Ring Ka King: TNA Did A Brand Extension

Episode 1

Mahbali Veera could be RKK's Batista if built right. The kid's got a good look and seems to have an audience whose aware of him, and they seem to know it.

Masters is still weak at promos, but his hold could get over crazy if he keeps doing angles like that.

Finally, Brutus Magnus is the future of TNA.

Saw the show.

I didn't like it. Veera is someone who is all intensity and hoo-haa but further from this Ring Ka King, he wouldn't have a big future. Sonjay Dutt impressed me a lot. This obnoxious athletic heel thing is good for me. The fans were cheering for everything and Masters lack of intelligence and presence was evident when he picked up the suitcase and said " 1 of whatever that it". Brilliant. Shocking he got released by WWE.

Saw the show.

I didn't like it. Veera is someone who is all intensity and hoo-haa but further from this Ring Ka King, he wouldn't have a big future.
I think he's probably going to be the homegrown top face. Most of the RKK indian talents are on developmental contracts with TNA/OVW I think, so they've got time to grow and develop. Any idea how old Veera is? Guy's already been more entertaining than Jinder Mahal.

Sonjay Dutt impressed me a lot. This obnoxious athletic heel thing is good for me.
Yeah, Dutt's a real gem for the show, though he seemed a bit too ... weasel-y when interacting with Magnus and Steiner when he really could take a stronger position as a heel for the show.

The fans were cheering for everything and Masters lack of intelligence and presence was evident when he picked up the suitcase and said " 1 of whatever that it". Brilliant. Shocking he got released by WWE.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not. I'm pretty sure he was doing that to be insulting, especially since he said rupees like 2 minutes earlier while cutting the first part of the promo.

I wouldn't call it a Brand Extension in the traditional sense... or maybe I would. TNA definitely made a great move by tapping into the market in India directly, beating out WWE and establishing a great foothold in what is soon to be (or may already be, I don't keep up with those statistics) the world's most populous country. They're putting on a top quality wrestling show for people who would have probably accepted a second rate one, meaning that whoever else comes to India better bring their A game, because TNA will be a tough team to beat.

The question I have is whether or not some of the Indian guys will make the jump to Impact Wrestling? Getting over in India probably won't equate to being over in America, as I reckon few TNA fans will follow Ring Ka King at all, making it sort of like FCW to the WWE, except with higher quality wrestlers and production value. That's why I'm hesitant to call it a "Brand Extension" as much as I would call it a Corporate Extension. Either way, it's definitely a great move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back