ROCKAMANIA #3: The Rock should end the streak

Should The Rock end the streak?

• Hell yeah!

• No, Batista should end the streak

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just wanted to put my two cents on this topic. "The streak" has become part of not only WWE history, but WM history. I don't think it should be broken, but if they decide to break it, there are only a few that come to mind. What you have to take into account is everyone who he has faced and defeated in the past WMs. Couple that with what that victory would do to someone's career. A young up and comer doesn't deserve such prestige and it would be overwhelming to be the guy that ended the streak. That's why if it where anyone, it almost has to be Cena. He's been carrying the flag for years now and to me, he's the only one that can handle the win with humility and professionalism.

I just wanted to put my two cents on this topic. "The streak" has become part of not only WWE history, but WM history. I don't think it should be broken, but if they decide to break it, there are only a few that come to mind. What you have to take into account is everyone who he has faced and defeated in the past WMs. Couple that with what that victory would do to someone's career. A young up and comer doesn't deserve such prestige and it would be overwhelming to be the guy that ended the streak. That's why if it where anyone, it almost has to be Cena. He's been carrying the flag for years now and to me, he's the only one that can handle the win with humility and professionalism.

John Cena ending the streak would be the biggest joke in wrestling history.

Cena already did nothing but damage the wrestling business by being the head, the leader of the PG era.

Cena ending the streak? No thanks, I'll pass

The only way the streak should ever be ended is if it serves to elevate somebody to the next level of stardom. Somebody like Reigns or Wyatt would benefit from ending it; The Rock would not.

There's really no rhyme or reason why the Rock should end it. He's a part-time performer at best currently, and outside of a warranted Hall of Fame induction I have no interest in seeing him wrestle anybody at this point, especially not The Undertaker. The only match I could get behind for Rock at this point at Mania would be Brock Lesnar.

If it's not Bray or Reigns ending the streak then there's no point.

It's a ludicrous notion for The Rock, Batista, Cena or Orton to end the streak. It'd result in a huge backlash from fans, other wrestlers, wrestling insiders and damn near everyone else partially because ending the streak is something that won't benefit them to any major degree. Between the four of them, they've won a total of 42 World Championships, they've main evented multiple WrestleMania events, they've each won the Royal Rumble at least once, etc. They've been to the top of the mountain so many times that it could be named after them.

The Rock has been good for business and making money is what any good business is all about. However, it's possible that a lot of fans aren't as excited about The Rock as they once were. Since the post WM Raw last year, the few times his name has been dropped has met with a very mixed reaction. When Hogan dropped his name this past Monday, there was hardly no reaction. Considering the type of response Batista's gotten since his return, it wouldn't surprise me at all if The Rock received a similar welcome if he returned. If he did return, you know he'd be stepping into a prime spot and it's possible that many fans would be resentful because they'd feel the spot should go to someone that's been busting his ass year round. The Rock's a much bigger star than Batista and much more talented overall, but I don't think he'd be as welcomed as he once was.

There's also the strong possibility that The Rock may never wrestle again because the injury he suffered at WrestleMania 29 opened his eyes to what he'd be risking. If he gets hurt again next time around, or gets hurt even worse, it could screw up what's once again become a very lucrative film career. I've read that he makes between $20 and $30 million per film and his movie career has been revitalized over the past several years. If the Hercules movie is a big success this summer, it'll make his film career even bigger and his participation in that movie was at risk for a while after he got hurt. As a result, The Rock may decide that getting in the ring again isn't worth the risk.

If the streak ever comes to an end, in my opinion, it should be ended by someone who'll actually benefit from the rub. The Rock is not someone who'll benefit from it as he's already as big of a star as it's possible to be; he's the ultimate crossover success story in pro wrestling.

With The Rock going into the Hall Of Fame next year, do you think he should put his career on the line against the streak?

No, that's stupid. If The Rock was going to challenge for the streak in his final match like HBK did, that's one thing, but why would they have him end the streak? The Rock will remain over no matter what he does, for the rest of his life. He's that popular. Ending the streak will instantly turn said wrestler into a hated heel forever. Why waste that on someone like The Rock who is already a legend among legends? I've stated before that the streak should never end unless they find someone who is believable in ending it, deserves it, and would be able to handle the tidal wave of fan hatred that it will create. The Rock doesn't need that, while a young heel in the future might, but only if they know it would be worth going through with. It might never end, and surely NOT at The Rock's hands. However, if he challenges the streak and is going to lose in similar fashion to HBK, I'd be fine with that. I rarely am against seeing two legends face each other at Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back