Rock Region, Minneapolis SubRegion, Second Round:(3) Undertaker v. (19) Barry Windham

Undertaker vs Barry Windham

• The Undertaker

• Barry Windham

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
This is a second round match in the Minneapolis SubRegion of The Rock Region. It is a standard one-on-one match. It will take place at the Target Center.

targetcenter.png

tumblr_mitgh0CKtB1rg89a6o1_500.png

(3) "The Phenom" The Undertaker

vs.

(19) Barry Windham

13.jpg

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.​

I'm still slightly in awe that Windham got past Raven, but I think we can pretty much all agree that he rests in peace after this match, right? Undertaker is not going to lose this early, and it should not even be a close vote. I'd say this could even be the lone shutout of this round.

Whether you go by mic skills, in-ring skills, charisma, character, accomplishments...Every single one tips in favor of the Deadman.

I'm still slightly in awe that Windham got past Raven, but I think we can pretty much all agree that he rests in peace after this match, right? Undertaker is not going to lose this early, and it should not even be a close vote. I'd say this could even be the lone shutout of this round.

Whether you go by mic skills, in-ring skills, charisma, character, accomplishments...Every single one tips in favor of the Deadman.

You know if it was Raven I'm sure someone could make a decent case for him to go over Undertaker.

Windham on the other hand I don't think anyone can make a compelling case to go over Undertaker

Windham can't even be assed to button his pants properly, how is he supposed to beat one of the most iconic and unique figures in pro wrestling history? Going Taker here.

Windham is one of the guys who I'm more familiar with his shit gimmicks in WWF than his actual prime in WCW/NWA. He's a solid worker and had a lengthy and successful career, but it pales into insignificance when held against the career of a man like the Undertaker. A consistent and dominating presence for 25 years, in what is quite an anachronistic gimmick, he is an all-time great and should proceed here.

'Taker here.

I'm glad Windham got past Raven, but his journey ends here. No matter what criteria one uses to vote, 'Taker gets the win.

Vote 'Taker.

You know if it was Raven I'm sure someone could make a decent case for him to go over Undertaker.

Windham on the other hand I don't think anyone can make a compelling case to go over Undertaker

Even as a huge Raven fan, I'm not sure there's a compelling argument over Taker, but I'd try to make it lol

I agree on Windham though. He was good enough for what he was asked to do in the NWA, but he couldn't double what he achieved and reach the Undertaker's impact.

The Undertaker took a BS gimmick, and turned it iconic for almost a quarter of a century. I loved Barry Windham when he was in Florida. Even loved it when he turned on Lex Luger and joined the Four Horsemen. However, Barry Windham does not belong in the same sentence as Taker Taker is far better in every sense of the word. Taker belongs in the pantheon of the greats.

Taker wins and Windham shall rest.....in......peeeeace.

The Undertaker took a BS gimmick, and turned it iconic for almost a quarter of a century.

You know, this is a really good point. Windham had the new Blackjacks, and the almighty shit gimmick in The Stalker, and they tanked exactly how you would expect. In the era of the nWo and Austin making wrestling real, Undertaker was at the top of the card doing his promos in Latin, that should show you how talented he really is.

Barry Windham wouldn't vote for Barry Windham here.

Taker wins this match in sixty seconds, just to set him up as an even bigger monster than he already is.

Vote Undertaker or Die.

I voted for Taker and I think it's a no brainer, but I want to take issue with the idea that The Undertaker was a better "in-ring" worker than Barry Windham.

Windham was a GREAT worker. He was absolutely a better worker than Taker. Taker has had legendary matches, but a lot of his career is full of junk matches where he is over solely because of his gimmick. His best matches of all time are definitely better than Windham's, but in terms of body of work, an average Windham match was much better workrate than The Undertaker.

Anyway, none of that is to suggest Windham should even get a sniff of going over here.

I voted for Taker and I think it's a no brainer, but I want to take issue with the idea that The Undertaker was a better "in-ring" worker than Barry Windham.

To clarify, I was talking more about "old school" Taker, where his offense was much more about wearing his opponent down and even included some top rope offense. He's certainly broken down to a point where it's all punches and high spots, and we all hope he doesn't die in the mean time.

Windham would Rest In Peace here, and it wouldn't be close.

He was good, but 'Taker's accomplishments are far, far greater. It'll take someone special to beat The Deadman in this tournament, and Bazza isn't that man.

Last Ride for a pinfall win in 5 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back