• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Really, Kennedy? Kennedy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixBuster

Equal Opportunity Poster
Credit: PWInsider.com

In his first match back on television on last night's WWE RAW, Mr. Kennedy suffered an apparent wrist injury.

The injury occured while Kennedy was taking an RKO from Randy Orton. He immediately rolled out of the ring in pain.

There is no official word yet on how serious the injury is, although early word is that he'll not miss any significant ring time.

I saw this happen during the show and immediately thought it looked like he'd legitimately hurt his wrist a bit. Now, it just looked like a sore wrist as opposed to an injury like a pectoral tear or the like but "Really, Kennedy?" Can't you come back strong and not hurt yourself?

The quote above says that he shouldn't miss any real time and I feel that if he just thoroughly rests it over the week it should be fine by next week's Raw. I realize this is kind of a restricted topic in terms of how much one can really say about it before it becomes redundant but I figured this could lead to some thoughts on his injury last night after taking an RKO such as "What will it take for him to stop hurting himself with the frequency at which he does right now?"

Some people have awful luck and just can't seem to stay healthy. I know in professional sports, there are some athletes that just seem to be very injury prone. Ken Griffey Jr, Marcus Camby, Marion Gaborik to name a few. Wrestling falls into the same thing and Kennedy is one of those guys unfortunately.

This just goes to show how bad Kennedy really is, he can't even take an RKO without hurting himself. I mean, I don't know of anyone else thats ever gotten hurt by an rko, stunner, nor a ddp, all variations of the same move. Come the heck on now, he needs to go back to square one, and learn to take a bump, slam, etc...Its really not that effing hard.

My cousins are going into wrestling, and thats the VERY FIRST thing they teach you. Kennedy, really needs to get some wrestling skills, before he kills himself, or worse, someone else.

I really hope it doesn't affect him at all. That would be a shame. Although, it doesn't really seem like they had that highest of hopes for him in the first place considering they had him have his ass handed to him for about seven minutes last night. What the hell kind of return was that? You have the guy promise that he's a future WWE Champion, and then he gets owned for the entire main event? Rough.

This just goes to show how bad Kennedy really is, he can't even take an RKO without hurting himself. I mean, I don't know of anyone else thats ever gotten hurt by an rko, stunner, nor a ddp, all variations of the same move. Come the heck on now, he needs to go back to square one, and learn to take a bump, slam, etc...Its really not that effing hard.

My cousins are going into wrestling, and thats the VERY FIRST thing they teach you. Kennedy, really needs to get some wrestling skills, before he kills himself, or worse, someone else.

Hey now that's a little harsh. It doesn't matter how long you have been doing it for. All it takes is one way to land wrong. You always hear of guys getting injured or tweaking something from simple moves. It's going to happen from time to time.

Yes, but this is ridiculous. Considering how often Kennedy gets hurt, there has to be something wrong with him. Maybe his body can't handle professional wrestling. Everytime he is right in the middle of a push, he gets injured. Not once and awhile, EVERY TIME.

Don't get me wrong, I like Kennedy and think he has the potential to be really good. In fact, he probably already should have been a world champion, but his injuries keep getting in the way. I think at this point, the best move for the WWE might be to release him.

Kennedy has to stop getting hurt. After a while, the WWE is just going to stop pushing him because they will expect him to be hurt within 2 months of returning every time.

That was my thought originally though that he should maybe take some extra time to reevaluate his ability to take bumps so he isn't tearing muscles and jamming joints every time that he is put in a match. The guy has the charisma to be in the title hunt but he does seem to have the [Mr.] Kennedy curse. He steps up to get a push and it leads to a big match where he is plagued by something.

they should make his character more like the rock coz i believe he can cut promos and do all that comedy like the rock.

about taking an rko and getting hurt, there is always that 50/50 chance of getting hurt coz smg might go wrong...an example can be that rko that randy gave rvd(if i'm not wrong) where his head hit the ground in a vertical position as if it was a spike ddt

This is an absolutely ridiculous conclusion. Someone tweaks their wrist and that indicates that they're a bad wrestler? Your logic is twisted. People tweak little things here or there off of moves that don't require any time off all the time. Sometimes they get reported and sometimes they don't. If this happened to anyone who hasn't had bad luck with major injuries no one would care. On top of that, anyone who hasn't been wrestling full time for months on end is going to be rusty and it'll be much easier for them to tweak things here or there. That has NOTHING to do with overall talent. Besides, if you've actually watched plenty of Kennedy matches you'd know right away that the guy is pretty good.

This is another typical, overblow, silly attempt to cut down one of the IWC's golden boys.

I laughed my ass off when I read this a few minutes ago. It took me a while to recover as I almost died choking from Bud ICE. But it just proves that Mr. Kennedy should be called Mr. Glass. This guy is more injury prone than Kevin Nash, but at least Nash has old age as an excuse. I bet Kennedy gets hurt whipping his ass after taking a shit.

The guy was one of my favorites, but he can't stay in the ring long enough to keep me on his side. The WWE should just release the guy.

an example can be that rko that randy gave rvd(if i'm not wrong) where his head hit the ground in a vertical position as if it was a spike ddt

That wasn't an accident when RVD took the RKO like that. He sold it on his head on purpose; he always takes bumps like that. The guy can somehow jump onto his head and compress his spine, and not get hurt. Really it's amazing when you think about it.

And I didn't see the match but I've always been a Kennedy fan and I really hope he can stay healthy. He's what wrestling really needs right now; a fresh face, with loads of charisma. He can be a huge star if he can avoid injury.

You know, Randy Orton isn't the best in the ring. I've seen him botch the RKO on more than one occasion. This may not be Kennedy's fault. Besides, it's a minor injury. It won't even keep him out of action. He'll be fine. This doesn't make him a bad wrestler. He was actually quite good in the ring last night.

That wasn't an accident when RVD took the RKO like that. He sold it on his head on purpose; he always takes bumps like that. The guy can somehow jump onto his head and compress his spine, and not get hurt. Really it's amazing when you think about it.

my bad then...i understand the concept of selling a move, but i didn't know that rvd sold alot...in fact, if i was taking an rko, i wouldn't sell it that much...i would sell it like hhh did to randy's rko when all the raw roster surrounded evolution, but still, my bad

Reactions: gd
You know, Randy Orton isn't the best in the ring. I've seen him botch the RKO on more than one occasion. This may not be Kennedy's fault. Besides, it's a minor injury. It won't even keep him out of action. He'll be fine. This doesn't make him a bad wrestler. He was actually quite good in the ring last night.

I completely agree. Kennedy actually impressed me in the ring last night. I've never really been a big fan of his, but what I saw kind of converted me. However, if he can't spend 5 minutes in the ring without getting injured, it doesn't matter how good he is.

I know it was just a minor injury, but who's to say that he isn't out for a month?

I would first like to point out that taking a bump and taking a RKO are two very different scenarios. Of course, there is always the possibility of injury when you are doing something physical.

Now...when Kennedy was in the ring I said out loud "OK watch Kennedy hurt himself" and I guess he did. Who knows how serious it is. Even if it's not serious at all, it still puts some doubt in your mind as he still got hurt, even if he can still go. He can have the skills or Benoit, mic work of Jericho, timing of The Rock, the allure of Flair, and the cool factor of Austin...but if he can't stay healthy there's really only so much you can do. They simply cannot keep pushing him if is unreliable. It's not his fault, just bad luck or something I guess. What is this the 3rd or 4th time he's been hurt or had something happen after being hyped up or being slated for a huge angle?

I really do feel bad for the guy.

Does anyone else think this is being blown way out of proportion? Come on! It was just bad timing if anything. People tweak things every match. He just happened to do it in his return match. Its only being reported due to his injury history. This guy could jam his pinky finger and you guys would demand his release.

These dumbasses saw Kennedy selling a tweaked wrist and are probably reporting it to get more site hits. Just look at the end of that, "not expected to miss any time". No fucking shit, why the fuck do we care then? That line is them blatantly covering their own asses for their made up garbage. If John Cena or some other guy slightly bangs up his wrist, do you think this shit gets reported? Nope. It's Kennedy so lets go ahead and say "the injury prone superstar" is hurt again :rolleyes:

Wrestlers get minor bumps and bruises every night. He'll be fine.

Exactly, if this wasn't Kennedy, it wouldn't be major news. Half of me agrees with you that this may be a non story that some idiots are posting, and the other half of me truly believes it is the injury bug strking again.

Hopefully it is just being blown our of proportion, and Kennedy will be back at 100 % next week.

Hey now that's a little harsh. It doesn't matter how long you have been doing it for. All it takes is one way to land wrong. You always hear of guys getting injured or tweaking something from simple moves. It's going to happen from time to time.

Time to time? Everytime this guy re-debuts, shows up, whatever hes doing, he gets sidelined for another 6 months. The fans didn't even give Kennedy a loud pop like they normally would, because hes been hurt so much half of them probably have forgotten who the heck he was. So ellaborate how its harsh of me to say Kennedy needs to learn to take a wrestling move, when he gets injured every month, for 3 months...

Also, I did have a moment after seeing the injury real or otherwise where I thought of the potential that perhaps he had just learned to TRULY sell something after getting legitimately injured a couple times. I thought that in having felt the actual pain maybe he'd just picked up on how to make a tweak or nothing at all LOOK real. But still, I've been a fan of him since the face turn. For months before that I kept saying "I'd be a big Kennedy fan if he went face." And so, as a big fan of him, I would hate for him to really hurt himself again. I also don't feel that this wrist happening, if it's legit, should lead to the man's release. That seems a bit rash to me.

I never understood the hype around Kennedy....he's got barely-above-average ring skills, and the only thing in his favor on the mic is the pitch and volume of his voice. His promos are actually annoying to me. I have yet to hear him cut a string of hilarious one-liners like the Rock or make me wanna piss my pants like Austin. He sucked as a heel, so they're trying him out as a face, and now it seems he cant keep himself from gettin hurt. I had pretty much forgotten Kennedy existed until he started coming out to hype his straight-to-dvd movie.

I hope this shows all those people that think Kennedy is great the truth about him. HE SUCKS!!!!! How can you not know how to take a bump!!! I just hope that they fire him soon!!! HE SUCKS!!!!!!

I'm certainly not going to compare Mr. Kennedy... KENNEDY to Edge, BUT when Adam Copeland first entered the WWE, he had a tendency to get hurt a lot as well. He actually had one of his championship runs cut short due to an injury.

Truthfully, I'm not too sure how Edge's injury bug was passed down to Kennedy, but it sure seems like he caught it.

The one comparison I will make though is that if Vince believes he (Kennedy) has "it" (whatever "it" is), he'll continue to head straight to the front of the roster no matter how many times he gets hurt - just ask Edge.

I hope that he isn't injured. But in case he is injured I am guessing he is probably going to work through the injury if it is not that serious. I don't know why he keeps getting injured or hurt but he has to either be very careful or he is going to have to change his style a little bit in order to avoid getting injured.

I hope it doesn't happen and would never wish this on anyone but if he keeps getting hurt or injured then I think that management is going to lose faith on him and he could end up getting released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back