• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Randy Orton's possible problem

punk is gold

Occasional Pre-Show
Now we all know that the main audience the wwe is trying to target currently is children,with this is mind it may be a stupid question ,but does anyone think randy orton's tatoo's could prevent him from overtaking john cena as the face of this pg wwe.

yea i think so because some kids could find his tattos scary and cena is like a super hero to most kids that watch wwe.

Not at all :S - I really think that the kids think it makes him look cooler, not scary...

I mean kiddies love the undertaker and he has tatoos all over the place.

Orton is hugley over right now...your right, this was a stupid question

Just My Opinion

Tats are most definately in style right now to the point where, as someone who has one, aggravates me. Actually I think if Cena got some sort of a kickass TAT (please a c-slash or any of his other logos or signs) it would help him get on the good side of alot of people.

I remember back when I was younger that I thought tatoos on them were badass. I loved taker eventhough he had those tats. Nothing can change orton and his tats. My nephew loves orton. His tats don't do anything to change that

i like orton better than cena but i do think it will hurt his chances of overtaking cena because most little kids love cena and probably would be afraid of ortons tats

IMHO not at all... sorry but this really is a stupid question. the undertaker is , IMO, almost equivalent to the grim reaper and he does that creepy yet badass eye thing and yet people still go fucking crazy seeing him-tattoos and all. its the same for randy, he is basically a borderline psychopath and yet he's STILL one of the top faces

Kids may love tatoos but not all parents approve of a guy with them being their kids rolemodel which like it or not is what he would become.It's also the parents who buy the merchandise not the children (I myself have no problem with the tatoos).The Undertaker is a staple of the wwe however his character is very cartoonish which i believe distracts the kids from the tatoos,randy orton's character is much more reality based

Umm , no ? :icon_neutral:

Why would it ? It seems like the only possible "problem" with Orton is that he is sooo not good completely face . As Vince wants a role model for the kids not a scary tweener who is a "bully" according to Edge . I think John will stay the face of the company for a bit though .

Randy is good where he is . He shouldn't be the face of the company . (YET)

*NOTE: This is my opinion , don't hate or tell me I don't know anything , I'm not stupid .

Tattoos... a problem? No way. As a child growing up in the Attitude era I found the tattoos that were on the People's Champ to be amazing and idolised them. Nothing is different nowadays except maybe the more PG attitude and parents feeling the need to control their children.

Randy Orton for me is the one wrestler in the WWE who still caters for the adult audience. The Punt is defiantly not a childish move.

Kids love tattoos..wen they see them, they think they're cool...this hasn't affected taker, so i don;t think it will affect orton..i don't think him getting tattoos will make him any less over than cena is...the tattoo's orton ahs, they're cool aswell..

Wait, what?

Has Orton not been getting stadium exploding pops? Has he not actually caused a face heat war with Cena during matches? I'm either imagining those pops, or Orton is not having a problem with the child demographic.

How could Orton possibly be being held back because of his tattoos? The only thing that will fuck with Orton's favor with the kids is if he fucks with the wrong person. Keep Orton away from Cena, Taker, or Mysterio and you'll have a solid face for anyone. Give Orton another 3 months of this constant build against Edge, and he could possibly be used as the rock to anchor a heel turn for anyone in the WWE.

Orton isn't getting held back by anything in the WWE. Except maybe that shoddy shoulder. But we can all blame Mr. Anderson for that, huh?

Orton's ink a problem? No way. Orton gets massive pops, and he's easily one of the most, if not the most, popular guys in WWE right now. Undertaker has a bunch of tattoos, and he's one of WWE's legends, and he has been one of the most over guys on the roster for years. Also, who could forget about Mysterio? He's covered in tattoos, and he's a huge hit with the kids. The tattoos are not a problem, and they never will be. Orton's injuries might hold him back from being "the guy", but the tattoos will not.

Tattooing is so prevalent and accepted now, I'm more surprised when I see a wrestler WITHOUT them, so I don't think Randy's are a factor. In fact, visually, they kind of set him apart form the rest of the black-trunks-and-black-boots crowd.

No kid that watches wrestling is going to think a tattoo is scary, and no parent that lets their child watch wrestling is going to give a damn that one of the wrestlers has a tattoo. It's just that simple.

"It's alright little Johnny, I don't mind if you watch a show about grown men using violence to solve their problems with each other. Wait, one of them has a tattoo?! That changes EVERYTHING!"

I honestly dont think its Orton's tattoo's being a problem. I think it may be his serious tone. I personally find nothing wrong with this. Im talking about the children. Cena is the crowd-pleaser he's the kind who would do just about anything to make a kid happy and cheer, Orton's character is still in a way that he doesnt care if people cheer for him or not. Cena is just better for the children and this era.

I see Orton being the face for the next era, since it'll have a more edgier tone.

I don't think so, absolutely not, Undertaker for example is covered in tattoo's but the crowd absolutely loves him, the crowd absolutely loved Randy Orton, I don't think the body art of a wrestler will go on to affect their position in the company, it's about their characters, charisma etc. which is what WWE has been focusing on for the most of this time where the programming is targeting the children.

Besides while I'm not sure, I still think there's a chance that some of the kids out there has parents with tattoo's and due to it being so widespread today I don't think anything is gonna hurt the business if Randy Orton overtook the position John Cena is in, just because he has a lot of tattoos.

Kids may love tatoos but not all parents approve of a guy with them being their kids rolemodel which like it or not is what he would become.It's also the parents who buy the merchandise not the children (I myself have no problem with the tatoos).The Undertaker is a staple of the wwe however his character is very cartoonish which i believe distracts the kids from the tatoos,randy orton's character is much more reality based

I think there is one little issue with this theory. Parents who think tattoos are "naughty" are normally the same parents who wouldn't let their children watch wrestling in the first place. Furthermore, if you're a parent and you think it's ok to predispose your children to judging people based on their appearance, you failed as a parent. Having tattoos should not sway a person's opinion on you being a role model at all.

I really don't see how having tattoos affects his status though. Kids may notice, but hell other than Orton, Taker, and Santino, I couldn't tell you who does and doesn't have tattoos off the top of my head.

I bet most kids are desensitized to them for the simple fact that one or both of said kid's parents has multiple tattoos ...if not a sleeve.

Well, it might and it probably would. Would you want your kid to have a rolemodel of a tattooed guy. It might have some effect, but not that big as I belive the talk being said that vince went PG for his wife. Even if all the things that the guy did is think about money. Comeon, he lived the attitude era and I bet he enjoyed it. In one or two cases there where exceptions made and if Vince was serious there wouldn't be any exceptions.

Orton is certainly not having a problem getting over. Hell, the huge pops he got made him turn face. However, kids are always gonna favour Cena over Orton. Mainly because the whole 'bully' demeanour and look of Orton doesn't appeal too young children. The fact that Cena is a funny do-gooder makes him more appealing.
The tattoos do make him look scary for kids. When I watched the Attitude era when I was about 6/7 I didn't understand much but The Undertaker terrified me. His size, his gimmick and his tattoos all played a part in that. Where as I loved The Rock, basically like the Attitude era Cena.

The problem for Orton doesn't lie in his tattoos and the PG era. The reason he isn't the face of the company now is John Cena.

The tats won't be a problem for Orton, have you not noticed that almost all pro athlete have them and it doesn't affect their marketability(see: Lebron James). Its all about whether you cool or not to the kids hell most kids cuss more than we do don't be so naive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back