• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ratings barrier broken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Martyn

Dazed and Confused
TNA iMPACT! Shatters Ratings Record - Highest Ever
06/22/2007 by Ryan Clark

TNA shattered their iMPACT! ratings record last night, scoring just over a 1.2 rating, the highest in the history of the series.

It's interesting to note that reruns of CSI: Miami were the lead-in, while reruns of the UFC Ultimate Fighter reality series followed TNA. That will have to help TNA's standing with SpikeTV as they continue to negotiate a new deal for what many in the company hope will be a two hour series.

This is great news for TNA.

Pretty sexy news. Any thoughts? Fluke? or is it expected after coming off of a strong PPV outing and the spoilers indicating the Joe Title win?

This is good news for TNA, but it will be a fluke if they can not repeat this next week. Hopefully they can as they promoted a Worlds title match and that should bring in some people to see. I really think it is based off two things and that is Angle becoming champion as people wanted to tune in for that plus the spoliers of Joe winning gold had to have some afftect. Still anyway you look at it...its great news as it helps for a two hour slot, but if they dont have the same next week then its a fluke.

Probably a bit of both, I don't know about the US but don't certain days have weaker lineups than others? this is a one off thing until they do it consistently, this is a good thing and it does show growth, if they can get it up to a 2.0 in the next year we know that the WWE is going to be getting better, possibly meaning the start of another boom period of wrestling so this is good news from where I stand, hopefully this sets TNA as the strong number 2 in America.

Probably a bit of both, I don't know about the US but don't certain days have weaker lineups than others? this is a one off thing until they do it consistently, this is a good thing and it does show growth, if they can get it up to a 2.0 in the next year we know that the WWE is going to be getting better, possibly meaning the start of another boom period of wrestling so this is good news from where I stand, hopefully this sets TNA as the strong number 2 in America.

Wishful thinking? This is a fluke to the 5th power! I don't believe for a second that TNA has the starpower or the excellent storyline to maintain these viewers, I can't tell you how many times I gave them a chance only to turn the channel shaking my head at the poor show I just wasted an hour watching. I am not sure what caused this to happen, but until they do it on a regular basis I won't buy it. I will believe TNA can become a solid 2 when they get to a 2.0 on a regular basis, right now they are still behind ECW in the ratings and have a LOT to do before they can pass it. This is average news, good news would be that they did it again or bettered it.

Good news for TNA, although it's a low rating if WWE were to pull it lol... I hope TNA continues to grow, and unlike everyone else who is constantly bashing TNA, I still enjoy the product. It isn't great, but it's another wrestling show, another group of wrestlers (another roster), it's competition...

I don't understand how people can say it's a fluke. TNA has been hovering around the 1.0 and 1.1 mark for forever now. They're coming off one of their biggest PPVs, which was also their Anniversary PPV, which also saw the crowning of a champion. It's now summer, and ratings traditionally go up in the summer. Last weeks Raw got a 4.1 rating. This weeks rating probably would have been high as well, may still be.

I don't understand how this is a fluke. This is more of a natural occurrence. And once summer is over and kids are back in school, they'll be back in the same range again, most likely.

I don't think it's a fluke. At Slammiversary Angle became champ so people wanted to see that. And it's been in the 1 area for a while and was bound to move up soon anyways.

This is great news for TNA because it's showing that their really growing. They could match it or even get a better rating this week to because of the TNA championship match. It's really starting to look up for TNA I think despite people bashing them and saying it's a fluke.

Wishful thinking? This is a fluke to the 5th power! I don't believe for a second that TNA has the starpower or the excellent storyline to maintain these viewers, I can't tell you how many times I gave them a chance only to turn the channel shaking my head at the poor show I just wasted an hour watching. I am not sure what caused this to happen, but until they do it on a regular basis I won't buy it. I will believe TNA can become a solid 2 when they get to a 2.0 on a regular basis, right now they are still behind ECW in the ratings and have a LOT to do before they can pass it. This is average news, good news would be that they did it again or bettered it.

Doesn't have the starpower? Maybe, even though TNA has the far superior talent to WWE. The storylines? Well, men having a simple fight over a title is a hell of a lot more realistic and exciting than Vince McMahon being killed for apparently no reason.

lol, I agree Mr. Sam! That's why i'm glad that they decided to drop the angle with vince dieing considering all of the news lately with sensational sherri and benoit. People just fueding for a belt is more realistic then...i'm gonna say over half of the storylines in WWE! Also, looking at the TNA roster, I think that they have the potential to pull big numbers in the following months! It's no secret that thier ppv's have been rising in viewers lately and it's obviously gonna show in the show numbers! 1.2 is amazing for TNA and I hope that they keep up the good work! One thing I am surprised we have overlooked so far is the fact that they are going to 2 hours soon! What is yet to be decided is if they are staying on Spike! Tv or if they will be moving for thier extended programming. It will be an interesting decision sure to change the future of TNA!

Let's not underplay the 1.2. TNA is still in it's baby stage, and for it to be a 1.2 is a damn good accomplishment.

TNA is on a thursday night, traditionally the toughest night on TV. A 1.2 for a one hour wrestling show with results already available online, without the promotion power of WWE, Spike TV not really giving it the proper advertisment, TNA is doing well for itself.

TNA iMPACT! scored a 1.2 rating this week, with a 1.9 share.

TNA matched its rating from last week.

Well now you have to say that wasnt fluke and will eat my own words from that. But now we have to see if TNA can be able to do this again and you know this can attribute some to the WHC match they had or just having Angle as champion is drawing. But anyway you look at it great news for TNA again.

Two weeks in a row with impressive numbers from TNA. A record breaking week followed by a record tying week. I'm very happy for TNA right now. That means they left their big pay per view, and were able to retain the new viewers the next week. Baby steps is all you need.

Well my opnion of the ratings barrier is simple. I saw the ppvs. I watched impact on fox sports. Well I saw this comming. Tna is quickly becoming no 2. I saw this comming with tna constantly putting on better shows every week and breaking the glass celing. Those effects will lead the jarrett promotion to more acceptance as the alternitive. Much like ecw was in the ninties with so much to chose from people will flock to tna on the promise of better matches.

to quote james vandeburg "i could be wrong"

TNA's been number two for a while. Seriously, name a promotion other than WWE that's been ahead of TNA within the last two or three years.

Anyway, this has been a long time coming and, while it's nowhere near the time for WWE to shut up shop, it shows that TNA is growing in popularity. It can only be good news for the wrestling community and, with ROH getting a TV deal, we could be entering a new golden age of wrestling. Maybe I'm exagerrating... whatever.

I don't think your over playing this at all. If anything, it puts more pressure on Spike to open up to a 2nd hour. On top of the fact that Fox is starting to take a serious look into the company. If I'm the WWE, this isn't good news. I think we are closer now to the wrestling war then we thought we would be at this point.

I've said it in the other thread, if Fox and Rupert Murdoch get behind TNA financially, it's going to be a very serious threat to the WWE. The better the ratings are now, the more power it gives to TNA in their negotiations. If I'm TNA I'm seriously considering taking the Fox deal, Spike has really done nothing to promote Impact.

If i was TNA I would take Fox's deal as Spike does nothing to promote Impact like you said Shocky as Spike all it does is promote the UFC and once in a great while you get an Impact commerical. Fox can only help improve Impact as you know they will run commericals on their other channels and do just about as much advertising as NBC does WWE.

Ratings stay like this will give TNA all the leverage room they need to leave Spike TV. And i'm hoping they do move from Spike as Spike been ok but nothing great for the product. Heres to FOX!

You guys might be going a tad overboard right now, 2 weeks in a row is good but still .4 behind ECW the WWE's lowest rated wrestling show. They showed they can keep them for 1 week, but I want to see them do this for 2 months or more so this isn't a mini thing. Fox is looking at them, why I don't know. One would think TNA would want a 2 hour show on spike and go from there first.

To be fair it's still too early to say whether it was a fluke or not. I'm not saying it's specifically because of the following they got great ratings again, but maybe a lot of people were tuning in because of all this Benoit stuff, to see if TNA would say anything?

Obviously the regulars were all tuning in but maybe that little extra was watching because of that?

Maybe they were tuning in because WWE was understandably being dull this week?

All stuff to consider....

This is good for TNA. Now that they got the rating for 2 weeks they could esily get 2 hours from Spike or go over to Fox. I hope they go to Fox since Spike doesn't promote TNA as much as they should. But this is just a good sign all around as it really shows their growing and it's not a fluke.

In all fairness to the impact / ECW ratings.... WWE advertises the HELL out of ECW! When I watch raw there is probably 10 ECW commercials.... not to mention they have to put Austin on there and send big names over.....

Lets not forget TNA is 5 years old and does not have the wcw pocketbook!!

TNA is doing better than expected!

TNN or Spike has never promoted Wrestling as a main entity you go back to ECW they fucked ECW over by placing it on a friday with some Roller Derby thing on after it I think, they only Advertised ECW during ECW. RAW was no better from what I can understand, the suits at Spike think that Wrestling programs don't need Advertising so in TNA getting a 1.2 two weeks running is good, if they can keep it and then have TNA on Fox with advertising they could start a new Wrestling War.

all TNA needs is the 2 hour slot, if they can finally get that, then ppl will start respecting them more and maybe start tuning in to see WWEs competition, not to mention better usage of their exellent wrestlers, how TNA stays behind ECW in ratings is beyond me =/

it should be up to 2.0 by now, maybe next year they can get it up to 1.5 or just 1.7... just so they pass ECW... i would like to see what vince would do to ECW if it started losing to TNA in ratings XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back