Rob Van Dam's Contract Expires

First off TNA needs to get a handle on these contract situations. If indeed these are accidents then someone needs to do better at their job. Imagine if a pro sports team just forgot to renew their player's contracts. Heads would roll. As far as RVD goes I was a fan of his all through ECW and WWE, but I think his time is basically up. His run as X division champ flopped and I think they could do without paying him.

What would be really cool is if TNA reinvented RVD - made him cut off that stupid pony tail, give him a buzz cut, let him grow a long goatee, make him look bad a** like Jim the Anvil Nighthart, then have him turn on the TNA locker room by joining A&8's.

But the current version of RVD is stale and does nothing for me.

In his entire time at TNA he's wrestled EXACTLY the same match over and over.

2 exceptions, Match against Sabu at Hardcore Justice, and the match against Abyss the next Impact. Other than those 2, RVD does matches by numbers nowadays.

What about the ladder match with Roode at Sacrifice last year? The match with Jerry Lynn at Destination-X 2011? The Full Metal Mayhem with Lynn at BFG 2011?

While this criticism is for the most part fairly accurate, when given the right opponent in the right environment Rob has still managed to put on a few really good matches in his TNA run.

What about the ladder match with Roode at Sacrifice last year? The match with Jerry Lynn at Destination-X 2011? The Full Metal Mayhem with Lynn at BFG 2011?.

Didn't care for the match with Roode, in fact completely forgot that it happened! I'll give you the 2 Lynn matches though, they were top notch bouts.

RVD is a shadow of what he once was. Sure he was great in ECW, but ever since he broke his leg (way back in 1999-I think) he was never the same. He does the same five or six moves every match and has lost most of his speed and agility. I'd say let him go. He didn't do anything for ratings, was a lousy X division champion, is a boring stoner and he couldn't even have a great match with AJ styles! How the heck is that possible?! Seriously the only good match I can remember him having was against Samoa Joe and that was mostly because of Joe. Let RVD go he brings nothing to the table anymore.

Didn't care for the match with Roode, in fact completely forgot that it happened! I'll give you the 2 Lynn matches though, they were top notch bouts.

Yeah, but that was because of Lynn! Even though Jerry is really beat up he can still go with the best of them if need be! Watch what Lynn was doing in TNA in the early part of its inception all the way up to his run in ROH a few years back and compare it to what RVD was doing during his time in WWE and his time in TNA and get back to me on who was/is the better worker. RVD was great at one point, but he hasn't been great in over ten years.

What would be really cool is if TNA reinvented RVD - made him cut off that stupid pony tail, give him a buzz cut, let him grow a long goatee, make him look bad a** like Jim the Anvil Nighthart, then have him turn on the TNA locker room by joining A&8's.

But the current version of RVD is stale and does nothing for me.

If TNA were to rehire the guy this would be the only way that he could maybe become interesting, but since he has no personality and his in ring ability isn't what it was I don't even know if a makeover could make him interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back