• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Raven! - Out of TNA in to ECW?

Deexter Jorgan

Has a Dark Passenger on board...
wrestlezone.com

Raven and TNA have parted ways.

Raven has severed ties with TNA, whats next for the charismatic showman?

All signs are pointing to the wwe, especially back to ECW!

so what is your opinion, do you think Raven would give added star power to the land of extreme, would it even matter or would you even care, let me know your thoughts on the situation

To me Raven is probably one of the best ring psychologists that ECW had at the time and would give the new ECW something more of star power then it already has, I for one would love to see an ECW Raven vs Punk feud, or Raven vs Dreamer one last time for the ECW championship.

with his previous health situation cleared anything is possible

I think that would be awesome! I would love to see Raven give some much needed experiance to the brand. There are some quality guys in ECW and Raven could feud with any one of them. I'd really like to see some "Extreme" brought back to ECW and Raven could totally be the one to do it. Besides who wouldn't wanna see Raven and Dreamer back at it again?:raven:

Frankly, I don't really see this making too many waves, even if he goes to ECW...why? Because all Raven has really been known for the past few years is gimmick matches...now, you could blame that on TNA, but when was the last time Raven was in a non-gimmick match (I can't remember)? The farthest back I look, it was his series of matches with Jeff Jarrett in 2003...
Don't get me wrong, Raven has always been one of my favorite performers (I am thinking back to his original ECW / WCW days here), but in the new "Extreme" Championship Wrestling, there is no "Extreme" at all. And does anyone else remember his original lackluster run in the WWE? Face it, they wouldn't know what to do with him...
The most he could bring to ECW is some name value, but look what McMahon did to the rest of the original ECW performers...what happened to their "name value"??

Frankly, I don't really see this making too many waves, even if he goes to ECW...why? Because all Raven has really been known for the past few years is gimmick matches...now, you could blame that on TNA, but when was the last time Raven was in a non-gimmick match (I can't remember)? The farthest back I look, it was his series of matches with Jeff Jarrett in 2003...
Don't get me wrong, Raven has always been one of my favorite performers (I am thinking back to his original ECW / WCW days here), but in the new "Extreme" Championship Wrestling, there is no "Extreme" at all. And does anyone else remember his original lackluster run in the WWE? Face it, they wouldn't know what to do with him...
The most he could bring to ECW is some name value, but look what McMahon did to the rest of the original ECW performers...what happened to their "name value"??

But Raven has something that the other originals didnt (apart from Rob Van Damm) TALENT, in the ring he is a ring general, if pushed properly he could be something of a breath of fresh air to the new ecw

I haven't seen that article anywhere on wrestlzone and Raven is still on the TNA website. However if it is true that cuold be interesting. It would be nice to see Raven in ECW however, I think we can call safely say that ECW is dead and all that remains are letters that WWE owns. He's not in the best of shape either though. I think he'd have to fix that up before they sign him.

I'm not sure how much he has left but he would be a great commentator. Too bad though, I think he should be TNA's color guy instead of Don West.

dude...HELL YES it matters, I would watch ECW solely to see Raven. He is nearly unparralleled in ring psychology, and is very skilled in ring competitor. I think WWE knows that they wasted him horribly during his first run, and hopefully they will really push him this time. Definate ECW champion material, personally, I would mark out HARD if raven came walking through that curtain all of the sudden one night. I think it would be a huge addition to ECW, and give it a great boost in star power.

dude...HELL YES it matters, I would watch ECW solely to see Raven. He is nearly unparralleled in ring psychology, and is very skilled in ring competitor. I think WWE knows that they wasted him horribly during his first run, and hopefully they will really push him this time. Definate ECW champion material, personally, I would mark out HARD if raven came walking through that curtain all of the sudden one night. I think it would be a huge addition to ECW, and give it a great boost in star power.

Exactly Norcal, i would love to see Raven walk through that ECW curtain, i think the wwe has learnt there lesson in regards to pushing Raven, they will do the right thing and push him the way he should be pushed straight to the ECW title!

Raven going back to the E could be a bad thing as he has never had a good Run there going back to his older days under different names. But if he is going to go to the WWE it would be good from a potential feud point of view as Raven could be the major Heel that new ECW needs to survive despite his advancing age and declining Physical Prowess. though I do see this as a retirement of sorts for Raven since he was planning to start training people for Pro Wrestling. Or it could be all Bullshit as the actual report was a singular line in a bigger "News" report. There is nothing on Raven's official website or his official Myspace saying anything about having left TNA.

First, the name Raven in Pro Wrestling strikes true wrestling novices to realize just who he is. And he is far more than any mere "gimmick" match. Scott Levy, aka Raven, was the end-all be-all to in-ring mental mind games. His vocalulary is beyond vast, and his skills with the mic are far superior to anyone in the game, past, present, and likely future.

If T.N.A. would've let him run with how good he can be, then he wouldn't of faded into this big blob of shit, that they basically packaged him as over the course of his final years there.

Nothing. Plain and simply. Just because a Superstar who has name value from a former company, who is then brought in and tried to be used in the same manner but isn't.. doesn't destroy who they are.

Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, Sabu, Little Guido, Super Crazy, Stevie Richards, Balls Mahoney, and every other former E.C.W. Superstar I'm not naming, that you feel has lost "name value" with the W.W.E.-C.W., its just not true. They were used wrongfully to push others over, but it didn't kill who they were.

True E.C.W. fans will NEVER forget their heros, regardless of how shitty they're being used in present day. So to say he'd lose name value if he was used badly, is wrong. He'd only drop in "value" as a Superstar overall, but thats only because W.W.E. can't use the "originals" the way they were originally, because the difference from now, to then.. is then, each of them were Main Event Superstars.. and in today's W.W.E., they're barely mid-carders.. because McMahon doesn't believe in pushing previously made stars, over his own.

But Raven has something that the other originals didnt (apart from Rob Van Damm) TALENT, in the ring he is a ring general, if pushed properly he could be something of a breath of fresh air to the new ecw

David, tisk, tisk, tisk.. how dare you.

Tommy Dreamer, Balls Mahoney, Little Guido, Mickey Whipwreck, Tajiri, all of the former E.C.W. stars had tremendous talent. Shit man, what the fuck do you think they did in the original E.C.W.?! They WRESTLED, they sure as hell didn't put on tremendous storylines.

E.C.W. wasn't ever known for their storylines, or their scripts. They were known for their TALENT. So, with all due respect, please don't presume to know that only R.V.D., or Raven had talent.. when you feel the others didn't.

First, the name Raven in Pro Wrestling strikes true wrestling novices to realize just who he is. And he is far more than any mere "gimmick" match. Scott Levy, aka Raven, was the end-all be-all to in-ring mental mind games. His vocalulary is beyond vast, and his skills with the mic are far superior to anyone in the game, past, present, and likely future.

If T.N.A. would've let him run with how good he can be, then he wouldn't of faded into this big blob of shit, that they basically packaged him as over the course of his final years there.

Tna have a nack for doing this thinking that the wwe wont want there cast offs, whenhe first come in to tna Raven showed passion, something that he didnt show in his final days as he was only being used to advance feuds in the kurt angle show.

TheOneBigWill;347523 Nothing. Plain and simply. Just because a Superstar who has name value from a former company said:
He couldnt push stars that had a history of going off of the rails, except dreamer alot of OLD ECW stars where very limited in the ring and had a histroy of drug abuse

David, tisk, tisk, tisk.. how dare you.

Tommy Dreamer, Balls Mahoney, Little Guido, Mickey Whipwreck, Tajiri, all of the former E.C.W. stars had tremendous talent. Shit man, what the fuck do you think they did in the original E.C.W.?! They WRESTLED, they sure as hell didn't put on tremendous storylines.

E.C.W. wasn't ever known for their storylines, or their scripts. They were known for their TALENT. So, with all due respect, please don't presume to know that only R.V.D., or Raven had talent.. when you feel the others didn't.

Paul Heyman even stated himself that most of the guys in ECW had flaws and his job was to hide those flaws, that was the reason the wwe couldnt do anything with them, you know that as well as i do, i wasnt insulting the good name of those wrestlers some (like dreamer) deserve a push but cannot compare to someone like raven who has managed to develop a career without his old hardcore gimmicks but the problem with the big companies is that they thing that ECW stars are only hardcore spot monkeys!

I am a huge fan of Raven as he is one of the most talented guys to enter a ring. He has given the wrestling world 20 years of great matches and has set the bar for ring psychology and character development. With that being said, I would saddened to see Raven return to the WWE. The WWE has never used him properly and he would surely get lost in the shuffle if he was to return.
Raven is one of the best minds in the business. I would love to see him work as a booker or on a creative team in any company. If the WWE truly wants to utilize Raven to the best of his ability then they should give him some creative control on ANY of their shows- because they all could use some fresh ideas. Personally, I would love to see him work behind the scenes in TNA. The storylines there have been lacking as of late as well and Raven could definately give a much needed boost to the company.

I don't want to see Raven back in the WWE on their ECW brand. What makes it believable that he'll get a push? Lets look back at his days in the WWE as Raven. He won the Hardcore title 27 times, which is a record, but nevertheless the lowest title that anyone can attain. Near the end of his WWE run, he was spending all of his time on HEAT. During this time, he still showed his talent at genius promos and that whole 'masterpiece' angle, which I was anticipating with great hope. What happens next? A short-lived feud with Test and then one match on RAW fighting Jeff Hardy in traditional attire. He was released after that. A return wouldn't help him, just like a return from Justin Credible still meant he was going to be jobbing. The only thing I see for Raven back in the WWE is a feud with Tommy Dreamer, but after that's done, what next? ECW title? I doubt it. They threw him out the window like disposable trash before. I don't want to see that again.

He couldnt push stars that had a history of going off of the rails, except dreamer alot of OLD ECW stars where very limited in the ring and had a histroy of drug abuse

Did you even watch the original ECW? You must have not because if you did they were known for more than going off guard rails. Do you know how many good wrestlers they had! Let me just name a few Jerry Lynn, Super Crazy, Tajiri, Steve Corino, RVD, Taz, Rhino, Sabu(a pure mat wrestler before he went to ECW), Lance Storm. The list goes on and on. And before WCW and WWE has Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero, and Mysterio they were all in ECW. They were some pretty good wreslters that were far from "limited"

Back to the original subject, I dout Raven would go back to WWE/ECW for one he said he hated his whole time there and was miserable. He said all of his ideas got squashed and was despressed the whole time. To bad Raven is one of the best minds in the business. Hes so creative, and and is a guy that knows ring psychology. He is still pretty young to, the only way i would want him to go there if he was actaully used right. But just like the other 50 guys he will be underutilized

Did you even watch the original ECW? You must have not because if you did they were known for more than going off guard rails. Do you know how many good wrestlers they had! Let me just name a few Jerry Lynn, Super Crazy, Tajiri, Steve Corino, RVD, Taz, Rhino, Sabu(a pure mat wrestler before he went to ECW), Lance Storm. The list goes on and on. And before WCW and WWE has Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero, and Mysterio they were all in ECW. They were some pretty good wreslters that were far from "limited"

Back to the original subject, I dout Raven would go back to WWE/ECW for one he said he hated his whole time there and was miserable. He said all of his ideas got squashed and was despressed the whole time. To bad Raven is one of the best minds in the business. Hes so creative, and and is a guy that knows ring psychology. He is still pretty young to, the only way i would want him to go there if he was actaully used right. But just like the other 50 guys he will be underutilized

Ok first off, we must of not seen the same programming, the old ECW was exactly like the new ECW, it was a breeding ground for WCW and the WWE, yes it had great groundbreaking stars and feuds but was very limited in regards to what it could do as a company, Rob van damm should of been a main eventer in the original ECW but was never pushed so, but because of his work rate he was able to shine non the less, Tommy Dreamer had great feuds with guys like raven and Justin Credible but again he was very limited in his in ring abilities, Gurerro and Melenko both where in the company for a short time and benoit never was pushed past the tv title either, it was because of utilising different styles people when to see them they where a wrestling alternative, that being said alot of this was done with the magic of tv editing, heyman could make shark boy main event and get the crowd behind him thats what he was good at.

Now back to the topic at hand, Raven himself was a big part of the old ECW and would give the NEW ECW some much needed veteran star power as long as hes pushed right, and to me the WWE is starting to listen more to the fans, ala pushing of CM PUNK, HARDY'S IMO they will not make the same mistake twice with RAVEN

Ok first off, we must of not seen the same programming, the old ECW was exactly like the new ECW, it was a breeding ground for WCW and the WWE, yes it had great groundbreaking stars and feuds but was very limited in regards to what it could do as a company, Rob van damm should of been a main eventer in the original ECW but was never pushed so, but because of his work rate he was able to shine non the less, Tommy Dreamer had great feuds with guys like raven and Justin Credible but again he was very limited in his in ring abilities, Gurerro and Melenko both where in the company for a short time and benoit never was pushed past the tv title either, it was because of utilising different styles people when to see them they where a wrestling alternative, that being said alot of this was done with the magic of tv editing, heyman could make shark boy main event and get the crowd behind him thats what he was good at.

Now back to the topic at hand, Raven himself was a big part of the old ECW and would give the NEW ECW some much needed veteran star power as long as hes pushed right, and to me the WWE is starting to listen more to the fans, ala pushing of CM PUNK, HARDY'S IMO they will not make the same mistake twice with RAVEN

The old ECW was nuthin like the new ECW. The original ECW was about heart and passion. It was about great wrestling and breath taking feuds. It established new wrestlers and unlike WCW at the time didnt used old washed up wrestlers at all. Two wrestlers thatg had stints in ECW that were established somewhat were Sid Vicious and Bam Bam the rest were all home grown. ECW was uncensored, and in your face. The new ECW is all WWE wreslters, no violence, no high flying action, no great mat wrestling, no shoot promos. Instead theres dance off's and Big Daddy V. How is that even close to the original ECW? I have to question if you even watched the original ECW. And if you want a great wrestling match go watch Rob Van Dam vs Jerry Lynn LD 1999, or Tajiri vs Psicosis ECW on TNN 2000. I would put those matches against any wrestling matches.

Rob Van Dam was main eventing. He held the TV title for two years. After that he broke his ankle. Right when he returned he fought in the main event, then the company folded. He reached his peak in ECW the fans would chant his name through out the whole show.

Ask yourself this question did RVD hold the world title at any point during his tenure in the old ECW?, and why didnt any of the old ECW alumni get over in the WWE or WCW, simple fact alot of them didnt have the skills that most WWE superstars had, look at Tazz most dominant wrestler in ECW but after injuring his neck he was rendered useless, couldnt get over with the same style that he had previously, Rhyno dominant as hell blood thirsty ECW and TV Champ but again couldnt get over in the WWE, Jerry Lynn the best in the business but couldnt get a world title shot in the WWE, or in TNA was limited to Light heavyweight and X division champ, Raven however was ready to go over as European champ in the WWE if it wasnt for Matt Hardy's complaining he would of made it to such hights, Raven was also a US and tag champ over in WCW and a world champ in TNA that leads me to my point, apart from ROB VAN DAMM he is the only original thus far to actually make a splash in another wrestling organisation other then ECW.

The WWE always looks at TNA and the talent that goes there, they see if that same talent can do with TNA what they couldnt in the WWE and thats get over and RAVEN and killings did this so the wwe wil be more willing to push them IMO

Ask yourself this question did RVD hold the world title at any point during his tenure in the old ECW?, and why didnt any of the old ECW alumni get over in the WWE or WCW, simple fact alot of them didnt have the skills that most WWE superstars had, look at Tazz most dominant wrestler in ECW but after injuring his neck he was rendered useless, couldnt get over with the same style that he had previously

RVD didn't need the World title when he was in ECW. He was over with the fans and his Television title reign was nearly at equal levels with the World belt while he was holding it. While it's true that RVD was the only one that soared high in the WWE, discrediting Tazz because of his style isn't fair. He wasn't allowed to use his style in the WWE, that's why he had to use the WWE style, which meant that he had to get rid of all of his major tazplexes and resort to using just punches, clotheslines, kicks, scoop slam, brooklyn boot to the face, corner kicks and a t-bone tazplex. That and his injuries were detrimental to his wrestling career. His signatures were gone. Now, had he not been injured and was still wrestling in the WWE today, he would've soared too at some point. Look at the way he came in. He beat Kurt Angle and then a month later, became 2-time Hardcore Champ, then the month after that became the ECW World Champion and Hardcore Champion again. Back then, he was a part of history for being involved in two special matches. It's not because he lacked skills as much as the WWE. If you've seen ECW, Taz took out guys like RVD, Chris Jericho, Lance Storm, Bam Bam Bigelow, etc. He brawled with the best of them in submissions, mat wrestling, you name it. And you know what? He never complained about jobbing. Quite frankly, he was getting tired of his 'gimmick.'

As for Jerry Lynn? His best days were in ECW much like Taz. He went toe-to-toe with RVD and they put on great matches. The reason why he never got a push in the WWE is because of his look. They wanted him to change it. As with everyone else from ECW, WWE tries to change them to match their style. That's why you never get to see their full potentials. Jerry Lynn is very agile and look at the way he came in. He won the Lightheavyweight title in short notice. He never got the push that he deserved, but that doesn't mean he never put on any good matches.

Lance Storm? Same thing. He had wrestling skills. He was at technical equality with Chris Jericho and could've easily won more IC belts for lengthier times. Why did WWE not push him? Perhaps because he was lacking charisma. In ECW, he won three World Tag Team Championships with two of the best Tag Team partnerships; Chris Candido and Justin Credible. He could take it to aerial assaults to submissions to just about anything else. Once he jumped over to WCW, he held three titles at the same time. WWE doesn't know how to push homestays from other companies or have a bias towards their own. All Lance Storm enjoyed in his later years of the WWE were humiliating defeats and World Tag Team Championship reigns. He's very underrated and on a wide scale observation of the wrestling world, Lance Storm is one of the best technical wrestlers.

Rhyno? He was big, he had the look and he was being pushed to a considerate level when he first came into the WWE as Edge & Christian's third man bodyguard. This was around the time Spike Dudley also came into the WWE. Did you know that Spike Dudley got a better push than Rhyno? Rhyno won the Hardcore title and the U.S title. That's not too bad. But, Spike Dudley won the Hardcore title, European title, Cruiserweight title, and the World Tag Team title. Did you expect a guy who went over with the fans for taking major bumps back in ECW to soar that high in the WWE? You think he had more skills than the rest of ECW that couldn't get the same amount of accomplishments? Rhyno's WWE career started going downhill when he returned from his injury. He lost consecutively and then he left. In no way does that mean he wasn't on the level of the WWE stars. Once you're in the WWE, that means you are a WWE star. It's all about how creative decides to use the star.

Now, back on topic, if you think Raven is the only other ECW star that made an impact in the WWE, you need to look closer. Raven lost a ridiculous amount of matches to even midcard wrestlers. Are you going to say that he wasn't on the level of the WWE stars? Use the same logic that you used for him and apply that to the other ECW stars. It wasn't their fault.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ask yourself this question did RVD hold the world title at any point during his tenure in the old ECW?, and why didnt any of the old ECW alumni get over in the WWE or WCW, simple fact alot of them didnt have the skills that most WWE superstars had, look at Tazz most dominant wrestler in ECW but after injuring his neck he was rendered useless, couldnt get over with the same style that he had previously, Rhyno dominant as hell blood thirsty ECW and TV Champ but again couldnt get over in the WWE, Jerry Lynn the best in the business but couldnt get a world title shot in the WWE, or in TNA was limited to Light heavyweight and X division champ, Raven however was ready to go over as European champ in the WWE if it wasnt for Matt Hardy's complaining he would of made it to such hights, Raven was also a US and tag champ over in WCW and a world champ in TNA that leads me to my point, apart from ROB VAN DAMM he is the only original thus far to actually make a splash in another wrestling organisation other then ECW.

The WWE always looks at TNA and the talent that goes there, they see if that same talent can do with TNA what they couldnt in the WWE and thats get over and RAVEN and killings did this so the wwe wil be more willing to push them IMO

You dont think some of this has to do with the WWE not pushing them the right way? I would take Jerry Lynn, Lance Storm, Tajiri( who was pretty over at one time in WWE), TAZ,and Rhino and put them WRESTLING wise against any five people in the WWE right now and ECW 5 would win based on pure wrestling. Now so maybe they dont have the Charisma and the mic skills. But if you ever saw a Taz promo in ECW, you know he can cut a dam good promo. If you ever saw Tajiri in ECW you know he could work a crowd and be a good heel. Same with other guys like Steve Corino, Shane Douglas, and Chris Candido. You had guys like the Sandman, and New jack who were far from wrestlers but were way over. Just like in the WWE John Cena and Batista these guys arnt amazing wreslters yet there over the way the WWE has pushed them. No real WCW stars have gone to the top of WWE either what about guys like DDP, Goldberg, Nash, Hall, Kanyon. These guys were all gone in a year. Atleast ECW guys would stay around. I think the Dudley Boys did pretty good in the WWE. Alot of the ECW guys are held back Taz couldnt drop people on there neck anymore the office would go nuts. RVD would do the Van Terminator once a year in the WWE. Super Crazy, Tajiri, and Little Gudio all were watered down. They could go 100% like they were used to in ECW.

And can you please explain to me on why you think Tommy Dreamer isnt just as limited as guys like Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm? And how you think the original ECW is like the new one?

You dont think some of this has to do with the WWE not pushing them the right way? I would take Jerry Lynn, Lance Storm, Tajiri( who was pretty over at one time in WWE), TAZ,and Rhino and put them WRESTLING wise against any five people in the WWE right now and ECW 5 would win based on pure wrestling. Now so maybe they dont have the Charisma and the mic skills. But if you ever saw a Taz promo in ECW, you know he can cut a dam good promo. If you ever saw Tajiri in ECW you know he could work a crowd and be a good heel. Same with other guys like Steve Corino, Shane Douglas, and Chris Candido. You had guys like the Sandman, and New jack who were far from wrestlers but were way over. Just like in the WWE John Cena and Batista these guys arnt amazing wreslters yet there over the way the WWE has pushed them. No real WCW stars have gone to the top of WWE either what about guys like DDP, Goldberg, Nash, Hall, Kanyon. These guys were all gone in a year. Atleast ECW guys would stay around. I think the Dudley Boys did pretty good in the WWE. Alot of the ECW guys are held back Taz couldnt drop people on there neck anymore the office would go nuts. RVD would do the Van Terminator once a year in the WWE. Super Crazy, Tajiri, and Little Gudio all were watered down. They could go 100% like they were used to in ECW.

And can you please explain to me on why you think Tommy Dreamer isnt just as limited as guys like Jerry Lynn and Lance Storm? And how you think the original ECW is like the new one?

Tommy Dreamer is the Heart and soul of ECW old and new, no one can take that away from tommy, he went to limits for the new ECW just like the old, getting destroyed by Khali, thrown on ring steps, thrown onto steel railings, im not saying that all ECW wrestlers where limited, but WWE wanted there own gimmicks and not many of the ECW alumni could make them work and couldnt adapt to the wwe;s schedule and style, that was the problem, Raven i feel can, like RVD Raven can work a match, Raven can shoot a promo, yes Taz could do the same, but agian due to injury he was limited and i agree wasnt pushed right, he was the one guy i wanted to see suceed past his commentating position but didnt go past it which is a sorry situation, as for the others all i will say is this, Rhyno was fired due to a very public situation at a hotel, Jerry Lynn needed a gimmick changed by the wwe it was there choice to make, they tried letting him ride especially with his shoot promo he did with the light heavyweight title saying that the wwe didnt push him to his potential did it lead to anything no, would his in ring ability mattered at the time no, because the wwe are like that they will push someone if they see money or credibility as for lance storm he said it himself he would never politic and would be happy where he is and that my friend is the truth.

Paul Heyman even stated himself that most of the guys in ECW had flaws and his job was to hide those flaws, that was the reason the wwe couldnt do anything with them, you know that as well as i do, i wasnt insulting the good name of those wrestlers some (like dreamer) deserve a push but cannot compare to someone like raven who has managed to develop a career without his old hardcore gimmicks but the problem with the big companies is that they thing that ECW stars are only hardcore spot monkeys!

That is the Job as a Booker for any company. you hide the weaknesses and accenuate the strengths. Something that the WWE hasn't done in years. Raven is perhaps the smartest man to ever step into a Wrestling ring. No Wrestler ever has no flaws, and the ones that have no wrestling Skills as a whole, their names either end with Rotten are New Jack or the Sandman. they were given a position that filled a roll. Sandman is considered good because of his balance and his Gimmick, there the holes in his ability fixed give him a singapore cane and he is good to go. New Jack give him a trolley full of stuff ther you have the holes covered, the Rottens get them drunk break a glass beer bottle into tiny bits wrap their hands and put Glue then put their fists in the broken beer glass and you have a match that the Rottens can do because all they need to do is Punch each other in the head with the glass. You have their flaws covered. Raven and a lot of the ECW were talented and worked their asses off. Vince McMahon and the Booker's at WWE do not know how to book Wrestlers by hiding flaws. most often they go out and expose them due to poor booking.

I think the return of Raven under the ECW banner could be a great one that brings a lot back a lot of interest in ECW. He is an ECW original that one is truly distinct in personality and approach. While Tommy Dreamer goes at it night after night, Raven can do damage from the shadows. If anything, Raven and CM Punk can continue their old R.O.H. fued and perhaps we will get the added bonus of either the ECW Television title or the FTW title as a secondary belt.

from wrestlezone.com
The latest on Raven is that he's through with the company. Reportedly, his contract expired and TNA decided against offering him a new one.

This confirms that Raven and TNA are officially done for, i dont understand why they would let a main event talent like raven get away but TNA's stupidity is the WWE'S gain i really do think that ECW will be Ravens next move

tna had no idea left for raven nor did raven have any ideas for them to give him, i see raven staying with tna and helping with storylines. i don't see raven going back to wwe the way it is now

Not at all. I love Raven he is one of my favorite wrestlers. With mic skills better then the rock imo. He is extremely talented wrestler, but I don't think he will go back to wwe. They didn't like the Raven character being played by Raven. The watered down his character way too much. After his contract expired with WWE
they started making a new watered down raven which is now know as Edge.

ECW will never be the same as it was in the past even if Raven did go back. He was screwed by wwe and i feel he will never go back..

If they would quit this whole ECW New Breed thing and brought back alot of ecw originals along with some new guys then and only then could Raven not only make a great WWECW return, but ECW would be entertaining and would be the proper environment for him.

So like I said it won't happen, but I do wish it would because Raven is sick as hell.

Ah Raven coming back to ECW. That would be a surprise. He embodies everything about the old ECW, along with Sandman, Dreamer and Terry Funk.

Shame he probably wont return though. I think there is still bad blood between him and the WWE. Plus, he is old school ECW, not the watered down, C Brand show that Vince has made ECW. Only reason I still wtach the damn show is because of CM Punk

Personally, I always loved Raven. His gimmick was belieavble and he wrestled some great matches in his wrestling career.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back