• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: The Dead Man's Latest Ressurection

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
PWInsider.com "confirms" in a report released earlier today that The Undertaker's return to WWE television is scheduled to be on the February 24th episode of Raw. The report further states that his return has been locked just within the past two days and that his return is set to both start off his storyline for WrestleMania XXX and to help launch the WWE Network that night as well.

Off & on, there have been reports here & there stating that WWE is bringing in big names on that night, which is the Raw after Elimination Chamber, to help hype the launch of the WWE Network. It's no surprise for Taker to return that night as it makes perfect sense since it's the first Raw after the only ppv before WrestleMania and the launch of the WWE Network. As to who the other big names are, I've little doubt that Vince himself will be on hand, maybe WWE Hall of Famers like Ric Flair & Shawn Michaels and the possible return of Hulk Hogan.

We're all thankful and impressed with your deep insight into this. You must have wonderful sources. Undertaker showing up before WrestleMania!! WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED THAT?!

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the total concept of forums. Aside from serving as a relatively anonymous means to post asinine, sarcastic comments that serve no purpose whatsoever, they can also serve as a means of disseminating information to people of similar likes and interests. Hence, the reason for this little tidbit of information. If you prefer the former, then I suggest going somewhere else. If it's the latter then, by all means, participate. .

I'm excited to see the forthcoming return to TV of The Undertaker, it'll be interesting to see what direction they are going to go into for the WrestleMania match that he will be sure to have. The scuttlebutt of course has been regarding him and Brock Lesnar having a redux of their early 2000s feud. This time, I hope Taker comes out ahead of Lesnar, I seriously don't see why they'd give Brock the "W" over Taker at Mania, but then again you never know, what might happen. If the streak has to end though, I'd not want it to be with Lesnar.

I personally dislike his on screen character, I don't want to use the word hate, because I know very little about Lesnar outside of his character, and I prefer to keep it that way. I will just say that I'm not thrilled about his role in the company, and I'd rather see other people in the fray against The Undertaker. But regardless of all that, The Taker is on his way back on TV, and yes it's rather a perpetual cycle of things, he'll come back do his thing on RAW and likely SmackDown build up his saga for Mania and then rinse and repeat.

But you know what? Fuck it. It's The Undertaker, he's more than put his time in from the early 90s in the WWF/E to do such a thing. If guys like Brock Lesnar get the red carpet rolled out for them, the Taker deserves a path paved of gold all the way to WrestleMania due to how much of a legend he is.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the total concept of forums. Aside from serving as a relatively anonymous means to post asinine, sarcastic comments that serve no purpose whatsoever, they can also serve as a means of disseminating information to people of similar likes and interests. Hence, the reason for this little tidbit of information. If you prefer the former, then I suggest going somewhere else. If it's the latter then, by all means, participate. .

Jack-Hammer, he's a troll, you're feeding him. I mean, you're more than likely aware of that, but take it for what it is. A keyboard warrior trying to get a rise out of you. However I gotta say his comment on Layla was somewhat amusing albeit rather distasteful. Anyway, thanks for bringing this up, I read the posting on the main WrestleZone site, and thought I'd contribute to your corresponding post here on the forum.

I'm excited to see the forthcoming return to TV of The Undertaker, it'll be interesting to see what direction they are going to go into for the WrestleMania match that he will be sure to have. The scuttlebutt of course has been regarding him and Brock Lesnar having a redux of their early 2000s feud. This time, I hope Taker comes out ahead of Lesnar, I seriously don't see why they'd give Brock the "W" over Taker at Mania, but then again you never know, what might happen. If the streak has to end though, I'd not want it to be with Lesnar.

I personally dislike his on screen character, I don't want to use the word hate, because I know very little about Lesnar outside of his character, and I prefer to keep it that way. I will just say that I'm not thrilled about his role in the company, and I'd rather see other people in the fray against The Undertaker. But regardless of all that, The Taker is on his way back on TV, and yes it's rather a perpetual cycle of things, he'll come back do his thing on RAW and likely SmackDown build up his saga for Mania and then rinse and repeat.

But you know what? Fuck it. It's The Undertaker, he's more than put his time in from the early 90s in the WWF/E to do such a thing. If guys like Brock Lesnar get the red carpet rolled out for them, the Taker deserves a path paved of gold all the way to WrestleMania due to how much of a legend he is.

I hope he returns during a John Cena promo, where Cena says something like "last year I was in the main event against The Rock for the WWE Championship, and after failing to capture the WWE World Title inside the Elimination Chamber, I basically have nothing for WrestleMania this year" and then the lights go out, the gong hits, Taker makes his return, heads to the ring, looks at Cena, points to the WrestleMania sign, and we get Taker vs Cena at WrestleMania...

I hope they don't go with Cena/Wyatt (wait till AFTER Mania for that feud) and Taker/Lesnar (its been said numerous times that Lesnar will be too physical for Taker so scrap the idea and have Cena face Taker instead)

I hope he returns during a John Cena promo, where Cena says something like "last year I was in the main event against The Rock for the WWE Championship, and after failing to capture the WWE World Title inside the Elimination Chamber, I basically have nothing for WrestleMania this year" and then the lights go out, the gong hits, Taker makes his return, heads to the ring, looks at Cena, points to the WrestleMania sign, and we get Taker vs Cena at WrestleMania...

I hope they don't go with Cena/Wyatt (wait till AFTER Mania for that feud) and Taker/Lesnar (its been said numerous times that Lesnar will be too physical for Taker so scrap the idea and have Cena face Taker instead)

Sure the match would be good. But pointing at the Wrestlemania sign, and the match is made. Is the lamest of lame ways to book a match, honestly a match this big, I'd rather not see it happen if that was the way the match is made.

I want the Undertaker to return, and build up a match for Wrestlemania, I don't want the match or a match booked the night he returns, build up something for a few weeks then book it. HBK and Undertaker did it right when they built it up for a few weeks before finally making it official, same for Undertaker and HHH.

I am excited by this news. The Undertaker is nothing short of a legend and Icon! Hell if there was a term he would be above ICON and LEGEND! Undertaker doesn't need to return other than the DeadMan Himself. Most of us dont want to see him and Brock go at it,due to Brocks rather stiff style in the ring. So that leaves Daniel Bryan,as the Undertaker has expressed interest in working with him. Working a Undertaker WM match,IMO is bigger than any title match you can have.. For the Undertaker to choose you,to work a match at WM what an ultimate feather in your cap

I personally have absolutely no interest in any Undertaker storyline that involves Lesnar at Wrestlemania. At another ppv, maybe, but not mania. We all know that there are only 2 sensible reasons somebody will end the streak....1. To give somebody the rub and put them over big. 2. for the ultimate heel turn (such as cena going full blown heel and breaking the streak). The wwe has managed to put a little suspense in recent years with HHH going for it the second time. I thought maybe he could do it seeing he has an ego and the creative control, his ego may get the best of him. Then Punk, there was a small chance wwe was going to put him in the upper echelon of superstars by having him cement his legacy since he was so hot at the time and Taker has said he has no problem doing the deed if the time is right and it makes sense. Taker wanted Kane to go over him years ago, but out of respect Kane wouldn't do it. Lesnar winning makes NO Sense. He is a part timer, doesnt need the rub, and at the end of his career as well. I doubt we will see him after next year. you can only phone it in and have Heyman show up in his place for so long before it gets to tedious. That being said, a Lesnar win does nothing to move anything forward, its not like it would lead to a feud. A lesnar loss does a little for Taker, but hurts Lesnar even more. Therefore there is nothing to be gained from that match. Obviously, unless Taker retires the streak will go on. Unless he announces this as his last match (which I doubt he will seeing wwe has such a big interest in getting Sting for a reason) then there is no way the streak will end.

I would like to see someone like Bray Wyatt, Cena, D-bryan, or a dark horse....Antonio Cesaro. But to make me believe the streak could end, have the Undertaker put HIS career on the line. That would make it believable the streak could end, and all those guys have something to gain. Even Cena, but only if he turned heel, which I think he would have to for the heat he would get.

side note: if Punk was going to leave, I think he could have negotiated a HUGE payday and left in the good graces of wwe and the fans. My idea...He keeps quiet his intentions to not re-sign. Then he asks taker for a rematch, and to prove his point he puts his career on the line like Michaels, but he will do what michaels and everybody else couldnt because he has a lot of career left. Taker in turn does the same, putting his career up. Nobody would think a 30-something Punk is going to retire, as it would be more likely the 48 year old Undertaker was calling it quits at the 30th wrestlemania, which is a fitting ending point. So now it is believable the streak could end. Hard fought match but Taker wins. Punk retires like he wanted, gets 1 last huge payday, gets the main event he wanted and everybody wins.

if wwe gets punk back and pitches this to him, he may return. he would get his main event caliber match, a huge pay, and no need to address the storylines because he could say he left because wwe wanted him to fight a meaningless fight when he wanted to become immortal. Now that he has the match he wanted, he has his passion back and he has no intention of retiring. The story tells itself.

side note: if Punk was going to leave, I think he could have negotiated a HUGE payday and left in the good graces of wwe and the fans. My idea...He keeps quiet his intentions to not re-sign. Then he asks taker for a rematch, and to prove his point he puts his career on the line like Michaels, but he will do what michaels and everybody else couldnt because he has a lot of career left. Taker in turn does the same, putting his career up. Nobody would think a 30-something Punk is going to retire, as it would be more likely the 48 year old Undertaker was calling it quits at the 30th wrestlemania, which is a fitting ending point. So now it is believable the streak could end. Hard fought match but Taker wins. Punk retires like he wanted, gets 1 last huge payday, gets the main event he wanted and everybody wins.

if wwe gets punk back and pitches this to him, he may return. he would get his main event caliber match, a huge pay, and no need to address the storylines because he could say he left because wwe wanted him to fight a meaningless fight when he wanted to become immortal. Now that he has the match he wanted, he has his passion back and he has no intention of retiring. The story tells itself.

You should be writing for WWE, you have a better mind for wrestling than most they have at present do.
Kudos to you, and I'd have to agree, I don't have much interest in Lesnar v Taker.

CM Punk is not going to get to end the streak. He was going to retire in a few years anyway, and whose to say even if he gets to beat Taker that he'll stay? Too much of a risk.

The person who beats Taker needs to have UndertakerCena levels of devotion to the company otherwise it is for nothing, they could just walk out, and suddenly you have someone who tarnished Taker's legacy, and they aren't pulling money for the WWE anymore. It also has to be someone young, otherwise the achievement is wasted. Taker's streak would be wasted on DB, who is over without his help and it could possibly be a detriment as I think some fans would resent him for it. The same goes for Cena, beating Taker would likely turn him heel, and Cena cannot be a heel. He has too much stake in entertaining the kids, and too much stake with Make-A-Wish. Brock Lesnar or any other part timer can't win. So that leaves the streak in the hands of a young up and comer. Someone like Roman Reigns, or Bray Wyatt, and again they could leave the company.

I think the streak should stand. I don't think that any gains made by defeating Taker can overcome the potential downfalls.

CM Punk is not going to get to end the streak. He was going to retire in a few years anyway, and whose to say even if he gets to beat Taker that he'll stay? Too much of a risk.

The person who beats Taker needs to have UndertakerCena levels of devotion to the company otherwise it is for nothing, they could just walk out, and suddenly you have someone who tarnished Taker's legacy, and they aren't pulling money for the WWE anymore. It also has to be someone young, otherwise the achievement is wasted. Taker's streak would be wasted on DB, who is over without his help and it could possibly be a detriment as I think some fans would resent him for it. The same goes for Cena, beating Taker would likely turn him heel, and Cena cannot be a heel. He has too much stake in entertaining the kids, and too much stake with Make-A-Wish. Brock Lesnar or any other part timer can't win. So that leaves the streak in the hands of a young up and comer. Someone like Roman Reigns, or Bray Wyatt, and again they could leave the company.

I think the streak should stand. I don't think that any gains made by defeating Taker can overcome the potential downfalls.

I still don't see how people think that the streak would be wasted on DB, was Andre's loss to Hogan a waste? NO! It's similar , putting him over Taker would make him more over than anything imo. It wouldn't lessen the impact that it went to someone who was super over it would make it a BIGGER moment. Especially since you could end it with a HUGE ovation for both men and Taker shaking his hand or tipping his hat to Bryan. I think it would be an amazing moment.

I think they're holding off on Cena Taker because unless it's Kane that has to be Taker's last match because Cena has beaten EVERYONE and after that there's nothing left.

I'm not with the Cena Wyatt or Taker Lesnar matches. Honestly I'd book Orton vs Taker have Orton do the whole "I was young back them but I've gotten better and became the best won however many titles etc" Have Taker not wanna take the match because he think Orton is trash so Orton wigs out 09 style and is beating up Taker on RAW if they would allow that and have him beating the shit out of Kane. Then have Cena take the title from Wyatt and lost to Bryan again and Batista vs Lesnar could have been set up.

I'm not interested in the return of The Undertaker.

I enjoy seeing guys like The Shield, The Wyatts, Titus O'Neil... becoming stars but when wrestlemania comes, they have to take a backseat to the dinosaurs.

I'm not interested one d@mn bit by taker vs brock. Taker will win the match, more predictable than Rock-Cena II.

The feud is just going to suck, a bunch of Paul Heyman promos, a bunch of Lesnar attacks, etc.

Why waste Lesnar on taker, why not have Brock face Sheamus or Orton, and Taker face Bryan or Cena, why is wwe insisting on giving us the most predictable and full of $#!t garbage programming?

Wrestlemania is supposed to be the only time of the year where you'd enjoy WWE yet even now WWE still fcking suck asss.

I think WMXXX will just be boring like WM25 minus the taker-hbk match.

Undertaker's matches are obviously getting boring and redundant, but he still puts on matches of the year every year. Even if he does wrestle once and you know the outcome, that match is usually regarded as the best match of the night.

Both HBK matches were classic. I didn't care much for the first HHH match, but the HIAC match was epic. And his match with Punk was unreal. Totally took the sails out of HHH/Lesnar.

Yeah Undertaker will win, but enjoying the time to see him in the ring will still sell tickets. The guy puts on a clinic and steals the show every year.

I'd rather an excellently told match with a predictable ending than some shitfest where you don't know the outcome.

I would honestly love to see Taker come back sooner, although I understand the importance of his return coinciding with the network and Mania season. With all the CM Punk/Daniel Bryan drama going on it would be nice to bring back someone like Taker who can easily distract the crowd, whether it be the Taker marks or Taker haters.

I never once said cm punk would or should beat the streak, I said the opposite. Re-read what I wrote. I said Punk could have left on good terms by negotiating a huge payday and getting a main event match that he wanted. He could have put his career on the line vs Taker while keeping his intention to leave quiet. That would give some suspense that Punk would go over and that Taker had decided to retire. Then Taker goes over, Punk gets a huge payday while leaving in the fans good graces, and still ends up where he wanted to all along; at home.

I am an Undertaker mark and obviously I'm very much looking forward to his return. I am anxious for his entrance and the crowd reaction and, of course, who his feud will be with.

Strictly because I am also a fan of Sting, I want to see Sting debut and interrupt Undertaker. Match wise, I believe they would surprise us. I've seen some bad matches at Mania and I doubt Sting-Taker would make the shit list.

Just my two cents.

And if it's not Sting, or Lesnar, it's gotta be Bryan. They could have a classic. I would much rather have Bryan lose to Taker than lose to HHH.

But anyway....Did you hear about the man who cannot be destroyed? He's been buried alive, set on fire, carried away...but he keeps....coming.....back. GONG!

Taker's main attraction really is nostalgia now, after he survived Taker-HHH III, there wasn't anyone left worthy of beating him. The CM Punk feud was so short and hastily thrown together (A bunch of guys with no match on the PPV get together on RAW and decide one of them should challenge Taker ???) that it really wasn't very special, although give both props for making it a very entertaining match despite that handicap.

I suppose Taker-Cena is the biggest match out there, and it's not like Cena losing to Taker really hurts him. What would be cool is if Cena is WWE Champ going in making this Streak vs Title...Let Taker win, become champ, then retire.

The belt could be put up in a tournament afterwards, with entry matches on RAW & Smackdown before the PPV.

Certainly if Taker is close to calling it quits that would be a great way to send him off, especially since he was such a loner, solitary character (unlike guys like Flair & HBK who got more traditional show dedications, etc as part of their retirement).

As of a Friday night writing meeting, Taker will be going against lesnar and bryan will be inserted in the main event in a triple threat match.

I am BEGGING WWE to not do Cena/Wyatt and give us Cena/Taker instead...why the hell are they continuing to not have this match? let it happen NOW!! it's WRESTLEMANIA 30, do it NOW!!!

have Lesnar attack Christian and takes his place in the Chamber, win the title, and goes on to face Batista at WrestleMania, and let Daniel Bryan get retribution on the Authority by facing Triple H and we have a solid main event scene at WM 30!!

If his return has nothing to do with Sting, then I don't care.

This isn't even news btw, it's become obvious every year.

I am BEGGING WWE to not do Cena/Wyatt and give us Cena/Taker instead...why the hell are they continuing to not have this match? let it happen NOW!! it's WRESTLEMANIA 30, do it NOW!!!

Or even better, how about don't involve Cena in those matches at all? Make it Wyatt/Undertaker, Sting/Wyatt or the fantasy match everyone wants to come to life, Sting/Undertaker.

I still have this lingering feeling that as the coutndown for the WWE Network counts down on Feb 24th, JERICHO will hijack the monumental moment, which will lead to Undertaker stepping in as the leader of the locker room and chokeslamming him to hell, setting up Undertakervs Chris Jericho for Wrestlemania 30

I don't think Taker's body can take a match with lesnar

Shit, man. I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but Pro-Wrestling is fake. They aren't going to have a shoot MMA match.

They're consummate professionals, and Brock, although a little stiff, has always been regarded as a professional in the business.

Shit, man. I hate to be the bearer of bad news...but Pro-Wrestling is fake. They aren't going to have a shoot MMA match.

They're consummate professionals, and Brock, although a little stiff, has always been regarded as a professional in the business.

I've also seen Kurt Angle with ice packs on his neck, on the verge of tears because his neck hurt so badly.

I've seen Eddie Guerrero get shots of Nubain and Toradol just to be able to walk.

I've seen Terry Funk lie on a training table for 3 hours after a match, barely able to move.

They might perform, but don't tell them it's fake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back