Razzie Award Nominations Announced

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
For those of you unfamiliar, the Razzies are the reverse Oscars, honoring (in a way) the worst in film-making over the year. Here are the nominees.

Worst Picture
Battleship
Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure
That's My Boy!
A Thousand Words
Twilight Saga:Breaking Dawn Part 2

Worst Actress
Katherine Heigl - One For The Money
Milla Jovovich - Resident Evil #5: Retribution
Tyler Perry (In Drag) - Madea's Witless Protection
Kristen Stewart - Snow White and The Huntsman & Twilight S.B.D. #2
Barbra Streisand - Guilt Trip

Worst Actor
Nicolas Cage - Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vengeance & Seeking Justice
Eddie Murphy - A Thousand Words
Robert Pattinson - Twilight S.B.D. #2
Tyler Perry (Not in Drag) - Alex Cross & Tyler Perry's Good Deeds
Adam Sandler - That's My Boy!

Worst Supporting Actress
Jessica Biel - Playing For Keeps & Total Recall
Brooklyn Decker - Battleship & What To Expect When You're Expecting
Ashley Green - Twilight S.B.D. #2
Jennifer Lopez - What to Expect When You're Expecting
Rihanna - Battleship

Worst Supporting Actor
David Hasselhoff (as "Himself") - Piranha 3-DD
Taylor Lautner - Twilight S.B.D. #2
Liam Neeson - Battleship & Wrath of the Titans
Nick Swardson - That's My Boy
Vanilla Ice (as "Himself") - That's My Boy

Worst Screen Couple
Any Combination of Two Cast Members from "Jersey Shore" - The Three Stooges
Mackenzie Foy (as "Little Renesmee") & Taylor Lautner - Twilight: S.B.D. #2
Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart - Twilight: S.B.D. #2
Tyler Perry & His Drag Get-Up - Tyler Perry's Madea's Witless Protection
Adam Sandler and either Leighton Meester, Andy Samberg or Susan Sarandon - That's My Boy

Worst Director
Sean Anders - That's My Boy
Peter Berg - Battleship
Bill Condon - Twilight S.B.D. #2
Tyler Perry - Good Deeds & Madea's Witless Protection
John Putch - ATLAS SHRUGGED: PART II

Worst Screen Ensemble
The Entire Cast of Battleship
The Entire Cast of Oogieloves inThe Big Balloon Adventure
The Entire Cast of That's My Boy
The Entire Cast of Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn, Part 2
The Entire Cast of Madea's Witless Protection

Worst Screenplay
Atlas Shrugged: Part II
Battleship
That's My Boy!
A Thousand Words
Twilight S.B.D. #2

They seem all right, but the hatred for Twilight is annoying. Though I haven't seen Breaking Dawn Part 2, I've heard decent things about it and the fact that it received so many nominations just makes me think they're not focusing on the quality of the film, rather they're focusing on just the name and the past terrible films.

I also can't get over how Ghostrider 2 and Project X aren't nominated for worst film. These were both terrible and definitely deserve to be nominated. Ghostrider 2 had one of the worst screenplays I've seen and the entire film was a mess. Project X was just stupid as hell with no redeeming features in it.

Everything else seems okay, I guess. I haven't watched everything on this list and I probably won't.

I'm happy to say that I didn't see any of the films on this list. Hell, the only movies on this list I even considered seeing were Guilt Trip and Total Recall, and it looks as though they weren't bad movies so much as they had bad acting.

The Razzies keep things very real for people who go to the movies often. I've seen probably a few dozen films in theaters in the year 2012, and while I enjoyed almost all of them, there were a few that I really didn't like... and none of them are on this list.

Kristen Stewart should win for worst actress based on Snow White alone. She was so bad that in the likely sequel, they are replacing her.

Odd timing for the release of this list. If I'm not mistaken, The Razzie nominations usually come out after the Oscar nominations. But they're announcing the Oscar nominations tomorrow morning, so I guess The Razzie people are trying to piggy back off of the buzz for the Academy Award nominations.

Project X, Gone, ATM, House At The End Of The Street, Wrath Of The Titans, and Resident Evil: Retribution deserve a spot in the worst films category. Plus, Hasselhoff's nomination is bullshit. His cameo in Piranha 3DD was priceless.

I enjoyed The Razzies burying Adam Sandler last year, because he DESERVED it, but the nominations this year are kind of weak.

Kristen Stewart should win for worst actress based on Snow White alone. She was so bad that in the likely sequel, they are replacing her.

Unless something changed in the past couple of months, I'm afraid the answer is no.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/kristen-stewart-signs-on-to-snow-white-and-the-huntsman-sequel

:disappointed:

Yeah, she's still apart of the franchise, they got rid of the director, & that was mostly due to him & Kristen Stewart becoming fuck buddies while filming the first one.

Hell, the only movies on this list I even considered seeing were Guilt Trip and Total Recall, and it looks as though they weren't bad movies so much as they had bad acting.

I can't speak for Guilt Trip, but no, Total Recall was bad pretty much all around. Even the hotness of Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel combined couldn't save that movie.

As for Ghost Rider 2, that movie could be nominated for every Razzie available and it still wouldn't be enough. Just awful.

I saw Battleship. Barely remember it, so it couldn't have been that good.

Other than those, I haven't seen any others.

Side note: Did anyone really expect Tyler Perry to pull off a good Alex Cross when he's known for playing an old woman? I didn't think so.

I guess I'm the only one that enjoyed Battleship. Saw the Snow White flicked and it was aight, but nothing to write home about. Total Recall was so-so, definitely pales in comparison to the original. I didn't bother trying to see Alex Cross; no way do you replace Morgan Freeman with Tyler Perry. You want a younger actor for Cross? Get Don Cheadle, hell maybe even Sam Jackson. But never Tyler Perry.

You're not the only one. Battleship is a spectacle of flashy special effects and battle scenes. It's a harmless popcorn flick, and I usually enjoy anything with Liam Neeson.

Likewise, especially "The Grey". I really think the hate for Battleship is due to Taylor Kitsch's track record. He was decent in the role he played.

Likewise, especially "The Grey". I really think the hate for Battleship is due to Taylor Kitsch's track record. He was decent in the role he played.

Yeah , Kitsch has a bad rap for being an emotinless drone. Plus, Battleship shared too many similiraties with Bay's Transformers films, making it an easy target for critics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back