• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: Top Matches & Scenarios Being Considered

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Due to all the drama that's gone down in WWE over the past week or so, company officials and WWE creative are working on several potential matches.

According to F4WOnline.com, the first of these matches is Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H. There's said to be heavy talk in adding a stipulation to the match in which Bryan gets a shot at the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at Extreme Rules if he beats Triple H. If Bryan ends up working with Trips, the idea for Sheamus would be to go up against Kane. If this is the direction they go, Cena vs. Wyatt & Orton vs. Batista would still happen. Other options that are being considered include John Cena vs. Triple H, Sheamus vs. Bray Wyatt and Randy Orton vs. Batista vs. Daniel Bryan in a triple threat match for the title.

If Bryan vs. Trips ends with Bryan scoring the win, thereby earning his title opportunity, it MIGHT be enough to temporarily satisfy fans. It's far from a guarantee, however. I think the only way to guarantee that a hostile crowd doesn't hijack the title match at WrestleMania is if Bryan's in it.

Personally, I like the second Option but with a bit of a change.
Have John Cena win the Championship at EC, and have Orton be the one to face HHH at Wrestlemania instead.

Sheamus vs Bray Wyatt is fine by me.

And, as you said, Daniel Bryan not being in the Main Event, means the title match will be hijacked for sure regardless of a stipulation in the HHH vs Bryan showdown.

Bryan vs Triple H is way more logical than CM Punk vs Triple H given everything that has happened since SummerSlam.

The stipulation needs to be there. Fans need to know that Bryan will eventually get the title shot. And I could really see this working. I prefer this than HHH/Punk anyways.

It won't help the Orton/Batista match. That thing is going to be a disaster. Neither really gets a good face reaction from the crowd. It'll be almost heel vs heel and crowd indifference is a dangerous thing as they could just chant "randy savage" or "jerry lawler" throughout the entire thing.

I'd consider not having Orton/Batista go on last. Undertaker/Lesnar or Bryan/HHH would both be better options to close the show. Things can obviously change, but I feel like Orton/Batista is just a huge clusterf*ck waiting to happen.

Whatever changes they make the most important one is to alter the WWE title match, I think they have to add Bryan and in truth it doesn't need to make sense, it's pro wrestling, Shawn Michaels was added to the WWE title match at Mania XX by simply interrupting the contract signing and signing his name on the contract.

I'd keep Cena vs Wyatt unless they want to put Cena with Brock and put Wyuatt against Taker. I'd also have Reigns face Triple H, playing off him getting in Triple H's face last night, might as well give him the same big singles match as Bray is getting and launch both off the Mania pad.

they are seriously keeping Taker/Lesnar?...just book Cena/Taker, keep HHH/Bryan and try to do a Triple Threat Match between Orton/Lesnar/Batista...or at least have Lesnar attack either Christian or Cesaro, replacing one of them in the Chamber, wins the title, faces Batista at Mania, and have Orton face Sheamus...

Cena/Taker, Orton/Sheamus, HHH/Bryan and Batista/Lesnar are better options than what's being rumored...I'd have Bray Wyatt challenge Big E Langston for the IC title instead of facing Cena...

Usually, I'm against triple threat matches, but I'm all for Bryan VS Orton VS Batista. Orton is a heel, and with the way things are right now, Batista is public enemy #1 in the eyes of the fans. The mindset amongst most fans now is he's the guy who screwed Bryan AND Punk out of more high profiled matches at Mania. And with this whole Punk situation going on now, Dave is going to walk into a shit storm of hate in every arena on the road to Mania.

With Orton VS Batista, it's a forgone conclusion Batista walks away with the title, because I don't see the point in building up his return with a Rumble win to lose at Mania. Throwing Bryan into the mix kills a lot of the predictability for Batista winning.

But if it happens, I have no problems with Bryan VS Triple H. Triple H is no scrub for an opponent, and there's more than enough history to build on for a match between these two, because HHH is the main reason why Bryan isn't WWE Champion.

Taker VS Lesnar looks like a more realistic option as time passes. You can tell WWE is stalling with Brock in the title picture, and it feels like they're killing time until Taker's return, and Brock's not in the EC match.

I'm looking forward to the promo duels between Cena and Wyatt, but I'm still having some trouble warming up to the idea of the actual match between these two at Mania.

Shemaus vs Kane is not a Wrestlemania level match. With Punk gone, more than likely not coming back, it only shakes up the match with HHH he had planned. And with HHH not being active anymore on a full or even part time basis, they could just scrap his involvement. But he will want the payday, so having Triple H vs Daniel Bryan is a MUST, based on the past booking since SAugust 2013 and Summerslam where Triple H started his campaogn of burying Bryan. Orton vs Batista, let them book that shit and watch the crowd dump all over it. Brock vs Taker, will be ugly and shit, Taker wont lose, so we get two supposed headline matches where Batista stumbles through against Ortno and Lesnar taking it soft and not going like he should be booked agaisnmt a broken down guy who will win. So two of the 3 main matches will be shit wuith current plans in place.

After CM Punk left, I was thinking of that triple threat scenario. Basically have Daniel Bryan win against Orton in EC, but on the same night, have Batista come back and Batista bomb DB in the middle of the ring. Orton, still hobbling, use his rematch clauses like MITB to RKO DB to regain his championship. Therefore, setting up triple threat match for Mania.

I would still like to see Cena vs Wyatts and Undertaker vs Brock lesnar.

The one thing I would like to add would be

Have the Shield vs. Triple H, Sheamus, and whoever third person would be. (This would make a compelling storyline if you give some thoughts.

I don't think Bryan vs HHH with a title shot at ER on the line does it. The fans want Bryan in a high profile match. Bryan vs Undertaker (with the same ER stipulation on it) will.

Beating the Undertaker at Mania is a bigger deal than winning the WWE title at Mania. The fans will accept that. Plus the stipulation of Bryan needing to beat Undertaker to get the shot will get even the most skeptical of fans to believe this is the year Taker goes down (and I'd book him to put Bryan over).

We will read a ton of reports. Ultimately, these reports are some average guy like you and me sitting at their computer making predictions. I honestly don't believe any of these hacks who are an embarrassment to journalism ever even leave their house or have legitimate sources. They just make up shit loosely based on the IWCs perception of things "ZOMG, ZIGGLER IN VINSEZ DOGGY HOUS" and push it as news. They're lucky 99.999% of the population doesn't want to be pro wrestling journalists or they'd be flipping burgers somewhere. Which may very well be their second job.

Due to all the drama that's gone down in WWE over the past week or so, company officials and WWE creative are working on several potential matches.

Good to read that.....but a little scary, no?

Hell, it's already February. By now, it seems to me that most of the top matches should be engraved in stone and the storylines humming.

Even before Punk's (apparent) defection, we've been debating some exciting possibilities and scenarios, but that's because WWE hasn't made the matches yet.....or at least hasn't announced them.

As for Punk, I keep thinking if it's late March and there's one top-of-the-line superstar with no certain match set for WM30, we'll wind up with Punk showing up at the event after being absent for two months beforehand to fight him. Do I really think that will happen?...........No, but it wouldn't shock me if it did.

Meanwhile, they'd better get going building these matches.....and there's a hell of a lot of work to do. I just will not believe the company is going to let an event like this fall flat because they didn't allow enough time to build the show properly.

I mean, the Royal Rumble came through with flying colors, right?

Oh, wait.......

If Punk has truly left then that has created a slight problem. Bryan simply moving up would help rectify this. Bryan vs Triple H has had months of build-up and having their match at WM would make perfect sense. Bryan isn't going to be in the WWE WHC title match so this is the next best thing.

I reckon Batista has been guaranteed the title and a long run. That is a problem for the WWE meaning they can't having Bryan win at Mania or the month after because Batista would be in a major huff. The fact he is in a fairly big movie means he is important.

If Punk leaving has fucked everything up then they could use Sting (if he signs). Replace one big star with another. The network is launching Sting and there is still 2 months to Mania - plenty of time to build a match.

If the original plan was: Cena/Wyatt, Taker/Lesnar, Batista/Orton, HHH/Punk and Bryan/Sheamus then they could easily swap Sting with Punk or even move some people around. I'd be interested in a HHH vs Sting feud, although he has just been battling The Authority elsewhere. Ideally, I reckon they could pair Sting with Taker; have Lesnar face Sheamus and then Bryan and Triple H have a match. It means all the top stars are in big matches and the absence of Punk isn't to major.

I still think it's a work but I there is the possibility it isn't and/or he is hurt, thus needing time off. If Punk comes back, fantastic. If not then they should try and get Sting in as soon as possible.

If they don't put Bryan in the championship match, they're screwed. Crowd would be behind Bryan regardless.

I am tired of repeating myself, but for god sakes, why can't WWE have Lesnar attack Christian before the Chamber Match, insert himself in it, win the title, and goes on to defend it against Batista (Rumble Winner) AND Orton (rematch clause) in a Triple Threat Match at WrestleMania and build it up as "The Beast" vs. "The Animal" vs. "The Apex Predator/Viper"...then as for the rest of the card, pull the trigger and do Cena/Taker instead of Bray Wyatt vs Cena...and do Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan and we got 3 amazing main events for WM 30...

I even better like Lesnar coming INTO the Chamber when it's only maybe Cena, or maybe Christian, or even Caesaro and Orton left, and squashing them both, double 10 count. That sets up a feud for Orton/Lesnar and Batista gets his shot, and I love Cena/Taker, cause who knows would win that one, and I'll take Bryan/HHH. And I don't even mind Bryan going over, but it would have to be a screwjob ending, probably with Kane switching alliances or something.

Interesting idea! That will really shoot Daniel Bryan over moon. However they better don't open up this idea & keep it as surprise element.

May be the Bryan-Triple H match is with stipulation that if Bryan wins he gets a title shot (hope they don't mention when and where). WWE deliberately keep this match before the main-event and let Bryan win it and Bryan decides to cash in his title shot on the same night.

As for Punk fiasco is concerned, if anyone could recall the Kane-Punk segment before Royal Rumble "You will be main-event at WrestleMania" makes me wonder is this really some work as by that time Punk would have been aware of Batista gonna win the Royal Rumble. He could have left before Royal Rumble itself keeping WWE in shit then.

Anyway, IMO the only people who are aware of this complete situation at this moment is Vince McMahon and CM Punk himself.

they are seriously keeping Taker/Lesnar?...just book Cena/Taker, keep HHH/Bryan and try to do a Triple Threat Match between Orton/Lesnar/Batista...or at least have Lesnar attack either Christian or Cesaro, replacing one of them in the Chamber, wins the title, faces Batista at Mania, and have Orton face Sheamus...

Cena/Taker, Orton/Sheamus, HHH/Bryan and Batista/Lesnar are better options than what's being rumored...I'd have Bray Wyatt challenge Big E Langston for the IC title instead of facing Cena...

Those matches suck, sorry but it's true, I'd honestly choose not to watch Wrestlemania if this were the card.

Cena/Taker... I wouldn't be too pleased with this, but I also wouldn't mind that much, John Cena Vs Taker will probably happen at some point down the line anyways, but I swear if Cena wins I'll just lose all interest in WWE.

Orton/Sheamus would make absolutely no sense... I mean what is there to point to this? Nothing.

HHH/Bryan is the only match I agree with, and only if the stipulation was Bryan getting a shot for winning, otherwise add him to the title match.

Batista/Lesnar is the main reason I signed up here to reply to. That's the worst match I've heard of given the current situation, Lesnar being a part-timer and only just returning and Batista only just returning. Brock shouldn't even gain the opportunity and Batista should have been made to wait, I could honestly think of a whole list of people that would better suit Batista in the title match.

I'm a pretty casual fan, but my WM 30 card would something like this right now:

Orton/Batista/Bryan - HW championship
Bray Wyatt/Undertaker
Lesnar/Sheamus
Cena/HHH - no DQ
Usos/Real Americans - tag championship
Big. E vs. Roman Reigns -IC championship

I feel like it's hard to build a 'big' show with the current roster.

^that card fucking sucks...Cena/HHH? why? Taker/Wyatt? after having classic matches against HBK, HHH and Punk, he goes and faces Wyatt? no thanks!

Lesnar/Sheamus? ha, don't make me laugh...

I say Cena/Taker, HHH/Bryan and Orton/Batista/Lesnar should be the main matches at WM 30

PWInsider.com is reporting that plans continue to change almost daily for WrestleMania XXX. Regarding the Brock Lesnar vs. Batista interaction a few weeks ago, sources are saying that it was used to potentially build something for later this year and not necessarily for New Orleans in April.

As for Daniel Bryan, it looks like Daniel Bryan vs. Kane could be a short feud that leads to Daniel Bryan facing Triple H at WrestleMania, as previously mentioned. Nobody within WWE expect Daniel Bryan to go over Triple H at WrestleMania XXX.

While there have been numerous reports, there is said to be more stability in regards to plans recently and that not much will change over the next month.

Umm what? I know the WWE has been brewing a big payoff, but wouldn't you want that payoff to be at Wrestlemania? Unless this report is absolutely bogus, HHH or Bryan gain nothing by Trips winning.

Of course this could all be BS, but I don't like this at all.

If the card was down to me, at this moment in time, it would probably be something along of these lines:

WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Randy Orton (c) vs Batista vs Daniel Bryan
Daniel Bryan vs Triple H - If Bryan wins, he gets entered into the Main Event, yet if he loses, he never challenges for the title again.
Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker - Heyman trying to get one of his clients to end the streak, couldn't do it last year with Punk, wants to do it with Lesnar etc... story writes itself.
John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
Roman Reigns vs Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins
Antonio Cesaro w/ Hulk Hogan vs Jack Swagger w/ Zeb Colter - Battle to determine the "Real" American
Cody Rhodes vs Goldust
Tag Team Championships - The New Age Outlaws (c) vs The Uso's
Intercontinental Championship - Big E Langston (c) vs Dolph Ziggler

if the reports are real and WWE signs Sting then they should do Orton vs. Sting (Legend Killer vs. Legend or WWE legend vs. WCW legend),Lesnar vs. Batista (Beast vs. Animal) for the title,Cena vs. Taker,HHH vs. Bryan some will ask how does Lesnar get the title,Orton vs. Sting??? you could have Bryan win at EC,But have Stephanie come out and say this title match isn't over did you forget your other opponent out comes Lesnar.Lesnar wins
Raw: Bryan comes out involking his rematch clause for Wrestlemania but HHH tells him no sorry Bryan snaps and beats him up Lesnar tries to get involved Batista makes the save.Bryan and Batista stand tall.The next week HHH goes to make an announcement but Bryan tells him that he won't rest into he get a match with him Sting interrupts and gets rkoed to end Raw.The next week Bryan claims higher power granted him his match with HHH.Mr.Mcmahon comes out saying that power is me and if Bryan wins he gets his title rematch attention ER but if HHH wins Bryan will be fired and he will step down.

"I don't think Bryan vs HHH with a title shot at ER on the line does it"

then I'll piggy back off TJ-BITW's idea and have the stipulation be Bryan has to win in order to get a title shot ... a loss and Bryan cannot fight for the title at all the rest of 2014

that'd certainly give his Mania match vs Triple H a bit more to look forward to. As for the match, Bryan would beat HHH, then cash in later that night to make the main event a Triple Threat

regarding the rest of the card

Cena vs Bray Wyatt - with the Wyatt's costing Cena the title @ Rumble, the same could happen at Elimination Chamber, making a WM match between the two very likely

Lesnar vs Taker - as said earlier Paul heyman had a crack @ Taker last year via CM Punk, I could see Heyman wanting his client Brock Lesnar back in vs Taker.

The Shield going 1 on 1 on 1 vs one another has certainly been speculated a lot, provided The Wyatt's beat them @ Elimination Chamber that will put the wheels into motion

and Cody Rhodes vs Goldust - they've traded eliminating one another in back to back Royal Rumble's, now no longer tag Champs, curious what'll build up to their match

I am tired of repeating myself, but for god sakes, why can't WWE have Lesnar attack Christian before the Chamber Match, insert himself in it, win the title, and goes on to defend it against Batista (Rumble Winner) AND Orton (rematch clause) in a Triple Threat Match at WrestleMania and build it up as "The Beast" vs. "The Animal" vs. "The Apex Predator/Viper"...then as for the rest of the card, pull the trigger and do Cena/Taker instead of Bray Wyatt vs Cena...and do Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan and we got 3 amazing main events for WM 30...

I think that is exactly what they are doing, Cena, Bryan and Cesaro have beaten Orton on Raw/Smackdown, Christian is the only guy to have been beaten. Surely Sheamus will probably beat Orton on Raw next week, and Lesnar takes out Christian for being in the match, goes on to win the belt in Minneapolis. I completely expect this to happen and WWE have Brock Lesnar vs Batista at Wrestlemania

I think that is exactly what they are doing, Cena, Bryan and Cesaro have beaten Orton on Raw/Smackdown, Christian is the only guy to have been beaten. Surely Sheamus will probably beat Orton on Raw next week, and Lesnar takes out Christian for being in the match, goes on to win the belt in Minneapolis. I completely expect this to happen and WWE have Brock Lesnar vs Batista at Wrestlemania

I really hope so. Despite Christian being a late bloomer as a main eventer, he's wasting a spot in the EC match.

It's just weird to me how they can just write out Brock out like he never attacked the Rhodes Bros on 1/27, Henry returning this past week on RAW without mention of Lesnar (even had Henry's elbow looking like he's selling the injury), they must have to have something big in store for Brock. I'm just hoping it's not him facing Taker.

I'd take Lesnar (c) vs. Batista and Bryan vs. heel Taker at Wrestlemania

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back