Rohan presents: The Royal Rumble PPV poster competition!

¡Roján!

Down with the trumpets.
Yes, yes, The Royal Rumble is in fact tomorrow, but, better late than never I suppose.

Truth of the matter is, the Graphic section has been sort of dead lately. So, let's get it going again with a friendly competition. We probably won't even decide on a winner, but still, I'm sure rep will be given.

I'll post mine tonight!

35k1jee.png

I'm not actually sure what to feel about this piece. I like the work I've done to the render but, I'm not sure if the background works with the Royal Rumble theme. The original render was Kane, but I made it to colourful and instead of de-saturating I just went with the returning Orton, instead. I'm half of proud of it, I suppose. Any feedback would be much appreciated, fellas.

So, not content with the first shot, I had a second attempt at it. And suffice to say, I FREAKING LOVE IT!

5u4qxl.png

I think it really shows off Daniel Bryan's state of mind, at the moment and how is character is slowing getting closer and closer to evil. The orange was actually orignally blue, but I changed it to get better with D-Bry's attire. This is probably my best piece ever, I'm really proud of myself. Hell, I'm using a variation of it as my sig I like it so much. Anyway, there you go. It's also crazy to think i was producing shit like this: http://i51.tinypic.com/keahkx.jpg about six months ago.

I like the Daniel Bryan one fo sure. The Randy Orton one is to big to really get a good look at it. It seems nice enough for me though. Only flaw is he looks like he is way bigger then the city. But, again, it is to big for me to clearly look at it.

*Now that I thought of it idk if my comments make sense lol*

Alright Rohan, here is my entry for this bad boy.

4jpdsm.png

This right here is actually a poster I made for J4L's book this Royal Rumble so much I'm using it here. I didn't plan on it, but nothing else was working. This was pretty simple here. I took the Rumble logo and made it red with an outline and did a slight wind blow and blur. I then played around with a render of CM Punk and sharpened and played with filters until he got that glossy effect I was looking for. I then found a background of a city in black and white and called it a night. My friend said it sort of resembled Sin City, so I took that as a compliment. But there ya have it homie.​

Nice work as always, Theo. And, I agree with what your friend says about it looking like a Sin City poster. Only problem is that my neck hurts, and the fact that I have to slant my head every time I see your poster isn't helping :lmao:

So, I'm going to leave this competition open until the stroke of midnight hits the fourth of February GMT. Basically, you have 11 hours and 12 minutes to post an entry. Then, I will post a thread in the GSD section where people can vote for the winner. The reason I'm posting it there is so that people don't have to make the effort to post a non-spam post and, more people will see it, as the traffic in the GSD section is quadriple what the DA&G section gets. More exposure is good, no? So, people get to posting your Royal Rumble posters. Oh, and for those posters who are on the fringe (I'm looking at you Sanka, Crock, Jam, Karilas, etc...) or maybe can't be bothered... KB is repping the winner! So, how does an exra juicy 200 (or 50, I'm not sure) rep points sound? Yeah, thought so. Get to posting people

rh4wbc.png

Here's my version of the poster. I decided to emphasize the World Heavyweight Championship match, instead of taking the traditional route. I thought it posed more of a challenge. There's a rough texture in there, some brushing in the background, there's a photo of a cage, some desaturation, a gradient, lots of stuff. I made sure that the World Heavyweight Championship was in brilliant color though, as I like working off of that.

At the behest of Rohan, I'll throw my hat in the ring. To see my first Rumble poster, please see my thread here.

royal_rumble_2012_v2_by_rollingthunderdesign-d4ojhrv.png

So, um, yeah. I just stumbled into this one, all I knew is that I wanted something a bit grungy. So I started with a blue background and added a couple of textures. There's a bunch of adjustment layers in there, too - mainly gradient maps and curves. I threw in a city skyline just... because. I wanted to use a St. Louis one, but it looked really bare. I thought I'd do the text next, and leave the wrestler images till last. However, I wrote "Royal Rumble" and this is what it looked like. I love the minimalist look, so I just went with it. There's a drop shadow on the text, and that's about it.

Here's my try at it.

91f8yp.png

Decided to go with something simple. I was really hoping that Jericho would have won the Rumble but I'm not disappointed with Sheamus. However, I saw this awesome render of Jericho and went with it. This is basically a background with the Jericho render being tweaked a little. Bebas Neue was a great font to work with here and everything was just gradients and some tweaking. There you have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back