• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Roman Reigns vs Triple H at Wrestlemania

L@RISANO

R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
First of all, this is just a fantasy booking I thought of, in light of CM Punk leaving(it seems genuine based on the reports).
I am one of those who believe that regardless of whatever matches are scheduled at Wrestlemania 30, a Main Event of Randy Orton vs Batista will be royally shitted on by an Entire Arena of fans for the duration of that match.

Now,myself and many others expect that, Daniel Bryan will probably take over the Authority rebel role that CM Punk was slated to be doing. Whilst many of us would love to see DB kick HHH's ass at Wrestlemania...I think the overwhelming majority of WWE fans would love to see Daniel Bryan Main Eventing Wrestlemania 30 and lifting the WWE WHC at the end of the show to a chorus of YES! chants ringing around the arena.

All that said, after the latest SmackDown show, seeing Roman Reigns demand a match vs the Wyatts and shoot down HHH in the process got me thinking...what if, instead of Daniel Bryan vs HHH; WWE start Roman Reigns' real Singles push with a match against HHH at Wrestlemania 30.

Most of us expect a Triple threat match between the 3 members of the Shield (Something I wouldn't mind in the least bit).
However, a programme between Roman Reigns(with the Shield behind him initially) and HHH could be used to break Roman Reigns away from the Shield and turn him babyface more easily,lMO.
It is clear that Reigns, even as a heel, is getting over with the fans. The thought of him beating down on HHH at Wrestlemania would be a great sight,tbh. As for the other members of the Shield; tbh, their roles have been diminished somewhat during Reigns' obvious push. Also, most reports say that Reigns is going to break away.

So, why not tease some more tension between HHH and the Shield(especially Roman Reigns) after Elimination Chamber?
Fans would get behind the Shield for their last few weeks as a faction as they firstly, break away from the Authority. They could claim to be pissed that they are always just portrayed as lackeys of the Authority and suchlike. Have Roman Reigns take centre stage with various face-offs with HHH, whilst the other 2(Ambrose and Rollins) support him,but with less intensity than Reigns. After it boils over, with the Shield taking out Kane and whoever else HHH uses to protect him...the match is then set for WM.

At Wrestlemania, Roman Reigns and HHH have a good back and forth, until Reigns hits his Superman punch and Spear...have spots where he kicks out from the Pedigree. Just when Reigns is about to win the match, Ambrose and Rollins(who were at ringside during the entire match) come in and beat down Reigns and HHH steals the win. Post-match, it is revealed that HHH cut a deal with the other 2 and basically told them that Reigns isn't better than they are,whatsoever.

Now, some of you may ask, why have Roman Reigns lose?
It's simple really, Roman Reigns dominating the match and losing due to interference, would allow him to have an easy break-away from the group,whilst keeping both Ambrose and Rollins heel(Personally, whilst I see them getting pushed a bit, I think both guys could be pushed sometime later when the spotlight is on them individually, would benefit them greatly). Additionally, the loss wouldn't hurt Roman Reigns all that much. Yes, he would be losing at Wrestlemania for the first time, however, after HHH beats him with help and also the fact that he would be betrayed by his team, it would get the fans right behind him and also set up a Storyline feud that could possibly go all the way until SummerSlam and culminate in HHH vs Roman Reigns part 2, where Reigns be put over. On the way, he can defeat both Ambrose and Rollins. All of this would help him build momentum to take in the Main Event scene eventually with Reigns' build-up as a star well on its way to completion by the time he gets there.

Cheers.
Your thoughts??

While fans might want Bryan winning the title at WrestleMania XXX, I don't see it happening. Bryan going up against Triple H, however, the heel authority figure that's repeatedly screwed him out of the title, is the next best thing. While it's possible that WWE might pull a surprise move and put the title on Bryan at Elimination Chamber, thereby leading him into WrestleMania XXX as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, it's more likely that Bryan will have another big performance at EC, look like he's on the verge of capturing the title when, somehow, Triple H manages to screw him out of it again. It's the straw that breaks the camel's back, so Bryan challenges Trips to a match; maybe Trips doesn't want to accept at first, so maybe Bryan winds up kicking the crap out of him in order to goad him into it. If Bryan goes over Triple H at WrestleMania XXX, which I think is what will probably happen, then I'd say Bryan will be come champion no later than SummerSlam.

As for Roman Reigns against Triple H, right now, I'm just not seeing the money in it. It makes too much sense for Reigns to get into it with Ambrose and Rollins. When a team as dominant as The Shield has been breaks up and when all three members of said team has made lasting impressions, it just doesn't make sense for them to not feud with each other in some manner. If you had one member of The Shield really be a standout, be the guy who was ultimately carrying the team on his shoulders, I'd be willing to skip a feud between them as there just wouldn't be all that much interest. That, however, is most certainly not the case when it comes to The Shield.

I think that 2014 will be a year that's spent mostly as a building year for Reigns in which he's significantly elevated but, as of right now, I just don't see him as having the juice going over a star as big and established as Triple H. It's too soon, in my opinion.

While fans might want Bryan winning the title at WrestleMania XXX, I don't see it happening. Bryan going up against Triple H, however, the heel authority figure that's repeatedly screwed him out of the title, is the next best thing. While it's possible that WWE might pull a surprise move and put the title on Bryan at Elimination Chamber, thereby leading him into WrestleMania XXX as the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, it's more likely that Bryan will have another big performance at EC, look like he's on the verge of capturing the title when, somehow, Triple H manages to screw him out of it again. It's the straw that breaks the camel's back, so Bryan challenges Trips to a match; maybe Trips doesn't want to accept at first, so maybe Bryan winds up kicking the crap out of him in order to goad him into it. If Bryan goes over Triple H at WrestleMania XXX, which I think is what will probably happen, then I'd say Bryan will be come champion no later than SummerSlam.

As for Roman Reigns against Triple H, right now, I'm just not seeing the money in it. It makes too much sense for Reigns to get into it with Ambrose and Rollins. When a team as dominant as The Shield has been breaks up and when all three members of said team has made lasting impressions, it just doesn't make sense for them to not feud with each other in some manner. If you had one member of The Shield really be a standout, be the guy who was ultimately carrying the team on his shoulders, I'd be willing to skip a feud between them as there just wouldn't be all that much interest. That, however, is most certainly not the case when it comes to The Shield.

I think that 2014 will be a year that's spent mostly as a building year for Reigns in which he's significantly elevated but, as of right now, I just don't see him as having the juice going over a star as big and established as Triple H. It's too soon, in my opinion.

As I said; This match/feud is a total fantasy. A mere suggestion with CM Punk gone and the Universe wanting Daniel Bryan to be in the Main Event picture.
As I also said; I have no problem with the Shield showdown nor Daniel Bryan vs the Authority that everyone is expecting.
In this fantasy booking, that showdown between the Shield members would occur but Post-Wrestlemania, with Roman Reigns the one to break away by himself.

However, HHH, in my booking, would win at Wrestlemania due to Ambrose and Rollins' interference, and he would be the Main foe for Roman Reigns in a long Storyline feud from Wrestlemania 30 till SummerSlam where Roman Reigns would be the Rebel going against the Authority instead of CM Punk as originally planned. lMO, it would be a great way to help Roman Reigns turn into a Babyface and get over big-time with the fans.

I thought about this the moment I read the SD spoilers and I still think it can work, after all Bray Wyatt is getting a match with John Cena off the back of one big singles win.

Personally what I'd do is have Reigns get in Triple H's face over being ordered to do something after EC, Rollins tries to calm him down but Ambrose cheap shots Rollins and then Triple H blindsides Reigns. It sets up two matches for Mania.

In 2005, when Triple H was the leader of Evolution. I legit hated the character he was portraying and even today, I have gotten older and respect his ability to play a heel, but I have never become fond of him in any way. His ability to portray that guy that you just want to see get his a** kicked and pummeled is brilliant. When Batista was getting his big breakout from Evolution, I remember the anticipation I had and how I hoped Batista would smack the arrogance out of Triple H and absolutely destroy him. If the above fantasy booking was to happen between Roman Reigns and HHH, it would be wonderful to revisit that moment again, but with a new Animal.

Roman Reigns vs Batista would make more sense. They can play off the ending of the Royal Rumble, and Batista could use his main event level as a stepping stone for Reigns to get over as a singles star. This match I have had in my Mania card for months since Reigns was the chosen one decided to be the nexy big thing. Batsita somehow has to be taken out of the maion event of Wrestlemania XXX. And Orton needs to drop the belt in the EC so he isnt in the main event either. I personally think Brock Lesnar going into Wrestlemania as champion is more intriguing, but defending it against Taker isnt the way to go either. If Wyatt wasnt being opushed down our throats, I think John Cena winning the Chamber and defending agaisnt Bryan would have been much better.

I'd rather see Roman Reigns face The Undertaker. Facing Taker with Reigns looking good in good in defeat would do wonders for his career.

If HHH vs. Reigns happen, I can already see HHH winning, then Reigns losing momentum and be lucky to get a win against HHH at Extreme Rules (if they book that match)

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/451543-wrestlemania-30-match-being-discussed

Apparently, if Daniel Bryan is placed into a Triple Threat match for the WWE WHC title alongwith Batista and Randy Orton. Then, the possible Shield triple threat match will be cancelled in favour of Roman Reigns facing Triple H at the event.

I had put this idea forward before, since the plans discussed have always centred around Roman Reigns leaving the Shield with a Babyface turn rather than the Shield outright breaking up.
Indeed, if a Triple Threat happens between the members, that will signal the end of the group as a whole.

However, it will now seemingly depend on Daniel Bryan's programme for the event. Although with Kane attacking DB on SmackDown and RAW, it seems that a Daniel Bryan vs Triple H match is still the primary plan.

It's a interesting idea. HHH vs DB wasn't a bad idea since that actually makes complete sense story wise, (we don't get that very often) but they had to see that a Orton vs Batista main event just wasn't going to fly. This also helps hide that Batista still has a lot of ring rust to get rid of, which would've been totally exposed in a 1v1 match.

As for Reigns, he gets his first big solo WM match, which isn't too shabby for a guy so relatively new to the roster. The only drawback is I don't see him winning it since it would be a perfect time to re-debut Mason Ryan to cost him the match and to keep Shield as the Authority's henchmen.

Also the reason for a Reigns vs HHH match would be weird at best. Like if HHH wasn't willing to fight a guy he generally didn't seem to like(DB) who not only kneed him in the face but stuck his best friend in a submission hold and wouldn't let go, what can Reigns possibly do to get HHH in a match? That'll be a tough one to figure out, least it'll be interesting to watch them try.

This sounds like a much better idea to me.

Give the fans what they want and also gives Reigns a good push.

Also makes sense as it is highly likely that the Wyatts will go over the Shield, and the Shield will more than likely be cheered for by the crowd. Although the Shield can quickly be turned back to heels the next night, Reigns has been getting cheered a lot more as of late at the Royal Rumble and the shields promo with Triple H, so I expect them to pull the trigger soon.

This way they could have the Shield lose and break up at Elimination Chamber by having Reigns turn on Rollins and Ambrose. Have them lose the match by the Wyatts cheating with the ropes over Reigns or something. Ambrose confronts Reigns and then gets laid out. Rollins gets in Reigns face and argues with him before also getting laid out.

Have Triple H address Reigns on Raw the next night for his actions, ultimately leading to Ambrose and Rollins attacking him. Have either two people make the save for Reigns (Any combination of Big E Langston & Kofi Kingston, Christian, Sheamus, Darren Young, Dolph Ziggler, Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger (After his teased break-up with Cesaro)) to set up a tag team match at Wrestlemania with the winners walking away with both the IC title and the US title. Some might frown at this idea, but if the titles are not going to be unified, then they at least need to be kept relevant. Due to the amount of matches on the Wrestlemania card, I would hate to see either 1 or both of these titles missing out on being defended.

Have Ambrose & Rollins win and continue championship runs by supporting each other to some degree, until eventually Rollins accidentally causes Ambrose to lose his title. Ambrose supports Rollins in his next title match - only to turn on him and begin a feud.

Allows all 3 members of the shield to be elevated towards the top of the card towards the end of the year when the part-timers leave and they are needed.

Also gives them all another year to build towards some big matches in next years Wrestlemania. Reigns vs Batista or Lesnar anyone? Ambrose vs Sting? Rollins vs Wyatt? So many possibilities.

It's a interesting idea. HHH vs DB wasn't a bad idea since that actually makes complete sense story wise, (we don't get that very often) but they had to see that a Orton vs Batista main event just wasn't going to fly. This also helps hide that Batista still has a lot of ring rust to get rid of, which would've been totally exposed in a 1v1 match.

As for Reigns, he gets his first big solo WM match, which isn't too shabby for a guy so relatively new to the roster. The only drawback is I don't see him winning it since it would be a perfect time to re-debut Mason Ryan to cost him the match and to keep Shield as the Authority's henchmen.

Also the reason for a Reigns vs HHH match would be weird at best. Like if HHH wasn't willing to fight a guy he generally didn't seem to like(DB) who not only kneed him in the face but stuck his best friend in a submission hold and wouldn't let go, what can Reigns possibly do to get HHH in a match? That'll be a tough one to figure out, least it'll be interesting to watch them try.

Well for a start; they did tease a bit when the Shield demanded a match against the Wyatts. Reigns got into Triple H's face and basically said,"either give us the match, or I'm gonna kick your ass."

I also don't see Reigns being put over either. And even as a fan, it wouldn't be a bad thing either. He needs to be pushed slowly in any case, and having him screwed by the Authority(with as you said, Mason Ryan or someone else joining the Shield at the Authority's behest) would also get the fans behind him.
Needless to say, fans are always looking for fresh feuds, and Roman Reigns trying to fight the Authority is fresh indeed and something I would look forward to.

I believe Roman Reigns should face the Big Show in an I Quit Match.
It would be nice to see how the winner walks out of that one.:lol::lmao:;):nwo:

Personally I'd rather see DB fight HHH and then The Shield have their triple threat to disband the team, but if these new plans are true, I certainly wouldn't have a problem with them and they actually make more sense when you think about them.

Yes, DB has much more history with HHH than Roman does, but if Rollins and Ambrose stick by HHH's side while HHH goes head to head with Roman, it'll give Rollins and Ambrose more of a future in the long run (maybe even a Shield 2.0 with new members?) Because with The Shield disbanding, everyone (fans and WWE creative included) see nothing but bright plans for Roman's career, but what of Rollins and Ambrose after WM XXX? What, they pursue separate singles careers and settle into the midcard, at least for a bit? What would they do then and how would they stay relevant? That's where keep Rollins and Ambrose as HHH's hounds of justice to give them something to do and build their careers. Not to mention, story wise, inserting HHH into this possibly ongoing Shield feud ups the ante a little bit other than the obvious outcome of Reigns coming out on top. There's more intrigue in that sense. Plus, the WWE universe won't be satisfied until they see DB strapped with the WWE Title once Mania ends so if its between putting him against HHH and putting the Title on him before the credits roll, its best for creative to commit to the latter if they don't want the main event bombarded with "Yes!" and "CM Punk!" chants. Plus, if they do commit to Roman Reigns vs HHH, that sounds like something more fresh than DB vs HHH, making more people curious with the outcome and the fall out.

Therefore, just about everybody wins.

Now the Roman Reigns vs HHH match at WM would be interesting! Roman win or lose in that one could use the huge match. Its a win win for Roman. They kinda teased it,when Trips refused to book the Shield against the Wyatt,basically Roman had that look in saying,book it or I will kick your ass..

Mason Ryan is due to return soon i hear,so what better way in having these two have a match at WM,the shield turning their back on Roman costing him the win with their new ally Mason Ryan! Roman is gonna be a huge megastar IMO,but they need to bring him along slowly. A match against a potential three time HOF in trips,is the ultimate coo right now in his career.. I like the idea of this match instead of HHH vs Punk or HHH vs Bryan.

I am all for this idea.

If they aren't going to give Daniel Bryan the title to close WM, then don't do it at all.

So a Daniel Bryan vs. HHH match to earn contender ship or whatever for Extreme Rules is pointless.

Roman Reigns vs. HHH with someone screwing him over to set up Reigns vs. Authority evil boss feud. Book him on some Goldberg-nWo shit. Make dude look damn near unstoppable.

Hoping they go with this instead of a pointless D Bry - HHH match.

A Shield breakup doesn't need a match for it to take place.

This is the smart play should WWE want to give Roman Reigns a big kickstart. No offense to Ambrose or Rollins but Triple H is the biggest star out of the three and having Reigns face off against him already pushes his name up with the big boys. Even if he did lose, you give Reigns a solid outing like they did with him in the Royal Rumble and you'll have people turning heads so you can capitalise on a push later down the line.

Whilst Reigns definitely has the ability to keep up with Ambrose & Rollins in the ring, the result wouldn't yield the same unless it was a five-star classic bout. Why not lessen the workload for everyone and just have the star power that Triple H still has to rub off on Reigns rather than having all three work together to get somewhere?

Further proof: the Legacy Triple Threat didn't work out for all three members after they imploded and finished with their match at Wrestlemania. Sure, the obvious guy (Orton) won the match but what happened to the other two? It took Cody Rhodes a lot of evolving and self-development to keep himself relevant and Ted DiBiase drowned horribly. I'm saying this will happen to the possible SHIELD triple threat but it's evidence that the history could repeat itself.

Triple H vs. Roman Reigns, with the right storyline, will work and give Reigns the best push he could ask for right now.

Reigns vs Trips will be a great match and they could have 3 endings to it:Reigns winning clean / HHH winning with the interference of "The New Shield" {Ambrose & Rollins & Mayson Ryan/Alexander Rusev} & Reigns winning with the Authority {Kane} betrayal on him.

Listen Roman Reigns & Daniel Bryan & Dean Ambrose & Cody Rhodes & Bray Wyatt & Antonio Cesaro & Big E Langston & Damien Sandow & Dolph Ziggler & Wade Barret are the 12 man that will be full time main eventers/Biggest mid carders in the next decade {you can have Orton there too he is still young}.
So if WWE wants us to know that they are planning something for them they should show it to us.

If there will be no changes - this is what will happen at WM for each of those:
Roman Reigns - Top Mid Card match {vs the shield in a 3 way} / Main Event {vs HHH}.
Daniel Bryan - Main Event {vs HHH / vs Orton and Batista for the title}.
Dean Ambrose - Top Mid Card {vs the shield / some kind of unification match / tag title match with Rollins}
Cody Rhodes - Top Mid Card {match against Goldust / involving in the tag title match}.
Bray Wyatt - Main Event {in my opinion - vs Cena} / Top Mid Card {in a six man tag match with the family vs Cena & 2 legends - possibly Piper and Warrior/Hogan/Roberts}.
Antonio Cesaro - Mid Card {involving in the tag title match with the RA / have a minor singles win over a heel Sheamus/Heel Christian etc.}.
Big E Langston - Mid Card {IC title defense}.
Damien Sandow - Mid Card {IC title situation} / Undercard {being in some kind of a pre show/battle royal}.
Dolph Ziggler - Mid Card {tag title situation - rumors he will start to team up with The Miz} / Undercard {Battle Royal}
Wade Barret - Mid Card {have him face a minor dog like Rey Mysterio or Sheamus / IC title situation} / Undercard {battle royal}.

So do you think WWE develop it's future ME.I think they are in a good position with them right now.

What I would do to keep The Shield intact AND to follow storyline, I would do this:

Triple H/Kane/Sheamus .vs. Roman Reigns/Dean Ambrose/Seth Rollins

Have Sheamus turn Heel by attacking Daniel Bryan and announcing that he's now working for The Authority. It's a cheap way to throw Sheamus into there, but I don't think he would really have anything else going for him heading into Wrestlemania if they do indeed do the Batista/Daniel Bryan/Randy Orton Triple Threat match.

This also makes sense storyline wise because it would be The Authority .vs. The Shield, who would either be Tweeners or full-fledged faces, and with Roman Reigns getting into the face of Triple H this week, I think it could be a start to this match.

- Brock Lesnar .vs. Undertaker
- John Cena .vs. Bray Wyatt
- Triple H/Kane/Sheamus .vs. Roman Reigns/Dean Ambrose/Seth Rollins
- Batista .vs. Daniel Bryan .vs. Randy Orton - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Those 4 matches plus whatever else they just slap together, I think it would be a very decent Wrestlemania that would end in the biggest pop ever with Daniel Bryan finally raising the Championship Title over his head.

No. That sounds like an awful idea. I don't think Reigns is up for a match where he has to do the majority of the selling and judging by Hunter's matches with Lesnar, he won't take that on either. I'm all for Roman getting a push, the dude is obviously a star, but to have your first PPV singles match against a certified start at fucking Wrestlemania is a potential setback, especially considering that there is no fucking way he's going over.

Let him beat his (by then) former teammates. It's the logical step.

DBryan in the main event for the title and Triple H facing Roman Reigns.

Please, Buddha, make it true, not just another Internet rumor. I fear it's the latter, though, simply because, given their track record of the last 12-24 months, I don't expect the WWE to do anything right anymore.

This sounds as if the WWE brass finally decided that they can't close their eyes and ears any longer and will have to do, what they profess to have always been doing anyway: give the people what they want. The Royal Rumble fiasco (including the Punk walkout) must have been a rough wakeup call. They pulled the emergency brake and realized that if WMXXX ends with anything other than Bryan celebrating with the WWE title, it's going to be an utter catastrophe.

As for Roman Reigns vs. Triple H - excellent! This match could be a great rub for Reigns. A logical storyline can easily be fabricated, what with the SHIELD (formerly) being involved with the Authority. Ideally Reigns would win this match, but even if the Tripper's ego doesn't allow that, it can still elevate the value of Reigns' stock considerably. Contrary to popular opinion, Triple H can have epic matches that benefit everyone involved, especially on a stage like Wrestlemania.

All in all, this rumor sounds too good to be true. In Triple H's WWE I would think it more likely that they give Bryan a match on the pre-show in a losing effort to Luke Harper and have Triple H in a handicap match against Brock Lesnar, Chris Jericho, Hulk Hogan and a grizzly bear and emerge victoriously. Reigns will be in a filler 6 man tag match so short that he doesn't even get tagged in. Now that sounds like the WWE I know.

I'd rather have Reigns take on a Shield/Wyatt member or even Big E Langston for the IC Title than have him face HHH, I think it's just too soon for him.

I don't think Reigns is up for a match where he has to do the majority of the selling and judging by Hunter's matches with Lesnar, he won't take that on either.

Agreed. So much of it depends on how Triple H sees his own role and image at this late date in his career. Obviously, he can win every match he's in from here to doomsday if he wants; he's the guy who calls the shots, so you figure he can sacrifice himself for any wrestler he wants pushed (talk about hands-on managing). However, if he shows up at every major PPV and gets the hell beat out of him, how long would he be considered a major conquest for a guy on his way up? It's a unique problem, given his dual role as an administrator/performer.

So, here's Roman Reigns. It seems he's been ready for his push for quite some time, yet if the company has apparently been waiting for the biggest stage of the year to give it to him, where's the logic of him jobbing to Triple H?

The more I see of Reigns, the more I like him. Last night on Smackdown, his willingly stepping aside so Ambrose could make the pin was slickly done ("Hey, Dean! If it's so important for you to get the victory, let me be gallant and let you have it.") The gesture itself burned with sarcasm and I loved the snarky half-smile on Roman's face as he delivered it.

The guy is ready for his big move, but if he has to pay homage to Trips by losing or over-selling, his big push will be delayed past WM30. On the other hand, if Triple H can sell convincingly for Reigns, it would be another story altogether.

I don't know enough about what Reigns can be as a singles competitor for now to be a good time for Triple H to be facing anyone with as much upside potential. A HHH loss pigeonholes HHH as nothing more than enhancement talent which really damages his ability to get over future talent. A HHH win may move Reigns down to Cesaro like purgatory. I don't know if Reigns has the chops to get himself out of that.

However, if there is one guy that can carry Reigns to a competent lengthy main eventish match it is HHH. Being COO the feud has a multitude of options. I don't even think they need to break The Shield up to get to this match. They may have to get The Shield to stop being HHH's lackeys but that's ok. HHH still has Kane, maybe the Wyatts, and Batista joining up would make sense. HHH could even make mention of Reigns similarities to The Rock that bother him.

If HHH is going to lose, DB is a better option. He seems closer to the title than Reigns right now. Punk would also be a better choice since he doesn't damage HHH's ability to put guys over in the future. Still there are a lot of unknowns with Reigns. He may be able to carry singles matches and feuds better than I would have ever expected and not just be a guy who does cool things in tags and gimmick matches.

In my mind this could be booked easily, but writers can also screwup everything with a single mistake... The Wyatt Family will win at EC, so the Shield will likely break up... The dangerous part with the breakup is that The Shield members should face off against each other. There must be some kind of payoff... so how will there be a payoff if the match for WrestleMania is Reigns vs HHH? The only way in my mind is having the breakup only after WrestleMania, so you have Reigns going over HHH and then going over his former partners.

How? Have HHH and Reigns get into eachother's faces a couple more times until EC. Then, have Ambrose cost Reigns or vice-versa at Elimination Chamber. They could even start throwing blows at each other after the match with Rollins trying everything to stop them.
The next Raw, have HHH give the Shield an order and Reigns refuse to do it. Ambrose and Rollins advise him to do it for their own safety, but he doesn't do it. In that Raw or the next one, have HHH put the Shield in a 11 or 12 man handicap match as punishment.

Later have Reigns come to blows with HHH, Ambrose and Rollins try to break them up but Reigns gets free and attempts to spear HHH... only to hit Stephanie. There's your personal reason for HHH to face Reigns at WrestleMania.

Now, the Shield could turn on Reigns and ally with HHH, but play along with me... Ambrose and Rollins back up Reigns going into WrestleMania, with Ambrose burying the hatch with Reigns. Have them fight off Kane and whoever the Authority puts in the way, allowing Reigns a clean win at WrestleMania. There's your big Reigns singles push starting.

Have a rematch at Extreme Rules, but this time HHH wins... because Ambrose and Rollins finally turn on him. Reason? HHH threatened their job security. However, Ambrose is happy to do so because he was sick of Reigns thinking he was better than him, but Rollins did it relutanctly. Now, we can have the Shield feud, the Shield's entire payoff...

Reigns and Ambrose feud, Rollins tries to be the peacekeeper as always. Have Reigns screw Ambrose of the US Title, so he can win cleanly at the next PPV without being stuck to the title. After Reigns wins, have Ambrose complain that Rollins didn't help him, slap him, insult him, whatever... leading to Rollins turning face as well. Reigns goes to bigger things, Ambrose and Rollins feud with each other.

Terrible idea. A Shield triple threat makes sense, so does HHH vs. Bryan. Why change it? Punk leaving has resulted in a possible match which fits perfectly into the storyline.

And I'm probably alone in wanting to see Orton vs. Batista. Fans will shit on it and it'll create one of the most interesting titles matches in WrestleMania, or maybe WWE, history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back