aside from fighting in the past year such as filming movies, doing modeling work and making guest appearances. Maybe this loss will cause her to step back and help her regain her focus again. At the same time, it opens up the door for other challengers to step up and make the UFC womens division more competitive.

On a side note, can anyone really picture Ronda holding that purple butterfly belt on her shoulder or around her waist? Please. If someone handed that to her, she would rip off both their arms and beat the person to death with them.

I'm surprised at how many people are reacting as if Rousey's career as a UFC fighter is over just because of one loss. She can bounce back from this if she wants to. She's been doing so many other things aside from fighting in the past year such as filming movies, doing modeling work and making guest appearances. Maybe this loss will cause her to step back and help her regain her focus again. At the same time, it opens up the door for other challengers to step up and make the UFC womens division more competitive.

First off, taking on too much other stuff is her fault and her's alone. If she wants to do that other stuff then she shouldn't choose to do a fight during it. She chooses what projects she takes on and how her schedule works.

I'm not even sure this was about movies and other stuff. I think this was about being focused on other B.S. and not taking her opponent (Holm) seriously. In other fights, she would talk more about the opponent leading up to it. This one all you heard out of her was Floyd Mayweather, Justin Bieber, the problem with women in America, etc.

Furthermore, I am not so sure people are acting as though her career is over as much as the aura around her. Once you lose, and look as bad as she did, that mystique goes away. You're no longer "the baddest woman on the planet."

Also, (and this is not a sexist thing as I fully support women in sports) but in general, American society does not and it takes A LOT to get them to notice. So, the fame aspect and how much the general population cared could very well be gone. There isn't as much reason for the regular sports fan to pay attention to her anymore because what made her special (being undefeated, killing every opponent) is now gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back