• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Random 5

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a spam-tacular thread, so here's some guidelines...It's pretty basic.

1.) Set your player of choice to random, and list the first 5 songs that play. Then, answer these questions...

2.) Why do you own that song?
3.) Why do you like it?

Fellow mods, if this turns into a shitfest, I'll take the blame...I'm just hoping for some discussion here...Here's my songs:

1. Guns 'N' Roses ~ Welcome To The Jungle - I got pretty lucky, right off the bat. Growing up, GNR was always one of my favorite bands, and this song is a huge reason why. Being their first, and arguably biggest, hit, I think anyone who is a fan of rock owns it. Axl shows off his vocal skills, and the entire band just rocks out. Not much else to say about a classic like this...

2. Rihanna ~ Disturbia - Oh, great. Not so easy. I will admit I downloaded this song because I like it. I know Rihanna isn't the greatest artist out there, but I adore her voice, and she is one sexy mofo. This song is fun to ust act silly to and dance along with. Pretty simple...

3. Static-X ~ I'm With Stupid - This song is on the same album as Push It, so that's why I own it. It's a great song though, and is one of my favorites from them. Wayne Static has a lot of haters, and I don't get it. They're really quite good.

4. 30 Seconds To Mars ~ Was It A Dream? - I bought this album before hearing anything off it, simply because Jared Leto was in the band. After giving the CD a full listen, this song stuck out as one of their best. It's mellow, but it's still good rock, and Leto's probably at his best here.

5. Godsmack ~ Shinedown - I own this song because Godsmack is my absolute favorite band of all-time. Everything about them just sounds right to me, and their music helped me through some tough times. This is another one of those songs. Now if only I could find a live version of it :(

Well here goes nothing, this is from a small fraction of my music as I have 214 songs on this laptop. And I am gonna do 10 because I can.

01. Muse - Resistance

I have this song because I have The Resistance as a full album and it is on my iTunes. I like the song because it strikes a cord with me, I actually think this is the best song on the album ad I don't know why it isn't one of the singles for the album yet.

02. Porcupine Tree - Glass Arm Shattering

I have this song because I have the entirety of Deadwing on my iTunes because well I love PT and think Steven Wilson is a genius. As for the song it is a very mellow song that plays up the ethereal nature of some of PTs stuff. It takes you on a journey through the music, the lyrics are somewhat superfluous but make the song at the same time due to the story that the music interweaves with them.

03. Porcupine Tree - Flicker

I have this song because I have the entirety of The Incident and well you have seen what I wrote for the last two songs. This song again plays up some of the ethereal nature of some of Porcupine Tree's stuff. But Steven Wilson's lyrics and song writing ability is clearly shown with the song. one of the weaker songs on the album but on other records it would be one of the best just due to the sheer quality of the album as a whole.

04. Mark Knopfler - Get Lucky

Again see above for the reason but the album is called Get Lucky. Very much a mellow song, but it is very much a happy song that tells the story of a gambler and it is with the skill of Knopfler with his ability to craft songs that tell a story perfectly, the use of pipes just makes the song for me, very soothing.

05. Muse - Knights of Cydonia

See above for reasoning of why I have the song, album that it is from being Black Holes & revelations. I don't mind the song, tells a good story does it through the use of instrumental hooks that work, well before the lyrics even come into play, very spagetti western in terms of sound.

06. Porcupine Tree - V Drawing the Line

Same reason as all the others, also on the Incident. It is really only the fifth part of the first song which is called The Incident. great building song, it is just a good Rock and Roll song that should be listened to in both the Context of the album and also as a separate piece. Again Steven Wilson does what he does best with the lyrics he crafts them around the aspect of an incident that changes peoples lives, this being about a coroner after a murder.

07. Dead Kennedys - Short Songs

Have it because of the same reason as all the others, on the album Give me Convenience or Give Me Death. Something about a 28 Second song where all that is said is "I Like Short Songs" just makes my chuckle.

08. Pearl Jam - The Fixer

I have Backspacer, I like the song and is the only song that I rate as an instant classic from this album, its a song that you can get up and dance to. And I hope that I see this song when I see them in a few days. Its a straight up Rock and Roll song.

09. Porcupine Tree - Arriving Somewhere but Not Here

I have Deadwing. I love the song, brilliant lyrics, brilliant music to go with it. Good heavy music when it gets to that point that it is needed.

Never stop the car on a drive in the dark
Never look for the truth in your mother's eyes
Never trust the sound of rain upon a river
Rushing through your ears

Arriving somewhere but not here

Did you imagine the final sound as a gun?
Or the smashing windscreen of a car?
Did you ever imagine the last thing you'd hear as you're fading out was a song?

All my designs, simplified
And all of my plans, compromised
All of my dreams, sacrificed

Ever had the feeling you've been here before?
Drinking down the poison the way you were taught
Every thought from here on in your life begins
And all you knew was wrong?

Did you see the red mist block your path?
Did the scissors cut a way to your heart?
Did you feel the envy for the sons of mothers tearing you apart?

10. John Coltrane - My Favourite Things

Can't help but listen to a bit of Jazz every so often, this was part of my study music this semester, great song done by an absolute legend of his craft. great song from The Sound of Music but this version I would hazard to say is the better version.

I won't be shown up by Shadow. Here's 5 more.

1. KoRn ~ Alone I Break - This is on their Greatest Hits, and isn't all bad. It's not among their better songs, but I can listen without vomiting. Always a plus.

2. Black Stone Cherry ~ The Key - If you haven't heard this band, stop what you're doing and go listen. Great modernized southern rock, and they just flat out play. Good lyrics, good music...Great drinking music.

3. Britney Spears ~ Gimme Gimme - :glare: I can feel the odd looks now. You know what...Screw you. I like this song. I don't need to explain myself. She's not great, but it entertains me.

4. Five Finger Death Punch ~ The Way Of The Fist - I'm a big fan of 5FDP, and this is one of their better songs. It's a good song to get you pumped up, and showcases the best of each member of the band.

5. Metallica ~ Harvester Of Sorrow - This is my favorite Metallica song. From beginning to end, there's no flaws, and it's from Metallica's early days, which almost instantly makes it better. I'd rank this up there with my favorite songs of all time probably...

Ok, dokie. Here are my five songs.

"Flowers and Football Tops" - Glasvegas: This really is a tremendous song and is part of one of my favourite albums ever. It talks about the death of someone's son and it just full of emotion and great lyrics. I actually did not like this band until I took a chance on the album. To this day, I still love it and would really recommend it to anyone who likes emotional music and a great lyrical talent. Plus, they are Scottish and are naturally great.

"If Today Was Your Last Day" - Nickelback: I am completely in love with this song. I get a lot of bad comments about Nickelback but to be honest, I still like them as a band and I realise that they are not for everyone. I really like this song and it is part of an album that I think is completely under-rated on these boards. Dark Horse is a damn good album and this song is just one of the reasons why.

"Somebody Told Me" - The Killers: What more can be said about this track than has not been said before? A great song and just one of the best offerings from The Killers. It is from the album Hot Fuss and that is just a tremendous album. This was the song that got me into The Killers in the first place and I have always loved it. I still listen to it frequently and it still hold some appeal to me.

"Living Is A Problem Because Everything Dies" - Biffy Clyro
: MARK OUT! Biffy Clyro is one of my favourite bands of all time and I just how this songs flows. It is on the album Puzzle and it just part of the ensemble that creates one of the best albums in British rock history. Bold statement, huh? I don't care, I think it is and I am sure if you gave it a really good listen you would too. This song was their first mainstream release and is just tremendous. Their new album, "Only Revolutions", is definitely worth a listen too.

Anyone Else But You: Michael Cera and Ellen Page
: I don't mind telling you that Juno is one of my favourite movies ever and this song is just beautiful. It really ends the movie well and I really love it. My ex-girlfriend and I used to love this song and it still holds a lot of memories for me.

*NSL it's "Gimmie More" not "Gimmie Gimmie" but it is one of Brit's best, good choice :)*

1. For your entertainment: Adam Lambert. I pretty much only downloaded this song because he was from American Idol, and because he's gay. I'm not really a fan of the song, to me it's generic, eruo trash, so I'm disapointed he went that direction.

2. Try sleeping with a broken heart: Alicia Keys. Her second single off her 4th studio album "The Element of Freedom". The first single "Doesn't Mean Anything" flopped big time, and it was basically a "No One" Part 2, but less innovating or good. Try sleeping with a broken heart, is the opposite. It actually sounds fresh and new, and Alicia's voice is on. It's a great midtempo, love song, that every AKeys fan must download.

3. Telephone: Lady GaGa fea. Beyonce. Wow. Too much fierceness in one song. Telephone is an amazing pop/dance song. I original downloaded it because it had the Queen on it, but it turns out it's pretty much pop perfection. I'd tie it with Pokerface as my favorite Lady GaGa song. It starts off so slow and beautiful, making you think it's going to be a ballad, than the dance beat jumps in. The chorus is instantly infectious "Eh Eh Eh Eh Eh...Stop telephoning me", and Beys ultra ghetto urban rap part, just goes to prove Beyonce is the decades best. This song will be a huge club fave, I can see me bustin' a move to it for sure.

4. "3": Britney Spears. As soon as the song was released there was a huge buzz about it on the internet. It was basically your standard sex song by Britney Spears, about threesomes. As soon as I heard the songs background and meaning, curiousty got me, and I downloaded it. Turns out, it could end up being my favorite Britney track. "1, 2, 3 not only you and me, got 180 degrees and I'm caught in between, counting 1, 2, 3, Peter, Paul, and Mary, getting down with 3p". The lyrics and chorus or sooo catchy, and this is sure to be a huge club fave too.

5. Need you Know: Lady Antebellum. Love this country band, and the song, which is a typical sappy, emotional country ballad/mid tempo. I downloaded it after seeing their CMA performance of it(where they also won two awards including Single of the Year and Group). Turns out I wasn't the only person who loved their performance, seeing how the song shot up to #1 on Itunes(the first country act to hit #1(not including Taylor/Carrie) since the Dixie Chicks were number one in 2006. The song could sound generic by lead singers Hilary and Charles both sound amazing together, and their voices fit the song to a tee.

1. Breath by Breaking Benjamin

1. I was trying to find some new bands and I heard of them and this was the first song I downloaded by them
2. Very good band that got me interested in Benjamin

2. Hammerhead by The Offspring

1. Heard the song on Madden and was a fan of The Offspring before that
2. The music video is good, I guess

3. Mother by Pink Floyd

1. My dad has all the Floyd CD's so I just uploaded the CD
2. Very good when you listen to the entire album, it's the Wall of course

4. Hot For Teacher

1. Played it on Guitar Hero 4 and bought it
2. I don't even like it, it's just there

5. All Along The Watchtower

1. Again my dad had the CD so I uploaded it
2. I think it was in Forest Gump and I like that movie, a lot, my name is Forrest

I haven't got my whole collection anymore but I'll do the best I can with the songs at my disposal right now.

Little Acorns by The White Stripes

I own this song because I own all of the White Stripes' albums before Icky Thump. I think The White Stripes are one of the most interesting acts this decade, and this song is really good at demonstrating what makes them original, although it isn't one of my favourites. Starts slow, has a big guitar part and is underpinned by drumming a two year old could do.

Yellow Sun by The Raconteurs

Good day for Jack White, evidently. I just have this album and it is quite good as accoustic based rock goes. Again, not my favourite song, but perfectly listenable. I don't know this track that well, but on second listen it seems to be solid enough.

Sheena is a Punk Rocker by The Ramones

I love 70s punk and I have loads of it. The Ramones are basically what catapulted that genre to the forefront and this is one of their most iconic songs. I like it because Joey Ramone can sing, and it gives the band and particularly this song an extra dimension that punk songs occaisionally lack.

I Want To Hear What You Have Got To Say by The Subways (live)

I own this song because a live version of one of their songs is one of my favourite songs of all time, so I downloaded a few bootlegs of theirs. This song is decent enough, but it lacks some of the raw passion you hear on their other tracks. Also, it's recorded somewhere in Europe so the crowd is dead. It's another three star song really, which is a bit of a letdown so far in this list.

White Moon by the White Stripes

Fucking hell. I'm going to do another one, as this is too boring to write about again...

Trip to the golden arches by Bromheads Jacket

I got this song on a free CD, and had completely forgotten about it. They are largely a lame Arctic Monkeys coattail band, but this song is quite an amusing commentary on going to buy a banana milkshake and a super sized fries from McDonalds. It's pretty funny, which is why I held onto it.

Lost In Dundee by Underground Heroes

Another one off a free CD. It's ok, but I don't really like it. It's trying a bit too hard, so I shall now be doing two extra ones, to replace this and the third Jack White song...

Razzamatazz by Pulp

Finally. I got this song because I love Pulp and just about everythin they ever made was brilliant. A combination of both funny and catchy, this is one of their greatest songs, and it combines all of the seediness of their best songs along with all of their best social commentary. "The trouble with your brother, he's always sleeping with your mother, and I know that your sister missed her time again this month". Brilliant.

Toothpaste Kisses by The Maccabees

I own this song because I love this band. When I first came to London alone a few years ago, I watched them in a pub with about 10 people. Since then, they have grown into quite a popular band that have had some degree of chart success. This song is a really nice love song about appreciating the quirks of a partner, and it does it without being too sickly sweet.

Hmmm, this will be interesting...I have 6429 songs in my i-tunes, lets see what 5 - 10 pop up...

1) I Don't Care, Apocalyptica: This was actually the song that introduced me to Apocalyptica, hearing it on the radio all the time when it first came out. I thought it was pretty good at the time, in part because I dig Three Days Grace and Adam Gontier sang the vocals for this song. Once I looked up a few of this bands songs on Youtube, though, I ended up with their entire discography in my i-tunes.

2) Caught In A Dream, Alice Cooper: Sigh, this is the first time I have actually ever listened to this song. I have the entire Alice Cooper discography on my computer, this song is on Love It To Death. Um...yeah

3) Silhouettes, Smile Empty Soul: My friend Shelli made me listen to this song, and it's actually quite good. I downloaded it to placate her, but it has made its way onto several of my playlists.

4) Paranoid, Black Sabbath: This shouldn't really require an explanation. One of the greatest songs ever recorded by the godfathers of heavy metal.

5) My Pony, Genuine: Uhhh...actually, I'm not sure how this ended up on here. I liked this song like fifteen years ago, but I'm sure it's not on any of my CDs.

6) Good Times, Bad Times, Godsmack: I'm usually not a big fan of covers, but Godsmack did a pretty good job covering a great song from Zep...

7) Desire, U2: I have the Rattle and Hum CD on my computer, and this is on it. I won't apologize for liking old U2. I won't pretend to like new U2.

8) Dirty Mind, Buckcherry: Buckcherry is fun, great party music, and I enjoy listening to them. Most of their songs are fairly shallow, very little substance, but I have three of their CDs on my computer. This is off of one of those.

9) Five To One, The Doors: I love the Doors. Awesome band, crazy frontman, amazing lyrics and music...they were just a great band. This is one of my favorite songs from them. I love that opening line "Five to one baby, one and five, no one here gets out alive..."

10) Attack, 30 Seconds To Mars: OK, I heard R-Evolve on the radio one night, and thought it was a pretty cool song. It fit with the mood I was in at the time, so I downloaded the cd. It wasn't until a couple weeks later that I found out it was Jared Leto's band. This particular song I'm not that into, but I have R-Evolve and From Yesterday on a couple of playlists.

Reactions: NSL
I'm gonna do ten cause my music collection is most random at the best of times

1. That don't impress me much-Shania Twain.

Don't really mind it, have it cause i got bored one day and started uploading my parents cd's and my dad and mum like her

2. One Day Robots Will Cry- Cobra Starship

I like the whole synthopop 80s revival, and i like what cobra stand for, just having fun and partying hard.

3. Go Go Gadget Flow- Lupe Fiasco

Hmmm never listened to this particular song, but Lupe is interesting and lyrically clever, so i am impressed

4. Disenchanted- My Chemical Romance

Hate on if you want, i always have had a soft spot for these type of emo bands, and this is one of their slower songs

5. Johnny Sniper- Enter Shikari

I don't know, there is just some thing about the combination of synthesisers and screaming that endear this band to me, this one is my third favourite song.

6. Those thieving birds- Silverchair

While i hear their old stuff is like 10x better, i didn't find this album too bad, i enjoyed a few of these songs

7. I'm Comin'- Slick the shocker

AKA MVP's theme, got it cause i like the entrance music, and it may not be my fav, but its not half bad

8. 97' Bonnie and Clyde- Eminem

I like Eminem, specially his old hate the world days, some really funny shit, got this from my older bro's cds when i was about 11

9. Liberian Girl- Michael Jackson

Its a good song from a great artist, dad had the bad cd, so i uploaded it to my itunes

10. Crocodile Rock - Elton John

Hmm, what to say, old school pop, back when it actually meant something, not like some of the artists today. this is an upbeat song and gets my toes tapping.

So this is basically the "non-spam" version of my Post 10 Random Songs thread? You bastard NSL, why didn't I think of this.

Here goes...

1) R.E.M. - Pilgrimage

What's to be said here? R.E.M. is a legendary band, but one I had always overlooked growing up. It wasn't until I listened to a copy of their first album Murmur that I was able to recognize just how insanely talented Stipe and company were/are. Murmur to be is an absolutely 100% perfect album from start to finish, and one of my very favorites, ever. There's nothing I've ever heard that sounds like it, it's a masterpiece. Pilgrimage may just be the best song on that album.

2) Daniel Johnston - True Love Will Find You in the End

I love Daniel Johnston, from his quirky and unwavering voice to his soft acoustic playing on his terrible cassette tape recorders playing songs about everything from the girl he was madly in love with to Casper the friendly ghost. His life has been one of the most interesting in rock and lo-fi history, a film was even made about his life recently and just how mentally unstable he was, including stories of believing the devil was possessing him to him trying to crash a plane he was on with his parents. His music is even more interesting than his life though, and this is one of his most beautiful little ditties.

3) New York Dolls - Trash

Can't go wrong with some New York Dolls, one of the first real punk bands as well as innovators of the glam-rock attitude and style. Very underrated band to this day, with this being their best song in my opinion.

4) Stiff Little Fingers - Bloody Sunday

Wow, my iPod is being awesome today. To say I love this song would be an understatement, Stiff Little Fingers are another extremely underrated group, known to many as "The Irish Clash", but they were so much more than that, and more fierce than the Clash ever really were (not to say they were better, just more aggressive). One of my favorite songs by them, and no, it's not related to the U2 song, this came out years before. Amazing anthem that just pumps you up to take on anything.

5) Circle Takes the Square - Eleven Owls Have Eyes

Awesome song by one of the very best screamo bands to ever exist in CTTS, real fucking screamo that it, I'm not talking about the shit you see on MTV 2. I had the privilege to see these guys in Boston years ago and it was one hell of an intense experience, great show, great band, great song.

Hmm, I really like this thread NSL.

Hello Brooklyn- All Time Low: I'm into alternative rock and stuff like that, plus I'm from Brooklyn.

Break the Walls Down- Sevendust: Big coincidence. Jericho's theme. I don't know why I have it.

The Dreams of Evan and Chan- Dntel ft. Ben Gibbard- I love electronic music, plus this song started THe Postal Service.

February Air- Lights- I love Lights. One of the only female singers I like. She is so much better than Owl City, and doesn't have a huge, stupid fanbase.

Into the Sea- Port Blue- Adam Young's side project... Much better than Owl City, and I love how all of the songs are instrumentals.

Reactions: G3
1. Coheed & Cambria - Everything Evil
I got the CD for Christmas last year, after being introduced to the band by my awesome brother. We used to rock out to Welcome Home in the car, and he had various Coheed songs on his mix CDs. Then, I heard Neverender and it sold me on them. That's the reason I own this CD.
As for the song, Everything Evil is quite a good one. Every song on The Second Stage Turbine Blade is fantastic. While Everything Evil doesn't quite measure up to Delirium Trigger or Neverender, it's still a damn good song.

2. Cascada - Everytime We Touch
I'm not going to make excuses; I love tis song. The first time I went to Ireland, I bought a two-disc set called "Dance Mania" that featured about 41 awesome dance songs. Out of them only two or three weren't good, and it only cost me around $20, so it was a good purchase.
I love the song, because I like synth-filled dance music. Sadly, Cascada's other stuff is not like this song.

3. The Adventures of Duane and BrandO - Castlevania
I own this song because I downloaded their EP of Doom after hearing some of their music.
DnB are a great nerd rap group, and their songs are hilarious and awesome. Castlevania is probably one of their worse ones, but that isn't saying much because even it is pretty good. It's a damn shame they broke up a few weeks before the concert on my birthday. I wanted to see them and The Protomen in Cincinnati, but I couldn't...

4. Lemon Demon - Word Disassociation
This was one of my favorite Lemon Demon songs until his new CD came out. Lemon Demon offers a load of his songs for free on his website, and that's awesome.
This song is just a catchy collection of random words, and it's just fun.

5. Funtastic Power - I'm Blue (Happy Hardcore Mix)
Funtastic Power offers all its music free on their site. I originally found my way there looking for the techno mix of 300 (You know, the "THIS IS SPARTAAAA THIS IS SPARTAAA THIS IS SPARTAAA TIS IS SPARTAAAAAAA AAA AAAAAA AAA" song) and found a load of great songs.
This song takes "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" by Eiffel 65, and ramps it up. It ramps the speed up, it ramps the pitch up, it makes the whole song insane. And I like it.

1. Jacob Miller - Mixed up Moods

I'm glad this song came up first, one of my favorite reggae songs of all time, the message in this song is an easy one to get behind, and it couldn't be more true. As for why I own this song, I heard it a few years back while listing to the reggae channel on Comcast. I downloaded it asap.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DEK5p3CREcg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DEK5p3CREcg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

2. Blues Traveler - Hook

One of my favorite Blues Traveler songs, I bought the best of Blues Traveler CD when I was teaching myself to play the harmonica, and after listing to this CD a few times through I have found a soft spot for Blues traveler, and the Harmonica solo is amazing like always.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lm2I-DCOqxk&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lm2I-DCOqxk&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

3. Bluetech - 7th Phase Dub

I first heard this song while listening to the sounds of the season channel on comcast over the summer time this year, I ended up hearing the same song a couple weeks later and was inspired to fork out the cash and buy the full album. It was the best decision I made all summer, the song is awesome, the CD Prima Materia is amazing, and it opened up the world of electronic(a). Not much more I can say about it.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/abI1dhJcrIo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/abI1dhJcrIo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

4. Andre Nickatina - 2 B U

My favorite rapper of all time, nobody, and I mean nobody can match the style of Nickatina, the beats are amazing, the rap is so smooth the lyrics are as original as you can get. This is up there with my other favorite Nickatina raps. If you like this I suggest you explore everything Andre Nickatina has to offer.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zyu3yiRF5IM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zyu3yiRF5IM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

5. Mimosa - Another Day

Finally, a little dubstep for everyone, I came across Mimosa because of itunes, they suggested it, I listed and loved it, I purchased all their music I could find. This song is catchy, the beat is awesome, it has some nice glitchy qualities to it and is very unique.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XfEjzwHqL0w&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XfEjzwHqL0w&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

If you like this song you should take the short walk over to my dubstep thread, much more HIGH quality dubstep for the soul purpose of pleasuring your ears!

Love this thread idea NSL. Far better than just posting songs over and over

1. Avant - "Making Good love"
[YOUTUBE]1A2VyHuwKo0[/YOUTUBE]

You were expecting a rap song right off the bat. Admit it. Nah seriously Avant is one of my favorite R&B singers out there. This is actually the original version of the song as he made a remix of it with Bone Thugs-n-Harmony. I like this song because it's definitely a slow sensual song for when I'm with my girlfriend, and I'm sucker for good R&B songs. Trust me you should see my Jodeci collection.

2. Wu Tang Clan - "Gravel Pit"
[YOUTUBE]57athY1a0nU[/YOUTUBE]

Awesome beat, of course awesome lyrics. Method Man murdered this track with the first verse. RZA cracks me up with the Bobby Boulders nickname, and of course the video is just hilarious. Hell everyone on the track was awesome on this song. Definitely a classic Wu Tang song. Oh and prehistoric ninja fights....enough said.

3. Eminem featuring Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Xzibit, and Nate Dogg - "Bitch Please 2"

Ty posted an Eminem song? What?!?!?!? Yeah I did, I love this song. I'm not a fan of Eminem but this song is just off the fucking hook. Everyone on the track is sick, and even Em's verse at the end was just vicious. The beat is awesome and Nate Dogg on the chorus to go with Dre, Snoop and X to the Z dropping some awesome flows? Yes I enjoy this song. No video for this one for specific reasons. I think you all know how to find it.

4. Hopesfall - "Icarus"
[YOUTUBE]9B-3Ta6X2g4[/YOUTUBE]

Hopesfall to this day is still one of my favorite bands of all time. And when their album A Types came out, I had heard they had strayed away from the harder albums they had put out previously. It concerned me until I heard Icarus. I love the melodic parts of this song and it puts me in kind of a contemplative mood for some reason. I still wish Hopesfall hadn't broken up, with songs like this they could have become even bigger than they were.

5. Too $hort featuring Devin The Dude, Bun B, and Big Gipp - "Pimp Life"
[YOUTUBE]chWoTy40Zas[/YOUTUBE]

I'm a huge Too $hort fan, Devin the Dude is highly underrated, Bun B is a legend, and I haven't heard much of Big Gipp, so 3 out of 4 isn't bad. Still this is such a laid back track, it's definitely a relaxing song that Too $hort and Devin are good at. Bun B was solid as usual, but he's not as good at laid back tracks. Still, its your typical pimpin anthem that Too $hort became known for.

1. Agalloch - I am the Wooden Doors
Well, I got really lucky with this one. This is the definition of beauty and brutallity all thrown into one giant landscape of acoustics and thought inducing lyrics. A masterpiece that leaves you speechless everytime its over. Not to mention that every track from 'The Mantle' album is amazing.

2. Grayceon - Love Is A Dream
The only female fronted singing band that doesnt suck. Also, the only metal-ish band to feature a cello player that also doesnt stink up the house. This is a little less on the heavy stuff here but its still a great track and features some awesome dual guitar/cello work.

3. Cattle Decapitation - A Body Farm
This is another fantastic track. Probably one of the most technical songs in terms of riffs. This thing is impossible to play on guitar and yet they do it so effortlessly. Impressive, brutal tech-grind at its finest!

4. Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons
Dream Theater's only good song thats over 10 minutes in length. Clocking in at a moderate 23 minutes it does not get boring once. All of their trademark sounds are in there and its quite good. Dont let the length put you off, it really is like a movie in sound.

5. Redemption - Sapphire
Okay, I must admit im not that much of a fan of this one and I only bought the album based on a friend's suggestion. This song is 45 minutes in length (Yes, I did say 45 minutes...no typo) and its alright for the most part. It does get quite goofy though in some parts and they seem to be trying to hard at others. A good listen, if only once.

I think I have most of my music on here, so it should be interesting to see where this ends up:)

1. Giving it all away- The Frames DC (though they were only DC for this album- normally always The Frames)
I actually got into The Frames before Glen Hansards relative fame boost. For those who don't remember he starred in the film Once and penned the Oscar winning song that year- Falling Slowly. The Frames is his origonal band and I got this song as part of the Fitzcoraldo album. The band isn't one I thought I would ever get into as they are quite mainstream but I really like the emotion Glen sings with and the lyrics he writes.

2. America- Simon and Garfunkel
Admitdly I havn't listened to this album that much though I do like them sometimes. I got this song as part of their best of, and while I wouldn't quite consider myself a fan- it is interesting and relaxing music to listen sometimes and they surprise you occasionally with a really good song.

3. Bar cleaning good times- Saxon Shore
This is one of the more random songs I downloaded a while back (legally mind ;) ) a couple of months ago when I really wanted some new post rock ambient music to listen to. I really like The Revolution will be streaming- another song of theirs which is a pretty good song- this one though isn't as strong, its a bit too laid back for my taste at times. Still an good listen though.

4. Bones- Radiohead
I had a feeling one of these would come up at some point :) This of course is from the seminal The Bends album, their second offocial release (bar the ep's of course). Radiohead are one of my favourite bands, and this is a really good album of theirs which is saying something. Bones though isn't one of the highlights of the album, though it does showcase Radiohead in one of their older rockier moments :p

5. Basketcase- Greenday
Shamefaced enough to say I was one of those who got into Greenday during the American Idiot album. They were in fairness a good live band too, and that album always was an easy listening rock album. I did know of this song before of course- due to its steady MTV/Kerrang rotation and I think I actually got this song from a compilation album of some kind. Its still a fun song that I would dance too if I heard it- don't think I would go looking for it though.

6. Prospekt's March/Poppyfields- Coldplay
This song comes to me courtesy of one of my friends who has made it his life's ambition to make me like the songs he likes- most of which consist of mainstream rock. Other such fare include U2 and Oasis. In fairness while listening to this I admit its not a bad song- but Coldplay were never really a band that interested me.

7. Kids-MGMT
MGMT will always remind me of a close friend of mine. About two years ago they were her favourite band in the planet and I got into them through her, after being dragged to constant dancefloors with it. I credit them though with helping me get into electronic music- something I hadn't really listened to much before. I managed to buy the album for about three euro's too which was a great deal. And yeah what can I say about the song- everyone has heard it- and unlike most overplayed songs- I still want to hear it again and again :)

8. For You- HIM
Curtesy of another compilation CD I am afraid- never properly listened to HIM really at all. Listening to this does take me back to being 13 or 14 again when HIM actually were semi big. There is nothing really wrong with this song- which was one of their hits I think, bar the fact that it is pretty simplistic and almost laughable lyric wise now- 666 ways in which I love you? Back then it was sorta cool- though still a bit too gothy.

9. Master of Puppets (S and M edition) - Metallica
Another song from my metal past coming up to bite me :) There was a time back a couple years ago when literally everyone was into Metallica- they were semi gods one summer. And in fairness to them- they still do have albums I would listen to again now- but generally only something that had Cliff Burton doing bass. I got this album becuase I had heard a lot about how good they were with the full orchestra and it doesn't disappoint- though I still think I prefer the origonal. There is something a bit overblown about this version- not as lean, dark or vicious as the origonal.

10. Heir Apparent- Opeth
My only foray so far into black metal :) I actually got into Opeth quite a bit after my metal phase, encouraged by a number of friends of mine. It took me quite a while to get into their Black metal aspects- the metal growl as much as anything- and the main reason I kept going was of course that other aspect of Opeth- their superb musicianship and the decidly prog aspects of their music. It has got to now that I enjoy the Black Metal aspects of their music- though of course I still prefer when Mikael Åkerfeldt uses his clean singing voice. Some of his songs clean are truly amazing. It also helps that he is a very cool front man. To look at- he is much hairier than I would normally like- but on stage he is really magnetic. It also helps that he has a dry cool wit and that he doesn't seem to care in the slightest about what the audience has to say. There is a lot of front men and women who could learn something about stage craft from him :)

So what if I'm posting here twice :glare:

1. Xzibit ~ Choke Me, Spank Me, Pull My Hair - Long story behind me owning this song...I saw it in Domino, and loved it, but could never find it anywhere. Then, a girl I was screwing around with was doing a striptease, and this song started. I ended up burning the CD. I just like the beat, and it's a good song for doing the deed.

2. Audioslave ~ Like A Stone - I've always been a big Cornell fan, and this song is probably his best with Audioslave. The music is nice, and it's good to have playing when you're just relaxing in the sun.

3. Eighteen Visions ~ This Time - I had downloaded this album when it first came out, because I had heard so many great things about them. It didn't disappoint. This isn't one of my favorites, but I don't skip over it if the CD is in...The vocals aren't the best here, but the music is good.

4. Led Zeppelin ~ Communication Breakdown - This is why I love the randomness...This is one of my top five songs from Zeppelin. It's fast, fun to drive to, and the lyrics are just great. Truly them at their best.

5. All That Remains ~ Indictment - Again, I'm a lucky man. This isn't one of my favorites from ATR, but it's certainly up their as the best on Fall Of Ideals. It's heavy, the screaming is perfect, and I agree with the meaning behind the lyrics...

6. Flyleaf ~ Fully Alive - Flyleaf got a ton of radio play around me when they first started, and I was almost instantly hooked. This song is just really good, and Lacey's voice is one of my favorites.

7. Missy Elliott ~ Work It - Missy is one of my guilty pleasures...I bought the Greatest Hits CD, and this is one there. Doesn't get much simpler than that. I've just always liked her writing.

8. Evan's Blue ~ Possession - This is a CD I've had on heavy repeat lately. Their ties with Breaking Benjamin get them a lot of play around here, and this is clearly they're best song. Everything about this song rocks, and the blending of the voices is great.

9. Adema ~ Close Friends - When I was told Jon Davis' stepbrother had a band, I had to seek them out. I love the CD, and this song is just typical Adema. The lyrics are good, the vocals work well with the music, and it's just a good song to turn up and rock out to.

10. StoneSour ~ 30/30-150 - I'm a sucker for just about anything Corey Taylor touches, and had to buy this album when it came out. Granted, this isn't the best of their songs, but it's still a pretty good angry song.

Alright here we go.

1. Paper Planes-MIA

Kind of odd I guess. I have this song because I use to love it. It was one of those songs I heard on the radio during wrestlemania 24 weekend actually. I was in Miami with some family while I stayed at their house and we listened to it repetitively, then everyone started listening to it and singing it so I lost interest.

2. Blitzkrieg Bop- Ramones

I guess this is an usual one, don't really listen to it. But nonetheless pretty good song. I like this one better than Paper Planes. This is just one of those songs you need to have on your library.

3. Numa Numa- Ozone

Haha priceless. This is a song you have to know and love. No matter what music you listen to, you like Numa Numa.

4. Turn This Boat Around- Matt & Kim

One of my favorite songs from my favorite musicians. Matt & Kim= Epic Win. This song is smooth and flows good in my opinion. I can't describe how much I like the duo.

[YOUTUBE]dORTJqbD4HM[/YOUTUBE]
5. Ravers Fantasy- Tune Up!

Okay, it may sound totally gay and all but this song is definitely one of the best of its type. I really get into this song when I smoke weed with my pal's. It is a great song to play with friends. " This is my melody and its just a ravers fantasy, cause I know if you're in love with me tonight we'll rave right through the night.

[YOUTUBE]R8CVR_VGh58[/YOUTUBE]

I listen to UK Hardcore so you won't have heard any of these

1. Effiel 65 - I'm Blue (Squad-E Remix) - UK Hardcore
A fantastic remix of the classic song from Effiel 65, It's in my collection because it goes down fantastic when I drop it in a club.

2. Darren Styles Vs Manian - Outta My Head - Clubland
A Clubland song. Great song here by Darren Styles and the man behind Cascada, Manian. Epic riffs and a hard beat makes this song one of my current faves.

3. Re-Con and Gammer - Enya Stomp - UK Hardcore
Another Uk Hardcore song. nice riff and a fantastic breakdown ripping the vocals from an Enya song. One of my all time faves.

4. Brisk And Ham - Angel Eyes - UK Hardcore
The song that got me into my music genre. Great beat,hoovers and fantastic vocals. thick and fast strings make this the best tune I have heard.

5. Felguk - Do You Like Bass 2009 - Electro House
This tune is all over the place and keeps the dancefloor on their toes, great tune to drop when the night is coming to an end it gives the crowd something to remember.

1. Ludacris ft Bun B and Rick Ross- Down in the Dirty

This was supposed to be a big Luda single a few years back but it never really caught on. Great beat and great verses from Luda and Bun B. Rick Ross sucks but even he can't make this song bad.

2. Gucci Mane- Bricks

I hate Gucci Mane, but I like this song. It's the only Gucci song I have and probably the only one that I will ever have.

3. Jay Z ft Biggie- Brooklyn's Finest

Not the biggest fan of today's Jay Z, but this is when he was at his finest (no pun intended). Add in BIG and this is not only a great song but possibly one of the better collaborations ever.

4. Jibbs- King Kong

Great beat and that's about it. It's a good song if you have a system in your car, however I have speakers that you need to hit sometimes so they work.

5. D12- How Come

Very good song. Good hook and great verses from both Eminem and Proof make this one of the better songs D12 has put out.

1. Staind- Schizophrenic Conversations
Staind was a favorite band of mine when I was first getting into music as like a 12 year old. I'm sort of embaressed to own their CDs now, as I'm into better and heavier music. That said, this song stands up well. The lyrics are pretty great, about just emotional strife and whatnot, and the softer style of the song is really good.
2. Priestess- Two Kids
Priestess is a kickass stoner-hard-rock-retro-metal type band from my native Canada. If you've played Guitar Hero 3, you'll know their song "Lay Down". Their debut CD "Hello Master" kicks all kinds of ass. Really, all the songs I like, ut Two Kids stands out. The vocals are stronger IMO than on a lot of the other songs, and it just has a good rythym and riff. A short but sweet song.
3. Monster Magnet- Temple of Your Dreams
The first sentence I wrote about "Two Kids" applies here, except these guys are American. Monster Magnet are criminally underrated, they play Matt Hardy's entrance music "Live For the Moment" and that is pretty uch the closest to mainstream exposure they have. The song is a groovy, kickass experience, it just rumbles on with a repititive, QOTSA like riff. Really cool song.
4. Static-X- The Only
Static-X isn't the heaviest or best metal band in the world, but they have some decent songs. The Only isn't my favorite off Shadow Zone, but it's not bad either. Sort of a generic industrial type song, nothing too special.
5. Massive Attack- Teardrop
Holy piss this song is good. It's the only song I have on my iTunes in the trip-hop style genre, but it is really geat. A very melodic song with stunning vocals and great haunting noise and some kind of harpsicord type thing. It's the house theme song, but I actually heard it first through an Assasin's Creed commercial a few years ago. Great song.
6. Meshuggah- Concatenation
Finally, a 'real' metal song. This song burst out with a furious, mechanical riff that rips the skin off your face and kicks your teeth down your throat. Meshuggah is one of the most abrasive, yet most musically talented bands in any genre, and this song is no exception. It is from their 1998 album CHaosphere which is their most brutally intense CD, and it sets the tone as the opener. The wierd solo that works its way through the midpoint is absolutely awesome. Fantastic song by a phenominally talented band.
7. Breaking Benjamin- Breath
There was a time not so long ago when Breaking Benjamin was my favorite band. This has changed drastically, as I dont know if theyd even be in my top 20 nowadays, but I still feel some love for them. Phobia I felt was somewhat of a letdown after We Are Not Alone, but Breath is a really good song. Standard BB stuff basically.
8. Serj tankian- Beethoven's Cunt
Serj is better known as the frontman for System of a Down, and this song from his solo album sounds very similar to his dormant band. Quite a good song from one of hard rock's last true visionaries.
9. Metallica- The Four Horsemen
Kill Em All is not really one of my favorite Metallica CDs, but it's tought to argue against this song. One of Metallica's better known classic songs, I probably dont need to go over why this song rules.
10. Mastodon- Blood and Thunder
Mastodon are, in my opinion, the greatest metal band of all time. Previously mentioned metal acts Meshuggah, Metallica and Serj Tankian's band System of a Band are all in my top 5, but Mastodon tops them all. By blending prog with metal perfectly into a sleek, well oiled machine, Mastodon effortlessly create the best music of this decade. Leviathan is a bonafide classic, one of, if not the, best albums of the 2000s, if not all time. Blood and Thunder is the signature song from it, opening up the amazing record with ferocious intensity and ana amazing section screaming quotes from Moby Dick. Phenominal song.

So I guess this has turned from "Random 5" to "Random 10", so I'll be like all the other cool kids and do ten songs on random off the trusty old iPod. Here we go...

1) The Clash - Police On My Back

Essential stuff here, almost all of The Clash's work is. I still remember being twelve years old and going to the music store and buying London Calling. A whole new world of music opened up to me that day. Police On My Back is just one of their many, many, many great songs.

2) Weezer - The World Has Turned and Left Me Here

Yeah, what can I say, I'm a big Weezer fan, come on man I grew up in the 90s what the hell did you expect? I love Weezer and always will. Pinkerton is their true masterpiece, but the Blue Album is right there with it. One of those albums that you can just listen to from start to finish and never get tired of. Solid, solid track of that album here.

3) Rites of Spring - All There Is

You want to hear some REAL fucking emo kids? No fucking square glasses and terrible vocals, no, emo started off as a terrific offshoot of the hardcore punk scene in Washington DC, and among the very best groups in that first wave were the ferocious Rites of Spring. Essential listening little punkers.

4) The Hives - Declare Guerre Nucleaire

Another band that is way too underrated. They deserved to be much more than one hit wonders, as these guys are as raw and furious of modern garage-punk that you're likely ever going to find. They truly carry on the spirit of bands like the MC5 and just freak the fuck out on many of their tracks and their live shows are simply a wonder to see. Kind of a guilty pleasure. I remember listening to this song while getting ready for school in the morning.

5) Johnny Cash - Orange Blossom Special (Live at Folsom Prison)

Unfortunately all I could find on YouTube was a medley of Folsom Prison Blues and Orange Blossom Special that Cash did at San Quentin, but it's just as marvelous really so you aren't missing anything. Live At Folsom was my introduction to Johnny Cash, and it's as good of a place to start for anyone, as it truly is his one shining masterpiece above all others. He caught magic in a bottle that night and put it on record for all of us to enjoy. The harmonica work that Cash pulls off in this song is incredibly difficult, trust me, I used to play the harmonica. Great song.

6) The Misfits - Attitude

The Misfits, another band that it's simply essential to own their entire discography (with Danzig that is. Once Jerry Only took over they turned into a joke). One of their literally dozens and dozens, possibly hundreds of great songs, a kick to the gut with a burst of energy.

7) Ghostface Killah - Iron Maiden (W/ Raekwon & Cappadonna)
Can't go wrong with Wu-Tang, ever. I've always thought Ironman was one of the most underrated albums in the first round of solo albums that Wu-Tang did, with Iron Maiden in particular being one of the best tracks on that album. Great verses by all three men, great song.

8) Bad Brains - Banned in D.C.

Another one of my very favorite punk bands, the Bad Brains completely revolutionized the genre and changed everyone's perception of what a punk band could. It was 1979 and here you had a bunch of black dreadlocked Rastafarians playing the most ferocious punk rock imaginable (and mixing in doses of fantastic reggae as well) in Washington DC of all places. They totally revolutionized that scene and it quickly became the single most important scene in the history of hardcore punk. Banned in DC is one of their many classics.

9) Modest Mouse - Heart Cooks Brain

Another incredibly underrated group. In my opinion, the single greatest indie rock band to ever exist. Their work in the 90s is on a whole other plain of existence from other indie rock bands, they came up with this just eternal sound that no one else could ever touch, and they produced a slew of classics (and still are releasing very good music), their best work undoubtedly though is the album The Lonesome Crowded West, which is simply brilliant. Heart Cooks Brain is not only a highlight on that album, in my opinion it's the best song Modest Mouse ever made. The guitar is fucking addicting as it travels up an down and takes you along on the ride. Love this song to death.

10) Vampire Weekend - A-Punk

Holy fuck I love this song. I wasn't really buying the hype into this group until I heard their album, and while it wasn't quite the tour de force it was hyped as, it did have some very good songs on it, the very best being A-Punk. This song is impossible not to start tapping your foot to. Literally, it's impossible. And the video is one of the funnest videos ever, it's just fucking PERFECT. Watch it. Right NOW.

That took a while...

Reactions: G3
I know I don't have the best taste in music but...here goes.

1. BeezleBoss by Tenacious D- I got pretty lucky, cause I have some utter crap on my playlist. I saw the film and downloaded their whole soundtrack (Legally). I have the video to this, which is why I always listen to this.

2. Horseshoes and Hangrenades by Greenday- Got the album as a present. Off of their new album, this is my favourite song. It's pretty much the only song I can stand more than once a week from the album.

3. Dear God by Avenged Sevenfold- Pretty big fan of Sevenfold, TBH. My favourite sevenfold song and one of the slowest (as in tempo) songs I have.

4. Dead! by My Chemical Romance-The only song by them I like, at all. The album was drilled into my head by my brother. Pretty catchy song and, for a change for MCR, doesn't quickly make me depressed.

5. Motivation by Sum 41-Avid follower of Sum 41 from Day 1. Rest of my family hate Sum 41, so I like it (Don't worry, I'm not that stupid...)

I got pretty lucky. Nothing amazingly embarrasing. But that's a matter of personal opinion.

EDIT: 6th song was Burn it to the Ground by Nickelback, one of my favourite songs. Thank you RAW.

I figure I should hop in and give this a shot.

1. Devil Is A Loser by Lordi - This was actually the first song I heard from Lordi. My brother was just spouting of "The Devil is a loser and he's my bitch" and I asked him what the hell that was. He told me it was a song, he played it for me, and I was instantly hooked on the song and the band.

2. Faint by Linkin Park - Amazed that this came on. Linkin Park is my favorite band (even with their newer stuff) so I have a whole bunch of their stuff. This is one of my favorite songs from them.

3. Half-Truism by The Offspring - The Offspring are my 2nd favorite band, right behind LP. From their latest album Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace. Again, as a total mark for The Offspring, I would have it.

4. Disturbia by Rihanna - Yeah, yeah I have this song. It is catchy as fuck. One night my mom had Dancing with the Stars on, they were playing this as one of the songs they were dancing to, and it just stuck with me.

5. Mortal Kombat Theme - What kind of self-respecting fan of Mortal Kombat would I be if I didn't have this song? It fires me up and it would be one of the songs I would listen to for a fight, or just to bounce around to.

6. Love and Memories by OAR - Another song my brother turned me onto. I didn't really hear much from OAR before this, but this is one song that when I hear it, I think about a past relationship I still kinda can't get over.

7. The Warrior's Code by Dropkick Murphys - This is another song that could get me up for a fight. I'm a moderate fan of the Murphys, but this song really caught my attention. The quick pace of it,

8. Under The Rose by HIM - My brother yet again helped me in my music quest. He didn't introduce me to the song, but to HIM. I would listen to a bunch of their songs, and then came across Under The Rose. I'm a fan of their music, and Under The Rose has a great sound to me.

9. Pick Me Up by SOiL - My friend Nikki was trying to hook me up with her friend. She gave me a cd of her favorite band, which happens to be SOiL. I had never heard of them before, not even in Madden. I put it on and was blown away by their music. Another one of my favorite bands. This was one of the songs that got me hooked, AJ does great lyrics, and the guitar is awesome.

10. With or Without You by Dope - Incidentally, I came across this because I thought I heard the ending to one song go into this one. Anywho, I like the song because it is fairly slow paced, and it again makes me think about my ex. That part sucks but I love this song.

Here another 5 from your resident Wrestlezone Metalhead!

1. Enslaved - Ground
This song comes from the album 'Vertebrae' and its really the only album I like from them, mind you it is absolutely fantastic. Probably one of the best guitar solos I have ever heard is in this song. What makes it great is the fact that they don't try to over-do-it like alot of metal bands these days, rather they take the laid back blues type of vibe with it. Great song, Great album...but not so great bands for the most part.

2. Unearth - Zombie Autopilot
This comes from my earlier adventures into attending metal concerts. This band was the first of a 5 band bill (along with As I Lay Dying, High on Fire, Chimaira and GWAR). With the exception of the almighty GWAR who stole the show altogether, this band put on an awesome show and it really got it off to a great start. Though I have grown out of this band, I still think the 'Oncoming Storm' record is the best moment in "metalcore" history.

3. Between the Buried and Me - Alaska
I hate this song so much, but I love this band. I dont know, I think its the collector in me that requires myself to own a band's entire discography. There are some good moments off of the album itself, but the title track really does fall short from their future glories of 'Colors' and 'The Great Misdirect'.

4. Dream Theater - Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding
Now this is something epic! This is, of course, Dream Theater's classic live cover of Elton John's two most infamous songs. I simply love this and it really helped me to develop a further appreciation for Elton John's talents as well. The John Petrucci sweep solo at the end is just breathtaking.

5. Strapping Young Lad - You Suck
Oh man, do I ever hate this song! Its shame though, seeing as Devin Townsend has so much talent (which he lets out of the bag on his new album 'Addicted') but this is just horrible. The music itself is quite well done, but its the amature Grade3 style lyrics that just kill it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back