• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Remembering The Shows:LOST

Any007

Occasional Pre-Show
lost-abc.png

My favourite show ever.
Lost is an American television series that originally aired on the American Broadcasting Company (ABC) between 2004 and 2010, consisting of six seasons. Lost is a drama series that follows the lives of various individuals and groups of people, most importantly the survivors of the crash of a commercial passenger jet flying between Sydney and Los Angeles, on a mysterious tropical island somewhere in the South Pacific Ocean. The story is told in a heavily serialized manner. Episodes typically feature a primary storyline on the island, as well as a secondary storyline from another point in a character's life.
Lost was created by Jeffrey Lieber, J. J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof who share story-writing credits for the pilot episode, which Abrams directed. Throughout the show's run, Lindelof and Carlton Cuse served as showrunners and head writers, working together with a large number of other executive producers and writers. Due to its large ensemble cast and the cost of filming primarily on location in Oahu, Hawaii, the series was one of the most expensive on television.The fictional universe and mythology of Lost is expanded upon by a number of related media, most importantly a series of short mini-episodes called Missing Pieces, and a 12-minute epilogue titled "The New Man in Charge."
A critically acclaimed and popular success, Lost was consistently ranked by US critics on their lists of top ten series of all time.The first season garnered an average of 15.69 million US viewers per episode on ABC.During its sixth and final season, the show averaged over 11 million US viewers per episode. Lost was the recipient of hundreds of US award nominations throughout its run, and won numerous industry awards, including the Emmy Award for US primetime Outstanding Drama Series in 2005,Best American Import at the British Academy Television Awards in 2005, the Hollywood Foreign Press Association Golden Globe Award for Best Drama in 2006 and a US Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Ensemble in a Drama Series.

So were you a fan of the show?What you think of the show?

AND PLEASE NO SPOILERS for those who haven't seen it.

Quite probably the greatest show I've ever seen. The quality of writing, the massive entangled universe, the characters, the all-encompassing themes, the visual style, the mystery, the philosophy, Lost is the very definition of epic.
I'm aware that some people hated the ending and it did catch me offguard on first viewing but in retrospect, those last couple of minutes with Christian completely redefined my perception of the programme and took it from "Mystery Island" into something so much deeper. It was final brilliant twist and a shame not everyone got it.

Oddly enough I never heard of this show until I seen it on Netflix Instant. That's exactly how often I paid attention to television shows on the air at present dates. Now, that being excluded I'm happy I was able to ignore this show until I could watch it without having to wait each week for a new episode.

LOST was, no IS, without question my favorite television show to this day. It had some hang-ups toward Season 4, as if they weren't really sure which way to go from where they were, but it rebounded quite nicely and had me hanging on each and every episode until the very Finale.

I was unsure how the show would work considering it had several "main characters" to follow, and practically ALL of Season's 1 and 2 were developmental as far as introductions to each individual character. Heck, even Season 3 and 4 was introducing more names and characters that ended up being "Main" cast members.

It's hard to continue explaining anything as far as likes and dislikes without involving spoilers, so I'll just wrap it up by saying the show was a roller coaster of emotions. It was a great drama, and one that may likely never be duplicated.

Lost is my favourite show ever, it just stayed great from start to finish it was just great. I mean the first season saw them surviving the plain crash, to the others invasion, to the dharma initiative to time travel, the show had it all. Everything about it was great, spectacular, epic! Plus the actors just fit their spots to an absolute tee!

I have not yet seen the final season, apart from the last episode, my TV blew up on me just before the final season began so I will buy season 6 on DVD and relive and catch up on the greatness that is Lost.

In short Lost is the greatest TV series ever! If you havent seen it, see it, live it, bare witness to the greatest piece of television in television history!

Probably my favorite show............ever. I was one of the few that stuck by Jack for the entire series. I don't know how the rest of the world was doing but the fans of Jack in my circle of friends went from about 8 to 1. Everyone else got tired of his "gotta save everyone" mentality but that's what drew me to him. So many other great characters my favorites being Ben, Hurley and Desmond. At first the ending really spun me in the wrong direction and I was disappointed but within a few days I had rethought and watched it and I found myself satisfied. I'm a little miffed at some of the dropped plot's, especially Walt's but I understand he was aging too fast but I really want to know why..........
he was different ("special"/"someplace he wasn't supposed to be"/on one outtake he was in a hut and there were dead birds all around it like the one that flew into the sliding door when he was living in Australia).

Probably my favorite show............ever. I was one of the few that stuck by Jack for the entire series. I don't know how the rest of the world was doing but the fans of Jack in my circle of friends went from about 8 to 1. Everyone else got tired of his "gotta save everyone" mentality but that's what drew me to him. So many other great characters my favorites being Ben, Hurley and Desmond. At first the ending really spun me in the wrong direction and I was disappointed but within a few days I had rethought and watched it and I found myself satisfied. I'm a little miffed at some of the dropped plot's, especially Walt's but I understand he was aging too fast but I really want to know why..........
he was different ("special"/"someplace he wasn't supposed to be"/on one outtake he was in a hut and there were dead birds all around it like the one that flew into the sliding door when he was living in Australia).

He didn't age fast, By the course of 4 seasons what did you expect? For him to just stay a little kid. Besides Walt's plot kind of ended when Michael kind of went cuckoo.

He didn't age fast, By the course of 4 seasons what did you expect? For him to just stay a little kid. Besides Walt's plot kind of ended when Michael kind of went cuckoo.

Why are you here nitpicking everyone's post without contributing anything. Your initial post was one sentence and everything afterwards qualifies as bitching. And they've stated many times that he looked older than they had thought he was going to and therefore dropped his storyline. Four seasons is only roughly four months in LOST time. He, on the other hand, looked 4 years older. Yes, I know in reality he was four years older but to the viewer there would be no way to explain why his character was suddenly so much older.

Happy?

I recently felt the itch to go back and watch all of this show from start to finish but when I think about the ending, I don't think I can do that to myself.

Lost, for all intents and purposes, was a fantastic show but it all circled around the final conclusion, like most things do. Once you have seen the ending, there is no way that you are going to enjoy the show half as much as you did when you were watching it back during it's initial run. Until this point, I have been fruitless in that endeavour. However, I promised myself that I will go back and watch it from the very beginning and that is what I will do at some point.

The show, however, was amazing at times. The intrigue in the first seasons as something to behold and everyone was talking about it. There was no one I knew that wasn't a fan of Lost in the opening seasons but as the show rolled on, they decided that they had better things to do. I guess it comes down to the fact that they were stalling for time a lot of the episodes. They knew how they wanted to end the show and they wanted to reach that conclusion as soon as possible. However, with all of the pressure on the show by ABC, they simply couldn't end it after two seasons. And they could have, trust me.

So, they were forced to drag it out over 6 seasons to keep people watching the channel and keep the revenue stream flowing quite freely. I would have liked the show so much more if they had just finished it off after 3 seasons and I think that is universally true of most people. The ending was good but not enough people got to see it because of how long it dragged on without anything happening for long periods of time.

There are plenty of TV shows that everyone loved, that got rave reviews and that I never got round to watching. Lost is one of those. Almost everyone I know was really into the show, including my brother, but I have never seen a single episode.

I have a feeling that he ended up buying the box set of it, so when I am next round at my parents house I will ask him to lend it to me if he has. I have always fancied watching the show, but I think its something you need to watch from the beginning so I would have to get my hands on the 1st series and start from there.

Its good that everyone here likes it too, I dont think I have ever heard anything bad about the show, except I seem to remember a few people saying the ending was pretty shitty, but I may be wrong...

Why are you here nitpicking everyone's post without contributing anything. Your initial post was one sentence and everything afterwards qualifies as bitching. And they've stated many times that he looked older than they had thought he was going to and therefore dropped his storyline. Four seasons is only roughly four months in LOST time. He, on the other hand, looked 4 years older. Yes, I know in reality he was four years older but to the viewer there would be no way to explain why his character was suddenly so much older.

Happy?

This is discussion, you need to calm down. But with all the timelines, and such in Lost it his very hard to say what would be 4 years or 4 months,

This is discussion, you need to calm down. But with all the timelines, and such in Lost it his very hard to say what would be 4 years or 4 months,

Look, sorry if I was snippy but the fact is, I know what I'm talking about. Walt's story wasn't finished yet. And by the way, I'm not an idiot. No, I didn't think he was going to look the same after 4 years and it's something the writers didn't take into account. Because by the time they were ready to start writing his story he was looking older faster than they thought he would. That's why Walt's character was written out of the show (except the one other episode he appeared in talking with Locke).

Once again, sorry for bitching. I was just irritated that you didn't seem to believe or understand what I was saying and it seemed you were replying just to pick at people's responses instead of offering your own feelings on the show.

I miss Lost so much it's unbelievable. Lost used to be such a big part of my life, from the actual show, from forums i went on to after watching it and staying up until 6am when i had school in the morning to watch the finale, it had me hooked.
The plot sometimes was a bit iffy and they killed off characters (see Boone, Michael, Libby and Walt) but the way they developed the characters is something that no other tv show has achieved or will ever achieve.
Recently, i watched all the episodes back and the first two season are just unbelievable. The writing is perfect and the character depth reached is crazy good. Desmond has to be my favourite character (I'm Scottish) but characters like Hugo, Jack, Kate and Locke aren't far behind! God, I miss it so much.
''Live together, die alone''

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back