Rock Region, Las Vegas Subregion, First Round: (12) Kane vs. (21) Bruiser Brody

Who Wins This Match?

• Kane

• Bruiser Brody

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the Rock Region, Las Vegas Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada.

250px-T-Mobile_Arena_Outside.jpg

9de42c4051kane.jpg

#12. Kane

Vs.

936b7cc89fbruiserbrody.jpg

#21. Bruiser Brody

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

These two are meeting in the first round!? There goes the neighborhood.

I'm going with Kane in this one, because he's proven that he can go longer than most big men and he can take a huge beating and keep coming back for more. Brody's longer matches were against opponents who could barely muster any offense, to my knowledge he never had to endure a match against a challenger as resilient as Kane.

Kane's had his ups and downs, but all in all he's earned our respect. Brody stomped through multiple territories, leaving us confused and annoyed. Kane wouldn't let the match devolve into a contest of who can throw a chair the farthest, and Brody wouldn't be able to bully Kane.

Vote Kane.

Pretty well known fact among the regulars here that Kane is my all time favorite wrestler. That being said I'm not voting for him. Brody was a far more complete wrestler, and was a much bigger deal for a much longer period of time. Kane has two world titles to his name. One was transitional. The other was with the secondary title on the B show. Kane drew some money. Brody drew more. A lot more. Wherever he went. His politicking ended up costing him dearly with the reputation he built, but he was the type of guy that could do that because he was the guy that left the money trail. He was likely the biggest wrestling star not to be working for either WWE or JCP/WCW in the mid 80's.

Take it from a Kane fanboy. Brody wins.

Pretty well known fact among the regulars here that Kane is my all time favorite wrestler. That being said I'm not voting for him. Brody was a far more complete wrestler, and was a much bigger deal for a much longer period of time. Kane has two world titles to his name. One was transitional. The other was with the secondary title on the B show. Kane drew some money. Brody drew more. A lot more. Wherever he went. His politicking ended up costing him dearly with the reputation he built, but he was the type of guy that could do that because he was the guy that left the money trail. He was likely the biggest wrestling star not to be working for either WWE or JCP/WCW in the mid 80's.

Take it from a Kane fanboy. Brody wins.

I'm not a Kane fanboy, but I disagree with you about Brody being a better "all around" wrestler.

Brody ate people up in the ring. Many of his matches are actively bad because he doesn't give any offense and just stomps around like a wildman. His brawling is EXTREMELY overrated because of Meltzer hyping him up.

Kane wins by count-out when Brody refuses to take a pinfall.

Every year I lay into Brody, and I still think much of what I've said in the past stands. he was a wild card and a short term answer for some regional territories. Kane, on the other hand, is an incredibly safe pair of hands and he has shown himself consistently of being able to compete at the highest level. The Undertaker's fire damaged brother is a gimmick that should have run out of mileage at WrestleMania XIV, but it didn't because Kane is so good at what he does.

If Bruiser Brody had one Achilles heel, it was that he could be incredibly unprofessional. Once, he just STOPPED wrestling Lex Luger. When asked if he was OK, he said yes. When asked if Lugar did something wrong. Brody said no. If asked if he was offneded, Brody said no, and then walked out of the match to his car! You cannot make this shit up.

But, wrestling Kane? Brody would kill him. Kane was the epitome of the modern-day era of wrestling: very safe. He would be no match for the strong style of Brody. ANd, promoters would be pushing the bejeezus out of this match.

Brody wins.....if he does not do something stupid first.

Kane and it's not even close. Glenn Jacobs took a gimmick that was equally as silly as any that he had in the past. Let's actually stop for a second and break down what his character actually is. The Kane character is supposed to be the mentally disabled, burned, deformed younger brother to the Undertaker. The illegitimate son of Paul Bearer who burned up in the family's funeral home when a young 'Taker decided to set it a blaze. He was supposed to be a one off villain for 'Taker to face and eventually overcome. That didn't happen, though. Jacobs took this character, after having been an evil dentist, the fake Diesel, and other horrible characters and turned it into one of the main stays of the Attitude Era and beyond. He took this character and turned it into a multiple time World Champion, a ECW Champion, IC Champion, Tag Champion, and so on. He made this character a main event player from the start and has been someone that can be put back into the main event whenever the situation calls for it and it always works. That is who Kane is.

Vote Kane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back