• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Randy Orton's future face turn?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Randy Orton's heel run as part of the authority is getting stale with the viper playing second fiddle to Seth Rollins. And rumor backstage is that Orton wants to go babyface at it one more time. Randy Orton plays the heel role very well as it suits his character better. But now with WWE champion Brock Lesner on the top of the food chain in the WWE where would that leave Randy Orton going forward as a heel?

Orton would have a better chance at the WWE title as a babyface and with John Cena going back and forth shooting movies for Hollywood this could be the best time for Randy. Then sometime in 2015 we can finally that feud between Randy Orton and Brock Lesner, for the WWE championship or not. This is the feud that WWE fans have been waiting for ever since Brock Lesner made his return to the WWE. Brock Lesner and John Cena has had three matches since then. Will we finally get to see Randy Orton vs Brock Lesner in 2015?

But what would you like to see out of a babyface Randy Orton?

I can imagine seeing both Randy and Kane turning face soon. The only issue is who will replace them when Seth Rollins becomes one of the top heels in the company? Maybe the Wyatt family will fill the roll, or someone else can turn heel and join the Authority.

With Randy Orton as a face he could do so much more as a solo performer. I'm getting tired seeing him doing the same routine every week against Cena and Ambrose. Wouldn't it be awesome to see him go after one of the titles again! I was thinking of the IC or the U.S championship; because those titles divisions need new life in them again.

I would like to see Orton to go against Lesnar at Royal Rumble instead of just another rematch with Cena.
I think the program with Rollins will be good as well.

For the love of God, please just let Orton be a tweener! No rhyme or reason, Orton attacks who he wants, when he wants, because he's the Viper! It would open up all kinds of fresh opportunities for storylines, rather than see him and Cena go at it again.

Orton has become stale in the role he's been pigeonholed into, and his character needs a change and needs one now. I too am sick of seeing the same group end most shows and I don't think I'm the only one out there who feels this way.

Thought for sure with the bickering this week on RAW, we were going to see a Randy face turn, but it was not to be. I think both him and Kane are tired of being used as bodyguards protecting Rollins. Actually getting tired of the whole Authority storyline as it stands.

When Vince McMahon and Stone Cold were going at it, you never knew what was going to happen next, and what vehicle Austin would show up in too make Vince's life a mess. And he almost always got the best of McMahon. It would be nice to see Orton turn against the Authority and take them down a peg or two.

Hopefully it happens soon. Fans want to cheer Orton and it might give him some new life and give us a new storyline.

Honestly, I think Randy Orton is at the absolute peak of his career. The guy is just so damn good right now. Very few can match his timing, execution, mannerisms, and expressions in the ring . Without a doubt the best all around performer the WWE has going at this time IMO. You're right though, he's been in this role for far too long now (over a year I believe), and I think it's just a matter of time before he turns. We saw the beginnings of that turn on Raw. I noticed he was face pandering to the crowd a lot more than usual and he was getting a lot of cheers. Than of course you have the animosity between Rollins and Orton which will almost certainly lead to a match at Mania.

All in all, Orton is a great heel but he's done everything he could in that role. I believe Orton has only been face twice in his main event career? This could open many new avenues for the Randy Orton character. One such being Brock Lesnar as others have mentioned.

And rumor backstage is that Orton wants to go babyface at it one more time.

Well, that's the rumor mill for you, as I've always read he detested being a babyface....and wanted to go bad as soon as possible after his last good guy run.....and had the power within the company to make it happen.

The thing is, during his last run as a babyface, I thought he did a terrific job, because even as we called him a good guy, he always featured as a 'tweener. The manner in which he was handling Daniel Bryan's insecurities was effective as hell, imo. He was listening to Daniel's rants with an air of resigned tolerance, making it seem he had to put up with this nonsense if necessary, although he didn't like it. Randy displayed a range of emotions outside his usual anger, which is essentially all we see when he's a bad guy. The guy can use a bit of subtlety in his character, and he gets to show it only as a face.

But whether the face turn is his idea or not, I think Randy probably believes it inevitable in order to keep his character relevant. He's been around long enough to realize how stale he's become; when the program calls for him to play second fiddle to a singles rookie like Seth Rollins....and to the Authority itself...... he surely must see it's time for a change.

I look forward to it and hope it happens during his run to the HIAC with John Cena. As a 'tweener, you never know what to expect from Orton.....and he's at his best when that applies.

For me the biggest benefit to an Orton face turn would be an Orton/Lesnar match. I don't even care about the feud because I don't think WWE would do it justice. It would have to be filled with tremendous anger and violence to satisfy me and I don't think WWE is giving that away for free any more. Then again, Lesnar hasn't felt like much of a heel ever since he ended The Streak. He is just a guy who occasionally gets paid to beat people up and has better shit to do than wrestle

Otherwise I can take or leave the Orton face turn. It opens him up to feud with a few new guys like Rollins, Cesaro, and Wyatt but doesn't make me confident that Orton will be any more or less entertaining.

I heard his match with Ziggler was a gem and it doesn't surprise me. Both guys can be creative and take interesting risks in the ring. Heel or face, Orton is just one of those guys who understands his role and performs pretty well.

When Vince McMahon and Stone Cold were going at it, you never knew what was going to happen next, and what vehicle Austin would show up in too make Vince's life a mess. And he almost always got the best of McMahon. It would be nice to see Orton turn against the Authority and take them down a peg or two.

Meh. Even SCSA got boring and repetive with the bad guys doing the moronic ninja attacks running in to stunners over and over again. And he never had the foresight to enter the arena on hot dog cart. :)

I think it's going to be a semi-face turn and pretty quick after Hell in a Cell.

I think he beats Cena there, wants his shot at Lesnar, authority won't give it to him... he gets angry cause he still never got his wrestlemania rematch for the belt... maybe feuds with rollins for a bit, etc.

A face turn is needed. I doubt he'd face Lesnar while he's champ but if he resigns to the WWE, I could see it happening at a future Summerslam or WrestleMania.

In the meantime, the inevitable Orton vs. Rollins match is bound to happen. I'd love to see it at WrestleMania.

I'm just hoping that any major match between Rollins and Orton takes place at Mania itself.

From HiaC, I think the WWE can tease Orton's face turn by gradually increasing the tension between him and Rollins. Obviously, Triple H and Stephanie will also get in between to calm down fears also. But, eventually, the tensions will boil over, just that the WWE Creative need to put everything together(Reigns vs HHH, Rollins vs Orton, the Authority crumbling all have to come together in storyline at some point).

Maybe, Orton as a Tweener who feels under appreciated, could even try to get a WWE title match vs Brock and could be given the opportunity by the Authority to 'appease' him and keep him 'happy'....however, Brock's schedule and Brock-Cena 3 probably makes that highly unlikely, though I'd gladly take Brock-Orton at Royal Rumble over Brock-Cena 3 any day.

Randy Orton-free agent.
Not a face or a heel, takes out whomever when the option strikes.
He needs to be the Viper/Legend Killer and cold blooded villian all rolled into one and would be a perfect foil for Brock Lesnar between now and Wrestlemania 31.
I dont want to see Orton with the belt, he doesnt need it but he could be used to take the tirle from Lesnar, clean and Rollins could cash in on him immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back