ROH Press Conference + New Logo Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dragon Saga

Whale in a Teardrop
[YOUTUBE]kZumLXraa0U[/YOUTUBE]​

For those who have been with Ring of Honor since near the beginning or when the only way to purchase events was through DVD's and VHS, I nearly cried watching the press conference. The way they hyped it throughout the conference, it's like ROH isn't independant anymore; I know it is, but the new look, the new style, the television deal, the way the executives and wrestlers talked about the product - it's a bigger deal than some people know.

Carey Silkin said it best, a "dream come true." What I love is the way Silkin discussed the way in-which Silkin confirmed, that SBG won't be altering the show in any way, except the production etc, etc.

And then to add to it, Jim Cornette saying that 9.24.11 night is a historic day in professional wrestling, and how he is more enthusiastic than hes ever been; when you take in to context all hes done in the WWE and TNA, it is praise. And then he got over what ROH is about... Creating young guys, new faces, new stars and new people who can redefine what professional wrestling is about. And the best thing Cornette said, was this...

"...we are in the shadow of Madison Square Garden, which we will sell out some day."

I'll allow everyone else to come up with conclusions with your own ears and eyes from actually listening to the press conference. But if you are a fan of ROH, today is the day it hit me how big it is to the promotion.

2.jpg

Also, this is the new logo as positioned behind the podium in the video, and from what I've read the website is getting a complete overhaul also, as well as the ring, production sets, even to seating for events to allow more people in. I like the new logo, its a variation of the old 2002 ROH logo and it looks really formal and sharp.

Great news in total for ROH.

I checked out the press conference and it was great. Now, I'm optimistic when it comes to ROH's future. This is the kind of stuff that I wanted to hear - not having a network completely change the whole product. This conference was a big deal and I'm just more excited than ever about the growth of a fantastic wrestling promotion that DESERVES to be noticed.

The logo looks good. It definitely looks better than their previous, "blocky" logo. The new one looks fresh and it represents ROH well. Can't wait to watch ROH TV on September!..

http://www.sbgi.net/business/television.shtml

Thats the site thats the broadcasting network that will be airing it

I sort of wonder if the greyed out states simply won't have ROH , that would suck

You see how the whole west side of the country has no spots except Vegas? Would lets say California get ROH anyway from having the Vegas channel broadcasted all the way over there?

Or you see how theres no spot on Georgia but there is on FL and Alabama , would those 'stretch' to GA?

What about Alaska & Hawaii? Do they just get totally screwed or would the Vegas one stretch to them to? I don't know

I don't watch ROH. But are those 2 guys in the frozer frame are they in the mainevent?

Indeed. On the left is Davey Richards who's labeled by some as one of the best wrestlers in the world today, and on the right is the current ROH World Heavyweight Champion Eddie Edwards, who is ROH's only Triple Crown Champion, and still very young.

And of course in the middle is Jim Cornette, who is the former manager of guys like Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Yokozuna and so on. Also a former employee of TNA and now Executive Producer of Ring of Honor.

You see how the whole west side of the country has no spots except Vegas? Would lets say California get ROH anyway from having the Vegas channel broadcasted all the way over there?

ROH will be streaming the shows through their official website. Whether you have to pay a small fee for the privlidge or not is yet to be announced.

Indeed. On the left is Davey Richards who's labeled by some as one of the best wrestlers in the world today, and on the right is the current ROH World Heavyweight Champion Eddie Edwards, who is ROH's only Triple Crown Champion, and still very young.

And of course in the middle is Jim Cornette, who is the former manager of guys like Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Yokozuna and so on. Also a former employee of TNA and now Executive Producer of Ring of Honor.

ROH will be streaming the shows through their official website. Whether you have to pay a small fee for the privlidge or not is yet to be announced.

i heard of davey richards. somebody told me he is like the dynamite kid. Don't any roh marks take this the wrong way how tall are they. the don't look taller then 5ft10.

I think it is a good thing that they have a new logo. Looks like a video game logo for like a FPS or horror-quese game.. So, it matches their core audience.

The press conference.. Eh. Pro rasstlin' is fake. As fake as that production is bad. Seriously, looks like it was shot with a home video camera from 10 years ago. And the audio was terrible. Wasn't Sinclair suppose to help them in that department? Neither guy came across as charismatic (which is suppose to sell whatever the press conference is for). Nor did it look like they wanted to be there.

Yea.. Good for ROH and their fans, but the future doesn't look too bright for them. :shrug:

i heard of davey richards. somebody told me he is like the dynamite kid. Don't any roh marks take this the wrong way how tall are they. the don't look taller then 5ft10.

Richards stands at 5"8' while Edwards is 6"0'. Ring of Honor doesn't really have a whole lot of big guys, it's more pure wrestling talent over height and body mass.

And also you're making a correct comparison. Richards does remind a lot of people of a young DK, some have also compared him to Chris Benoit. Just to give a preview of both, here's a video of their last encounter which got a lot of positive reviews...

[YOUTUBE]22oywQexvz4[/YOUTUBE]

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Lol @ 1.50 mark of that video. haven't seen that before. Atleast it seems more wrestling. I thought ROH was basically full of Aerobics wrestling. I don't like that style. I like more of the pure wrestling not gymastics.

might have to check some more of it out.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
Lol @ 1.50 mark of that video. haven't seen that before. Atleast it seems more wrestling. I thought ROH was basically full of Aerobics wrestling. I don't like that style. I like more of the pure wrestling not gymastics.

might have to check some more of it out.

roh has always been about pure wrestling. You may have been thinking of dgusa or something.
Roh is starting to get traction. I heard they got really high ippv buys, atleast for them. They are growing, (slowly but surely).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back