Randy Orton's future

hinkey1

Pre-Show Stalwart
Randy Orton can call himself the youngest World Heavyweight Champion in history, but lets face the facts, it lasted a month. This man has feuded with nearly every top star in the business today, and still hasn't held the title in 2 years.
My question is, does anyone have a prediction as to when that may be, and do you think he is a worthy enough heel to be champ

He is a great heel and, IMO, deserves the title way more than Cena (then again, who doesn't?). I think that he would've had it many times by now if a) Batista had gone for surgery before Survivor Series like he was originally going to and dropped the belt to Orton and/or b) he would learn to behave backstage.

Orton is going to carry the torch for WWE, hes not going to leave, i think in my opinion, he is always and forever will be the legend killer, and i hope he gets the WHC and kills its legend and they finally merge the brands back together, that would be interesting.

Honestly, I don't think Orton is anything spectacular. He's an OK heel at best, and his wrestling needs to be in the midcard for a while longer before they give him another title shot. When he gets pushed as a face I just feel like WWE is trying to force him on me, to rape my mind with Randy Orton. Cease the gigantic push and make him run the midcard for a while.

I don't see why they moved him from SmackDown. He was their main eventer and someone who would do really well there. SmackDown need good heels and I think Orton was one of them. I don't see Orton as champion though. Although he'll probably get a shot soon as Raw needs a rivalry with Cena. And would people stop shitting on Cena. Wrestling today isn't all about how good you are in the ring. Sure, he's no Kurt Angle or Shawn Michaels, but is anyone else in the WWE to that calibre? The so called '5 moves of death' are used to get a huge reaction from the crowd and do. He's great on the mic, and if you were 8 years old, you would like him too. Randy Orton is no better in the ring and yet most don't comment on him. Just because you think he's bad because he's always winning doesn't make him a terrible wrestler. Don't expect technical wrestling from a guy who's meant to ENTERTAIN. He's getting fans in the WWE and I commend him on that, no matter how he does it. BTW, I hate rap and am kinda glad he gave that up. Sorry to go off the subject and be a bit wordy but I'm sick of people just badmouthing someone just because they're sick of him being champion.

T Murdoch 4 President said:
I don't see why they moved him from SmackDown. He was their main eventer and someone who would do really well there.

I agree. I don't see the point of him going back to Raw. Since returning to Raw he hasn't done anything but lose to Jeff Hardy and lose IC title matches. I did see him having a run with the World Title but after his suspension and drug test failure, I'm not sure WWE can depend on him to carry Raw or any brand. I thought he was sent to Smackdown in the first place so he could have a fresh start? If he don't win the title by WM 23, he may be stuck as a mid card wrestler.

Randy will get a title run after WM 23 in my opinion. I think this because once him and Edge are done with DX it will be Orton's time.

yeah i'm sure alot of people would agree. i could definitely see Cena vs Orton at WM23 for the WWE title. and Orton would most likely win becuz cenas been the champ for pretty much most of the last 2 yrs and they cant make it last 4ever

I think that the DX - Rated RKO feud was intended to get Orton over as a heel (something which I think he's great at, mic work ain't too bad and his HBK imitation was great). He's got solid ring skills and shows flashes of great technical ability (as do most of WWEs wrestlers, shame the matches still mostly run at a slow pace eh?). The feud has, however, gone horribly wrong with DX giving them no credibility and simply walking all over them. Would probably agree that Orton is going to have to wait until after WM23 to have another title push, since he's lost so much this year its too late to push him as a credible #1 Contender for any title before WM23 at the moment. Hopefully if he can stay clean and in Vince's good books until then he'll be back in the running by then.

The only reason they are doing the Rated RKO vs. DX thing is one to give dx some 1 to feud w/ n 2 HHH wants to feud w/ Orton after DX (he didnt want to feud w/ Edge yet so that's why they brought orton bck from SD)

jut to add to amboys post above
after dx thing finishes hbks off to have knee sugery and HHH will be feuding with randy orton.

AS far as edge goes i really dont know maby move him to sd as a uber heel

Randy was supposed to win the title back at mania 22 but that was b4 his little drug mishap he was accualy supposed to hold it for a long time.

That's a good topic. I haven't really noticed Orton much until recently. The WWE had to get him into some sort of a storyline because he would have just ended up getting fired with all of his backstage issues with his attitude, breaking drug policy, and harrassment towards divas. Now that he's actually involved, he might change his attitude. Besides, they had to find somebody to feud with DX because the McMahon and D-X feud was getting a bit tired.

Didn't know about the plans for HHH - Orton feud, in that case then let's just pray that the matches the two have during their singles feud will be a lot more interesting than the pretty poor matches we've had the last three weeks running between the two! The third one had the potential to go somewhere but then they scuffed a clean ending and chose to build for Cyber Sunday instead. Shame. Both capable of outstanding matches, could be a really good feud if done properly then! Maybe that'll be the push Orton needs, particularly if he can win the feud (unlikely but who knows!)

Orton can be good at times, but he is not a good guy in real life and that may cost him eventually. He thinks that he is the big thing but should he lose favor with the fans, and it comes time to cut him, WWE will. And yes, they should have kept him on SD.

Zyne_De_Ath said:
Didn't know about the plans for HHH - Orton feud, in that case then let's just pray that the matches the two have during their singles feud will be a lot more interesting than the pretty poor matches we've had the last three weeks running between the two! The third one had the potential to go somewhere but then they scuffed a clean ending and chose to build for Cyber Sunday instead. Shame. Both capable of outstanding matches, could be a really good feud if done properly then! Maybe that'll be the push Orton needs, particularly if he can win the feud (unlikely but who knows!)

ya that's a good point, i never thought about who would win the feud. I really don't see HHH sellin to him, then again he did do it for Batista. Maybe it will just go untill they eventually have a Hell in a cell or something n then ship Orton back off to SD. hmmmmmmm?(srry to ramble a bit)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back