Ratings Are In

Could also be better (obv). I really wish TNA the best, but they have to realize that what they are doing isn't working. At least they can consistently draw the 0.8...

Could also be better (obv). I really wish TNA the best, but they have to realize that what they are doing isn't working. At least they can consistently draw the 0.8...

How is what they're doing not working? Their ratings are staying steady, they just now started promoting on Monday, and Raw's ratings are down from where they normally are. How is it not working?

Silly Sly, Impact isn't beating Raw in the ratings 100-to-1 so that obviously means that TNA is a complete failure and will be out of business by the end of the week. Duh, don't you read the interweb?!

It isn't working as in they haven't consistently made any improvement. They have enough of a following to maintain a certain rating, but haven't made significant improvement as far as gaining any ground is concerned.

TNA is looking at this as a competition. They switched nights to go head to head, and while it is unrealistic to expect a massive swing of viewers, they have now shifted to the point where they air an hour ahead of RAW. Hopefully, though it hasn't been effective yet, this yields better results.

I don't think TNA is dead, nor should be dead anytime soon. Just, whatever they have done so far hasn't yielded significant results. Of course, that depends on what you consider significant. I personally hope for the success of TNA, as competition would likely boost the overall product put out by both companies, and this would be a huge plus for any fan.

It isn't working as in they haven't consistently made any improvement. They have enough of a following to maintain a certain rating, but haven't made significant improvement as far as gaining any ground is concerned.

TNA is looking at this as a competition. They switched nights to go head to head, and while it is unrealistic to expect a massive swing of viewers, they have now shifted to the point where they air an hour ahead of RAW. Hopefully, though it hasn't been effective yet, this yields better results.

I don't think TNA is dead, nor should be dead anytime soon. Just, whatever they have done so far hasn't yielded significant results. Of course, that depends on what you consider significant. I personally hope for the success of TNA, as competition would likely boost the overall product put out by both companies, and this would be a huge plus for any fan.
Hogan and Bischoff have only been there for 3-4 months. They've only gone against Raw for what, 4 weeks total?

You people have completely unrealistic time frame expectations.

I'm not expecting a drastic change. I actually said that it was good they were able to draw the same numbers consistently. Instant gratification is always going to be a problem no matter what genre someone is involved in.

It isn't important what time frame expectations we have for TNA, rather what expectations they have for themselves, and if they are living up to said expectations. The recent time jump says they feel change is still needed, so we can only really wait and see if this yields change.

Silly Sly, Impact isn't beating Raw in the ratings 100-to-1 so that obviously means that TNA is a complete failure and will be out of business by the end of the week. Duh, don't you read the interweb?!

I think there should be alarm over the fact that they've LOST viewership since making the move to Monday nights.

I think there should be alarm over the fact that they've LOST viewership since making the move to Monday nights.

So, when they're running a program at the same time another company is running the same kind of program, they're expected to keep the same viewers? That's absurd. Of course they're going to lose some viewers, I'm surprised it hasn't been more.

TNA is going head to head with Raw, competing for the same viewers. But what needs to be noted is that while TNA is losing viewers, so has Raw. So, obviously, while TNA is hurting in ratings, so is Raw.

Yeah this isn't a huge deal. Now going from something like a .9 or whatever down to a .6 like they did a few weeks back, that was worth getting worried over. This isn't bad. It's not exactly good but it's not the end of the world. Now if they keep steadily dropping, then there's an issue. Too early to say though for sure.

Then where are those viewers?

They are being split. When TNA was on Thursdays, the same people would watch Raw on Monday and Impact on Thursday. For example, I would watch Raw on Monday and Impact on Thursday. Now, however, instead of being able to watch both, I have to choose one or the other. If I watch Impact, Raw loses my viewership, if I watch Raw, then Impact loses me.

That's how ratings are getting split, and you can tell they're getting split because BOTH shows have suffered a hit in the ratings, which means both shows are taking viewers from the other.

...What? That's a completely asinine statement. It's alarming that their ratings would go down when they're competing head-to-head with the WWE? How is that alarming? I believe the words you're looking for are "completely expected by everyone" or "makes perfect sense". Do you think people should be alarmed that Raw's rating went down when it went head-to-head with the NCAA championship game? No, because the drop in ratings is to be expected when going head to head. It's absurd for you to think otherwise.

TNA is in the same exact boat they were in a year ago today, only now they have more stars they can utilize. You guys are acting like TNA scored 1.5s every week before Bischoff and Hogan came along when the truth is they've been getting the same 0.9-1.1 ratings for years now.

...What? That's a completely asinine statement. It's alarming that their ratings would go down when they're competing head-to-head with the WWE? How is that alarming? I believe the words you're looking for are "completely expected by everyone" or "makes perfect sense". Do you think people should be alarmed that Raw's rating went down when it went head-to-head with the NCAA championship game? No, because the drop in ratings is to be expected when going head to head. It's absurd for you to think otherwise.

TNA is in the same exact boat they were in a year ago today, only now they have more stars they can utilize. You guys are acting like TNA scored 1.5s every week before Bischoff and Hogan came along when the truth is they've been getting the same 0.9-1.1 ratings for years now.

But, X, isn't that concerning in and of itself? They have made all these changes, brought in all of these new faces, and they're still only getting the "same 0.9-1.1 ratings for years now." "The exact same boat they were in a year ago."

People like yourself and Sly come on here and preach patience with respect to TNA, and I agree with you. But it's been years now and TNA is still stagnated at the same place in the ratings. How much longer to people need to be patient, how many more years do we have to wait before the WWE/TNA argument has some relevance?

Because let's face it, if it's still a work in progress which will take years to come to fruition, Hogan, Flair, Sting, even Angle likely won't be around to be a part of it. Then what?

Check List:

Go in ratings thread [x]
See no-one attack TNA [x]
See crazy sarcasm for no apparent reason [x]
Bonus points for mock bad spelling [x]
More crazy sarcasm in support of previous crazy sarcasm [x]
Profit [x]

Did anyone actually expect TNA to be doing any better at this point in time? I didn't. Improvement in ratings will be a long, slow-developing process. Am I in love with everything Hogan and Bischoff are doing? No. But I don't think they have hurt ratings either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back