Rock Region, Third Round, Dog Collar Match: (4) Kurt Angle vs. (12) Kane

Who Wins This Match?

• Kurt Angle

• Kane

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the Rock Region. It is a Dog Collar match. It will be held at the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida.

300px-American_Airlines_Arena%2C_Miami%2C_FL%2C_jjron_29.03.2012.jpg

Rules: The wrestlers will be bound by the neck with dog collars attached by a ten foot chain. The match is won by pinfall or submission and anything goes.

Kurt_23_532x532_1489399a.jpg

#4. Kurt Angle

Vs.

9de42c4051kane.jpg

#12. Kane

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster. Assume that the wrestlers are coming in fresh after their first round match.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

To everyone thinking "KURT HAS A BROKEN FREAKING NECK! HOW WILL HE SURVIVE A DOG COLLAR MATCH WITH THE MONSTER KANE?!"

He won a Gold Medal with a broken freaking neck, beating the greatest Jobber to the Stars that ever lived will be no problem. Kane, by and large, sucks at gimmick matches he should have a big advantage in. Kurt, by and large, has excelled in gimmick matches he should lose.

Vote Kurt, it's true...it's DAMN true!

To everyone thinking "KURT HAS A BROKEN FREAKING NECK! HOW WILL HE SURVIVE A DOG COLLAR MATCH WITH THE MONSTER KANE?!"

He won a Gold Medal with a broken freaking neck, beating the greatest Jobber to the Stars that ever lived will be no problem. Kane, by and large, sucks at gimmick matches he should have a big advantage in. Kurt, by and large, has excelled in gimmick matches he should lose.

Vote Kurt, it's true...it's DAMN true!

Kane sucks at gimmick matches? He beat the Undertaker in 3 of them back to back with the world title on the line each time. The same world title that Kurt and Undy fought wars over. I think your opinion needs to be reevaluated.

I have to believe that being strapped to a dog collar would limit Kurt's mobility somewhat. It certainly puts him dangerously close to a man that is much bigger and stronger than he is. Kane has victories over Kurt Angle. Maybe not as prolific as the victories that Angle has over Kane, but he has proven capable of beating the man.

If 1997 is Kane's prime, then you're asking Kurt to be strapped to a man that the Undertaker barely defeated. A man that plowed through his opponents with the ferocity of a freight train hitting a small car.

I'm on the fence with this one. I'm leaning Kurt, but I can easily see the arguments for Kane.

as much as I love Kurt this stipulation only hinders him. When against bigger men he relies in his speed and agility until he is given even a small opening.

Against Kane, someone who is a very good brawler not being able to go more than 10 feet would negate the biggest advantage he has. The No DQ aspect helps because Kurt can become a vicious animal when needed but I see Prime Kane destroying Kurt before he can do much of anything.

Like Ech I'm on the fence but unlike him I'm leaning towards Kane

This is a simple enough vote and that vote is for Kurt Angle. Unlike the other matches, I don't think that the stipulation hurts Kurt enough to seriously consider Kane as a legitimate winner. He was a beast back in the day, there is no doubt about it. But Kurt Angle has a seriously vicious side to him too and he wasn't afraid to use it when the time was right. Remember that match against Shane McMahon at the King of the Ring? Yeah...

Kurt was the far superior wrestler and competitor. Kane is a favourite of mine but he doesn't come close to beating Angle here. It'd be destructive but Angle would win.

Boy, this is a toughie for me.

On the one hand, Kurt Angle doesn't get enough credit for how he's almost reached Scott Steiner levels of incomprehensible insanity. The man is fucking insane, and I almost feel bad for Kane for having to endure a match where he'll be tethered to Kurt.

On the other hand, Kane is freakishly strong. Brock Lesnar of all people admitted at one time that Kane was the only person who could beat him in an arm wrestling match, he equated trying to beat Kane in an arm wrestling match is like trying to push a tree over with one arm.

I'm leaning toward Kurt, because he was able to make Kane tap out. Oh it's factual, it's darn factual.

Check this out:

[youtube]RzNKbiRdXtA[/youtube]

Stonecold did interfere, but Kane showed that -- while being of sound mind -- he had a pain threshold when it comes to a submission move. If the dog collar is long enough, Kurt would have enough room to utilize the ankle lock.

Vote Kurt.

I'll go ahead and get behind Kane on this one. Kane's gimmick is to cause torture and pain. Angle is obviously a world class athlete but Kane's career is based off being the more ruthless competitor in any given match. Just think of all the ways Kane would be able to torment Angle with the chain; stepping on it to pull Angel off his feet, choking Angle with it, throwing Angle out of the ring and hanging him with it. Or just wrapping it around his fist busting Angle open.
If this was a normal match then I'd vote for Angle. But this is a clear case of Kane isn't trapped in here with Angle but Angle is trapped with Kane.

Kane sucks at gimmick matches? He beat the Undertaker in 3 of them back to back with the world title on the line each time. The same world title that Kurt and Undy fought wars over. I think your opinion needs to be reevaluated.

I have to believe that being strapped to a dog collar would limit Kurt's mobility somewhat. It certainly puts him dangerously close to a man that is much bigger and stronger than he is. Kane has victories over Kurt Angle. Maybe not as prolific as the victories that Angle has over Kane, but he has proven capable of beating the man.

If 1997 is Kane's prime, then you're asking Kurt to be strapped to a man that the Undertaker barely defeated. A man that plowed through his opponents with the ferocity of a freight train hitting a small car.

I'm on the fence with this one. I'm leaning Kurt, but I can easily see the arguments for Kane.

Great! He beat the other guy who loses Hell in a Cell matches all the time! He's won one Inferno Match (against MVP, who sucks) and that's supposed to be HIS match.

Kane is the greatest random pairing tag partner or all time. But his main role in life after his first year, and weird random little "thank you" spurts, was to lose to the bigger star, which is unquestionably Kurt.

Has Kane ever won a big feud? Like at all in his career? I don't know the answer, but I can't think of such an example. Kane is an incredibly reliable and capable worker, but I don't know. He just didn't win his biggest matches. If Jericho could beat him in a last man standing match and Bray Wyatt could beat him in an inferno match, then Angle could beat him here. Angle wins.

As much as I like Kane, he can't and shouldn't defeat Kurt Angle of all people at any cost. I respect Kane's work as well as his longevity in the business. But Kurt Angle wasn't a flash in the pan either. He had longevity as well with even more time on top. He remained on top while being in TNA as well.

Vote Kurt Angle. or *YOU SUCK*. ;)

as much as I love Kurt this stipulation only hinders him. When against bigger men he relies in his speed and agility until he is given even a small opening.

Against Kane, someone who is a very good brawler not being able to go more than 10 feet would negate the biggest advantage he has. The No DQ aspect helps because Kurt can become a vicious animal when needed but I see Prime Kane destroying Kurt before he can do much of anything.

Like Ech I'm on the fence but unlike him I'm leaning towards Kane

Why the collar is bad for Kane, not Kurt:

Do you want to be tied at the neck to an Olympic gold medalist wrestling machine? You cant run. Kane is not out wrestling Angle & would get tossed around with some sick suplexes.

Now kindly change your vote.

Has Kane ever won a big feud? Like at all in his career? I don't know the answer, but I can't think of such an example. Kane is an incredibly reliable and capable worker, but I don't know. He just didn't win his biggest matches. If Jericho could beat him in a last man standing match and Bray Wyatt could beat him in an inferno match, then Angle could beat him here. Angle wins.

He won the feud with Undertaker during his Thank You World Title run when Taker was going into semi-retirement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back