Regarding TNA and recent WWE releases

Status
Not open for further replies.

itbewilly

Pre-Show Stalwart
Im just curious why anytime anyone is announced on wrestlerzone as being released by WWE it only takes 5 minutes before 5 post's are made about the said released person joining TNA.Really what does TNA stand to gain bringing in all the WWE guys.Why do people even want them to sign all these WWE guys?

My guess is most of you did not watch too closely when WCW started to go under.When they were picking up(and i know the circumstances were different as WCW was buying guys out from under Vince)WWE talent their own talent that had plenty of potential grew disgruntled and that lead to guys like Eddie Jericho and Benoit to jumping to WWE.

The reason i made this post is because i think TNA should refrain from grabbing anyone WWE cuts.Over time guys like A.j Styles and other TNA faithfuls will start to sour on the company they helped build and Vince being the business man his is will capitalize on this and take guys that put TNA on the map and be left in the same position WCW was in during its downfall if TNA continues bringing in WWE guys and cutting into their loyal wrestlers t.v time.

TNA seems to need every axed WWE star they can get, cause they talk so damn much on that show! I think I only started paying attention after Kurt Angle was on, but he never wrestles anymore! If the style of the show is Jarrett's idea, then he needs to get back in the ring and hire some new creative talent. I really like Jeff, but his show bores me to death. Daniels is way hot, so let him start every show and then I can go to bed early. The mafia story is great, but those guys made their names with their wrestling skills, not their mouths. I wish Nash would get busy or just retire, Big Sexy just looks like Big Stiff posing in his suit every week. Dudleys need their own adult swim show already, they've proven their entertainment value for decades. And if the wrestling world loves Foley forever cause he's so numb to pain, fine. But to me he's just old and fat, when wrestling is supposed to be guys always on the road and doing house shows and staying in shape. WCW is not a failure just because it folded, it was huge in its time and deserves to be studied and sampled from. To me wrestling is like baseball, and I like my favorite players no matter what team they play for.

The problem WCW had was signing ex-WWF guys and giving them creative control over their characters and storylines. A lot of WWE fans are just that, they are WWE fans, not wrestling fans. If that's ever going to change and TNA is going to bring them over, they're going to have to pick up guys that they are familiar with. No I don't think every guy WWE drops should get a TNA title shot but I do think that bringing them in at manageable contracts and having guys like Styles/Joe/Daniels/Storm/Roode etc... go over them would be good for business.

I personally do not care for Umaga and if I had a choice I wouldn't watch him. But it's a good business decision to bring him in. The more familiar faces WWE fans and casual fans have to cling to in TNA the better. Younger guys who have potential such as Kennedy and Elijah Burke are great pickups anyway. Lashley is purely a name pickup. To have a guy who was once headling PPVs with Vince McMahon and Donald Trump and in the mainstream media is also good for business.

If TNA can afford to bring in guys they definitely should. Let's say that Cade/Murdoch, London/Kendrick and Cryme Tyme were all released at the same time and TNA had a tag tournament and a team like MCMG or Beer Money went over all of them and The Dudleys, that would be quite a stepping stone to legitimizing the tag divisions...especially in the eyes of WWE fans. What if they got Lita and Trish Stratus to sign and had someone go over them both, as well as Victoria...that would likely legitimize the Knockout division more in the WWE fans eyes than that fact that current TNA women are much better wrestlers. Even adding a guy like Taz to the announcing team (if he does indeed do so) would provide a familiar voice for WWE fans.

Not pushing ex-WWE guys to the stars (not everyone needs or deserves a title), signing them to manageable contracts, not giving them creative control, and continued development of "TNA Originals" is key to TNA growing.

Yea that's another part i left out.It will not hurt TNA as long as they do not start handing out contracts with creative control.The most insane case of a talent being given creative control has to be Bill Goldberg.The guy was new and did not need creative control.Manage the new stars from wwe well and do not start putting their own stars on the back burners and TNA will be great.

I just would hate to see TNA lose guys like A.j Styles because they fear history repeating itself.

The problem with your theory about people like AJ Styles jumping to WWE is, almost everyone in the IWC has told me that not many wrestling fans know about TNA. It really doesnt matter if that is true or not, and I dont know how it could be true, but if TNA doesnt use AJ right, he'll have to enter the WWE as a Evan Bourne did. No knock on Evan Bourne, or the wrestlers from TNA who made the jump to WWE, but I dont see any new wrestlers setting the WWE world on fire. WWE wrestlers who have made the jump to TNA, normally gain a title and are fetured in their divison.

Team 3D= Tag titles
Kurt Angle= TNA title
Booker T=Legends title
Christian Cage= NWA-TNA title
Rhino=NWA-TNA title
Victoria= Soon to be Knockouts title shot
Abdul Bashir= X divison title

TNA Wrestlers who made the jump to WWE

Mickie James = Womans title
CM Punk= x2 World Champion
Ron Killings= US title shot

I cant help but fell like Im missing someone.

The simple answer to this is because TNA is the only other “real” option in the United States. ROH this and ROH that, until I see ROH on TV, without having to call my cable provider, then Vince owns the Wrestling Universe and TNA is a Nation within it, period (puns intended). Every time someone leaves WWE or TNA, the automatic assumption is they are going to the other side. There are really only two “sides” here, especially for those that made it to either WWE or TNA. Look at it like this, WWE = WWF, WCW = TNA, ECW = ROH. When things like this were taking place back then, didn’t we see the same thing??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back