Random Slyfox story - Ray Allen scores 37 points in 8 minutes

Slyfox696

Excellence of Execution
So I'm playing NBA 2K11 and I created two custom teams, and put the very best players in the league on each team, and I'm playing with one of them. My team is better, and I'm not playing on a hard setting, but I just want mindless entertainment, not something that's going to raise my blood pressure.

Anyways, it's a close game, I'm winning 82-74 at the end of the third and I think they even tie it up early in the fourth. In an attempt to make sure I have my best lineup completely fresh at the end of the game, I'm putting in my worst five guys (which, in this case, is Westbrook, Allen, Pierce, K. Love, and Bogut). In fact, Wade came out for Allen, with the thinking Allen would play for about a minute and then I would do wholesale substitution. It was the first time Allen had even checked into the game.

Ray Allen proceeds to go 14-14 from the field and 9-9 from the 3pt line. He was hitting bank shots 4 foot off the lane with Gasol's hand in his face, and draining fadeaway 3's with C. Anthony's hand in his face. It was the craziest thing that has ever happened to me on this game.

Due to Ray Allen, I scored 52 points in the 4th quarter, and turned a nailbiter into a 134-90 blowout. Cracked my ass up.

EDIT: Pic in spoiler
nba2k11.jpg

He's unreal in that game, same thing in 2K12. I chose his release in My Player mode and popped off for 75 the next game. It has to do with how quick the shot it, or something. Then again, any elite three point shooters can be lethal in 2K, if they get a rhythm going. Shit, my buddy goes to town with Steve Kerr, of all people.

LeBron's a walking triple double, most of the time. I wouldn't expect that on this stacked of a team, though. Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum are damn useful in 2K -- points, boards, and blocks galore.

Ray Allen is unstoppable in NBA2K11. I have no proof other than my brother backing me up that I shredded his Orlando Magic defense for 28 points in a 7 minute quarter with Ray Allen.

Of course he may not want to admit to getting his ass kicked.

In the early and mid 00s games you could put Shawn Bradley on your team as your starting center and based on his height and decent leaping ability he would get a hand on everything. So long as you had decent rebounding forwards to make up for his absolute shit skills you could dominate the paint. It was unreal

Allen is one of those guys who have a shooting motion that is easy to time and makes it pretty easy to hit open jumpers

In the early and mid 00s games you could put Shawn Bradley on your team as your starting center and based on his height and decent leaping ability he would get a hand on everything. So long as you had decent rebounding forwards to make up for his absolute shit skills you could dominate the paint. It was unreal
Oh yeah? Well, in NBA Live 95, I could score 70+ points a game hitting a running three point shot with Mark Price. So beat that.

EDIT: Like this, only I usually did it from the other side:

I remember casting ridiculous shots in some of the old NBA Live games and getting the points because my shot would hit the net. Shit was great.

Oh yeah? Well, in NBA Live 95, I could score 70+ points a game hitting a running three point shot with Mark Price. So beat that.

EDIT: Like this, only I usually did it from the other side:

People played games that looked like that?

For hours and hours on end. This is what I played when I was younger.

Jordan_vs_bird%202.gif

Why is there a judges table for a 3 point contest? And why is it in an inner-city high school gymnasium?

Well that one looks halfway decent, and possibly racist, but in a humorous way. I like the ref's mohawk and the two guys in the stands that are more interested in the hot blond than the game.

Why is there a judges table for a 3 point contest? And why is it in an inner-city high school gymnasium?
I have no idea. It was Jordan vs. Bird, and the only thing we ever did was the dunk contest.

Well that one looks halfway decent, and possibly racist, but in a humorous way. I like the ref's mohawk and the two guys in the stands that are more interested in the hot blond than the game.
Arch Rivals is one of the greatest games of all time. Ask anyone who has ever played it.

Awesome game, but it came later on. NBA Jam was made possible by Arch Rivals.

Oh definitely, since we were reminiscing about old basketball games we used to play, I figured I'd bring up the one that led to numerous shouting matches between my friends and I.

Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, and Detlef Schrempf for the Sonics. Easily my favorite team even if Schremf wasn't worth a shit compared to Payton and Kemp.

What system is it on? Perhaps I can find a way to play it on the laptop.
NES

Oh definitely, since we were reminiscing about old basketball games we used to play, I figured I'd bring up the one that led to numerous shouting matches between my friends and I.

Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, and Detlef Schrempf for the Sonics. Easily my favorite team even if Schremf wasn't worth a shit compared to Payton and Kemp.

Oh, NBA Jam was amazing. If you hear "HE'S ON FIRE" or "BOOMSHAKALAKA" you know where you first heard it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back