• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RIP Bobby The Brain Heenan

I've had his DVD for a while now.

I'm gonna dust that thing off and watch it tomorrow.

RIP to one of if not the best manager to pick up a microphone

I got to meet "him" in Orlando earlier this year. I say "" because I've seen walkers on the Walking Dead who looked more lifelike. This isn't surprising but it's certainly depressing. He's one of the best ever and if there's someone that much better than him, I haven't seen them.

Ever since his documented condition, I knew it was a case of sooner rather than later. Still, extremely sad to see him go. An inspiration to thousands of managers throughout wrestling history and the best of a very strong crowd.

Unfortunately, I started watching wrestling when he had mostly retired. Nonetheless, most of the older matches I have seen since had his wonderful commentary.

RIP Bobby "The Brain" Heenan.

Grew up watching Bobby The Brain Heenan, from his manager days when the crowd would go nuts if he was punched off of the apron to his Heenan family to his hundreds of hilarious quotes as color commentary. IMO he was at his very best next to Gorilla Monsoon, now he will return to glory next to his friend. R.I.P.

So sad to hear this. He was the best manager wrestling ever had and he and Monsoon were my favorite commentary duo by far.

Just the other day I watched the '93 Rumble just for the segment where Bobby unveiled Lex Luger. One of the funniest moments in wrestling history.

RIP Bobby

When I first started watching pro wrestling, he was part of WCW commentary (I started watching during the Hostile Takeover angle), and he was always entertaining to me. I've since watched his past stuff, managing in the WWF and his being on commentary with Monsoon.
He will be missed.

DJ_AbH3WAAAaFwT.jpg:small

My first wrestling memory is Gorilla & Heenan. Learnt to admire the man from all I saw and heard, solid gold he was.

In peace.

This one's a gut punch. Bobby was simply put - the GOAT. No one else compared.

His wit was amazing. Had he never went into wrestling, I have no doubt he could have made it in Hollywood if he chose. And it always, always added to the show. When he made fun of you, he legitimized you. He had this uncanny ability to put his man over, put his man's opponent over, sell the event, put himself over and entertain you all with only a line or two. Pure genius.

Everyone knows him as a manager, or as a heel commentator, and he was those things, and he was great at those things. One other thing he was great at...

he was a great wrestler.

Bobby could bump like few others could bump. He could have taught World Champions a thing or two about how to take a bump. He understood the art of professional wrestling. Make it look real. Make the fans believe. And when you saw the babyface finally get his hands on the Weasel, he made all the fans believe that he was taking the beating of a lifetime. He was brilliant inside the ring, and while everyone talks about how funny he was. What a great manager he was. What a great commentator he was (and he was every single one of those things). I wanted to mention too what a great WRESTLER he was.

RIP Brain, and thank you for all the memories. Thank you for the laughs. Thank you for entertaining me. Thank you.

Now go see Gorilla. He's not kicking you out of the building this time.

This one's a gut punch. Bobby was simply put - the GOAT. No one else compared.

His wit was amazing. Had he never went into wrestling, I have no doubt he could have made it in Hollywood if he chose. And it always, always added to the show. When he made fun of you, he legitimized you. He had this uncanny ability to put his man over, put his man's opponent over, sell the event, put himself over and entertain you all with only a line or two. Pure genius.

Everyone knows him as a manager, or as a heel commentator, and he was those things, and he was great at those things. One other thing he was great at...

he was a great wrestler.

Bobby could bump like few others could bump. He could have taught World Champions a thing or two about how to take a bump. He understood the art of professional wrestling. Make it look real. Make the fans believe. And when you saw the babyface finally get his hands on the Weasel, he made all the fans believe that he was taking the beating of a lifetime. He was brilliant inside the ring, and while everyone talks about how funny he was. What a great manager he was. What a great commentator he was (and he was every single one of those things). I wanted to mention too what a great WRESTLER he was.

RIP Brain, and thank you for all the memories. Thank you for the laughs. Thank you for entertaining me. Thank you.

Now go see Gorilla. He's not kicking you out of the building this time.

Thank you for writing this. Bobby is arguably the greatest all around performer in wrestling. I can't speak on him this well, because he personally affected a portion of someone incredibly close to me and my own life. I hate being so emotional.. I got a text and I was a bit torn. Rest in peace. Thoughts and prayers to Jess <3. No words to do this justice..

'Then to do Prime-Time, All-American, and Wrestling Challenge
and be allowed to express myself and bring comedy
into a business I often thought needed a kick in the pants and couple of smiles'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back