Roman Reigns Battles Cancer

Navi

With the safety off!!
If you watched RAW tonight you would have seen Roman Reigns open the show with an announcement that no one expected. Apparently he has battled leukemia in the past and he apparently is getting ready to go another round with it.

Now I'm not your biggest Reigns fan, but it sucks for him to be in this situation. After the long climb up to the top of the mountain, to have something like this happen just when he reaches the top, is just horrible. My sincere prayers go out to him and his family, and I hope he recovers from this. They have come leaps and bounds in cancer research but there is still a long way to go. So hopes and prayers to Reigns and hopefully we'll see him once again in a WWE ring.

Absolutely horrendous, and my prayers are with him. We may get angry with the product when characters don't live up to our expectations or when it's too apparent what's going on behind the scenes that it breaks the illusion a bit, but in the end they are still people living private lives. It's completely fucked Roman is going through this, and he is a strong person to have to face it a second time. No one wants their loved ones to go through this, and some of us know the hardship of seeing the ones we care about battle Leukemia. I hope to see him back in the ring, cancer free, as soon as humanly possible.

This is terrible. Regardless of how anyone feels about Reigns as a performer, there's a world of difference between Roman the character and Joe the man. He's a son, brother, husband, and father. I wish nothing but the best for Roman and his health, along with the rest of the Anoa'i family. Hope to see him back in the ring kicking ass in the future.

It's no wonder he worked so hard. Some people, take Randy Orton for example, after having been there, done that, he gets comfortable after a while. But not Roman. He has for how many years been put in tough and hard fought matches, matches after matches. Despite all that (the tolls it took on the body), and the boos he received, he continues on. Although seeming not being respected by many, he always had my respect when it comes to his dedication to the business.

If this news is real, my prayers go out to him. Roman, get well soon!

I a tally can't believe this. I seen this shared on Facebook, since I haven't really been watching Raw all that often these days. I honestly thought this was a joke article until I googled it and seen it confirmed everywhere.

Honestly, I'm heartbroken for him.

I haven't really had a problem with Roman Reigns the character to the same extent as most others. I'd love to see others pushed sometimes instead of a constant Reigns surge to the championship. Regardless, all of that pales in comparison to this news - its absolutely sickening for all of us.

He's a fighter and he'll beat this horrible disease. Good luck, Roman, we'll all be batting for you.

I wonder how those who have bagged Roman over the years feel now.

I remember someone here once even wishing death on Roman. I hope the POS who said that is feeling guilty now. But then, that would require a conscience.

People like John Cena and Roman Reigns, who fans on here hated for years are real people, with real struggles. The disgusting things said on here by losers who don't have an ounce of talent themselves is a disgrace.

I hope Roman recovers and gets well soon. I lost a brother to cancer, so it can be a devastating disease, and I hope he gets back in the ring (and maybe has a feud with the now-heel Dean Ambrose).

People need to remember that Roman is only occupying a spot that Vince McMahon opened for him. What is he supposed to do, say that he doesn't want to be Universal Champion, main event Wrestlemania or be the top guy. Don't hate the guy given the opportunity, question the one who gives it to him.

Things like this should make people think twice before they say terrible things about other people online.

I am not a Roman mark i respect his ability and think alot of his haters are marks that hate for the sake of hateing but to be honest the very first thing i thought when i saw this was DAMN vince surely you wouldnt use this work to get him over. Now i am sure that its not the case but that tells you how far long running fans think with regards to how low vince would go to get his own way. Now that over with love roman or hate roman i wish the guy nothing but a speedy recovery and hope his back soon Cancer sucks and takes to many people and i truely hope he does kicks its ass. The worst thing i think from the whole section of RAW was when roman said ive been battling leukemia for 11 years i heard fans shouting you still suck.... forget wrestling forget everything those doing that should be found and made to get in the ring with pros to show them some respect

Gutted.

Reigns, for all of the issues that have stemmed from his character not being handled correctly, has always been hard working and honestly has been one of the most consistent performers WWE has had for a number of years now. And aside from when he first started to get big and made the odd comment here or there that didn't go down well, he has seemed like a stand-up guy tool.

No one should have to go through something like this. I'm not religious, but if there is someone up there open to extra prayers, then mine along with my thoughts are with Joe Anoa'i and his family. Hopefully we see him return as Roman Reigns sooner rather than later, but I'll take him just recovering and staying healthy, even if it means he doesn't return to the ring. Life comes first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back