• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rock vs Cena - instant to 10 all time match

dtroppe

Getting Noticed By Management
The match has not happened yet but do you think this match will be a top 10 match of all time. I really don't think the in ring work will matter- I think that this is one of the rare wrestling matches that creates buzz and excitement. Passionate wrestling fans and members of the IWC would argue for matches such as Hart Vs Perfect or Macho man vs steamboat as top matches (which they are - and are fun to watch to this day.) But i think people including moderate wrestling fans really get hyped for the clash of Icons. Hogan vs Andre, Warrior vs Hogan, Brock vs Goldberg, Austin vs Rock..etc.. The Rock and Cena are easily the top 2 biggest names and money makers involved in wrestling today, with Austin and Hogan being next behind that. You put any combination of these 4 men in a main event and it will be huge. Do you guys think that all it takes to make a memorable match is two massive stars?

i think it will no doubt be 1 of the best matches ever.. as you say the in ring work wont be to important its the fact its the rock vs cena, something i didnt think id get to see. i love the rock, not to big on cena but you cant deny that cena is the biggest wwe star of present time. it will be a great match, i hope it lives up to the hype

i have no doubt that this match will be awesome! rock and cena are two of the best storytellers on wwe history. sure the lack of a variety of moves may hurt this match a little it wont take way from the ring presence these 2 bring. I want rock to win but cena will probobly go over. i cant wait or the crowd reaction (even if i have to drive 4 hours i still maybe going to wrestlemania 28:p)

I don't think the match itself will be a top 10 of all time. The build-up probably will be. It looks like the Rock is coming back at Survivor Series to get the ball rolling again. With Cena and the Rock being promotional machines, and this being a dream match, come Wrestlemania these two are gonna have a lot of hype to live up to.

If the match can live up to the hype, then yes, it could possibly be top 10. I hope I'm wrong but I think the hype will be too much for any 2 superstars to live up to.

yea i dont see this at all being a top ten match. Only main reason i say is because cena honestly cant wrestle and the only way really is if the rock puts over john cena. I no cena is the biggest star in the wwe now but when maina comes around its going to be about the rock coming back to the ring, not cena unless under the age of 15yrs old honestly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back