Rhode Island Changing It's Name?

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
Apparently, the full legal name of the state is "State Of Rhode Island And Providence Plantations", and they want to drop "And Providence Plantations", so as not to invoke the image of slavery...

Really...I had no idea it was there...When I saw the article, I figured they were going to make a massive move, and people would be pissed they need to update their quarter collection...

Yeah this isn't going to happen most likely. Nobody here gives a fuck, and alot of people actually think it's pretty cool that we're the smallest state but have the biggest state name.

Reppin' for Rhode Island son.

It's going to the public vote in that state.

I hope they keep it

I read the article on Yahoo, and it made it sound like it was going to go through. I don't see what the big deal is. I bet no one outside of that state, and hardcore geography nerds, knew that, and now that people have read the article, I bet no one cares still...

You wouldn't like it if they changed the name of the command centre

Rhode Island is the most underrated state in the nation man, we never get any love and we've got fucking beautiful scenery, celebrity summer homes (Nicolas Cage's kids go to school about 10 minutes away from my house) legendary summer music festivals.

We're very underrated.

Plus Quahog is there, and you guys were first to declare independence if I am right.

Go RHode Island :)

...Quahog doesn't actually exist Lee, lol. It's a fictional town. Seth MacFarlane did graduate from RISD though (Rhode Island School of Design, one of the best art schools in the US).

And yeah we were the first to declare independance. Bob Dylan made musical history at the 1965 Folk Festival in Newport by plugging in an electric guitar and shocking the folk world. What's awesome about that is that they moved the concert spot and built apartments on the land where the festival used to take place, and I grew up partly in one of those apartments. I literally grew up about 20 ft away from where the Electric Dylan Controversy happened, fuckin badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back