Rock Region, Las Vegas Subregion, First Round: (4) Kurt Angle vs. (29) Ken Shamrock

Who Wins This Match?

• Kurt Angle

• Ken Shamrock

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Rock Region, Las Vegas Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada.

250px-T-Mobile_Arena_Outside.jpg

Kurt_Angle_bio.png

#4. Kurt Angle

Vs.

884e4ba811kenshamrock.jpg

#29. Ken Shamrock

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Both men have legitimate sporting success away from the wrestling ring. Both men use the Ankle Lock. This is probably where the similarities end. Look, Ken Shamrock had a nice novelty run in WWF, transitioning well from MMA to the squared circle, but he does not match up with Kurt Angle at all. One is essentially a novelty attraction that ended up just being a regular midcard roster member. The other is arguably the best wrestler of the 00's and one of the best in-ring talents ever. Kurt Angle reverses Shamrock's submission and hooks in the grapevine into an Ankle Lock of his own, making Ken tap out.

Kurt Angle is one of the greatest and most complete wrestlers of all time. Ken Shamrock was cool when he first came in and he was legitimately over for a decent stretch of his WWE career, sadly his career was only about two years so that's not saying much... This isn't a squash by any stretch (although the polls will probably say otherwise), but Angle's just too good to lose to Ken Shamrock.

Plus, many have tried to submit Kurt Angle with his own finisher, I don't think anybody has ever succeeded. Angle can find 10 different ways to escape the Ankle Lock. On the other hand, the greatest and toughest of all time have tapped out to Kurt including Stone Cold, Kane, Shawn Michaels, Chris Benoit, Brock Lesnar, and Hulk frickin Hogan. Shamrock gets some offense in, but ends up tapping the mat like everybody else.

Woo.

There's a big reason I campaigned for Kurt last year. He's in a league of his own. If you want a serious Kurt Angle, he can step it up and be a rabid wrestling machine. If you want a not-so-serious Kurt, there are milk trucks, fan chants, and wholesome Olympic Gold Medalist moments that will leave you tapping out.

Ken Shamrock isn't even on Jack Swagger's level. Vote Kurt.

This would be a great match to watch because I'm pretty sure that these two would want to put on the kind of clinic that would remind one of Randy Savage vs Ricky Steamboat.

While Kurt left a lasting memory of nearly getting submitted by Daniel Puder, as a wrestler he's infinitely more talented than Ken Shamrock. Kurt would insist that Ken get a good half of the match to show the world that MMA is a very dangerous fighting posture, and Ken would insist on seeing Kurt win this entire tournament.

Vote Kurt Angle.

If this were a shoot tournament I'd vote Ken Shamrock. In a heartbeat. But since it's not, I gotta go with Kurt Angle. Tremendous performer. A complete natural. That's why the transition from Olympic wrestling to pro wrestling was so smooth for him. Ken had tons of charisma too. And maybe he should have been a world champion. In the current era he most certainly would be. But Kurt worked the exact same decade as Shamrock, fought the exact same competition, and yet found himself with multiple word titles. He had a level of showmanship that Shamrock just didn't have. I think Angle is a tad overrated, and I'll save counterarguments for later, but for now he should coast right on past Ken Shamrock.

Vote Kurt Angle.

Two of my favourites here but the winner in a pro wrestling match is obvious- Kurt Angle.

If this was a real fight id vote Shamrock but in wrestling Angle has Ken beat in every category. In ring work, promo skills, drawing power, titles won- Angle is one of the absolute best to ever get in the squared circle. I hope he wins the whole thing.

So many ankle locks. Shamrock was a great wrestler, and I don't really buy into the idea that he was boring. He made an unhinged character and did well with it. He probably reached the highest height he could though, having been unfortunate to debut in the WWF whilst some of their best ever talent was there. Angle did so too, after they were more established, and did better with it. The cream rises to the top, I guess, Angle wins.

This would have been superb. Shamrock gets shit on for a few reasons, but he was actually pretty good. If he was a new debut now, people would shit themselves over him in NXT.

But... for everything he was, Kurt was better. In every way. You know what to do people. It's true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back