• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ROCKAMANIA #1: Who should retire The Rock?

Who should The Rock end his career with?

• Triple H

• Roman Reigns

• The Undertaker

• Chris Jericho

• Kurt Angle

• Brock Lesnar

• Sting

• Daniel Bryan

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheOneAndOnlyGOAT

Championship Contender
For the next week, I'll be posting each day a new different thread with different topics about arguably the greatest WWE superstar of all time The Rock and probably 2015 HOF inductee.

ROCKAMANIA #1:

Who do you think should The Rock end his career with?

It is definitely between Cena,HHH,Taker,Foley,Austin,Orton and Michaels they the one's who deserve it.

Somebody suggested yesterday a Triple H vs The Rock match with Austin being the guest referee.

That would've been an epic moment.

They should've did the "End of an Era" match ending with those 3 guys.

I don't think HHH is part of HBK-TAKER's era, he's more of an Attitude Era guy.

For the next week, I'll be posting each day a new different thread with different topics about arguably the greatest WWE superstar of all time The Rock and probably 2015 HOF inductee.

..and the wrestler, who 24 hours ago, you started a thread about called "Why ROCKY SUCKS!".

I won't be posting on any more of your Rock threads, I hope others follow my lead.

..and the wrestler, who 24 hours ago, you started a thread about called "Why ROCKY SUCKS!".

I won't be posting on any more of your Rock threads, I hope others follow my lead.

I thought I made it more than clear and explained myself what I meant in this thread.

I might have overreacted but my point was that it's too early Rock to retire but if he does, whatever.

Now if you don't want to say something related to the thread then don't post anything. No reason to "troll".

The only thing The Rock has left to do in Wrestling is defeat Brock Lesnar, he's the "one" guy that he has yet to beat so that makes perfect sense. I went with Brock Lesnar, the rest all would not maker any sense unless Rock wanted to put over his cousin (Roman Reigns) which I could not see Vince letting happen.

So yeah, Brock Lesnar and what better place than WrestleMania 31 on the grand stage in CA?

The only thing The Rock has left to do in Wrestling is defeat Brock Lesnar, he's the "one" guy that he has yet to beat so that makes perfect sense. I went with Brock Lesnar, the rest all would not maker any sense unless Rock wanted to put over his cousin (Roman Reigns) which I could not see Vince letting happen.

So yeah, Brock Lesnar and what better place than WrestleMania 31 on the grand stage in CA?

Well that is your opinion and I respect it.

However IMO I don't think Lesnar is worthy of ending Rock's career.

Rock retired Austin, HBK retired Flair, Taker retired HBK...

Sure Lesnar got a HUGE push in 2002 and pretty much all his career and will probably go down as the greatest athlete in WWE history however where does Brock rank among all time greats? He's not in my top 50.

Rock deserves nothing but retiring with one of the best.

I think HHH would be a good pick considering the epic rivalry they had and HHH's place in wrestling history.

Jericho and Angle would be great choices as well considering the huge mutual respect they have for each other.

Roman Reigns a great option as well however it's too soon.

If you ask me, HHH should retire The Rock without a doubt; if not, then vice versa. These two had one of their first WWE matches against each other (that tag elimination match from Survivor Series 96) and they first got over from their feud with each other for the Intercontinental Title so it's only fitting for one of their careers to end by one of them retiring the other.

Then again, one could argue Roman could work too. Not now, of course, but when he's more of a somewhat established star. The Rock has faced and beaten everyone worth facing already so if he really wanted to put his cousin over, he could take an L against him in a passing the torch kind of way. But I'd rather see Rock have his last match against a legend in the same respects of how Taker retired HBK and how The Rock retired Austin. HHH is the best bet for that.

Yeah, I'm looking towards the future here. Roman Reigns should be the guy to retire The Rock. I could go on about the family heritage, so in that respect, it will be a great personal moment, the styles would match nicely and whatnot, and so on. Here's the thing, to me, when discussing who should retire The Rock, it shouldn't come down to family heritage, personal factors or anything else. It should come down to, firstly, who would be a realistic choice, and secondly, who would it benefit the most. Roman Reigns is that guy. They want him to be the biggest star possible, and that's cool, I'm all for it. Have him retire The Rock. Is that a heel move? Not if you do in fact throw back in the whole family thing. Then it becomes a great moment.

For those saying Triple H, I understand why. The whole history the two have is great, and it makes sense. The same could be said if anyone thought Steve Austin should be the man to retire The Rock. The thing is, these sorts of guys don't need that sort of one-match success. They've done it all, and with Triple H being the likely candidate, all I can say is I would hate it. In the moment, it would be fine, but afterwards, I'd consider it a mistake. I don't think The Rock would want it that way either.

I say Roman Reigns, and I have a feeling The Rock would as well.

Who do you think should The Rock end his career with?

Firstly, Rock has a huge fanbase and I don't want or think he should lose his last match. Last year was just deflating, and not the send off he deserves.

Although you say Brock isn't worthy, he's still a huge name, and he can put on a great match. He's had a great match with Rock in the past, they're friends, and there's arguably no bigger name that The Rock can realistically, have a credible win against, at this time. Something which he has yet to do, with Brock taking the title of "youngest WWE champion" away from The Rock.

Reigns would be fairly interesting if he could keep momentum for another year. However, I think their styles may be too similar, and I think Reigns would win, so I don't think that should be his last match.

Rock vs Y2J could have an awesome promo battle, a great fun match, it's one I would love to see again... and although it wouldn't be a big win for Rock, I would be happy for this to be his last match. Sadly I don't think it's realistic.
But ideally I would like to see Rock wrestle a few times on Raw before his last match, which would mean he could face the likes of Reigns and Jericho then.

Rock and Triple H bring out the best in each other, and it would be very good. But both of them have gotten a lot of heat from "wrestling fans" in the past couple of years so i'm not sure it would be the right move. And I'm not sure HHH would want to lose. Also I think Rocks last match should be a heel vs face, which i'm not sure would be the case with these two... So it would probably be difficult, but I would love to see it one more time.

Rock vs Batista is another match I would like to see but I think would be hard to build a good feud.

Overall I'm leaning towards Brock... I think it's realistic, I think it's easy to build a great feud, and I really want to see it again. It could also be Brock's last match, which would make it even better... But I'm not even convinced it will be Rocks last match next year anyway.

Yeah, I'm looking towards the future here. Roman Reigns should be the guy to retire The Rock. I could go on about the family heritage, so in that respect, it will be a great personal moment, the styles would match nicely and whatnot, and so on. Here's the thing, to me, when discussing who should retire The Rock, it shouldn't come down to family heritage, personal factors or anything else. It should come down to, firstly, who would be a realistic choice, and secondly, who would it benefit the most. Roman Reigns is that guy. They want him to be the biggest star possible, and that's cool, I'm all for it. Have him retire The Rock. Is that a heel move? Not if you do in fact throw back in the whole family thing. Then it becomes a great moment.

For those saying Triple H, I understand why. The whole history the two have is great, and it makes sense. The same could be said if anyone thought Steve Austin should be the man to retire The Rock. The thing is, these sorts of guys don't need that sort of one-match success. They've done it all, and with Triple H being the likely candidate, all I can say is I would hate it. In the moment, it would be fine, but afterwards, I'd consider it a mistake. I don't think The Rock would want it that way either.

I say Roman Reigns, and I have a feeling The Rock would as well.

Honestly, this isn't about "who will benefit the most from it" or about "the future"..

This is about the retirement of arguably the greatest superstar ever.

He needs to end his career with an all time great not Reigns.

Imagine if Reigns ended Rock's career next year then got a career ending injury two months after it.

Maybe Rock goes into the hall of fame next year then comes back for one final match against Reigns four years later.

Thank you for making a thread based on the post that I wrote yesterday. Obviously I feel that Triple H is the ideal guy for The Rock to have his final match against. But the bigger reason is because I believe that BOTH men should retire. I want the match to be billed as their final match regardless of the victor. I want it to have ridiculous spots. Things like a pedigree through an announce table, rock bottom on the ramp, Stone Cold screwing over both men at some point at the end of the match. Stone Cold (along with The Rock) was the man in the Attitude Era and given his past feuds with both of these guys, he really should be involved in The Rock's and Triple H's final match. Also, I think the match should end on a draw.

All signs point to The Rock being completely fine leaving on a loss but I don't think he should have to. Triple H on the other hand, would probably HATE the idea of his final match being a loss to The Rock. So for those two reasons I think they should just put on a long, brutal as hell, spot-filled match, where they're both beaten to hell and cannot go any further. After they both stagger to their feet, they should try to gather themselves. And in that moment, Stone Cold should stun them both, celebrate with the crowd while taking some Steveweisers to the head. The paramedics can come and haul them out on the gurney after all of that. The next night on Raw, Triple H and The Rock meet in the ring for the last time to share a few words of respect, shake hands and maybe a Kliq-like hug, to say goodbye to their wrestling careers and squash their beef once and for all.

Sorry guys. I kinda went on a dream match spree, there. :blush:

Thank you for making a thread based on the post that I wrote yesterday. Obviously I feel that Triple H is the ideal guy for The Rock to have his final match against. But the bigger reason is because I believe that BOTH men should retire. I want the match to be billed as their final match regardless of the victor. I want it to have ridiculous spots. Things like a pedigree through an announce table, rock bottom on the ramp, Stone Cold screwing over both men at some point at the end of the match. Stone Cold (along with The Rock) was the man in the Attitude Era and given his past feuds with both of these guys, he really should be involved in The Rock's and Triple H's final match. Also, I think the match should end on a draw.

All signs point to The Rock being completely fine leaving on a loss but I don't think he should have to. Triple H on the other hand, would probably HATE the idea of his final match being a loss to The Rock. So for those two reasons I think they should just put on a long, brutal as hell, spot-filled match, where they're both beaten to hell and cannot go any further. After they both stagger to their feet, they should try to gather themselves. And in that moment, Stone Cold should stun them both, celebrate with the crowd while taking some Steveweisers to the head. The paramedics can come and haul them out on the gurney after all of that. The next night on Raw, Triple H and The Rock meet in the ring for the last time to share a few words of respect, shake hands and maybe a Kliq-like hug, to say goodbye to their wrestling careers and squash their beef once and for all.

Sorry guys. I kinda went on a dream match spree, there. :blush:

This is terrible. This is how you want The Rock to retire? Being stunned by Austin after a draw with Triple H?

I think the proper way for Rock to retire is for him to be carried through a match by John Cena at consecutive Wrestlemania's, and lose the second to Cena showing that Cena is one of the greatest of all time, and capping off his career at Wrestlemania. Wait that happen, and I hope it's the last match he has.

I think the proper way for Rock to retire is for him to be carried through a match by John Cena at consecutive Wrestlemania's, and lose the second to Cena showing that Cena is one of the greatest of all time, and capping off his career at Wrestlemania. Wait that happen, and I hope it's the last match he has.

No way. Just because you're not a Rock fan doesn't mean he shouldn't come back.

Funny how you say Rock should stay retired yet don't want The Undertaker, who is 7 year older than Rock, to retire.

This is terrible. This is how you want The Rock to retire? Being stunned by Austin after a draw with Triple H?

Oh sure...Disregard the part that I said that he and Triple H would have a long, brutal match where they're both beaten to hell. Their final match isn't about winning or losing. It's ALL about being their final match. If either were to win, it would leave a bad taste in either mouths of The Rock's fans or Triple H himself. That's why I think it's more fitting that if these two men who had a parallel rise to prominence, end their storied rivalry in an epic fashion where neither loses.

Besides, both of these guys have already done their share of losing at Wrestlemania!! It's all about the entertaining match, not who wins. And the third gift would be Stone Cold going out on top in a way. The Rock and Triple H's final wrestling match and feud of their careers end in an unforgettable match with tons of spots against each other. Their past rivalries and importance to the company, make the match far more anticipated and meaningful than The Rock being put over by some up-and-comer or current star.

No way. Just because you're not a Rock fan doesn't mean he shouldn't come back.

Funny how you say Rock should stay retired yet don't want The Undertaker, who is 7 year older than Rock, to retire.

No I want the Taker to retire as well, but even if I didn't I realize that the Rock is making millions and doesn't have to risk his well being if he doesn't want to. I do want Taker to retire, I want him to lose to Daniel Bryan at WM and retire. That's what i've said consistently.

The real reason the Rock shouldn't return isn't about me liking or hating or not caring about him. It's about the fact he's risking his health, and future acting jobs over it. It seems silly to me that you think the Rock should come back no matter what. Even if he doesn't want to.

No I want the Taker to retire as well, but even if I didn't I realize that the Rock is making millions and doesn't have to risk his well being if he doesn't want to. I do want Taker to retire, I want him to lose to Daniel Bryan at WM and retire. That's what i've said consistently.

The real reason the Rock shouldn't return isn't about me liking or hating or not caring about him. It's about the fact he's risking his health, and future acting jobs over it. It seems silly to me that you think the Rock should come back no matter what. Even if he doesn't want to.

The Rock himself said that he'll probably be at WM31.

If you think The Rock's match at WM29 should be his last then you have absolutely no respect for his career / legacy.

The match was extremely predictable. The crowd was dead during the match. The match wasn't great. It ended with a lot of boo's.

That should be Rock's last match? Really?

Let's not forget the fact that people chanted "BS" when his injury was announced on RAW.

Oh sure...Disregard the part that I said that he and Triple H would have a long, brutal match where they're both beaten to hell. Their final match isn't about winning or losing. It's ALL about being their final match. If either were to win, it would leave a bad taste in either mouths of The Rock's fans or Triple H himself. That's why I think it's more fitting that if these two men who had a parallel rise to prominence, end their storied rivalry in an epic fashion where neither loses.

Besides, both of these guys have already done their share of losing at Wrestlemania!! It's all about the entertaining match, not who wins. And the third gift would be Stone Cold going out on top in a way. The Rock and Triple H's final wrestling match and feud of their careers end in an unforgettable match with tons of spots against each other. Their past rivalries and importance to the company, make the match far more anticipated and meaningful than The Rock being put over by some up-and-comer or current star.

Why should Austin go out on top? This isn't about Austin, it's about Rock.

If they did that match then they should have a similar moment to the End of an Era ending. Otherwise, the match would be meaningless.

I'd rather see Reigns beating Rock in rock's final match than hunter.

If Rock faces hunter, Rock wins. Rock never beat Hunter cleanly in their prime, Hunter already beat Rock at WM2000.

Either Rock beats Hunter or loses to Reigns in his final match.

The Rock himself said that he'll probably be at WM31.

If you think The Rock's match at WM29 should be his last then you have absolutely no respect for his career / legacy.

The match was extremely predictable. The crowd was dead during the match. The match wasn't great. It ended with a lot of boo's.

That should be Rock's last match? Really?

Let's not forget the fact that people chanted "BS" when his injury was announced on RAW.

I'll just quote you here

In conclusion:

If Rock retires and goes into the HOF next year that would be the biggest joke ever.

As a guy who attended every wrestlemania the last couple of years, I would be glad to go to the HOF next year and boo the big jabroni.
ROCKY SUCKS!

And I'm the one that doesn't respect his legacy? You just said you'd boo his HOF ceremony but I don't respect his legacy? The Rock had his chance to have great matches with one of the best in the world at doing just that. He had to be carried through two wrestlemania's. I don't want him to be carried through another one. Just my opinion.

Why should Austin go out on top? This isn't about Austin, it's about Rock.

If they did that match then they should have a similar moment to the End of an Era ending. Otherwise, the match would be meaningless.

I'd rather see Reigns beating Rock in rock's final match than hunter.

If Rock faces hunter, Rock wins. Rock never beat Hunter cleanly in their prime, Hunter already beat Rock at WM2000.

Either Rock beats Hunter or loses to Reigns in his final match.

It's about a lot of things. Austin left on a loss (personally I don't care about Stone Cold but I know I'm in the minority there). It's about reviving Triple H's and The Rock's rivalry, it's about their careers coming to an end, it's about the true end of the Attitude Era, and it's about not knowing whom Stone Cold would favor given his kayfabe hatred of both men. DTA (Don't Trust Anyone) is in his character so it only makes sense that he'd not call a completely clean match. The intrigue would be the fact that he actually does for the length of it until the very last moments where neither man can muster any offense. This feud would be about so much more than who wins their final match. Neither one of them have to prove to anyone who's better because they've both proven to be equals.

The Rock's beaten Stone Cold at WM. Triple H has beaten Lesnar at WM. For either of them to end their career as a loss to the other is unnecessary. Here's an opportunity to have a draw where it's really useful and uniquely done. Two of pro wrestling's greatest careers ending in a match where their feud finally comes to a head.

Also you have to look at it realistically. Paul Levesque does NOT want his career to end on a loss. So he probably wouldn't agree to that. Dwayne Johnson probably wouldn't mind as much (if his last two WM losses in 2004 and 2013 are any indication) but given his popularity, he's lost enough and paid his dues jobbing to guys that way. So 2 guys that shouldn't lose that match...And neither has to. It writes itself.

Overall it's about all of those things I mentioned. Reviving the Triple H/Rock feud, ending their careers, putting on a more accurate End of an Era match, and the entertainment of Stone Cold's involvement.

Triple H by far.
Triple H is without a doubt one of Rock's greatest rivals ever and their rises to stardom have been on the same path and they've faced each other from a Mid-Card level to a Main Event level...it's a perfect way to end Rock's career.

With Austin retired already who better to retire Rock than his 2nd best rival?

The Rock is someone whose retirement shouldn't come about as a result of a feud, or stipulated that he'll retire at the end of a scheduled match... The Rock is someone that should come and go whenever he pleases, and not make any formal retirement announcement as such. We know that he is an occasional performer,but we also know that there is always the chance of him coming back and beat some jabronis. That's the way it should be.

why does he need to officially retire anyway he doesn't wrestle, he's already a part timer who's a full time actor, when he gets a Hall Of Fame nod he's done.

I'll just quote you here

And I'm the one that doesn't respect his legacy? You just said you'd boo his HOF ceremony but I don't respect his legacy? The Rock had his chance to have great matches with one of the best in the world at doing just that. He had to be carried through two wrestlemania's. I don't want him to be carried through another one. Just my opinion.

what match were you watching the previous 2 years? Cena didn't carry The Rock they were equally as bad as each other. The Rock clearly wasn't in "wrestling shape" he would be more then physically able to go but to put on a 30min match infront of a countless 10's of thousands of people in attendance when you've only been in ring a few times in 7 years would take a miracle worker. So what was Cena's excuse? he had been wrestling full time for over a decade at that point and still stunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back