• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rank The WrestleManias

That's true. I can just picture Vince being the only one actually upset the war ended. It was still a solid story. Also there was the epic Savage vs. Warrior match, the surprise appearance by Andre during the IC match, The Undertaker becoming the phenom, Harts teaming for the last time, Virgil finally getting his hands on Dibiase, and the admitedly silly blindfold match that the crowd seemed to like. As a matter of fact the crowd was pretty hot all night long even for the filler.

Haven't done this in a long, long time.

1. WM 8
2. WM 17
3. WM 4
4. WM 19
5. WM 23 (probably because I was there)
6. WM 5
7. WM 7
8. WM 3
9. WM 14
10. WM 22
11. WM 21
12. WM 16
13. WM 26
14. WM 25
15. WM 18
16. WM 6
17. WM 12
18. WM 13
19. WM 2
20. WM 10
21. WM 24
22. WM 20
23. WM 1
24. WM 9
25. WM 15
26. WM 11

Just curious why so low on 10 and 20? I thought 10 had two of the best matches ever. 20 would have been a lot better if it were an hour shorter. Cut some of the crap in the middle and I'd say it was one of the best.

By the way, I was at 23 too. Crowd pop was awesome when Taker kicked out of the Batista Bomb.

Just curious why so low on 10 and 20? I thought 10 had two of the best matches ever. 20 would have been a lot better if it were an hour shorter. Cut some of the crap in the middle and I'd say it was one of the best.

You're right, 10 is much better than I gave credit for. WM 10 should probably be in the #10 slot (not sure how this happened), move everything else down a spot. WM 20 just isn't one of my favorites (I created a thread a few weeks back, so I'm not going through it all again).

24 is an underrated show and I'm glad to see it getting some love from NorCal. Maywhether/Show still sucks though, I'm still unsure as to who was face and who was heel.

24 is an underrated show and I'm glad to see it getting some love from NorCal. Maywhether/Show still sucks though, I'm still unsure as to who was face and who was heel.

Well, you know, its in the modern era, so it cant be awesome of course :rolleyes:

By FAR and away, best production, showmanship, atmosphere, and overall wrestling card.

Well, you know, its in the modern era, so it cant be awesome of course :rolleyes:

By FAR and away, best production, showmanship, atmosphere, and overall wrestling card.

Being there for it live was insane. Just looking around and seeing all those people and all the lights and the pyro. One of the best times of my life. You can actually kind of see me at the beginning. When the camera pans down from the WM 24 banner and stops, I'm the one freaking out shaking my sign. Good times. Good times.

I admit I'm harsh with my opinion on new events. I usually like things better a couple years later. I need to give this another look. The production and atmosphere was great. No doubt about it. The ariel shot of the crowd in the outdoor stadium at night is just gorgeous. As for the action, I didn't think anything stood out too much besides HBK vs. Flair. Taker vs. Edge was good but it just didn't feel like a mania main event to me. I also don't care for triple threat title matches at mania. They can be ok but I prefer a traditional singles match instead. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show. Don't mistake my lower ranking for thinking the show was bad. I just liked others more.

My world has just been crushed.

*kills self*

Well if it makes you feel better, jmt225 loves Hogan vs. Slaughter. That was easily a top 10 favorite match for me when I was a kid, and perhaps even my favorite Hogan match. The poster for that event is still the greatest wrestling poster of all time:

WrestleManiaVII.jpg

Anyways, like Norcal, too many to just list them all off, so I'll just say my favorites.

18 (fuck anyone who dare claims Hogan vs. Rock is overrated)

That's actually more than I thought I was going to put. Note though I still haven't watched Wrestlemania 26. I actually have the DVD, but I've still only watched the Hall of Fame ceremony at this point. I'll get around to it eventually.

Oh, and Wrestlemania 21 is my least favorite. Awful event, IMO.

Oh, and Wrestlemania 21 is my least favorite. Awful event, IMO.

That surprises me. I thought Eddie vs. Rey, MITB, Taker vs. Orton, and HBK vs. Angle were all good. I also liked Hogan's part and thought it was nice to see Piper and Austin together. I wasn't too crazy about the championship matches but the fact that both Cena and Batista went on to become such big stars helps. Cena vs. JBL could have been so much better with a little more time and better booking. I could see not liking it, but I'm surprised that you think it was the worst.

I admit I'm harsh with my opinion on new events. I usually like things better a couple years later. I need to give this another look. The production and atmosphere was great. No doubt about it. The ariel shot of the crowd in the outdoor stadium at night is just gorgeous. As for the action, I didn't think anything stood out too much besides HBK vs. Flair. Taker vs. Edge was good but it just didn't feel like a mania main event to me. I also don't care for triple threat title matches at mania. They can be ok but I prefer a traditional singles match instead. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the show. Don't mistake my lower ranking for thinking the show was bad. I just liked others more.

Thats the thing though, nothing stood out per se, but the entire thing was solid to great. HBK Vs Flair and Edge vs taker were both great, Mayweather vs Show could not have BEEN better and more entertaining / hilarious, the triple threat was awesome, MITB was damn good, even the womens match wasnt offensive. Best show, top to bottom. Every other show has at least one fucking terrible match, besides 26.

26 is close on wrestling card, cant match up for production and atmosphere though

That surprises me. I thought Eddie vs. Rey, MITB, Taker vs. Orton, and HBK vs. Angle were all good. I also liked Hogan's part and thought it was nice to see Piper and Austin together. I wasn't too crazy about the championship matches but the fact that both Cena and Batista went on to become such big stars helps. Cena vs. JBL could have been so much better with a little more time and better booking. I could see not liking it, but I'm surprised that you think it was the worst.

The only match I really enjoyed was 'Taker vs. Orton.

Eddie vs. Rey was too short with a very abrupt ending; HBK vs. Angle was too long and a bit of a snoozefest; this has the weakest MITB of them all IMO; and the two main events were God awful trash.

I'm sure technically it's not the worst 'Mania, but it is most definitely my least favorite. I had high hopes for the card and pretty much everything ended up disappointing me.

The Hall of Fame ceremony from the night before was pretty awesome, though.

Wrestlemanias 1-29 Detailed List

29.IX- Worst wrestlemania by far the wrestling on this show was terrible all the matches sucked cock except HBK vs Tatanka & Stieners vs Headshrinkers. The main event between Yoko & Bret was solid but overshadowed by Hogan randomly coming down after and beating him in 20 sec. That would be like Cena squashing Ryback after his first world title win in the main event. This one is a disgrace.
28.XV- Another show with terrible booking and shit matches. New Age Outlaws switch fueds a week before the show, special ref match on the show, and a tag title match with the opponents randomly thrown together in a battle royale on heat. Only reason this isn't last is Austin/Rock was a great main event and X-pac/shane was good too.
27.II-The first half of this show is god awful and painful to watch it being billed from 3 different cities didn't help the flow either. Some good matches include Bulldogs/Dream Team, Funks/JYD&Santana, and the main event was at least decent. Bad show overall
26. XI- This show really has nothing memorable on it and the main event with LT/Bam Bam was better then expected but has no business being the main event. The IC and world title matches were both pretty good but a real lackluster show overall
25.V-This show suffered from poor pacing the middle of this show was rough. You had a Run DMC concert, interviews, Mr. Fuji running a marathon, Piper's pit, and a No Holds Barred commercial all smack dab in the middle with a couple of short matches breaking it up. A couple of decent undercard matches could've used the extra time like Blazer/Perfect and the tag matches. IC and World title matches were both good but really not worth sitting through the rest of the show.
24.I- This show didn't age well I'll give it props for creating a 29 year legacy but this show is a big nothing. No real must see matches nothing terrible on it though.
23. IV- This show was porly booked 16 guys on a tournament is too much. If it was lowered to 8 the quality would've improved. What business did guys like Butch Reed and Dino Bravo have competing for the world title. Ricky Steamboat and Macho Man's matches were the only good ones and Savage's first title win is a highlight.
22. XXV- Definitely the most disappointing and worst show of the modern era. MITB was one of the worst filled with botches, divas battle royale was shit, Jericho was wasted on three senior citizens Steamboat saved that from being complete shit. IC title wasted in a 30 second match. Both title matches were nothing must see especially HHH/Orton. That match had poor pacing and psychology and was a weak ass main event. Hardys match was pretty good but the reall reason this isn't in the bottom 5 is HBK/Taker they put on a clinic and really saved a otherwise underwhelming show.
21. Another weak recent show I don't hate it as much as most though. Decent undercard with Orton/Punk, Rey/Rhodes, & Edge/Del Rio world titles shouldn't open the show though. Both tag matches were only a few minutes and the backstage segments looked as if they were targeted to people with mental illneses. Taker/HHH was great and kept me on the edge of my seat. The main event was ok but didn't feel worthy of the biggest show. The real thing that brought the show down was Lawler/Cole took up 30 mins right in the middle of the show sucked the life out of the show. Decent overall
20. XIII- I don't hate this show the IC and world matches really sucked but a good chuck of this show is entertaining. HHH/Goldust and tag title were good, street fight was entertaining. Of course Austin/Hart is an all time classic and really make this show decent.
19.XVI- Another show that alot of people hate that I don't mind. Triangle ladder match and triple threat were both great. Main event got good when it was down to HHH and the Rock. There is alot of random tag matches that aren't that good. Hardcore battle royale was fun.
18. XXII- Decent show a little overated though. Edge/Foley was the best match, i liked HBK/McMahon and the main event too, the crowd made that match. WHC was a good fast paced spot fest could've used another 5-10 mins though. Everything else ranged from ok to forgettable.
17.VI- Fun show start to finish I was entertained throughout. Good undercard matches include Rockers/Orient Express, Perfect/Beefcake, Tag Titles, Jake/Dibiase and everything else was ok. The main event was incredible first face vs face match and it was done to perfection great way to end the show.
16. XXVI- A show I had to watch twice to really appreciate. The main event was the greatest of all time and a great send off for HBK. Both title matches were good as well as HHH/Sheamus and Mysterio/Punk. Show started off slow but made up for it at the end. Bret/Vince is the worst match i've ever seen which brings it down a little. Good overall though.
15.VIII- A show that ushered in the new generation era to some degree. Taker, HBK, and Bret all got big wins over veterans. Especially Bret who beat Piper clean for the IC title in a great match. World title was great as well. The show blew its load after that and the matches couldn't follow it. The main event was pretty weak but a nice suprise from Warrior sent the crowd home happy. Enjoyable show.
14. XXIX- This is where I would rank the most recent show everthing on the undercard was pretty good and I really enjoyed the Shield opener. Punk/Taker was great and I enjoyed HHH/Lesnar alot more then there summerslam match. The main event lost the epic dream match encounter it had last year I like how they played off that match though. The ending was a little sloppy good show overall.
13. XVIII-I liked the undercard and everything was at least decent. Taker/Flair and HHH/Jericho were both very good. But this show will always be remembered for Rock/Hogan the first ever dream match it still gives me goosebumps to watch. Good show
12. VII- An underrated show a lot of hidden gems on this show the opener got the crowd hyped. The tag title and IC title matches were both good as was the main event. The match of the night was Savage/Warrior retirement match the emotion and it has not been surpassed since. Enjoyed this one
11. XXIII- This show passed expectations I enjoyed MVP/Benoit and MITB was good and star studded. Hair vs Hair was entertaining and both title matches delivered. Taker/Batista and HBK/Cena are probably the 2nd best pair of title matches on a mania.
10. XII- This show is hard to grade because 1/2 the show is one match but, when that match features 2 of my favorite wrestlers putting on a 60+ min clinic it's hard not to put this one in my top 10 HBK entrance and first title win are two great wrestlemania moments. Undercard was enjoyable and there wasn't a bad match. Taker/Diesel was a good big man match.
9. XXVIII- Last years show was great after the disappointment of Bryan/Sheamus passed I was able to enjoy the rest of the show. The undercard matches were all decent even the divas. This show has the best trifecta of main events since 17. End of an Era had some much emotion and brutality, Punk/Y2J was a great wrestling match and Cena/Rock was another dream match that came to be and It delivered. Fantastic show.
8. XXIV- Another great recent show. Opened with a good brawl and MITB was probably 2nd best ever. HBK/Flair was a great technicial match with great storytelling. WWE title match and Show/Mayweather were both throughly enjoyable. The main event was fantastic Taker and Edge delivered a top 10 main event.
7. III- This was the first wrestlemania that felt like a WM and it holds up well today as a classic. All the matches had good storylines and kept the crowd intrested. Steamboat/Savage is unquestionably the match of that decade and a good candidate for top 10 all time. Hogan/Andre was the biggest draw possible and I enjoyed that match the crowd ate up everything they did. Fantastic show.
6.XX-MSG can turn a good show great and this show is a prime example. Cena/Show hyped the crowd up in a solid opener. Rock & Sock/Evolution and Y2J/Christian were great undercard matches. The rest of the undercard was decent except Lesnar/Goldberg which is why this one can't be top 5. The title matches on this show are the best pair on a show Angle/Eddie was great and HHH/HBK/Benoit is the best triple threat match i've seen. Great celebration to close the show.
5. Another example of what a hot MSG crowd can do to a show. Bret/Owen is the best opener in history and could've main evented. The rest of the undercard ranged from good to ok. The ladder match between HBK/Razor was the first great ladder match and another great addition to the show. The main event between Yoko and Bret was solid and the celebration was a great closing moment.
4.XXI-I loved this show start to finish the backstage segments and movie spoofs were entertaining and original. The undercard on this show is arguably the best. Eddie/Rey great opener, MITB was original the best one to date, Taker/Orton was good and HBK/Angle is my favorite match ever. The sumo and women matches were short enough not to affect the grade. Cena/JBL is memorable for Cena's first title win the match was weak though. The main event was a good match that saw another first time champ in Batista. Overall this show ushered in the current day era and ranks among my favorites.
3. XIV- My first wrestlemania still stands the test of time and was the start of the attitude era. The undercard didn't have one bad match and was enjoyable. Taker/Kane was the best big man match i've seen and had one of the best builds I thought Kane was really gonna kill Undetaker. The main event was great considered both guys just had career altering injuries.
2.XIX- A really stacked card that was timed well with all the matches getting a good length to them. The undercard had good matches too. All the main event matches delivered HBK/Y2J was a great return match for HBK. HHH/Booker T was good but had an anti climatic ending. Hogan/McMahon was an entertaining bloody street fight. Rock/Austin was good and memorable for Austin's last match. The main event was great and saw two great amatuers have a great mat based match.
1. My favorite show of all time nothing can touch this show. All the matches were built well and delivered. The undercard was good and had some gems. This show catered too all Angle/Benoit was a great technical match, Shane/Vince told a great storyand was entertaining, TLC II was a great spotfest, HHH/Taker holds up as a great streak match, and Austin/Rock II was the best of the three and meant the most and all the these matches were at least ****.

Wrestlemanias 1-29 Detailed List

29.IX- Worst wrestlemania by far the wrestling on this show was terrible all the matches sucked cock except HBK vs Tatanka & Stieners vs Headshrinkers. The main event between Yoko & Bret was solid but overshadowed by Hogan randomly coming down after and beating him in 20 sec. That would be like Cena squashing Ryback after his first world title win in the main event. This one is a disgrace.
28.XV- Another show with terrible booking and shit matches. New Age Outlaws switch fueds a week before the show, special ref match on the show, and a tag title match with the opponents randomly thrown together in a battle royale on heat. Only reason this isn't last is Austin/Rock was a great main event and X-pac/shane was good too.
27.II-The first half of this show is god awful and painful to watch it being billed from 3 different cities didn't help the flow either. Some good matches include Bulldogs/Dream Team, Funks/JYD&Santana, and the main event was at least decent. Bad show overall
26. XI- This show really has nothing memorable on it and the main event with LT/Bam Bam was better then expected but has no business being the main event. The IC and world title matches were both pretty good but a real lackluster show overall
25.V-This show suffered from poor pacing the middle of this show was rough. You had a Run DMC concert, interviews, Mr. Fuji running a marathon, Piper's pit, and a No Holds Barred commercial all smack dab in the middle with a couple of short matches breaking it up. A couple of decent undercard matches could've used the extra time like Blazer/Perfect and the tag matches. IC and World title matches were both good but really not worth sitting through the rest of the show.
24.I- This show didn't age well I'll give it props for creating a 29 year legacy but this show is a big nothing. No real must see matches nothing terrible on it though.
23. IV- This show was porly booked 16 guys on a tournament is too much. If it was lowered to 8 the quality would've improved. What business did guys like Butch Reed and Dino Bravo have competing for the world title. Ricky Steamboat and Macho Man's matches were the only good ones and Savage's first title win is a highlight.
22. XXV- Definitely the most disappointing and worst show of the modern era. MITB was one of the worst filled with botches, divas battle royale was shit, Jericho was wasted on three senior citizens Steamboat saved that from being complete shit. IC title wasted in a 30 second match. Both title matches were nothing must see especially HHH/Orton. That match had poor pacing and psychology and was a weak ass main event. Hardys match was pretty good but the reall reason this isn't in the bottom 5 is HBK/Taker they put on a clinic and really saved a otherwise underwhelming show.
21. Another weak recent show I don't hate it as much as most though. Decent undercard with Orton/Punk, Rey/Rhodes, & Edge/Del Rio world titles shouldn't open the show though. Both tag matches were only a few minutes and the backstage segments looked as if they were targeted to people with mental illneses. Taker/HHH was great and kept me on the edge of my seat. The main event was ok but didn't feel worthy of the biggest show. The real thing that brought the show down was Lawler/Cole took up 30 mins right in the middle of the show sucked the life out of the show. Decent overall
20. XIII- I don't hate this show the IC and world matches really sucked but a good chuck of this show is entertaining. HHH/Goldust and tag title were good, street fight was entertaining. Of course Austin/Hart is an all time classic and really make this show decent.
19.XVI- Another show that alot of people hate that I don't mind. Triangle ladder match and triple threat were both great. Main event got good when it was down to HHH and the Rock. There is alot of random tag matches that aren't that good. Hardcore battle royale was fun.
18. XXII- Decent show a little overated though. Edge/Foley was the best match, i liked HBK/McMahon and the main event too, the crowd made that match. WHC was a good fast paced spot fest could've used another 5-10 mins though. Everything else ranged from ok to forgettable.
17.VI- Fun show start to finish I was entertained throughout. Good undercard matches include Rockers/Orient Express, Perfect/Beefcake, Tag Titles, Jake/Dibiase and everything else was ok. The main event was incredible first face vs face match and it was done to perfection great way to end the show.
16. XXVI- A show I had to watch twice to really appreciate. The main event was the greatest of all time and a great send off for HBK. Both title matches were good as well as HHH/Sheamus and Mysterio/Punk. Show started off slow but made up for it at the end. Bret/Vince is the worst match i've ever seen which brings it down a little. Good overall though.
15.VIII- A show that ushered in the new generation era to some degree. Taker, HBK, and Bret all got big wins over veterans. Especially Bret who beat Piper clean for the IC title in a great match. World title was great as well. The show blew its load after that and the matches couldn't follow it. The main event was pretty weak but a nice suprise from Warrior sent the crowd home happy. Enjoyable show.
14. XXIX- This is where I would rank the most recent show everthing on the undercard was pretty good and I really enjoyed the Shield opener. Punk/Taker was great and I enjoyed HHH/Lesnar alot more then there summerslam match. The main event lost the epic dream match encounter it had last year I like how they played off that match though. The ending was a little sloppy good show overall.
13. XVIII-I liked the undercard and everything was at least decent. Taker/Flair and HHH/Jericho were both very good. But this show will always be remembered for Rock/Hogan the first ever dream match it still gives me goosebumps to watch. Good show
12. VII- An underrated show a lot of hidden gems on this show the opener got the crowd hyped. The tag title and IC title matches were both good as was the main event. The match of the night was Savage/Warrior retirement match the emotion and it has not been surpassed since. Enjoyed this one
11. XXIII- This show passed expectations I enjoyed MVP/Benoit and MITB was good and star studded. Hair vs Hair was entertaining and both title matches delivered. Taker/Batista and HBK/Cena are probably the 2nd best pair of title matches on a mania.
10. XII- This show is hard to grade because 1/2 the show is one match but, when that match features 2 of my favorite wrestlers putting on a 60+ min clinic it's hard not to put this one in my top 10 HBK entrance and first title win are two great wrestlemania moments. Undercard was enjoyable and there wasn't a bad match. Taker/Diesel was a good big man match.
9. XXVIII- Last years show was great after the disappointment of Bryan/Sheamus passed I was able to enjoy the rest of the show. The undercard matches were all decent even the divas. This show has the best trifecta of main events since 17. End of an Era had some much emotion and brutality, Punk/Y2J was a great wrestling match and Cena/Rock was another dream match that came to be and It delivered. Fantastic show.
8. XXIV- Another great recent show. Opened with a good brawl and MITB was probably 2nd best ever. HBK/Flair was a great technicial match with great storytelling. WWE title match and Show/Mayweather were both throughly enjoyable. The main event was fantastic Taker and Edge delivered a top 10 main event.
7. III- This was the first wrestlemania that felt like a WM and it holds up well today as a classic. All the matches had good storylines and kept the crowd intrested. Steamboat/Savage is unquestionably the match of that decade and a good candidate for top 10 all time. Hogan/Andre was the biggest draw possible and I enjoyed that match the crowd ate up everything they did. Fantastic show.
6.XX-MSG can turn a good show great and this show is a prime example. Cena/Show hyped the crowd up in a solid opener. Rock & Sock/Evolution and Y2J/Christian were great undercard matches. The rest of the undercard was decent except Lesnar/Goldberg which is why this one can't be top 5. The title matches on this show are the best pair on a show Angle/Eddie was great and HHH/HBK/Benoit is the best triple threat match i've seen. Great celebration to close the show.
5. Another example of what a hot MSG crowd can do to a show. Bret/Owen is the best opener in history and could've main evented. The rest of the undercard ranged from good to ok. The ladder match between HBK/Razor was the first great ladder match and another great addition to the show. The main event between Yoko and Bret was solid and the celebration was a great closing moment.
4.XXI-I loved this show start to finish the backstage segments and movie spoofs were entertaining and original. The undercard on this show is arguably the best. Eddie/Rey great opener, MITB was original the best one to date, Taker/Orton was good and HBK/Angle is my favorite match ever. The sumo and women matches were short enough not to affect the grade. Cena/JBL is memorable for Cena's first title win the match was weak though. The main event was a good match that saw another first time champ in Batista. Overall this show ushered in the current day era and ranks among my favorites.
3. XIV- My first wrestlemania still stands the test of time and was the start of the attitude era. The undercard didn't have one bad match and was enjoyable. Taker/Kane was the best big man match i've seen and had one of the best builds I thought Kane was really gonna kill Undetaker. The main event was great considered both guys just had career altering injuries.
2.XIX- A really stacked card that was timed well with all the matches getting a good length to them. The undercard had good matches too. All the main event matches delivered HBK/Y2J was a great return match for HBK. HHH/Booker T was good but had an anti climatic ending. Hogan/McMahon was an entertaining bloody street fight. Rock/Austin was good and memorable for Austin's last match. The main event was great and saw two great amatuers have a great mat based match.
1. My favorite show of all time nothing can touch this show. All the matches were built well and delivered. The undercard was good and had some gems. This show catered too all Angle/Benoit was a great technical match, Shane/Vince told a great storyand was entertaining, TLC II was a great spotfest, HHH/Taker holds up as a great streak match, and Austin/Rock II was the best of the three and meant the most and all the these matches were at least ****.
2exlx0g.png

1. WM 19
2. WM 17
3. WM 20
4. WM 21
5. WM 24
6. WM 18
7. WM 22
8. WM 25
9. WM 23
10. WM 14
11. WM 10