• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Remember when women got their asses kicked in wrestling?

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
In the mid-'90's during the ECW "revolution" era. We've seen wrestling valets/female managers get their asses handed to them in the ring...by male wrestlers! Who could forget the time when Tommy Dreamer put his now-wife in a piledriver in the middle of the ECW ring! Along with other female managers in ECW to go along with.

As we know WWF/E chairman Vince McMahon supposily "borrowed" some of ECW's "Atittude" to help his company come back from losing ratings to rival WCW. And he did that by late 1997, and the rest is history. But in mid to late 2000 we saw the then known "Goodfather" (The Godfather) along with the heel faction known at that time as "The Right to Censor" (lead by Stevie Richards) powerbomb one of his former hoe's (Victoria/Tara) through a table on RAW. Making that the first time in WWF/E history that a female manager/valet got attacked by a male wrestler.

Now adays in the WWE the company is rated "PG", so there will be no more women getting their asses kicked by male wrestlers. And over in TNA that has yet to happen. Personally I am not in favor of men hitting women PERIOD! But since wrestling it's self is so "soap opera", do you think in the near future that both companies will resort back to men putting their hands on women? Me, after that whole thing in music where singer Chris Brown beat up Rihanna, I hope not!

Actually you had Austin stunner Chyna at No Way Out in Feb 98 and Moolah and Mae Young were both put through tables by the Dudley's before RTC were on the scene but, never mind..

As for male on female violence, I've always preferred it when you want the face to smack the heel woman upside the head but never quite getting to. It's one of the staples of wrestling (manager type escaping from a beating just about) and always manages to get a crowd reaction.

That's one of the dark days things that's gone away now...although it could quite easily happen during Hardcore Justice on Sunday

I do not think a kid would want to drop kick his mom if he saw Kofi give Vickie one good kick in the head, which would have been the perfect ending to to Dolphs post IC title win beat-down.

I miss it.

Yeah it can be good on occasions and could even work in the PG era if done right for example this week on SD after Vickie cost him the match I expected him to go after her aswell as Dolph, I think that would have been really good as she just cost him the title and he wanted revenge.

I like a match where a considerably powerful woman can go up against a man.
I loved watching Chyna try and go for men.
Why does it have to be, I am a woman, I can only go after woman.

I'd love to see Natalya go up against the male gender...obviously not high carders but some of the mid card wrestlers would be more then believable

I remember plenty of times where Lita was hurt a man. Matt Hardy did the Twist Of Fate on her before. Heck, she got beat down with a chair by both HHH and Stone Cold. I can't remember if it was Right to Censor or the Dudleyz, but one of those teams did their finisher on Lita. Plus, before the whole love triangle angle, I remember Edge spearing her as well.

But look at it this way, it makes both the male and female look stronger (at least in Lita's case). It makes the male look strong because he has no heart and is a monster heel that will even beat up a girl to be on top. Plus, it makes her look stronger because she can take that kind of abuse from a guy.

I kind of liked women-men fights because it helps women to be tougher and not seen as Barbie Dolls.

I am so glad that this shit doesn't happen in WWE anymore. IMO, the only good thing about WWE'S PG rating is that it forbids all the men beating up women garbage. There is no place for male violence against women anywhere. Not in wrestling, movies, on TV, in real life, ANYWHERE!!!!!! I remember I would be pissed at a wrestler for weeks, even months for beating up a woman on WWE TV. In fact, to this day I am still pissed at Christian for beating up Trish Stratus in 2001. Yes I know they eventually scerwed over Chris Jericho together and hooked up a Wrestlemania X7, but I don't care. I will always hate Christian for that reason and I dont give a damn what anyone thinks about me for it.

Sorry for the rant, but this issue always gets my blood boiling!:mad:

I am so glad that this shit doesn't happen in WWE anymore. IMO, the only good thing about WWE'S PG rating is that it forbids all the men beating up women garbage. There is no place for male violence against women anywhere. Not in wrestling, movies, on TV, in real life, ANYWHERE!!!!!! I remember I would be pissed at a wrestler for weeks, even months for beating up a woman on WWE TV. In fact, to this day I am still pissed at Christian for beating up Trish Stratus in 2001. Yes I know they eventually scerwed over Chris Jericho together and hooked up a Wrestlemania X7, but I don't care. I will always hate Christian for that reason and I dont give a damn what anyone thinks about me for it.

Sorry for the rant, but this issue always gets my blood boiling!:mad:
It sounds like you need to go a have a talk with Dr. Phil a-sap!

1. When did Christian ever put his hands on Trish Stratus?

2. It was Wrestlemania 20 not 17.

3. Get over it! Men on Women violence will continue to exist if we like it or not.

It depends on how it is used. The accidental bump , the strong woman wrestler taking on a man or the teased , but interupted by the last minute save I can see. I don't miss the man on women violence thing at all really. It basically sent Randy Savage packing from the WCW after he slapped Gorgeous George on Monday night Nitro and rightfully so. What Randy did that night went way over the line and qualified more as domestic abuse then entertainment! Glorifing male on female abuse has no place on tv as society already has enough problems with that issue.

It sounds like you need to go a have a talk with Dr. Phil a-sap!

1. When did Christian ever put his hands on Trish Stratus?

2. It was Wrestlemania 20 not 17.

3. Get over it! Men on Women violence will continue to exist if we like it or not.

Ok I was wrong about WM 17 Christian vs. Jericho WAS at #2O, but Christtian DID kick her ass before on a Raw before Mania. And it was just sick to look at, I just can't get that image out of my head. Every time I see Christian, him beating Trish is the first thing I think of.

But I will not just get over it! This is a very senstiive issue with me and lets leave it at that!!

Ok I was wrong about WM 17 Christian vs. Jericho WAS at #2O, but Christtian DID kick her ass before on a Raw before Mania. And it was just sick to look at, I just can't get that image out of my head. Every time I see Christian, him beating Trish is the first thing I think of.

But I will not just get over it! This is a very senstiive issue with me and lets leave it at that!!
Ma'am! Don't be a mark wrestling fan! Wrestling is all scripted. Christian doesn't go around beating women for a living in his spare time. Christian happens to be married ( to Denise Reso for years) and I doubt that Christian is getting his "Ike Turner" on at home in Tampa, Florida.

It was all an angle! Christian beat up Trish to throw off the WWE universe from Trish's heel turn at WM 20 to side with Christian in the storyline. The only wrestler "woman beater" who put his hands on a female in-real life is Rhyno. When the manbeast got into a fight with his ex-wife in a hotel lobby during Wrestlemania 21 weekend in L.A.

Go mean mugg him whenever you see Rhyno on TV!

It was all an angle! Christian beat up Trish to throw off the WWE universe from Trish's heel turn at WM 20 to side with Christian in the storyline. The only wrestler "woman beater" who put his hands on a female in-real life is Rhyno. When the manbeast got into a fight with his ex-wife in a hotel lobby during Wrestlemania 21 weekend in L.A.

Jericho punched a woman in the head when he was here for a live event, Austin went to court for hitting his wife as well (dunno if that one was fully true or not still) there have been many others, but i agree with you 100% that you can NOT take Christian hitting Trish serious.. i mean, Austin hit Lita with a chair, Rock hit Trish with a chair, Dudley's put 2 or 3 women threw tables Vince beat the SHIT out of stephanie, as did a few others (HHH being one). it's all a play. an act. can NOT take that sht serious, no matter what, sensitive issue or not, those women agreed to do it, and a lot got much praise from it as well

Yeh..

When Dudleys used to powerbomb divas on a table...Chyna was the closes thing you had to a man and was damn good...no wonder they allowed her in 2 consecutive rumble matches..

I think todays wrestling, we have 2 divas similar to chyna...they are natalya and beth pheonix...they are both big in their own way, they have muscle, and look like they can both sit on every other diva out there...I would love for them to have a match at next years WM! and also I think they could easily beat up some of the wrestlers e.g. zack ryder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back