Redemption Discussion: World Title Match

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
1240356_459962710783277_389288800_n.jpg

It has been an arduous journey for both men to get to this point in their careers. Barbosa has shown how brutal he can be on many occasions, leading to questions of why he has yet to become the World Heavyweight champion? Showtime, on the other hand, has been living and breathing the World title since Kingdom Come IV, defending and chasing the title for over a year.

Now, these two stories meet together in the main event of Redemption over the richest prize in the industry. Showtime has seen and done it all but never has he had to face the threat of an unstable man like Barbosa who can snap at any second. In the midst of realising who his opponent really is, Showtime has developed a more dangerous and violent side to himself, becoming a little more reckless than the usual cool demeanour of Showtime. He has seemingly transitioned himself to the unpredictable level of Barbosa but has his newly-adapted psyche been enough to keep Barbosa at bay?

Showtime will be in the fight of his life as Barbosa has his eyes focused on the prize, the World Championship, that he only got to hold for merely days when he was World Champion and he'll be looking to keep it on his shoulders for a very, very long time.

I have a feeling like the build up has been a bit lacking for the biggest match on the card, but that may very well just be a function of me not paying close enough attention or skimming the shows a bit to much. Anyway, two great RPs right here obviously. I'd personally give the edge to Barbosa, although I'd say that if he was facing pretty much anybody (besides Kravinoff)

Personally, I wanna see Barbosa make the heel turn complete with a win against Showtime here. Though the tournament is in a great spot to play into the outcome of this match. If Showtime wins he could be instantly put into a classic heel/face feud with Ricky/Beard but on the other side of the coin the same can be done with Barbosa against Krypto/Blade.

I'd put my money on Showtime, who has proven time after time to be able to pull out the close matches like this one.

Just haven't been able to bring myself to care about this feud at all. This one could go either way but it's hard to bet against Showtime so I won't.

This feels like a main event and its been built like that. Its not been high on drama, but rather it's been about selling you on wanting to see two first class RPers go to war for the biggest prize in WZCW and I get that. Now it's just a matter of who wins.

One the face of things, "Showtime" David Cougar is due a lengthly run with the belt. His two prior reigns felt shorter than they should've been and this third feels like it should see him cementing his spot as the A-Number-1. However what stands in his path is a beast who is also due that very same title oppertunity.

Barbosa's sole WHC reign was appallingly short due to a variety of reasons and he's been out of the picture for some time now. He's back and he's ready to take down the best in the business. He's hungry, he's fresh and many feel his time is now. This is a classic in waiting for sure.

Picking a winner is hard. Really hard. These are the two best right now and this is the biggest main event I can recall since Ty Burna dissapeared a year ago (and yes that includes any and all runs at the top from yours truly). I'd give the edge to "Showtime" if only because of experience, but if Barbosa can find a chink in the armour and exploit it and gather up everything else he's been building to and lay all those cards on the table, then we'll have us a new World Heavyweight Champion.

Probably the toughest match to call here, and that's saying something. Barbosa and Vega got the better of Showtime and Titus on Meltdown, but you have to consider the other 2 RP's playing a role and both men not giving their best. This is the chance to give their best.

And at their best...this is really sodding tough...but I'm going to go with Showtime. Both of these guys are amazing RP'ers, both deserving to be #1 of any e-fed, but Showtime just itches out Barbosa in experience in the main event, and I think that'll be the deciding factor in this match.

If Barbosa comes out to play, Showtime's in a world of danger.

I honestly have felt Barbosa hasn't been nearly as strong as his cycle against Celeste. But he's still such a threat to Showtime's run. He's proven how great he's been before, and wouldn't be surprised to see him again.

It seems Showtime is building to something big. I'm not sure where it ends, but it looks like we're finding out in February. But if that's the case, I'll take Showtime to further his project, and give him go see where he's going.

I know exactly what Showtime is capable of and he's one of the best RPers we've ever had grace WZCW but I think his time is running out. Barbosa has been too good for too long to be without a championship around his waist and I think this is time for the man with multiple personality to shine. I'd like Showtime to retain his title and go on a longer title reign than one-cycle but I feel Barbosa will be the one to take that title to new heights.

Prediction: Barbosa

Say what you want about Showtime's formulaic strategy is still wins him matches. Will it bode well against Barbosa? Only time will tell, I wouldn't mind either guy winning, both deserve it, should be fun.

I'll give it to Showtime by a inch just to pick a side.

I think Barbs is the sentimental favorite here. He is a former world champ, but it was a reign that makes Daniel Bryan's WWE title reigns look like Punk's 2012 reign. Both guys are established vets and will bring some solid solid RPs. While Showtime is the more accomplished of the two I think Barbosa wants it more. I look forward to reading both RP but I don't look forward to picking the winner.

This is the best Main Event for a PPV WZCW's had since I've been a part of the fed... no offense to Harthan & Funkay in regards to the triple threat @ KCV. Vega was basically right in the thick of this feud this cycle, and I RP'd against both of these guys all cycle long... which, Jesus Christ was fun but freakin' challenging... but, if this cycle is foreshadowing the Main Event... then Barbosa has got this one IMO. I felt that both of Showtime's RPs against me (both singles and tag) left a lot to be desired... while Barbosa is still on a roll.

HOWEVER, I also get the feeling that all Showtime was doing was throwing jabs to set up the knockout shot he's got planned for this match. If he wins, it'd be a huge momentum killer for Barbosa... but if Barbosa wins, then... a 1 cycle title reign for the winner of the KC Main Event? Really? I almost don't want to see either of these guys lose... but, I'm going with Barbosa as the winner here.

I hope Barbs wins here, for the reign he deserves and to give Showtime the chance to get away from the main event scene to tackle some new faces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back