• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rick Perry leads the Republican Presidential candidate field

It's fine, if Perry gets the nod, he'll get slaughtered. He only appeals to the right and they are not the majority of the country. It's that silent moderate majority aka regular people that he has to win over and he has no idea nor apparently the want to court the moderates. Just because the hardcore Republicans or hardcore conservatives are in love with him does not mean the rest of the country is.

I remember reading poll results saying that Perry would lose to Obama but a "generic GOP candidate would beat Obama". I can't cite my source, but I remember it being on Yahoo a week or so ago.

It's fine, if Perry gets the nod, he'll get slaughtered. He only appeals to the right and they are not the majority of the country. It's that silent moderate majority aka regular people that he has to win over and he has no idea nor apparently the want to court the moderates. Just because the hardcore Republicans or hardcore conservatives are in love with him does not mean the rest of the country is.

I remember reading poll results saying that Perry would lose to Obama but a "generic GOP candidate would beat Obama". I can't cite my source, but I remember it being on Yahoo a week or so ago.

Democrats are normally pretty much useless whinebags, but at least they're not evil. I don't think I can say the same about Republicans.

Keep in mind, I'm speaking of Republican politicians, not Republican voters.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/12/perry-leads-in-new-poll-unhurt-by-social-security-comments/

I sincerely hope that's because a lot of Democrats posed as Republicans to make Perry the Republican candidate. After all, surely this country isn't stupid enough to hire another idiotic governor from Texas, this worse than the one previous, as President. Right?....Right?
Never take the stupidity of people lightly. I just hope the people won't, but the approval ratings worry me. I can't stand some of the views a few have, like on Min Wage and Social Security.

Democrats are normally pretty much useless whinebags, but at least they're not evil. I don't think I can say the same about Republicans.

Nah, Democrats are evil as well.

The problem with politicians is that they're all lawyers and business men. I mean, seriously... the most corrupt, back stabbing professions people could possibly have in this country are the backgrounds it takes for you to be able to run for office in the United States. Why can't scientist, doctors, police officers, school teachers, etc. be qualified to be in congress or run for president? It just makes absolutely zero sense to me.

Perry gets so many votes because he wants to Christianize this country because it's "the only thing will save it." I'm not going to get into a religious argument here but a lot of people who don't pay attention to politics agree with that and it's an easy appeal to make. Perry prayed for rain to end the wildfires instead of having the regulations in place beforehand. It made future voters love him and the states trees extra crispy, but that's the point right?

And jmt, because they're smart enough to stay out of politics. And because you have to have way too much money to run because money buys politics, not policy or ideas.

He could win. The country's demographics have not changed much over the past 12 years, the presidency comes from who can win states like Florida, Ohio, Penn. and Indiana.

Perry can win these as long as he doesn't go off script. The key to beating him is to get him talking as much as possible. That won't come out in speeches and commercials. It is going to have to come out in debates and interviews (if Perry's team is smart they will stick to Fox News interviews).

There is no silent majority. There are the right and left voters, the silent moderates, and the people who don't know the first thing about politics, don't claim to, and vote anyway.

Secular countries:

Australia, Canada, Sweden etc.

Countries with state Religions:

Iran, Lybia, Greece etc.

Does anyone know which of those have survived the last few years well, and which haven't, because

800px-Tehran_protest_%281%29.jpg

I

800px-Protest_In_Dublin_Gaddafi_Is_A_Murderer.jpg

can't

800px-2010-2011_Greek_protests_collage.png

remember.

Yeah, yeah, communism and whatever refutes that, but I think what we're learning is that a dogmatic set of values, be they religious or not, isn't a good thing to run a country by. America is the biggest power in the world because it ended its policy of isolationism, China is becoming the biggest power in the world because it relaxed its communist ideology.

I'm pretty sure there are that many ******s out there that would make him the man to run against Obama. And I couldn't be happier about it.

I wouldn't say whinebags, but for the most part Democrats are useless in the face of Republican opposition, and they fold like lawn-chairs.

Donald Trump has said that he'll run for President if the Republican's pick the wrong person to represent them. Perry is definitely the wrong person.

Whatever. I'm moving to a progressive European country at the first opportunity, as I imagine most of the intelligent, young people in America will start to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back