• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: TNA Planning Several Talent Cuts in Near Future

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This from a report on AllWrestling.com <http://allwrestling.com/Content.aspx?ID=37573>

TNA is reportedly planning on cutting several talents soon from the roster. Officials have been evaluating what's working and what's not working, trying to determine which talents aren't fitting in. No word yet on when the cuts will be made but some wrestlers have apparently been told to sit tight while the necessary cuts are made.

Now granted, this is still dirt sheet reporting which may or may not have any merit to it, but for the sake of argument, were you in fact in charge of who stays and who goes, how would you handle this in reality? Yes, I'm aware all the whiners want their old TNA back and would cut Bischoff, Hogan and everyone over the age of 35 not named Angle, but I'm looking for honest opinion here on what could actually happen. The likelihood of TNA cutting ties with something like I just mentioned is slim to none, so please, if that's all you have to add to this discussion, take it somewhere else. You're just wasting everyone's time.

Keep in mind here, we have no details to work with regarding contract figures, so this will have to be purely based off things like potential, work rate, name value, etc.

Who do you cut, and why?

1. Brother Devon - he's a nice guy and all, but I feel that he has no place as an on-screen character. Agent - sure. Part time/Full Time wrestler? Forget about it. Nobody wants to see him, he doesn't have enough talent to carry himself in a singles run like Bubba, just no.

2. Murphy - useless. Gunner seems to be the one TNA prefers and I haven't seen Murphy in ages. Bye.

3. Rob Terry - great look, fine intensity, zero at everything else. TNA gave him more than enough time to cut his teeth and become something. He couldn't. Pro wrestling is not for him. Stick to bodybuilding.

4. Orlando Jordan - OJ is athletic and good in the ring, but this gimmick will never work. He's just not meant to be anything, anywhere.

5. Tommy Dreamer - be something backstage, you're useless in the ring, you can't be anything in TNA. Dreamer's got a mind for the business, he should use it to help people not take up TV time.

6. Samoa Joe. Yeah, you heard me. Samoa freaking Joe. I know that he USED to be a badass, I know that he USED to be great, but hey - it ain't 2005 anymore. Facts are these - Samoa Joe has been lazy, sloppy and demotivated to work for a couple of years now. Some love to blame TNA's booking for that, but look at a guy like Bully Ray. Ray was nothing in TNA when his run with D-Von ended. A lot of us thought that he'd have a stupid singles run that will flop and that'll be it. Ray was in a DUMB storyline against D-Von, and by God he made gold out of it. That's a great performer. THat's a guy that deserves a push. Lemons - Lemonade, brother. Joe was stuck in mediocre storylines and instead of manning up, becoming better and SHOWING management why he should be pushed, he stood back and put his fat on. He got fatter, he got slower, sloppier and his mic skills are absolute zero. If I were running TNA I'd drop this guy on his ass. Demotivated people don't help a company. Go to ROH or something, have the little ROHbots chant "joe's gonna kill you" and all those things that the minority does. Joe has always been a one trick pony. It might've worked in a glorified indy like the old TNA that the IWC adores, but TNA is trying to become a big, mainstream company and one dimensional people are mostly associated with the indies. That's where you belong unless you get your shit together.

Crimson is one person I'd like to see cut. I am aware it won't happen due to his feud with Samoa Joe, whose making him look useful by the way, but at the end of the day Crimson is the guy who has height, not much of an impressive physique and adds nothing to the actual roster other than an ugly looking face and some poorly positioned tattoos. He doesn't deserve a contract with the second best wrestling promotion in America.

Brother Devon is taking up a roster place. I know we all respect him for his work in 3D, but we also knew that if they were to split up, that he would be the one who remained stranded by himself. Unless they offer him a behind-the-scenes job, it's his time to bow.

Robbie E. Don't even need to give a reason. Bayless can head off with him in tow, its a shame that a talent of Jay Lethal's stature is currently out of the job while Robbie E can still say he has one. God he is awful.

Jesse Neal is one who I highly doubt will get the chop, but if he did, I wouldn't be upset at all. His story is great and all, he has intensity and all, but again. Can't wrestle worth a crap, and without that hairstyle he really is nothing. At all. Still don't see them releasing him, simply because they can still milk his story.

Shannon Moore said in Twitter he's 100%, but TNA haven't called him about coming into tapings. This is a sure fire sign that his day in the light is once again done, and the "Prince of Punk" can take his book of dilligaf with him onto the indys.

Anarquia won't be released, but personally I want him too. Once again, guy has nothing to offer. He's just a sidekick in "LAX 2.0" which is failing horrifically. I guess TNA couldn't get Homicide back when they began the angle, huh?

1. Brother Devon - he's a nice guy and all, but I feel that he has no place as an on-screen character. Agent - sure. Part time/Full Time wrestler? Forget about it. Nobody wants to see him, he doesn't have enough talent to carry himself in a singles run like Bubba, just no.

2. Murphy - useless. Gunner seems to be the one TNA prefers and I haven't seen Murphy in ages. Bye.

3. Rob Terry - great look, fine intensity, zero at everything else. TNA gave him more than enough time to cut his teeth and become something. He couldn't. Pro wrestling is not for him. Stick to bodybuilding.

4. Orlando Jordan - OJ is athletic and good in the ring, but this gimmick will never work. He's just not meant to be anything, anywhere.

5. Tommy Dreamer - be something backstage, you're useless in the ring, you can't be anything in TNA. Dreamer's got a mind for the business, he should use it to help people not take up TV time.

6. Samoa Joe. Yeah, you heard me. Samoa freaking Joe. I know that he USED to be a badass, I know that he USED to be great, but hey - it ain't 2005 anymore. Facts are these - Samoa Joe has been lazy, sloppy and demotivated to work for a couple of years now. Some love to blame TNA's booking for that, but look at a guy like Bully Ray. Ray was nothing in TNA when his run with D-Von ended. A lot of us thought that he'd have a stupid singles run that will flop and that'll be it. Ray was in a DUMB storyline against D-Von, and by God he made gold out of it. That's a great performer. THat's a guy that deserves a push. Lemons - Lemonade, brother. Joe was stuck in mediocre storylines and instead of manning up, becoming better and SHOWING management why he should be pushed, he stood back and put his fat on. He got fatter, he got slower, sloppier and his mic skills are absolute zero. If I were running TNA I'd drop this guy on his ass. Demotivated people don't help a company. Go to ROH or something, have the little ROHbots chant "joe's gonna kill you" and all those things that the minority does. Joe has always been a one trick pony. It might've worked in a glorified indy like the old TNA that the IWC adores, but TNA is trying to become a big, mainstream company and one dimensional people are mostly associated with the indies. That's where you belong unless you get your shit together.

You've pretty much took all my ideas, yes even Samoa Joe. To me he is one of the most over rated wrestlers in the buisness and I've never really liked him, but the last few years he has proven to be one of the laziest in ring performers out there and his promos are boring, and his attempts to look mean and intimidating are just comical IMO, send him back to ROH where he can be overrated there.

The only other people I would add to the list is Robbie E/Cookie he has proven to be worthless and nobody seems to like the gimmick, even if they gave him a makeover I dont think it would make a difference. No Robbie E no need for Cookie.

Now granted, this is still dirt sheet reporting which may or may not have any merit to it, but for the sake of argument, were you in fact in charge of who stays and who goes, how would you handle this in reality? Yes, I'm aware all the whiners want their old TNA back and would cut Bischoff, Hogan and everyone over the age of 35 not named Angle, but I'm looking for honest opinion here on what could actually happen. The likelihood of TNA cutting ties with something like I just mentioned is slim to none, so please, if that's all you have to add to this discussion, take it somewhere else. You're just wasting everyone's time.

Keep in mind here, we have no details to work with regarding contract figures, so this will have to be purely based off things like potential, work rate, name value, etc.

Who do you cut, and why?

1. Rob Terry. Bad in-ring skills, mediocre to bad promo skills, a decent physique, and no name-value. Someone who if released, is easily not missed.

2. Murphy. See above.

3. Brother Devon. Bully Ray is a much better character, and as long as Brother Devon is still in the company, that'll hurt Ray's character and appearance. Let him go backstage or let him leave.

4. Tommy Dreamer. Useless on-screen and has been pushing himself to the detriment of better, younger wrestlers.

5. Samoa Joe. An aging once-great wrestler who has been a demotivated lazy worker for the last few months. Has some name-value to TNA fans and die-hards, but goddamn is he useless and uninspired.

6. Scott Steiner. He's gold on the stick and still has some name-value, but he is death in the ring. I don't see him pulling out decent matches with anyone except maybe Kurt Angle or AJ Styles, and at this point he's really couldn't do much to help the younger talent.

7. Anarquia. Who is this guy? I think we've seen him all of four or five times, and he comes off as a bad Chavo/Eddie rip off. Haven't seen much to be impressed by, maybe he'll be worth something after a few more years on the indies.

8. Hernadez. Let him go back to Mexico with TNA. He's deadly with his finisher and not in a good way, he's not that great on the mic, and frankly I'd rather have Homicide back. He's got a good amount of name-value, but frankly, he spent months out and the product didn't improve or decline without him. Hardly a game-changer.

9. Jeff Hardy. He's got his drug problems, his law-case, and a kid to deal with, meaning he's hardly in TNA in the first place. Not worth the bad publicity, just welcome him back if he cleans up. A good deal of name-value, but not as much as it was last year.

10. Madison Rayne. A shrill harpy of a woman who's not good in the ring, even from among the Knockouts, derives most of her heat like Vicky does with the shrill voice. Small name-value, not much of a loss.

11. Rosita. Incredibly green, little to no name value, and wouldn't be missed.

That's my list. *shrugs*

My cuts would include the following :

Brother Devon - Not much use for him. He would be a good trainer or agent backstage.

Samoa Joe - Lazy, Unmotivated, and all around over-rated.

Scott Steiner - Really, an unnecessary part of IW at the moment.

Amazing Red - Great in the ring, but a complete failure on the mic. i just couldn't see him getting over.

Robbie E - I just can't see him fitting in anywhere. His character is a joke.

Otherwise, I would just re-book some guys. Turn OJ into a heelish bizarre character. Put Terry and Murphy into a tag team with a good mouthpiece manager. And take the money you were investing in guys like Steiner and Joe and go get some young talent that you can market and bring up like they did with Gunner and Crimson.

Good move in my opinion there roster is far too over crowded and theres a lot of folk just sitting around doing nothing. I've got the roster up on wikipedia and there's names I've either never even seen or forgot wrestled there. I'd cut:

Devon: He's not doing anything at the moment, cut him or just move him behind the scenes and then in a year or so do the inevitable Team 3D reunion and they can retire again.

OJ: I have no problem with having a comedy character but I don't see the need for two on one show. It's looking like EYs moving to a more singles career with the TV title and I can't see OJ doing anything by himself.

Okada: ... honestly I don't know who this guy is. He may be brilliant but if he's not on the show get rid. Doubt he'd be snapped up by the WWE so just make an agreement that you'll take him back when you have something for him.

Murphy: Guy does nothing for me. Neither does Gunner really but he seems to be liked by others and is being given stuff to do so I don't see any need to cut him at the moment.

Rob Terry: Like Murphy. He's got the look but theres only so far that can get you and once the monster push is done people will find you stale. He just fits that mold perfectly.

Robbie E: Hate the gimmick and haven't seen enough from him to justify him staying in the company. He'd take Cookie with him obviously.

Steiner: I wouldn't do this straight away. Let him put someone over. Morgan or Crimson or someone in that mold and then when the fans inevitably get bored of Big Poppa Pump and the pops die down move him on again.

Shannon Moore: I want to like Shannon but lets face it the guys doesn't add much to the program. They have enough mid carders and Shannon's never managed to step up to the plate before so give someone else a chance.

That would be who I'd start with. I don't think any of them are ever going to be considered a major loss in fact I doubt most of your casual fans would notice.

I would cut:

Kyoshi: Playing the role of suicide a character that is useless.

OJ: worthless.

Young Bucks: Don't see the appeal in them at all. I think cruiserweights should still have a physique and be muscular just a little smaller than the big guys.

Amazing Red: Same as above. You have to be really special to wrestle at 150. He's not!

Jeff Hardy: Taking up money and a roster spot for someone who is hungry (and not just because he has the munchies)

Matt Hardy: I used to be a fan, but injuries and age have made him slow in the ring and he never was a great promo guy.

Tommy Dreamer: How in the HELL has this guy walked in a feuded endlessly with AJ Styles the face of TNA. Dreamer was a second tier guy in ECW, an afterthought in WWE, and only TNA would try to push him as a superstar.

Takata: Why did they sign him in the first place?

ABYSS: He's just not my cup of tea, nothing personal.

Pope: A year ago, I though future world champ. Now, a waste of talent.

And Finally,

Jeff Jarrett, while his storyline with Angle has been good at times, I don't see his real value on camera. He isn't someone who's going to make me buy a pay per view. I fast forward the DVR when he's on. If he was as big a star as he thinks he is, then TNA would be beating WWE in the ratings.

Realistically if I had to make cuts to TNAs roster they would be

Orlando Jordan is the obvious choice , they clearly have no intentions of him ever acting normal or holding any titles

Then I suppose Rosita is pretty useless for TNA , shes just Saritas more or less useless side kick

Anarquia is just Hernandez' useless sidekick , he can leave too. The racist stable angle isn't doing so hot anyway

Desmond Wolfe is still listed on the roster and hasn't done anything for like what now a year? Whats even going on with that? So I guess him too

Murphy has been seperated from Gunner while Gunner was pushed ahead , Murphy would be considered on thin ice and be a potential cut here too.

Aside from that when I was looking at the TNA roster page I see the value in every other wrestler on the list and would keep the others.

Realistically if I had to make cuts to TNAs roster they would be

Orlando Jordan is the obvious choice , they clearly have no intentions of him ever acting normal or holding any titles

Then I suppose Rosita is pretty useless for TNA , shes just Saritas more or less useless side kick

Anarquia is just Hernandez' useless sidekick , he can leave too. The racist stable angle isn't doing so hot anyway

Desmond Wolfe is still listed on the roster and hasn't done anything for like what now a year? Whats even going on with that? So I guess him too

Murphy has been seperated from Gunner while Gunner was pushed ahead , Murphy would be considered on thin ice and be a potential cut here too.

Aside from that when I was looking at the TNA roster page I see the value in every other wrestler on the list and would keep the others.
Reasonable picks, but I'd just like to add that Desmond is the comissioner of Xplosion or whatever, so the guy's doing something. He's so good on the mic. The only reason why I download it really. I'm hoping he'll replace Foley on iMPACT Wrestling. Wolfe needs to stay relevant if he's to ever come back as an in-ring performer. This is how you keep the limelight on him, wankers!

First off, this has to be one of the best ideas TNA has had in a long time. The roster is so overcrowded it's ridiculous. The wasted talent can go to ROH or back to the indies. They don't need to be on TNA's payroll.

Anarquia: My God, I think this has to be one of the absolute worst wrestlers in the company. Nothing about him impresses me. Don't get me wrong, I like Mexican America (Horrible name but whatever), but Anarquia only drags the group down. Hernandez and Sarita are very good but they need someone else to replace this guy.

Orlando Jordan: What has this guy done outside of his feud with Rob Terry, nothing? Also, was that feud any good? No. Get him the fuck out of TNA. Why he was even hired in the first place is beyond me..

Jesse Neal: Boring. Zero Charisma. He's shit in the ring. Get rid of him. Completely useless.

Tommy Dreamer: If there was any person past his prime, it would be Dreamer. Give it up. He was barely watchable in ECW and he's even worse now..

Brother Devon: If they're going to keep this Bully Ray thing going, get rid of Devon temporarily or keeep him as an agent.

Also, I don't think they should get rid of Amazing Red. Just stop using his character. Only allow him to be Sangriento. While being Sangriento, Red can get over without having to cut many promos or get face reactions from the crowd. The crowd can always get behind a good luchador. Besides, Red is too talented not to keep on the roster.

I agree with keeping Red, but only as Sangriento. I didn't even realize that it was red at first, and he impressed me quite a bit. Just a terrible gimmick as "Crimson's 'big' brother."

Now, as to who I would get rid of:

Samoa Joe: I never saw him years ago when everybody said he was badass, but since I started watching January 4th of last year, he's come off as overrated, fat, and lazy. Just not intimidated by his character and he doesn't entertain me.

Orlando Jordan: Nothing against the guy, really, but TNA ruined his character (and in a totally shameful way, IMO) by using his bisexuality, and I'm not sure he can come back from that. Just a waste of tv time.

Devon: Not sure if they'll get rid of him, since they are apparently using team 3d's school as their development territory, but who knows. Another weak link that takes up t.v. time. No personality, and not particularly good in the ring.

Tommy Dreamer: I actually liked his old stuff in ECW, but he just comes off as boring and weak these days. Not a threat, and doesn't really sell a story very well.

Now, I would like to actually see Robbie E and Cookie stay. Get rid of their stupid jersey gimmick and just be Rob Eckos and Becky Bayless. He's a damn good wrestler, and I like looking at her jugs.

I'm not going to list women since I doubt they pay them anything worthwhile anyway.

Amazing Red - Amazing athlete, never going to get over, even under a mask

Anarquia - There is no way this guy is going to get over with how they are currently using him, better to let him try to develop something on his own

Crimson - Reminds me a lot of the Wall except the Wall was scary looking

The Pope - Gibberish promos, blown spots, good look...1 out of 3 ain't good

Eric Bischoff - His association with garbage television is more of a negative than any experience he may bring

Hernandez - I bought into the hype once but he is routinely in some of the worst angles and worst matches, this doesn't seem coincidental anymore

Mr. Anderson - This guy seems determined to live and die by the gimmick he currently has which sucks because when he does interviews on the after shows he does a good job, he just doesn't bring it for the actual television taping and since he is being pushed as a top guy this is incredibly detrimental to the product

Orlando Jordan - Fairly evident why this guy needs to be released, his gimmick isn't edgy, just bad

Robbie E - When you look like a Zack Ryder rip off and Zack Ryder can't even make it on television you need to be set free to reassess your career

Tommy Dreamer - I was expecting him to come in to put over talent, I can't even say how disappointed I have been with how he has been used, such a waste

Remove from Television except for rare appearances, Use for special appearances:
- Brother Devon
- Hulk Hogan
- Jeff Jarrett
- Taz

Guys who have a lot of potential but would probably personally benefit from getting released

Abyss - He would be so huge in Japan and learn so much by going there for a year, even though he is a bit on the older side the poor treatment of his gimmick in TNA can only be corrected by taking time away from the company

Generation Me - They are very good performers but have looked completely generic their entire run in TNA, they may be better off going to ROH with their new found television exposure and working out new gimmicks there

Rob Terry - You can see all of the potential in the world in him but he will be hard pressed to improve under the TNA banner, better off going to FCW and becoming a WWE star

Samoa Joe - His lack of desire is obvious, if he were to take time away from TNA to go back to ROH or Japan to work off the excess weight and regain his motivation, it may mean a bigger return to TNA in the future or perhaps a shot with WWE?

Well from people's posts, I am saying pretty much the same thing with exception of a few:

Anarquia: Sorry, I dislike dis character, his voice is just.. BLAH, it's so annoying and he is just the lackie of Hernazdez.

Brother Devon: Doesn't appeal to me at all, in all honesty, without Bubba, he's nothing in the company, an agent will do him great.

Cookie: Unless she can become better at wrestling and breakaway from Robbie E, she will stay but she will be gone by the end of the year -fingers crossed-

Murphy - Who? .. no seriously.. WHO? this dude needs to get the shipping, nothing but just a filler.

Orlando Jordon - The only way he'll stay is if he stays with the gimmick, which i don't see happen so he'll be gone soon as Eric is pretty much doing something else.

Robbie E - A Zack Ryder rip off.. seriously? He needs to go, I didn't see the hype in him in the beginning anyway.

Rosita - I am a big fan of women's wrestling but she needs to do some more training, she's pretty green and they are bringing Sarita down who should be Knockout's champion.

Scott Steiner - Just doesn't appeal to me, he's had his time.

Rob Terry - Nothing more than just the muscle.

This is TNA, they are more of the wrestling and less of everything else so I doubt they'll get rid of the decent talent.

Rob Terry, Scott Stiener, Murphy...That's on the top of my head.

Now had this been a posty about who to release off the WWE roster, i could have written a book length list

How about Ric Flair? He's one of the top paid guys in the company and DOESN'T WRESTLE!!!! He's a waist. Granted the Nature Boy has had a good career but come on...enough is enough.

Tommy Dreamer - Usless talent who should'nt be used anymore. Either release him or use ihm for backstage personal.

Scott Stiener - They signed him for the failed attempt at a MEM storyline. It all fall's apart but for some strange reason they still have him employed to a contract.

Rob Terry - All muscle, no talent.

Orlando Jordan - Hardly used (thank God) and just a waste of a paycheck.

Cookie + Robbie E. - Both of bring nothing to the table, are complete rip-of's of another show, and haven't been on television for week's.

Jeff Hardy - He's a liability, better removed or forgotten. Why he is even employed after what happened on Victory Road is beyond me. Just goes to show you how TNA's business work's.

He may not be a talent, or "talented," but Vince Russo. Get him out of there, now! The guy is killing your company, like Bischoff is. Russo is just doing this nonsense swerves, heel/face turn's, dusty finishes, and other obnoxious stuff that makes the show give me a headache.

Take Hogan off of my goddamn television, please?

There are two perspectives you can look at this from. A practical one, and a preferential one.

From a practical point-of-view, it's hard to look past the guys who are never used. One of the many things that I've never understood about TNA is why their roster is so huge. Kiyoshi? I have never seen him on Impact. I know Okato did that thing with Samoa Joe a bit ago, but other than that? Nothing. There are others who are rarely used. Robbie E, Orlando Jordan, etc. These guys are wasting TNA's money (provided that they're are not on a appearance-based wage, which I doubt they are). It's just not good business to keep them around.

However, I'll look at this from my personal perspective. The guys who I think shouldn't be employed by TNA if they want the best product possible.

Rob Terry - He isn't much in the ring, not much on the mic and he has no personality. That's pretty much it. He has no worth as a wrestler.

Tommy Dreamer & Brother Devon - I lumped these two together because they are pretty much the same. They're getting older, increasingly limited in the ring and not even a heel turn could give Tommy Dreamer some personality. These two are only as on-air talents. From what I've read, Dreamer is the only one backstage with some sense when it comes to booking and creative. I think it would be pretty bad to legitimately split Team 3D for (as far as I'm aware) the first time.

Murphy - From what I've seen of him, he isn't particularly any good. If he comes back and impresses me, I'm more than willing to change my mind. But based on his partnership with Gunner and being part of Immortal, he appears to have nothing going for him.

Abyss - I hate the guy. So boring in every way. In-ring, on the mic, look, you name it, he's boring with it. He's not even interesting when reciting Sun Tzu.

Matt Hardy - You may notice a theme with my picks, they are all dull. Matt Hardy is no exception. I would say Jeff, too, but, I'll save my final judgement for when he comes back.

Crimson - If he can get some charisma, he can stay. But as far as I can see, he's getting a push which I think others deserve more (coughbriankendrickcough). I also hate the fact that Tazz and Tenay keep on saying how incredible he looks when he actually looks like a lot of modern wrestlers. Tall? Check. Muscular? Check. Tribal tattoos? Check. Shitty haircut? Check. About as generic as they come.

Orlando Jordan & Eric Young - Jordan is hardly ever used. But that's not why I'm picking him. Both Jordan and Young are the most unfunny comedy wrestlers that I have ever seen. He's gay and he's mentally challenged! Oh, HOW BRILLIANT! You have to be pretty stupid to find either of them funny. And when not used as comic relief they are still very dull. You want to know the worst thing? I previously said that I didn't mind Eric Young. The shame...

:lmao: Anyone saying Samoa Joe clearly doesn't like quality wrestling. TNA are very lucky to have such a damn fine wrestler on their roster. And to the people saying he doesn't look like he has passion, have you ever thought that might be TNA's fault for putting him in a lengthy, badly built feud with The Pope and then in a badly built feud with the charisma vacuum that is Crimson?

Reactions: X
He's a waist.

I'm pretty sure he's a full body.

I'm surprised to see Samoa Joe on so many lists. While the first person gave good reason as to why, everyone else is just repeating "he's lazy, unmotivated, fat, and overrated". I have a feeling a lot of people aren't thinking for themselves. Lazy? Maybe in the gym, but certainly not in the ring. When given the time, Joe's matches are still faast paced and hard hitting. Fat? Yeah he ain't skinny, but that didn't seem to bother anyone before. Unmotivated? Possibly, but none of you have talked to him so you can't possibly know that. And overrated? In comparison with who? Joe has always been extremely over with TNA crowds. His matches are mixed with brawling, high flying, and lots of technical moves. He sells well, despite being bigger than half the guys he wrestles. His mic work, to me at least, is excellent. Who is overrating him and how?

As for the original topic, I to agree this has to be done. It might be a little different than the others. I think guys like Devon and Tommy Dreamer can contribute as jobbers. They're familiar faces who won't take up PPV spots. Here's who I would not mind see getting released:

Eric Young. I know a lot of people like him, and maybe he would just benefit from different booking, but he's never appealed to me. I see nothing special about him in the ring. His mic skills are fine, but you need more than that. His "Don't Fire Eric" gimmick was funny, but since then he just hasn't been able to keep a character for more than a few months. You can blame it on the booking, but he's had lots of chances.

Jesse Neal. Interesting look and good story, but just not that great in the ring and hasn't had an interesting storyline for a while.

Rob Terry. TNA's attempt into the Batista type wrestler, but Terry doesn't have the in-ring and overness Batista had. Maybe some more training, but he's not working in TNA right now.

Robbie E. An ok wrestler in a division of fantastic wrestlers. The X-Division needs more heels, but this guy isn't taken seriously enough.

DEFINITE CUTS

Jesse Neal -- Just brings nothing to the table. He didn't have the charisma to get over as the All-American war hero and even now can't sell any kind of edge or believability as the mohawked punker. Dead weight.

Orlando Jordan -- On talent alone I'd have Jordan as a "bubble" guy in need of a gimmick change, but his last gimmick is too much to come back from. Nobody will take him seriously in a new role. WWE tried to push him heavily and it fell flat there, too.

Rob Terry -- Abyss will always be the resident monster/enforcer in TNA and you still have Morgan, Crimson, Hernandez, and Samoa Joe who are all better at the things Terry can give you. He's not a lost cause and could be decent as a tag partner for someone, but if they're looking to downsize then he's a ripe candidate.

ON THE BUBBLE

Brother Devon -- The only reason I'm not definitely cutting him is because of his relationship with Ray. I'd want to be sure that Ray won't get pissed and quit or even start losing his motivation. He's been on fire lately and it would suck to lose him. If you can reason with him professionally and make it happen, then let Devon go. But if not, it's worth paying Devon to hang around to keep Ray on point.

Robbie E & Cookie -- There's some talent here but it needs to be repackaged. I think Bayless could be an awesome heel valet for several different guys. I'd really like to see what Rob Eckos could do with a different gimmick.

Murphy -- Another guy who I'd like to see try something new before they give up on him. Gunner's shown signs of life thus far and maybe Murphy could too. He was pretty successful in the Indy's as Mikael Judas.

Shannon Moore -- Needs to prove he can fit in the X-Division and keep pace with those guys. I'm worried Moore might be a throwback to late-90s cruiserweight wrestling and doesn't have the speed or ingenuity for the X-Division. If I'm right then he's not worth much, but I haven't seen enough to know for sure.

Tommy Dreamer -- I loved Tommy's work the last few weeks now that he's gone heel. I'd like to see what he could add as a manager/mentor, maybe working with Gunner and passing on the "innovator of violence" gimmick.

Now had this been a posty about who to release off the WWE roster, i could have written a book length list

I know right?

I think its ridiculous how many people WWE has that are unused or suck/useless they really need an overhaul :shrug:

Kyoshi: Playing the role of suicide a character that is useless.

Both Kyoshi and the Suicide character are already fone from TNA's roster page.

Young Bucks: Don't see the appeal in them at all. I think cruiserweights should still have a physique and be muscular just a little smaller than the big guys.

You don't see the appeal "at all?" They do some pretty nice stuff in the ring and some of their tag team moves are very innovative. I agree with you about the need to work on the bodies and adding some muscle definition, but they're still entertaining in the ring.

Amazing Red: Same as above. You have to be really special to wrestle at 150. He's not!

He's not special, but he's a solid X-Division body and one of the few links to the glory days of that division. You need to keep him around for a while just to help get that going again.

Jeff Hardy: Taking up money and a roster spot for someone who is hungry (and not just because he has the munchies)

Matt Hardy: I used to be a fan, but injuries and age have made him slow in the ring and he never was a great promo guy.

I agree that Jeff needs to change his attitude and approach to life if I'd ever let him through the door. However, from a business standpoint you should give him the chance to do so. What happened with Jeff at Victory Road sucked, but it also caught the eye of many people who don't even watch TNA right now. There will be some strong intrigue in how/when he returns and it only makes sense for TNA to cash in on that.

As for Matt, he has slowed down in the ring but I think he's put on several good matches lately (vs. Crimson, Sting, Kazarian). I like this methodical, focused style in his wrestling now and that new submission finisher is awesome. I get he's not the Hardy Boy you used to love, but he still has value.

Tommy Dreamer: How in the HELL has this guy walked in a feuded endlessly with AJ Styles the face of TNA. Dreamer was a second tier guy in ECW, an afterthought in WWE, and only TNA would try to push him as a superstar.

Feuded endlessly with AJ Styles? I'm pretty sure that feud last all of a month. It was clear from the last Impact that AJ is now back to going against Bully Ray. That's just a dumb statement, bro.

Jeff Jarrett, while his storyline with Angle has been good at times, I don't see his real value on camera. He isn't someone who's going to make me buy a pay per view. I fast forward the DVR when he's on. If he was as big a star as he thinks he is, then TNA would be beating WWE in the ratings.

And he's wrestling in the Main Event... when? When has TNA booked a PPV in the last few years that depended on Jarrett? You're totally overrating this issue. They're trying to cash in on the real life heat between Angle and Jarrett in this feud and nothing more. This is not because anyone thinks Jarrett is still a huge star or even because he founded TNA.

You made a couple decent points about other people, but I think you're way off about these guys.

Realistically it’s the guys that don’t get used much and management doesn’t see much talent in that are most under threat (if this report is true). And judging by TNAs roster page, they’ve already cut 3 of the wrestlers that fill those criteria: Kyoshi, Suicide and Okato have all been removed. And a lot of the guys I think are likely to be next have been covered by the majority here.

Amazing Red/Sangriento – He’s fun for a one off match I’ll definitely say that. But why keep a guy like that? Let him go and bring him back for the odd match if required. I could see him possibly using the Sangriento character more though.

Devon – He’s just not needed now Bully Ray has made such a success of himself.

Murphy – I thought Murphy was pretty good as a tag team with Gunner, but now Gunner’s broken away from that there’s not much need for Murphy. He’s a big, intense, powerful, dude so perhaps with some time off and a new gimmick he could come back and make an impact?

Orlando Jordan – He can be funny at times but he can also be hard to watch for some folk.

Tommy Dreamer – I just don’t see what he offers as an in ring talent.

Rosita – She just looks diddy and holds Sarita down.

Winter – Not very likely, as she’s involved in a big storyline, but I just find her really annoying so thought I’d say her.

I would also have Samoa Joe and Scott Steiner in the “possible category”. I think Samoa Joe could be a useful mid card talent but he really doesn’t seem ‘up for it’ so could see him taking some time off. Scott Steiner is hilarious with a mic but he’s not essential to TNA as a wrestler. Scott Steiner as a backstage reporter, however, would be awesome!

:lmao: Anyone saying Samoa Joe clearly doesn't like quality wrestling. TNA are very lucky to have such a damn fine wrestler on their roster. And to the people saying he doesn't look like he has passion, have you ever thought that might be TNA's fault for putting him in a lengthy, badly built feud with The Pope and then in a badly built feud with the charisma vacuum that is Crimson?

Please he is so overrated and a shell of his former self its sad. All he does is come to the ring trying to look mean and intimidating which he's not, he gets in the ring makes the same dumb mean face at the camera he had on the way to the ring does his couple of moves, which he does halfassed and doesn't sell anybody elses stuff, then make some more mean faces and leaves. So to me it's no big loss if they would cut him, he is not an interesting wrestler to watch or get behind.

To me he has no passion and thats not TNAs fault, no matter what type of fued a wrestling company puts you in it's your job as a performer to get the most out of that fued and make it worth watching, he just doesn't put forth the effort need to make any fued interesting, thats on him. IMO

Murphy - I just have no interest in even seeing him develop. Gunner is a keeper.

Mike Tenay - He's a machine. He doesn't even add excitement to anything.. he adds more fear... like when a top rope move is about to be botched and screams "oh no" like a little girl. I just want a fresh voice on the announce team that will keep up with the action better.

Rob Terry - Maybe in the future... right now.. your just taking up space.

Sangriento - Amazing Red under a mask... just let Amazing Red on TV.... not him under a mask that I dont care about.

Jeff Jarrett - The guy takes up WAAAYYY to much TV Time... and I don't ever want to see him holding a title or anything again. Just retire. We don't need you to help Kurt Angle get over.... we need Kurt Angle to help others get over.. not Jeff Jarrett wasting TV time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back