• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Raw LD for 8/03/09....with An Entourage

Razor

crafts entire Worlds out of Words

Jeremy Piven is the guest host. There's a spoiler/hint towards Monday's Raw from Piven's tweet. Spoiler tags FTW:

"With me tomorrow night on Raw is a gentleman u know from "The hangover" and he also has a day job"...I myself think it's going to be Ed Helms from The Office.

From the WWE.com website:
As his character Ari Gold on the hit HBO series Entourage might proclaim, “Jeremy Piven will be the celebrity guest host on Monday Night Raw this week? That is freaking huge!”

While Piven’s fiery character would likely add a little more spice to his speech, we’re pretty sure you get the idea. WWE is excited to have the multiple Emmy and Golden Globe-winning actor take control of Raw just one week after NBA great Shaquille O’Neal served as host in Washington D.C.

Piven, who stars on the big screen in the upcoming comedy The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard, also follows in the footsteps of other Raw celebrity guest hosts such as actor and producer Seth Green and Rock and Roll Hall of Famers ZZ Top.

No Spoilers, dudes. Spoiler tags or bant.

I figure his guest is Rob Riggle, who starred in the Hangover, is going to be in the Goods, and currently has a day job as a Lieutenant Colonel in the USMC Reserve, specifically working as a public affairs officer with the New York City Public Affairs unit. So yeah, it's Riggle.

Well, HHH vs Legacy is probably our main event, and I assume it features Orton interference following by HBK running in, reforming DX. Alternatively, Mark Henry makes the run in and forms the rumored HHH & Henry team, though that'll just lead to DX anyway.

Or maybe HHH just buries them both clean.

Hopefully there's a US title match at SummerSlam, I like having it on PPV. But, we're much more likely to get an IC title match with Mastrio defending, so the US title might not make it. I hope the Divas title does at least, I want to see some Mickie on PPV.

Typical Raw shenanigans should ensue...Jericho will probably bitch to Piven and then get an unfair match. Expect Hornswoggle vs Chavo Part VI, and Santino to do something silly with Piven while Jeremy pretends to laugh.

Harthan, you're probably 100% right with yo assumption. I still hold by mine though, merely because I want to see him on Raw. ;)

I forgot about the HHH vs. Legacy main event. It'll probably, as you say, lead to DX vs. Legacy for Summerslam. Or Henry will run in and be the newest member of a newly reformed DX. Henry, HBK, and HHH? Meh. You could find a worse face enforcer.

I really hope the US title is on Summerslam. Especially if Swagger is competing for it. That could mark Swagger picking up the US title at a PPV that means something.

Other than that....as long as Maryse makes an appearance, I'm happy. Bring Chavo/The Swoggle 4. I can go take a piss.

You stole my gimmick, you ass. The LDs are MINE.

This is why you aren't on my Best Friends list >:C

Damn - nothing like starting the LD 26 1/2 hours before the L in LD begins...

So basically for the next 16 hours (give or take one), this is just a D, right ??

It's odd how Entourage produces such a love/hate among viewers. I've never met any tweeners.

I'm amped up for Raw tonight, been awhile since that has happened. Thank you Jeremy Piven! Apparently Ken Jeong is going to be his co-host, should be great, both of 'em are incredibly funny.

Lilian <3

Here comes the one and only Jeremy Piven.

Lilian should introduce the guest hosts every week.

This is fucking cool already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back