• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Report: Batista Screwed Over By WWE?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There's been no shortage of controversy, discussion and outright debate when it comes to Batista's return to WWE in late January. The first third of this year was extremely hectic with Batista returning after nearly four years and being handed a prime spot at WrestleMania ahead of wrestlers like CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. Reportedly, Batista was set to win the WWE WHC at WrestleMania XXX after winning the Royal Rumble, CM Punk was to take on Triple H and Daniel Bryan was to feud with Sheamus. The post Royal Rumble Raw saw CM Punk simply walk out of WWE, allegedly unhappy with his push and how he was being used. Batista's return wasn't greeted with the adulation that WWE officials were hoping for or expecting.

Over the past few weeks, there've been reports about Batista being unhappy with how he's been used by the company to the degree that, allegedly, he's leaving earlier than expected so he can start promotional work for Guardians of the Galaxy. Other reports suggest that the original plan for Batista was to face Daniel Bryan at Payback for the WWE WHC before leaving to start pushing the movie, but that Batista didn't want to job out because he felt losing to someone so much smaller than himself so soon before his first major role in a blockbuster film comes out could hurt his image.

A report from prowrestling.net, however, disputes those reports citing comments gathered from "a source with knowledge of the situation." This source states: "WWE wants that story out, but it's all twisted," the source told Prowrestling.net on Monday night. Batista would do five jobs for Bryan. They've f---ed him in money, booking, broken promises relating to his schedule, and promoting his outside projects. Had that not happened, he would be around until late June, but because Vince f---ed him, he's not, so they dragged Daniel Bryan into this to vilify Batista. Daniel is beloved and a martyr so he benefits, but it has nothing to do with jobbing. They've twisted. It's classic Vince. Look at Ultimate Warrior and SummerSlam, Bret Hart in Montreal. Vince puts out his narrative. There are always two sides."

Of course, who this alleged source is and what his/her knowledge about this situation is remains a mystery so, like any other report, you have to take it for what it's worth.

I'd have no real trouble believing either side as legit because we all know that pro wrestling can very much be a political snake pit. It's easy to believe either side when you consider Vince and Batista. Vince is a control freak of legendary status with an ego that no arena or stadium can hold at times while Batista carries himself as though he's a living god among insects. I can see Vince backing out on promises he's made, he's done it before after all, I'm sure he'll do it again at some point. I can also see Batista's ego being bruised because fans prefer Daniel Bryan who, based on past statements Batista has made, views as inferior to himself because he doesn't look like a superman. Because of the overwhelming preference for Bryan in the eyes of fans, of course plans regarding Batista would have to change. On the flip side, I can also understand the notion of Vince being pissed if Batista does want to leave early. If Vince promised the moon & stars and ultimately couldn't deliver, he comes off as having the mind set of someone who'd very much still feel that Batista owes the company.

As I said, I could see either side as being true. There's probably some degree of truth to both sides and some degree of both sides attempting to paint the other as the "bad guy" in the situation. It's easy to believe that Vince is screwing Batista over given what we've heard and read about him over the years. It's easy to believe that is having a tantrum because he's ultimately just not getting to relive his glory days as he originally thought he would.

I didn't believe the story that Batista refused to lose to Bryan anyway. When Bryan was just a guy on NXT and wasn't winning, Batista was one of the few opponents to make him look his equal before he beat him. There's respect there in my opinion.

Batista should likely be annyoyed by how his return to WWE has gone, but maybe he should've been more aware of Bryan's popularity and his own.

This is classic WWE. They like to change the narrative to fit their side of events and its only after the revisionist history is written that people stop to wonder why. Quite honestly, I think Batista has the right to feel upset if the rumors about broken promises with scheduling and lower money being true. They never did that to The Rock and they shouldn't do it with Batista. To be fair, no one in WWE goes without being "screwed over" in some form or fashion. WWE is notorious for using workers to get what they want and then ignoring their contributions or outright shafting them afterwards. If Batista leaves this time, it will be entirely WWE's fault and it'll be interesting to see how they choose to smear him like they have others....

All I know is if this is true and Vinnie Mac is shafting Batista, he has every right to be upset. Think about it this way: Your boss tells you that you're going to get a raise, a promotion, etc. and it's all coming soon and then "Sorry, but I can't afford to give you a raise, and someone else is getting your promotion. Hope there's no hard feelings."

WWE shouldn't even bother with Current movies and or stars & just focus on themself's. when the rock came back he got the WWE Title. Did he even promote the WWE ? NO he promoted Fast 5. WWE Tries to promote batista for his movie but he can't even be around to be in the ring. Will he even promote WWE Or will he Promote the movie while hes gone.

Look at Kane he has to leave soon too to do his movie leaving yet another gap in the WWE Title picture. Maybe vince see's this point & shafted him. No good ever comes from wrestlers doing movies, WWE promotes them & the movies never promote wrestlers either than mentioning their name

Confirms what I've been suspecting. WWE has finally figured out the IWC and they are manipulating the crap out us by leaking what they want to to these websites, social media, etc. Eventually they will own it.

It wouldn't shock me if Vince lied. Vince is a promoter, and promoters will lie their asses off to protect the bottom line, and make as much money as possible.

Not the biggest fan of Batista, and I'm not sympathizing with the guy, but I'll look at this with common sense from Batista's POV.

Is there a chance Batista is seriously upset and pissed off? It's not out of the realm of possibility at all. Batista returned with the belief of main eventing Wrestlemania XXX against Randy Orton. But the fans hijacked WWE's plans, and they spared no mercy shitting on Batista left and right with consistent boos. The fans did not want Batista ANYWHERE near the WWE WHC picture, and they made it painfully clear week after week.

Instead, Daniel Bryan, the real fan favorite, took center stage as the star in the WWE WHC picture. Before his walk out, CM Punk was the one, who was on a collision course with a match for Triple H. Just think about the scuffle during The Ascension ceremony for Orton VS Cena at TLC, and Punk was hell bent on a one on one confrontation with Triple H for weeks. So it wouldn't surprise me if Batista raised hell with a "Who the hell is this Daniel Bryan guy? Coming out of nowhere to steal my spot?" because we all know the stories about Batista's massive ego in real life.

With that said, IF Batista is upset about losing to Bryan again, because he believes another loss to Bryan will hurt his image before Guardians Of The Galaxy, then he needs to get over himself. It's not 2005 anymore, and CLEARLY Batista is not the same guy. Old age will catch up to all us at some point, but the facts are the facts. Batista returned with poor cardio and in ring shape.

If Batista consistently delivered quality matches, if the crowds welcomed him with positive reactions during his return, if they favored him over Daniel Bryan, then I could could understand where Batista's coming from, if all the reports are true. But it's hard to sympathize with the guy, when everything is the complete opposite, and you get the impression Batista is very delusional and naive.

In the end, there's a big hole in logic with the "WWE screwed Batista" stuff. As I said before, Bryan was nowhere near the WWE WHC picture, Batista won the Rumble (why would WWE and Vince book Batista to win the Rumble, if they didn't have big plans for him?), and before his walk out, CM Punk was headed for a feud with Triple H. The fans rejected Batista as this returning hero to dethrone Orton, and you can't take the chance of a Wrestlemania crowd shitting on and hijacking the main event, so plans changed to insert Daniel Bryan in the WWE WHC picture.

Simplest solution for me is he shouldn't have never come back at all if either scenario was going to be a problem.

Have no sympathy for him, his ego outweighed his common sense when he was promised the main event @ WMXXX and subsequent title run. Can't blame WWE if the fans got sick of him. Its a money-making business, fans don't like what they see, they won't spend the money, hence why DB was inserted into the main event.

I can't blame Batista if he is upset getting shafted he was promised something that wasn't given to him. But the fault all lies in the WWE the folks backstage were too stubborn to realize what they had in Daniel Bryan and tried everything in their power to take him away from the title picture.

When fans finally voice out their anger and dissatisfaction it was during the Rumble where Batista was caught in the crossfire of all this. It put a lot of heat on Batista since he was the hand picked star to win the Rumble and eventually the World Title at WM.

If WWE just listened to the fans and went along the logical path of Bryan winning the Rumble and going to WM this could all have been avoided.

They could have still signed Batista give him a program with another superstar (like Sheamus) and it would have been all good.

Oh poor Batista, getting screwed by the big wwe machine. Must be tough - get brought back and put in the main event picture instantly, main storyline, probably a better check than most talent. Yeah, I'd be pissed too.

Not saying that wwe isn't screwing around as we know they are but Batista is hardly the poster boy for this. He has been treated extremely well since his return, better than a lot of guys would be. And it isn't just him getting screwed around, all the talent is right now since the network was launched. He isn't the only one. What I find funny is that when Punk walked because of similar issues, people were all over him for it but when Batista doesn't want to do the job because wwe is screwing him around, suddenly that's okay. Why shouldn't he just do what is needed and smile?

If If If these reports are true,i can see both sides of the coin.. Batista thinks he deserves the moon and the stars and beyond. He wanted to come back,be handed the keys to the kingdom like the rock was handed,and be admired and cheered..

Pro wrestling in general has always been a snakepit and always will be.. Its very political more so than any of us will ever know.. If he was promised a title run,x amount of money,dates whatever was in his contract then i can see him being pissed if Vince did indeed screw him out of what was promised..

That i can see him having a gripe. But then again if he promised to job to Bryan after signing on the dotted line getting his money,and changing his mind about jobbing to Daniel,then i can see WWE having a problem with him..

I dont think either Batista or the WWE took into account when he returned,the amount of heat batista would be getting. Im sure both he and the wwe thought he be welcomed back with arms wide open and that didnt even come close to happening..

If Batista little ego thought it would be damaged to lose to bryan at payback,that goes to show you how far batista has fallen.. It would be quite the opposite,but in all honesty if he thought that would damage his role in Guardians of Galaxy (Which BTW if you seen the trailer the only thing that would be damaged,would be those who pay to see the movie)..

AT the end of the day IMO its hard to say which side is right.. Batista thinks he is god and can walk on water but if the WWE did make promises to him and screwed him,i can see even batista having a right to moan and piss

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back