Rock Region, Minneapolis Subregion, First Round: (6) AJ Styles vs. (27) Jerry Lynn

Who Wins This Match?

• AJ Styles

• Jerry Lynn

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Rock Region, Minneapolis Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

Target-Center-Vegetated-Roof.jpg

latest

#6. AJ Styles

Vs.

Jerry-Lynn.jpg

#27. Jerry Lynn

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Give this to AJ. More dominant, widely decorated albeit mostly in a company that squandered its chances, AJ Styles can still do something big in the wrestling industry.

Lynn hasn't and can't.

AJ has beaten Lynn a tonne of times in the past so I so no reason why he'd lose this time.

Also Lynn had a habit of always losing big matches so there's that too

Alex said it, AJ has a favorable record against Lynn, and that is about all that needs said.

Lynn had a solid career all things considered, grabbing a couple World Titles along the way, but AJ has been the top guy everywhere he has gone, and now that he is finally in the WWE, he has the potential to jump up a couple spots in the tournament in the next couple of years and truly become a contender.

AJ wins...I get it. I'm a huge fan of his, and he deserves a deep run. But, let me drop some knowledge on Jerry Lynn, who will get my vote.

The man has had classic matches with anyone he has ever feuded with, and is credited with jumpstarting the careers of guys like Waltman, Van Dam, Styles, and Jeff Hardy (when he was starting as a solo guy). He's a gifted wrestler, and solid worker, and it's a shame he never got his due in a major company, but he'll always be the indy darling. The man had a movie loosely based off his life, and I'd guess that 90% of today's fans don't even know who he is.

Lynn could certainly go & the matches with AJ showed he can hang with the guy, but he still lost. Besides the record, Styles has just done more in his life. For a guy to win all he did, leave TNA & find a different gear like Styles has, it shows how good he is.

Styles gets the vote.

AJ's accomplishments are way above that of Lynn's.

AJ has already defeated Lynn in the past so he ia gonna win it again.

I believe that Lynb is a solid in-ring worker but nowhere near AJ. AJ is an awesome in-ring worker.

So AJ strikes with Phenomenal Forearm followed by a Calf Crusher to go through first round. :evil3:

This is a battle between a guy who was a pretty big deal in a smaller company and a guy who was the biggest wrestler in another smaller company. AJ Styles has consistently delivered well for a very long time and has been, so far, able to make the transition to the WWE environment. It's no sleight on Jerry Lynn, I just think he's outclassed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back