Fun Facts: Redemption

Kermit

the Frog
In honor of Redemption this weekend, I decided to pull together some fun facts about the PPV and the matches on the card. I am 98% positive that everything should be correct, but I apologise if I overlooked a thing or two.

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------​

WZCW World Heavyweight Championship Six Pack Challenge:
  • Showtime is 0-2 at past Redemption PPVs.
  • Showtime was in the World Heavyweight Title match last year as a challenger.
  • Barbosa is 0-1 at past Redemption PPVS.
  • Steven Kurtesy is 1-1 at past Redemption PPVs.
  • This is the second time that the World Title has been contested in a Six Pack Challenge. The other time was at All or Nothing (2009).
  • There is a 50% chance that we will have a first time World Champion at Redemption.
  • This will be the 28th time that the World Title has been contested for.
  • The WZCW World Champion at past Redemptions has retained 100% of the time.

Steamboat Ricky vs. Alex Bowen - Stairway to Hardcore:
  • There has only been one other Stairway to Hardcore match. It was at All or Nothing (2008) and Steamboat Ricky won it in a triple threat.
  • This match is hyped as what could be the greatest hardcore match of all time. Steamboat Ricky is known as the father of mayhem, while Alex Bowen is known as the king of mayhem.
  • Steamboat Ricky was the first ever Mayhem champion.
  • Alex Bowen is the longest reigning Mayhem champion.
  • Alex Bowen is 1-0 at past Redemption PPVs.
  • This is Steamboat Ricky's first match at a Redemption PPV.

Celeste Crimson vs. S.H.I.T. - World Title Six Pack Qualifier:
  • Both competitors are competing at Redemption for the first time.
  • This could possibly be S.H.I.T. or Celeste Crimson's first World Title shot.

Strikeforce vs. Saboteur and Action Saxton - World Tag Team Titles:
  • This is the first tag team title shot for Saboteur and Action Saxton.
  • Strikeforce has a lot of pressure as defending champions. 12 of the 16 previous champions could never follow up their title win with a successful PPV defense.
  • The Tag Team Champions from past Redemptions have retained an astounding 0% of the time.

Mayhem Title Scramble:
  • No one in this match has ever competed at Redemption.
  • This is the second time that the Mayhem Title has been contested in a Scramble Match.
  • The title changed hands 7 times at the last Scramble Match. That is over 1/4 of the amount of people who have held the Mayhem Title on separate occasions.
  • The Mayhem Champion from past Redemptions has retained 100% of the time.

Drake Callahan vs. Matt Tastic - World Title Six Pack Qualifier:
  • This is Drake Callahan's first Redemption in three years.
  • Drake Callahan is 1-0 at Redemption.
  • Matt Tastic has competed at Redemption under three aliases now. He competed at Redemption (2010) as Killjoy, Redemption (2011) as Baez, and now Redemption (2012) as Matt Tastic.
  • Matt Tastic is 1-1 at Redemption.
  • This could possible be Drake Callahan or Matt Tastic's first World Title shot.

Titus vs. James King - World Title Six Pack Qualifier:
  • Titus made history at Redemption (2010) when he defeated Everest & Carmen Bratchny in a three-way dance to unify the two world titles in the company.
  • Titus is 2-0 at Redemption.
  • James King is 1-0 at Redemption. He won the tag team titles with Dr. Alhazred last year.
  • This could possibly be James King's first World Title shot.

Mick Overlast vs. Triple X (c) - Elite X Title:
  • Both competitors are competing at Redemption for the first time.
  • This is Mick Overlast's first title shot ever.
  • The Elite X Champion from past Redemptions has retained 66% of the time.

Ty Burna vs. Chris K.O. - Casket Match:
  • This is the first Casket Match ever in the WZCW.
  • Ty Burna is 2-0 at Redemption.
  • Ty Burna successfully defended his World Heavyweight Championship at last year's Redemption.
  • This is Chris K.O.'s first single match at a PPV.

Austin Reynolds vs. Ricky Runn:
  • Austin Reynolds is 0-2 at Redemption, while his handler, Numbers, is 0-3 (counting Grand Mystique).
  • This will be the first year that Austin Reynolds is not competing for a title at Redemption.
  • Austin Reynolds was in the World Heavyweight Title match last year at Redemption.
  • This is Ricky Runn's first Redemption.
  • This is Ricky Runn's first singles match at a PPV.

Constantine vs. Steven Holmes - Fall Counts Anywhere:
  • This is the first Falls Count Anywhere match ever in WZCW.
  • Holmes and Constantine are both 0-1 at the Redemption PPV.

Eurasian Title Open Challenge:
  • Rush has never competed at Redemption.
  • The EurAsian Title is Rush's first and only title.
  • Rush had formerly competed in the EurAsian League.
  • The EurAsian Title did not exist when the first Redemption aired.
  • This is the second year in a row that the EurAsian title is defended in an open challenge at Redemption.
  • This is the fourth time that the EurAsian title has been defended in an open challenge, (Now, Redemption 2011, Lethal Lottery III, Lethal Lottery II).
  • The EurAsian Champion from past Redemptions has retained 100% of the time.

General PPV Notes:
  • This is the fourth annual Redemption.
  • Redemption was not included in the PPV schedule during the first recorded year of WZCW.
  • This PPV will mark the beginning of the fifth recorded year of PPVs for WZCW.
  • With 12 matches, this card looks to be the biggest PPV card ever. The only two that I could find that contest it were Apocalypse (2011) and Redemption (2011), both with 10 matches on the card.

No problem. It is the least that I could do. I know that I promised some show reviews this cycle, but got busy. Hopefully this, and a review of Redemption will amend my broken promises. :) Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back