• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: TNA Planning Several Talent Cuts in Near Future

Lets see who TNA can obviously get rid of right off the bat.

Brother Devon- Devon is taking up space at this point. He is more irrelevant then Tommy Dreamer. Bully Ray to my surprise actually broke out as a top heel, but there is nothing left for Devon without Bubba Ray.

Robbie E and Cookie
- This whole gimmick needs to go away. Maybe they can find a new gimmick for these two, but they really haven't done much to make anyone care for either of them. When Jersey Shore is just a fad it is hard to take their act seriously to begin with.

Ink Inc.- What happened to these two? Weren't they supposed to be the next top heel tag team? Unless TNA is doing something with them, they are easily expendable.

Rob Terry-
This guy has been useless since day one. No matter what TNA did with him as a face or a heel, this guy has played second fiddle to other monsters like Matt Morgan and Abyss. He can't be a monster if he constantly loses.

Gunner & Murphy- Gunner might have a chance, but Murphy is a no brainer. If Gunner is going to be a comedy jobber to Eric Young then get rid of him. Murphy hasn't accomplished zilch since his run either.

Mexican America- Get rid of this whole stable and the wrestlers in it. It seems that Hernandez can't have a match with anyone with injuring them. The group is a poor replacement of LAX. Sarita and Rosita are two knockouts that are of no use. Get rid of the Knockouts tag team titles while you are at it.

Eric Young and Orlando Jordan- TNA loves their comedy with EY, but the majority of Impact Wrestling is filled with comedy so there is no need for multiple Eric Young bits.

The Pope- Here is a guy that started out great but is now more overrated then anyone. The Pope is a character that caught on in the Impact Zone but never caught on anywhere else. He was given the chance to be a main eventer and that was a failure. Pope just doesn't have it anymore.

The X Division- I'm tired of the whole division at this point. Unless there is going to be a miracle savior then get rid of the whole division that includes Amazing Red, Generation Me, and Brian Kendrick. I was a huge fan of Kendrick until TNA created him into an annoying calmer version of Eric Young. There is no use to even save this division at this point.

That is the majority of wrestlers they could do without. At least half of them. Foley, Dreamer, Kiyoshi, and Suicide are gone already. I doubt we will see Steiner stay that long either. The main thing they need to cut or change is management. Creative is more to blame for TNA's lack of future success they anything.

I disagree on a couple of people being mentioned here. Mainly because I do think if creative/bookers of TNA could hide the weaknesses and showcase their strengths they could mean big money for TNA. I wont get inot the Joe debate but I'll use another example.. Rob Terry.

This guy is very impressive looking. Yes he is very very green and moves like a slug in the ring, but think about how different Immortal could have been if Hogan instead of getting behind Abyss-a-maina worked with Rob.

First of all Rob Terry is not an intimidating name. I would change his name and then much like how Hogan/Goldberg wrestled in the 90s just dominated people with power used a unique finisher and got him straight off tv. The man had a strong run with the Global title and I think he absolutely suck in the ring, BUT he just screams money. TNA is a business and having Terry as a Batista type guy on your roster could bring in some ratings. His size gives off credibility which the smaller guys on TNA's roster don't. So personally I would just try and give Terry quicker matches, maybe a name/gimmick change and he could be very useful to the company.

Amazing Red is a bit of a staple for TNA. I say give him some exciting matches with Kendrick and Kazarian and have him feud over the X Titlte. He ma not have mic skills but he could be TNA's answer to Rey Mysterio.. hell Mysterio stole one of Rey's moves and called it the West Coast Pop...

As for guys I would release:

yes I agree with Devon for reasons already stated.

Anarquia doesn't sem to have any redeeming qualities.

Orlando Jordan needs more ring time or just release him.

Yep the Ink Inc boys need to go, they are an eye sore. Neal can't wrestle and Shannon Moore can't hide behind Jeff Hardy anymore.

Matt Hardy is really horrible. He is stuck in the early 90s with his look and really doesn't bring any name value as the Hardy Boyz = Jeff Hardy. Matt on his own is terrible.

Robbie E is someone with a horrible gimmick but I haven't seen enough of him in the ring to cast him aside just yet. He might actually be a great wrestler, but his gimmick has brought him down. I would get rid of him but he could possibly have some great in ring stuff in him for the company, who knows...

I thought Murphy was cut a few weeks ago? It appears Dreamer is gone now too. It pains me to almost agree with Samoa Joe, not as much because of the reasons listed, but mostly because I am all about getting rid of any malcontents. While Joe hasn't been one lately I can't imagine he is thrilled about how he is being used even though he is being used that way for several legit reasons including his attitude. The sad thing is Joe still moves about as good as he ever did, he just looks bad while doing so because he isn't in as good of shape.

My picks: Devon, Hernandez, maybe Anarquia and anyone that thinks they are bigger/more important than the company. I would like to see Sting retire sooner than later.

Please he is so overrated and a shell of his former self its sad. All he does is come to the ring trying to look mean and intimidating which he's not, he gets in the ring makes the same dumb mean face at the camera he had on the way to the ring does his couple of moves, which he does halfassed and doesn't sell anybody elses stuff, then make some more mean faces and leaves. So to me it's no big loss if they would cut him, he is not an interesting wrestler to watch or get behind.

Is it not strange that despite your belief that Joe isn't much in the ring nowadays, he still managed to squeeze the best match of Lockdown out of The Pope? It either means that you're wrong, or that Lockdown was so awful that a "overrated wrestler" who is a "shell of their former self" could put on the best match.

To me he has no passion and thats not TNAs fault, no matter what type of fued a wrestling company puts you in it's your job as a performer to get the most out of that fued and make it worth watching, he just doesn't put forth the effort need to make any fued interesting, thats on him. IMO

I don't see it that way. I actually think that he's making the best of what he's got. And what "he's got" is normally a badly built feud with people who just aren't on his level. He comes out, he has squash matches and does run-ins like he's told to do. But when he has proper matches, he delivers. This is basically the definition of making the best of what he's got as it is TNA's responsibility to make his angles interesting.

Is it not strange that despite your belief that Joe isn't much in the ring nowadays, he still managed to squeeze the best match of Lockdown out of The Pope? It either means that you're wrong, or that Lockdown was so awful that a "overrated wrestler" who is a "shell of their former self" could put on the best match.

First off there was nothing special about lockdown, It wasn't great and it wasn't bad, it was just meh.

Personaly I thought the Pope is the one that made that match watchable as he did all the work, why Joe would no sell most of the stuff Pope did, hell he jumped right up after a one count when Pope did an elbowdrop from the top rope like nothing had happend. How many people do that? None! I just dont like him and think his in ring work sucks and he is shit on the mic, no personality and the emotions he does show are over dramatic, all he is good at is trying to look mean and it doesn't come off believable IMO.

We can have this debate all day you'll have your opinions and I'll have mine but you wont be able to convince me that "right now" he is worth keeping, and as you say it's TNAs fault that he is not being used right( I'll give you that ) then it would bennefit Joe and be better for both parties to split and he should go back to ROH and find that passion again.

All you have to do is look at Joe's current program with Crimson. A few weeks ago, Crimson went to do a simple suplex. Joe deadweighted and no sold Crimson. Hes done it more than once to him.

Its not TNA's fault at all. Joe has been given two fueds now that have had decent mid card coverage. He was rubbish in both of them. He was sidelined for a while (for whatever reason) when you come back from that, you put your best foot forward, show management why they need you. What does Joe do? Slacks off and no sells moves?

Im a huge fan of Joe, I love seeing him at his best, but at the moment hes just a shell of his former self and he needs a good kick in the arse.

It's going to be difficult, keeping this inside the bubble of "realism." Personally, I want a complete overhaul within the creative department, with the wrestlers not being my problem. However, I'll do my best to stick to the guidelines.

Taz
Not digging the commentary, and seeing we hear more from those guys than anyone else, it's important. In my view, Taz has never been any good in this role. Not sure why he was doing the job with WWE, and I really have no clue what TNA saw in him. Better than Don West, no question, but not good. Plenty of guys out there who can do what Taz does much better than Taz.

Brother Devon
Let's be clear -- I wouldn't fire the guy. Give him a role backstage, as an agent, handler, whatever. He's the kind of guy you don't just fire. But, his wrestling days are over. He's only 38 years old, but you could have told me he was 50, and I would have believed you. Just doesn't have it anymore, and now that he's no longer runnin' with Bubba, what's the point?

Hernandez
I don't mind the Mexican America stable, but I don't think it's necessary either. Hernandez stinks, in my opinion. He can't talk, can barely wrestle, and he's no spring chicken. I'd rather watch several guys who aren't making television tapings.

Gunner AND Murphy
Yep, both of them. I don't care if Gunner is feuding with EY or not. He isn't good, at anything. I don't see the appeal, and he dropped from the face of the wrestling world tomorrow, I doubt anyone would notice. And if no one cares about Gunner, they sure as shit aren't going to care about Murphy.

Matt Hardy
Adds absolutely nothing to the show. Sorry, but he doesn't. Doesn't have great matches, can't talk, his character sucks, and his brother is nothing but trouble. Matt seems to be more trouble than he's worth, and no, he isn't worth much. I don't see how he helps TNA, I really don't. I would can him first thing tomorrow, honestly.

Orlando Jordan
I didn't see anything in the guy to start with, so this is an easy one for me. Not only is he not very good, he's a total joke. TNA has made a complete mockery of his sexual orientation, and now he's worth less than he's ever been worth. Do him a favor, and cut ties.

To be totally honest, I'm not sure if TNA needs to cut anyone. They put on house shows, and all of these guys seem willing to work that sort of schedule. If they're not, fine, can 'em.

I would love to see Hogan and Bischoff take a hike, just to be clear :)

Lets face it, it will be mainly old TNA Originals that will get the cut and Hogan will then bring in other old WWE guys to take their place

It's going to be difficult, keeping this inside the bubble of "realism." Personally, I want a complete overhaul within the creative department, with the wrestlers not being my problem. However, I'll do my best to stick to the guidelines.

Taz
Not digging the commentary, and seeing we hear more from those guys than anyone else, it's important. In my view, Taz has never been any good in this role. Not sure why he was doing the job with WWE, and I really have no clue what TNA saw in him. Better than Don West, no question, but not good. Plenty of guys out there who can do what Taz does much better than Taz.

Really? Name 5 people that are willing to sign with a major promotion to do commentary? And also be a talent scout at the sametime doing backstage roles.

Brother Devon
Let's be clear -- I wouldn't fire the guy. Give him a role backstage, as an agent, handler, whatever. He's the kind of guy you don't just fire. But, his wrestling days are over. He's only 38 years old, but you could have told me he was 50, and I would have believed you. Just doesn't have it anymore, and now that he's no longer runnin' with Bubba, what's the point?
I agree with this.

Hernandez
I don't mind the Mexican America stable, but I don't think it's necessary either. Hernandez stinks, in my opinion. He can't talk, can barely wrestle, and he's no spring chicken. I'd rather watch several guys who aren't making television tapings.

So, It's not necessary to have a Mexican audience and have wrestlers who will idenity with them? Just like Mysterio, Del Rio and Sin Cara?

You do realize TNA airs in MTV3s and Mexico right?
Gunner AND Murphy
Yep, both of them. I don't care if Gunner is feuding with EY or not. He isn't good, at anything. I don't see the appeal, and he dropped from the face of the wrestling world tomorrow, I doubt anyone would notice. And if no one cares about Gunner, they sure as shit aren't going to care about Murphy.
Gunner is one of the most talented underrated guys TNA has and they are looking to push him. His appeal is because he comes off as a crazy guy like Edge used to be before he was watered down for Cena.

Matt Hardy
Adds absolutely nothing to the show. Sorry, but he doesn't. Doesn't have great matches, can't talk, his character sucks, and his brother is nothing but trouble. Matt seems to be more trouble than he's worth, and no, he isn't worth much. I don't see how he helps TNA, I really don't. I would can him first thing tomorrow, honestly.

Yeah, way to go. We don't know what he adds. You don't fire someone based off of that. You scout him, figure it out, ask around, see if he is a positive influence and make a decision from there. Come on, way to be "Realistic"

Orlando Jordan
I didn't see anything in the guy to start with, so this is an easy one for me. Not only is he not very good, he's a total joke. TNA has made a complete mockery of his sexual orientation, and now he's worth less than he's ever been worth. Do him a favor, and cut ties.
Lol I'm sure TNA didn't force him into the storyline and he actually wanted his sexual orientation to be done in WWE the exact same way and they didn't want to do it and he was fired because of that.

To be totally honest, I'm not sure if TNA needs to cut anyone. They put on house shows, and all of these guys seem willing to work that sort of schedule. If they're not, fine, can 'em.

I would love to see Hogan and Bischoff take a hike, just to be clear :)

Of course you would. All IWC marks would fire a guy who is a pop culture icon, Bischoff who makes your TV program better, produces additional shows and is a great heel.

Great logic. Totally making your company better.

Feuded endlessly with AJ Styles? I'm pretty sure that feud last all of a month. It was clear from the last Impact that AJ is now back to going against Bully Ray. That's just a dumb statement, bro.

Do you REMEMBER EV2 versus Fortune. We have had countless AJ vs Dreamer matches.

Do you REMEMBER EV2 versus Fortune. We have had countless AJ vs Dreamer matches.

Way to over exaggerate. Countless matches = Orton vs Cena, Orton vs Triple H, Triple H vs Cena.

They had atleast three one on one matches. And it would be four but Dreamer is leaving the company.

They had a one-on-one at "No Surrender" and then the Lethal Lockdown match with EV 2.0 versus Fortune. I can't guarantee you they never fought on Impact during that feud, but even if they did it wasn't more than once or it was in some kind of mixed tag. But as far as PPVs, that's ONE singles match and one stable match. If that qualifies as "countless," then you must have sucked at math.

Really? Name 5 people that are willing to sign with a major promotion to do commentary?

How about some guys who are already there? Jeff Jarrett (in the not-so-distant future), Desmond Wolfe (if he can no longer wrestle), or Bully Ray (when he finally retires).

Oh, and it's not my job to find the "new guy." It's my job to log into an internet forum, and complain about it. Same way it's obviously your job to defend TNA from personal opinions.

And also be a talent scout at the sametime doing backstage roles.

Keep him in that role, I don't give a shit. As long as I don't have to hear him bumble through another broadcast, I don't care.

So, It's not necessary to have a Mexican audience and have wrestlers who will idenity with them? Just like Mysterio, Del Rio and Sin Cara?

You do realize TNA airs in MTV3s and Mexico right?

Who said anything about the Mexican audience? I understand the importance of keeping those south of the border happy, but that doesn't mean you absolutely need to keep Hernandez around. Keep people like Sarita, Rosita, and Anarquia. Go after guys in Mexico. Please, do not tell me Hernandez isn't replaceable.

Gunner is one of the most talented underrated guys TNA has and they are looking to push him. His appeal is because he comes off as a crazy guy like Edge used to be before he was watered down for Cena.

Congratulations, you have an opinion. So do I... he stinks.

Yeah, way to go. We don't know what he adds. You don't fire someone based off of that. You scout him, figure it out, ask around, see if he is a positive influence and make a decision from there. Come on, way to be "Realistic"

If we have no idea what a guy brings to the table, how is it realistic to fire anyone? Matt Hardy has been a glorified jobber for years, and that hasn't changed in TNA. He's still Jeff's brother. And seeing Jeff isn't the hottest commodity in wrestling right now, Matt's stock has dropped. If Jeff were to go away, for good, who would care about Matt Hardy? No one.

Also, I see no tangible evidence to indicate Matt Hardy has done anything positive for TNA. Do you have something to counter that? If so, offer it up. If not, shut up. I'm giving an educated guess as to who has something to offer, and who doesn't. That's really what this thread is about, no? Making an educated guess?

Lol I'm sure TNA didn't force him into the storyline and he actually wanted his sexual orientation to be done in WWE the exact same way and they didn't want to do it and he was fired because of that.

I didn't say TNA forced him to do anything. I don't care if they it was his decision or not. Point is -- he's a joke. Dealing with your sexual orientation on television shouldn't be made into a total fucking mockery, which is exactly what has happened with the guy.

Of course you would. All IWC marks would fire a guy who is a pop culture icon, Bischoff who makes your TV program better, produces additional shows and is a great heel.

Again, show me some evidence which proves Bischoff and Hogan have done something to improve TNA. According to television ratings, which is really the only thing we have to go on, they have done absolutely nothing. Combine that with how shitty I think the current product is, and yes, I think they should go.

I am going to be thrilled if this is true. Roster cuts are a must in TNA and also WWE. Here are my choices-

Brother Devon- He can't do anything without Bully Ray. he's boring, not a good worker, and he's too old. Also every angle he's been involved in since the breakup of Team 3d has to do with his kids, I don't get it.

Shannon Moore and Jesse Neal- I can't stand them. They don't have the look and I can't see them doing anything else other than jobbing during their TNA run.

Abyss- Why is he still around? I know he's TNA's ******ed love child of Mankind and Kane but the only memorable moment he's had was being swantoned by Hardy through a table and getting "Janice" stuck in his back. Garbage, pure garbage.

I haven't read most of the pages here, but I'll throw out who I think can go.

Devon. with the split of 3D and Bully doing what he's doing, Devon just isn't needed. maybe he could be used backstage, with the likes of Al Snow and D Lo Brown.

Orlando Jordan. he was teaming with Eric Young there for awhile, but I haven't seen him lately. EY has been doing good, OJ can go.

Mexican America. Hernandez and Anarquia. what has Anarquia done since coming in? IMO this stable has failed. it just hasn't worked. Anarquia can go, but Hernandez can stay. Hernandez has size and a good look, he just should not talk. I thought he would have fit in nice as a heel with Immortal when he first came back.

Murphy. useless, he's gone. not Gunner though, he has potential and a future.

Okato. gone.

Brian Kendrick. people are going to disagree with me, but I don;t think he has a future and wouldn't be missed.

there are other wrestlers who I think need better gimmicks, but could have a good future.
"Robbie E" didn't work, but the wrestler has talent and needs a new gimmick.
"Pope"D'Angelo Dinero. I don't like the whole Pope thing. I think he should drop that and be a thug heel.

I guess I'll put in my 2 cents...

Devon: Without 3D, he's just not a singles wrestler. They tried that with him in the WWE, and it failed badly. I think he's headed for just backstage work.

Robbie E: Gods, this gimmick is just awful. Repackage or remove completely. Cookie can go with him. The Jersey Shore shtick is lame.

Orlando Jordan: He's great in the ring and on the mic, but the whole gimmick is something people just don't want to see.

Murphy: Useless, gone, goodbye, leave your pass at the gate, please.

Jeff Hardy: They needed to get rid of this poison fruit a year ago.

And as far as Mexican America goes, the gimmick CAN work, but its missing something. Maybe bring in a luchador to give it a little legitimacy.

I think we might see Joe leave. In a professional manner, he is just not interested and looks bored within the company. In that case he shows attitude, and will end up getting released.

Pope is in the same boat. Wonderful mic skills, great wrestling but again has little to no personality backstage and has an attitude.

I don't think any of the Knockouts are getting released maybe Rosita though. She's terrible in the ring, and appranelty she doesn't even understand any language or is really slow mentally. Rayne is too big of a powerhouse to be released not just on TV but in the back as well.

Steiner is too old, and he's been released a thousand times before for either injuries, or attitude. He never learns.

I would agree with Abyss too to be honest. He's not the same wrestler as he was a year ago. Though I think it would be wise to put Abyss on the shelf for a couple of months to fix his teeth. When he talks it just looks disgusting and really shows too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back