• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rocky's last match?

zhaff2004

Pre-Show Stalwart
"THE ROCK ADMITS WRESTLEMANIA 29 MIGHT BE HIS LAST MATCH"

The Rock spoke to Hot 97's Peter Rosenberg and discussed his upcoming reality series, The Hero. During the interview, The Rock admitted that his match with John Cena at WrestleMania 29 may have been his last.

"Possibly, to be honest with you," Rock replied when asked if his match against John Cena at WrestleMania 29 was his last. "The goal three years ago was I sat down with Vince McMahon and strategized about it, about three WrestleMania's back to back... I committed myself to the company and I was very proud of that moment. It didn't matter if I lost or I did the job, but it was an honor to do the honors. There is no better way to give back... then by doing the honors."

Rock also noted Cena was "hands down" the right guy to lose to.

"People wanted to build me to a certain place, and then do things the right way. And for the business that I love, it was an awesome way, it was the best way to give back. Was it my last match? Possibly. I'm really not too sure, and I wouldn't rule it out."

Rock was also asked if the original plan was to build for a rubber match with Cena at next year's WrestleMania in New Orleans.

"No, not at all," Rock replied, before admitting that there were plans for a match with Brock Lesnar. "The original plan was possibly Brock and myself. That was the next thing that made sense to me because I love Brock, we've been friends for over a decade now and we can have a great athletic match. But then I had torn my two tendons on my pelvis and I had to fly home that day, and we couldn't do what we wanted to do on RAW that day. So... possibly, possibly with Brock down the road."

The Rock also said that he talked to Vince McMahon and Triple H the night of WrestleMania about his injury. He said that he and Vince agreed in the locker room that he wouldn't be at RAW the next day, and that he got a call from one of the writers the next day about issuing a statement on RAW, which he did.

Personally, being a huge Rock fan, it would be great for him to get a farewell match. Hopefully this puts to bed some of those rumours floating around bout rocky walking out

The Rock is 41 years of age. He has made a mark for himself in Hollywood and put over Cena. Given this recent injury, if he wants to call it quits, its not a bad Note to end his career on.

I still want to see Brock Vs. Rock II and Rock Vs. Michaels though.

I am glad this clears everything up. I called all the dirt sheet stuff we heard as bullshit and I am glad we are right. Rock got injured, that is all there is too it. He has said countless times him and Brock are real good friends, I have seen Rock at UFC events backstage with him. So for the dirt sheets to say Rock didnt wanna work with him was blatant lies.

I think Rock is leaving the decision in WWE'S hands. If they can work something out with Brock, then Rock vs Brock will probably main event Wrestlemania 30. I think we could possibly see this as Rocks final ever match, maybe his retirement match.

I am fine with that, this match needs to happen because it is money. Maybe even Rock/Taker.

lets be honest , the rock does not even need to come back he has done it all. Even for brock lesnar, they already had a match and a feud which was awesome. There is noway they can have a better match then the one at summerslam, it was great.

If the rock had 1 last match i would love it to be against HBK, they have never wrestled each other and it could be an awseome build up if done right. Best way for the rock to sign off. if not HBK then simply retire rock.

If what rock says is true then WM29 might have very well been his last match. If so,I am ok with that! The rock has done it all in the business. The Rock was absolutely right,in saying Cena was the right guy to lose too.

But i honestly think he will have his last match at WM30 the night after being inducted into the HOF! As far as who,only two guys i can think of. Brock and Undertaker. Brock and him are really good friends this one we know. They had a hell of a match at Summerslam 2002 I dont really think they could duplicate it again. If the Rock goes against the Undertaker then Taker most certainly goes over in that one. From a business standpoint both matches equal money so really cant go wrong in either direction

The Rock came back when nobody thought he would, and he had one last great run. He got to hold the title again, and then put John Cena over. If that was his last match I would be perfectly ok with it. I like some other have said though would like to see him one more time at Wrestlemania 30, having been inducted into the HOF the night before. I would love to see him go against Brock or even rekindle his feud with HHH. All being said though The Rock really doesn't have anymore to prove in the ring.

The Rock doesn't have anything to prove in the ring but he has a love for the business that's in his blood. I don't think we will see him in the ring anytime soon . Possibly WM 30 as it was rumored he agreed to do that show. At this point in his career he is a box office attraction and he doesn't need to screw that up getting injured in the ring again but I firmly believe with the shape rock is in he could easily wrestle into his early 50's if he doesn't get to carried away in the ring or try and take on a heavy wrestling schedule. Only time will tell but for the next ten years I can easily see the Rock being in ring shape. Look at Flair who wrestled into his mid fifties and that's a no brainer. The Rock is in better shape now than Flair ever was in his whole career. (not knocking Rick , just stating obvious fact) It might take a while but personally I think we are a long ways off from the Rocks last match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back