• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Redemption: Everest vs. Barbosa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
These two men have been making a lot of brief encounters over the past month, ranging as far back to the Lethal Lottery. But recently Barbosa has upped the anti with his allegiance with Hunter Kravinoff and targeting those who stand in people's way and this has lead to focus more on the WZCW Legend. These two will hopefully settle the score when they meet in the ring at Redemption, will Barbosa be triumphant in his quest or will Everest teach him a thing or two about respect?

Deadline is Tuesday 7th June 23:59 EST

*The poker room is seen again and this time all four Barbosas are present. The Catatonic lies asleep in the corner while the Smoker and Depressive are playing chess at the table. However, the Manic looks more hyperactive than normal and is stamping around the room almost in a frenzy.*

Manic: How could they do that to the defenceless brother of psycho hose beast theory?

The Smoker: "The father of psycho-analysis"

Manic: How could they do that to Hunt?

The Smoker: It was a picture.

Manic: He was not even a trained wrestler!

The Smoker: It… was… a… pic… ture.

Manic: We never thought that Daverest were such heartless animals.

The Smoker: We thought it was hilarious.

*The Smoker gestures towards the Depressive.*

The Smoker: Even our esteemed leader nearly cracked a smile. Serves him right for trying to muscle in on our rightful place as King For A Day.

*The Manic continues to ignore to snide comments of his compatriots.*

Manic: We have to help him. We have to help Hunt. He must be crushed. Maybe… maybe we could get him a gift.

The Smoker: How about a picture?

Manic: Yeah! Maybe a nice framed picture of Frend will raise Hunt’s spirits for his match with Dave.

The Smoker: Freud.

Manic: What?

*Before the exasperated Smoker deals out some verbal and physical pain, the Depressive hands the Manic a piece of paper.*

Depressive: Yes, a picture would be a good idea.

*The Manic looks at that paper. A familiar look of confusion washes over his face.*

LucienFreud.jpg

I was going to be a psychiatrist, but I was a-Freud

Manic: We do not get it.

Depressive: We are sure that the Hunter will appreciate it.

Manic: But…

The Smoker: Just go.

Manic: Oh, okay.

*As the Manic scurries out of the room, the Depressive and Smoker return to their chess. After an extended period where the only thing audible being the rhythmic rasp of the Catatonic’s somnolence, the Smoker interrupts the quasi-silence.*

The Smoker: Well, if we ever needed anymore proof of the conspiracy, we got it on Ascension.

*The Depressive stares intently at the board studying his next move and does not reply.*

The Smoker: Big Dave was so sure that he would not have to defend his King For A Day briefcase against us or Kravinoff – like he knew that no matter what we did, how many times we decisively defeated him he would not have to put his title shot on the line, like he knew he was being protected.

Depressive: It would certainly seem to put a damper on our World Title aspirations.

The Smoker: And now rather than being in a position to take the briefcase at Redemption or take out Ty, we are stuck in a meaningless contest with a “veteran.”

Depressive: It would seem we have to earn a title shot the hard way by impressing those who currently have no wish of seeing us in the main event.

The Smoker: Speaking of that, Everest’s willingness to face us in a one-on-one match is further evidence of the growing plot.

After our altercation in the Lethal Lottery, we followed him around; questioned his manhood as a modern day castrato; called him a geriatric dinosaur; accused him of piggy-backing on the successes of others; ridiculed his lack of a major victory since the Fall of Man and anytime our paths have crossed in the ring, he has either tasted resounding defeat or has turned tail and fled in the face of our onslaught and yet he chooses now.

But why after all these months has he finally decided that now is the time to face us? He must also know that he has some kind of protection from up on high.

*The Depressive rolls his eyes at another mention of the ‘conspiracy’ but chooses to ignore it.*

The Smoker: So you have a plan then?

Depressive: We just follow some of the advice put forward by Mr Morgan.

*This stratagem shocks the Smoker somewhat and he straightens up in his chair with a look of concern on his face.*

The Smoker: You cannot be serious? How can we listen to anything that that moron suggests?

Depressive: Despite his predominant folly, Mr Morgan occasionally stumbles upon a pearl of wisdom. Indeed, it is a simpleton like him that can provide not only the simplest but also the most effective plan.

The Smoker: And what is that?

Depressive: As the victories we have achieved seem to mean very little to those in charge, we need to instead dole out some object lessons to catch the attention of the match makers.

The Smoker: But if these conspirators are so set against us getting into the world title picture then what use will it do?

Depressive: But there would be no stopping us getting a World Title shot if everyone else – David Bail, Lee Avison, Austin Reid, David Cougar, Robert Morales, Juan Ruiz – were in the hospital or on the injured list.

*The Smoker brightens up at the suggestion.*

The Smoker: We like the sound of where this is going…

Depressive: Nathaniel Grayson is first on our list to receive the Tucker Graham treatment. He has felt the devastation of the Doppelgänger before and we must make sure that he feels it again before we squeeze the life out of him.

The Smoker: Are you suggesting that we kill him?

Depressive: ‘Kill’ is such a strong word. We prefer “permanently deprive him of his wrestling career” and then we continue the escalation of violence on whoever ends up in our path next.

The Smoker: Oooh, we like the sound of this even more – proving a point by unleashing our worst side. We cannot wait for Redemption now.

Depressive: One thing is certain… this game of thrones may only have just begun but we do not intend to lose.

*With that seemingly final pronouncement, the Smoker makes his next move.*

The Smoker: Haha! Checkmate!

Depressive: No, it isn’t…

*The Depressive makes his own move.*

Depressive: But that is.

The Smoker: Ah sh...

Two large elaborate wooden doors are shown from the inside. The doors are closed and as the camera pans the room it becomes obviously that the room is full of reporters and editors and television anchors who are waiting for some sort of press conference to start. After a brief introduction by an anonymous WZCW staffer, the doors swing open almost violently and in steps none other than WZCW’s resident “Veteran” -- Everest. He’s dressed for a press conference too, he’s got the $400 dress shirt and the designer dress pants. He’s got more gold on his right wrist than some champions wear around their waist. He sports the alligator skin shoes and comes with his tux coat slung over one shoulder and his hair cropped nicely against his head. It’s easy to see he has come prepared for today’s event. The only odd thing is he has some sort of “picture” in his other hand.

Everest heads straight to the podium, shakes hands with the staffer and gets straight to the point.

EVEREST: Hello everyone and thanks for coming out. WZCW’s Redemption is just around the corner and it seems that over at corporate headquarters it seems my name was the unfortunate one to get pulled from the hat to do the promotional work for this here pay per view.

So here goes, WZCW’s Redemption is going to be the biggest baddest pay per view this year and at just $39.99 its a steal Lindsey Lohan can be proud of. You’ll get all the standard fare here, World Titles, Grudge Matches, Tag Team title, Midgets, Diva’s, midget diva’s, our first ever “Can Wasbi Toyota ACTUALLY fit in a Toyota” Challenge.

You’ll get superstars such as Ty Burma, Showtime Cougar, the Brother’s In Arms, Austin Reynolds and Titus. Also going to be there will be Constantine, Steve Kurtesy, Alex Bowen along with Big Dave, Hunter Kravinoff, Barbosa and myself, Everest.

You know those last two I mentioned though, I want to stop there and talk about that. You see WZCW obviously wants me to thrust our three way World title match down your throat with Ty, Showtime and Austin Reynolds but come on who of any of you hasn’t already wrote or said everything you’re going to write or say about that match up.

Now Barbosa and Everest? You see that’s a match up that isn’t catching a lot of attention and not turning a lot of heads. You see Barbosa stuck his nose in my business back at Lethal Lottery and I’ll admit I didn’t think much of it. I seen this guy talking to himself and a picture of Freud more often than not but I’m not one to judge so I didn’t say anything. Then he came in, took some direct hits at me and then with his little cohort Kravinoff decided that they were going to right the world of WZCW by attacking anyone they felt were “holding back” others. They attacked Big Dave. I don’t like Big Dave but damn you just don’t go double teaming a guy not on my watch. Barbosa. Kravinoff. If you want to rid the WZCW of conspiracy and whatever the hell else it is you’re trying to rationalize in that tiny little head of yours then yeah, you’re going to have to come directly into my world. I know you think my world consists of geriatric shakes and shuffleboard with the guys over at the old folks home but as you’ve gotten a taste of in recent weeks, the chairs at the old folk’s home can make an awfully good weapon.

I’ve heard Barbosa and his “buddies” always talking about Freud and how Freud did this or that well obviously at Redemption I can’t be taking on Barbosa and Freud all by myself so I went out and I got myself a manager. It’s only a one time, single shot, solo appearance deal but without further adieu I’d like to introduce you to my newest manager……………..

With that Everest pulls the picture up from the floor beside him, flips around to reveal a portrait of

SOCRATES

That’s right this is Socrates!

Everest pauses and looks at the picture like he is talking to it.

EVEREST: What? Huh? You’re Aristotle? Really? Are you serious, but I paid a good $24.99 and the sign said pictures of Socrates?

Aristotle, so what in the greenish blue hue of hell can you do for me at Redemption.

Everest waits for a response and of course nothing happens.

EVEREST: Really? You know what, you’re useless, you're so last century and as famed American Donald Trump would say, You're fired.

With that Everest tosses the photo out the open window to his right. The whole skit gets a healthy dose of laughter from the crowd until a distant and faint “OUCH” can be heard presumably from a person outside who seems to have gotten hit by the errant photo. Everest peeks out the window and throws a quick apology toward the people on the sidewalk below before he gets back to addressing the crowd.

EVEREST: Dang, I’m betting I’m going to have to remedy that with an autograph and photo.

Sorry, back to the point. Bottom line Barbosa, I’ve heard you talk of conspiracy and I’ve heard you blabbing about putting the “old man” out of the way but let me tell you my friend, this “old man” still has more than enough in the tank to take you out behind the woodshed and whoop your ass, and then still get in a good game of shuffleboard before the evening is through.

My final warning Barbosa just in case you haven’t gotten it through the thick skull……Don’t and I do mean DO NOT Underestimate me. People did it in the past and watched as I walked away with their championships. People did it before and I walked away with the victory and their respect. At Redemption you don’t have any title and I don’t give a rat’s ass about your respect but I will walk away with Victory. That you can count on!

Thank you and I hope to see you all at Redemption.

Everest picks up his jacket and goes to walk out but before he takes a step he again turns and leans into the mic.

EVEREST: Oh yeah, don’t forget $39.99 on Pay Per View, and even though you’ll tune in to see me, you’ll also might want to catch the Triple Threat World Title Main Event, it should be the second best match up on the card.

With that Everest turns away and heads to the door and off into the hallway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back