• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ICYMI - Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm

enviousdominous

Behold my diction
Free and legal:

[YOUTUBE]626ju7W1VcM[/YOUTUBE]

While Ronda lost the fight, she endured a brutal series of hits throughout that first round. I have the utmost respect for Ronda Rousey in that she made Holly Holm have to fight the greatest fight of her entire career to earn that belt.

The biggest highlight for me is at 10:09. Most people would have had crazy butterflies in their stomach at the notion that they might defeat a name like Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm owned that entire match and still had enough mental wherewithal to finesse Ronda Rousey at that moment.

Free and legal:

[YOUTUBE]626ju7W1VcM[/YOUTUBE]

While Ronda lost the fight, she endured a brutal series of hits throughout that first round. I have the utmost respect for Ronda Rousey in that she made Holly Holm have to fight the greatest fight of her entire career to earn that belt.

The biggest highlight for me is at 10:09. Most people would have had crazy butterflies in their stomach at the notion that they might defeat a name like Ronda Rousey, Holly Holm owned that entire match and still had enough mental wherewithal to finesse Ronda Rousey at that moment.
That fight was an awesome one.

I was utterly shocked by the end of Ronda Rousey's undefeated streak. That kick was too devastating and completely destroyed the balance of Rousey and the rest is history.

I do believe that Ronda was impatient while fighting and just was throwing strikes without much precision whereas Holms preferred hard precised strikes and therefore could beat Rousey.
Holms' Kickboxing and Boxing experience worsened the situation for Rousey. Overall an awesome bout.

:devil:

That fight was an awesome one.

I was utterly shocked by the end of Ronda Rousey's undefeated streak. That kick was too devastating and completely destroyed the balance of Rousey and the rest is history.

I do believe that Ronda was impatient while fighting and just was throwing strikes without much precision whereas Holms preferred hard precised strikes and therefore could beat Rousey.
Holms' Kickboxing and Boxing experience worsened the situation for Rousey. Overall an awesome bout.

I had given Ronda grief before for how she behaved outside of the ring, I still think she was very unfair to Holly Holm. Hopefully this woke her up and will make her into a much more mature role-model.

I was most impressed with the beating that Ronda took vs the precision of Holly's strikes. I think if you put most male fighters in the ring against Holly, they would have been destroyed long before that fateful kick at the end. Ronda took an insane beating and was still able to walk out under her own power, I'd say that more than ever I respect her as a fighter now that I see how much damage one of the world's greatest strikers had to unleash before she finally couldn't continue.

I had given Ronda grief before for how she behaved outside of the ring, I still think she was very unfair to Holly Holm. Hopefully this woke her up and will make her into a much more mature role-model.

I was most impressed with the beating that Ronda took vs the precision of Holly's strikes. I think if you put most male fighters in the ring against Holly, they would have been destroyed long before that fateful kick at the end. Ronda took an insane beating and was still able to walk out under her own power, I'd say that more than ever I respect her as a fighter now that I see how much damage one of the world's greatest strikers had to unleash before she finally couldn't continue.
Exactly to the point, buddy.

Noone in this world can ignore the fact that Ronda possesses very high toughness due to which she could survive bunch of precised and hard strikes from Holms. The main strength of Ronda is her toughness whereas its strike ability in case of Holms and wrestling ability on case of Miesha.

About Miesha VS Holms: I totally loved this bout. Championship bouts have less tendency to complete 5 rounds due to many factors. I was happy to see this fight go till 5 rounds. Holms dominated in Ist, IIIrd and IVth round with her precised strikes. She did lose balance in IInd round but she could survive the choke tries by Miesha. Most awesome was the Vth round. Holms would have surely won the fight with unanimous decision as she was dominant so Miesha had to tackle her down at the right time and thats what she did. Holms did try very hard and tried to flip Miesha off her back but Miesha didn't lose the hold which worsened the situation for Holms' neck and rest was done by the awesome Rear Naked Choke! I really am too happy for Miesha. :p

The main strength of Ronda is her toughness whereas its strike ability in case of Holms and wrestling ability on case of Miesha.

No it's not.

Rousey's biggest strength is her judo. To say anything other than her judo is her biggest strength is insane. She was undefeated not because of her coaching team, which has been exposed as shit, but because of her judo training. The judo throw made her a World Champion so therefore it's her biggest strength.

Rousey is still the best woman fighter in the world, and it's not even close. Holly destroyed Rousey, it's pretty obvious by that video. However, in a scenario were it is both girls last fight and winner stays alive, Rousey makes quick work. I don't know the exact stats and I'm on my phone so I can't be bother checking the specific stats but Rouseys previous title defenses all ended in the first round. Her fights also averaged all around 3 minutes. Now if you are Rousey you would surely have some overconfidence because you have literally just smashed the last 5 number one contenders with ease. The supposed second best fighters against you, you are destroying. As a professional you are expected to always be best prepared, that doesn't mean athletes don't get overconfident though . Holms did awesome and her strikes were phenomenal, but taite proved that you can easily beat Holms on the ground. Maybe Rousey will try taking her down instead of trying to play Holms game.

I fully expect Rousey to regain that belt from Miesha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back