Report: Early SummerSlam Plans & Opponent For Brock Lesnar

If this is true, then I predict Cena's Summerslam opponent will be....

YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!

Hmm. I approve. I was worried they were going to end up going with Punk. That just doesn't seem like a good idea.

Oh God. Do you all realize how AWFUL the build-up will be, though? Maybe they will both get mouthpiece managers in the meantime.

I was thinking Triple H would be his SS opponent after Johnny Ace agreed to his list of ridiculous demands. I like Orton much better.

Oh God. Do you all realize how AWFUL the build-up will be, though? Maybe they will both get mouthpiece managers in the meantime.

Unlike most, I enjoyed Lesnar's promo on Monday night. Sure, he said the same thing a few too many times, but it's a 1000% improvement over his work in 2002-2004. Also, when necessary, Orton can talk. He doesn't jump around and crack fart jokes Cena-style, but he isn't nearly as bad as most make him out to be. Not even close.

I was thinking Triple H would be his SS opponent after Johnny Ace agreed to his list of ridiculous demands. I like Orton much better.

Well, Brock needs a few more people to run through before losing to Undertaker. Orton and Punk will probably carry that load, but I can see HHH doing the job once or twice.

If Orton is going to continue to get Cena's backwash Lesnar will work. I was hoping for Orton-Rock, to me that is a match up of the most electrifying punches in wrestling.

I like this plan. I know not everyone's a fan of Orton, but he hasn't been in the world title scene for a while nor has he had any high profile feuds. He's one of the top babyfaces in the company, so it just makes sense for them to capitalize on it with a big match.

Unlike most, I enjoyed Lesnar's promo on Monday night. Sure, he said the same thing a few too many times, but it's a 1000% improvement over his work in 2002-2004. Also, when necessary, Orton can talk. He doesn't jump around and crack fart jokes Cena-style, but he isn't nearly as bad as most make him out to be. Not even close.

I'd link you to that thread Sam wrote a month or so back, but I can't find it at the moment. Also, why does everyone keep insisiting Orton needs a revamp? Because he's not in the main event and helping develop/push younger talent? Has he lost any of the mega pop? Not really no. Is he still the biggest star on SmackDown? By far. Am I the only one getting increasingly frustrated by that?

I would guess DBD vs. Punk. I fully expect Orton to Raw and Cena to Smackdown if this rumor is true. Orton vs. Lesnar has my smarky panties wet with anticipation. Orton has the type of attitude needed to play off of Brock.

I don't think Jericho is sticking past July.

Nope. Fozzy is more important. That's right - the band no one would know about if it weren't for his wrestling career.

I'm being bitter... I know it :blush:

I would guess DBD vs. Punk.

I wouldn't mind seeing this. If Rock is around for Cena vs. Rocky II, I'm guessing this is what we're going to get. If Rock isn't around, Cena vs. Daniel Bryan. Where would Punk end up? With Miz or someone like that, probably.

I fully expect Orton to Raw and Cena to Smackdown if this rumor is true.

This is something I hadn't thought about. Then again, it really doesn't matter which show you're on right now, given the SuperShow format. Cena actually moving to Smackdown is a reach (I'd love to see it happen, personally), but if it does happen, that would mean they have more confidence in Orton than even I had thought.

Orton vs. Lesnar has my smarky panties wet with anticipation. Orton has the type of attitude needed to play off of Brock.

I agree. Both are savages, when let off the leash.

I'd think Punk vs. Bryan, Cena vs. Rock II and Lesnar vs. Orton would make for a fun as hell SummerSlam. One hopes my dream of Triple H vs. Christian is fufilled also...

Well, considering the vast majority of the people thought it was awful, hopefully they are working with Lesnar to improve it or coaching Orton so that he can carry Lesnar through the build.

Even then, I just really don't like it, whatsoever. I'd much rather see Punk v. Lesnar. Punk would do well with him.

Well, considering the vast majority of the people thought it was awful, hopefully they are working with Lesnar to improve it or coaching Orton so that he can carry Lesnar through the build.

Even then, I just really don't like it, whatsoever. I'd much rather see Punk v. Lesnar. Punk would do well with him.

There is no way I could take a Punk/Lesnar feud seriously. There's just no way Punk can look credible. Hell, Cena barely looks like he's in his league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back