Random 5

1. Static-X - The Trance is In Motion. I have this song because I'm a huge fan of Static-X. It's like metal and techno mixed.

2. Nickleback - Burn It To The Ground. Truth be told, I hate most of Nickleback's songs, and this is the only song from them I do like. I enjoy drinking, and this song talks about getting chit faced. What could be better?

3. Metallica - Orion. I've been a huge fan of Met for about 6 years, I was never really into hard rock or metal until I first heard this song. I love the instrumentals, the guitar solos, it's just a great song.

4. John 5- The Washing Away of Wrong Huge fan of John 5, great solos and a badass song.

5. Sublime - Summertime Just a good song to chill to.

Timbaland - Give It To Me: Great son. Well, that could be my opinion of I'd ever heard it. For some reason I bought a Timberland album. I might listen to it later so I can give proper confirmation on weather it's good or not.

Cyndi Lauper - When You Were Mine: Again, I have know idea what the song is, that's the power of Shuffle. I bought this album for Girl Just Want To Have Fun and because I though it might have some songs from The Goonies.

James - Sit Down: Enjoyable James song. Not my favorite, but at least I know what it is when I hear the opening couple of seconds through my heaphones.

The Kooks - Jackie Big Tits:
Oddly, this doesn't ring a bell either. But I haven't listened to this album in a couple of years. From what I can remember, Koos song all sound the same.

AC/DC - The Jack (Live): I've got about 15 AC/DC albums on my iPod, so I'm surprised there isn't more than one song in this top 10. Shit song, made worse because it's live.

Rob Zombie - The Ballad Of Resurrection Joe And Rosa ****e (Iisa She Wolf Of The Hollywood Mix): Don't know what this song is, it's a mix. I've yet to hear a mix that sounds better than the original.

James - Laid: This isn't off the Best Of, so it must be off that other album I have of theirs.

Alphabeat - Fantastic Six:
Fascination is a chirpy little pop ditty that I can't get enough of. It probably sounds similar to this.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Charlie:
Doesn't ring a bell at all. I listened to it as I wrote this post, it's shit.

Linkin Park - With You: Looking at it, I can't reacll what it is. But I remember being quite fond of Hybrid Theory when I first bought the album. I think I may have even listened to it all the way through, once.

Reactions: X
1.) I'm Alive - Metric - I don't know what it is about this song, but I love it. The lead singer, Emily Haines, has such a great voice, and it's relaxing yet intense. It's perfect for the gym, and has become a fixture on my playlist for cardio. I make sure that I play it multiple times. This song has also been a major motivator for me throughout my last year of school when I had so many presentations. I usually would listen to it a few times before the classes I had to present in, and it was actually very therapeutic.

[YOUTUBE]KtA7YIFapnY[/YOUTUBE]

2.) Levon - Elton John - Easily my favorite Elton John song. Really not much more to say.

[YOUTUBE]5lXOuZgm_eY[/YOUTUBE]

3.) The Verve and Jay-Z - Bittersweet Symphony/Dirt off your Shoulders - This was a remix that I downloaded that I LOVE. It's basically in the same vein that the Jay-Z/Linkin Park remixes were. Another awesome song for the gym. I really like both songs, and Jay's rapping really mixes in well with the beat of Bittersweet Symphony.

[YOUTUBE]cGEWETWCI1U[/YOUTUBE]

4.) Devil - Stereophonics - This song was on at the end of one episode of Rescue Me (back when I thought the show was good) and the song made the scene. I found the song captivating, and it made me go deeper with the band, who I really like.

5.) Best I Ever Had - Drake - I'm going to get shit for this, but I really like Drake, and I really like this song.

My media player has been overly random this morning, so I felt like gracing this thread with another post...

1. Mudvayne ~ I.D.I.O.T. - This isn't one of their better songs, but it's certainly entertaining, to say the least. After buying all of the other Mudvayne CDs, I felt the need to go out and buy the first album from them, only to complete the collection...

2. Atreyu ~ Slow Burn - I'm a bigger Atreyu fan than most, and happen to have quite the fondness for Lead Sails Paper Anchor. This is one of my favorite songs off the album, and it intros pretty nicely. It's a new sound for them, and it works.

3. Led Zeppelin ~ I Can't Quit You Baby - God damn I love this song...Robert Plant is phenomenal, and the blues feeling of the song helps it stand out on the album. I have this song because you don't grow up in a family that lives and dies off rock 'n' roll, and not love Led Zeppelin.

4. Metallica ~ So What - :lmao: I hadn't heard them cover this song until I bought the DVD Cunning Stunts, and it was funny as hell. Just had to download it. It ends up on most CDs that I burn for friends.

5. Black Eyed Peas ~ Pump It - I'm a sucker for Fergie, and the BEP aren't really that bad. I wouldn't say this is a great song, but it's not one I'd change the station on.

6. Halestorm ~ I Get Off - This band has been huge in my area for a long time, and just recently hit it "big". I bought the CD the day it came out, and this is the first single. It's probably the worst song on the CD, but still pretty good.

7. Green Day ~ Burnout - I have almost all of Green Day's stuff, so that covers why I own it. To be honest though, I haven't listened to this song nearly enough to pass fair judgment on it. Nothing special, but not horrible...

8. Busta Rhymes ~ Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See - Awww shit...I love me some Busta...This is my favorite from him, so excuse me while I chair dance...

9. Papa Roach ~ Life Is A Bullet - Papa Roach is one of my favorite bands. I can put any of their albums on, and let it play straight through about five times without getting bored. This song isn't a favorite, but it's still a solid performance.

10. All That Remains ~ Before The Damned - ATR is one of my all-time favorites, so I was sure to pre-order this album. This song is one of the stand outs on the album, and gets the crowd pumped during the live show.

This wasn't nearly as random as it was earlier, but still a decent turnout...

OK, here goes attempt number 2. I have a lot of un doing these and it helps me to rediscover some of the hidden gems of my iTunes library.

1. Muse - Hysteria
I guess I have Blade to thank for this song. Personally, I could not have cared less about Muse until about a fortnight ago and it was only under Blade that I learned hoe awesome a band they actually are. Hysteria is a great song and I am completely in love with the guitar in it. Great song.

2. Eminem - Medicine Ball
This is not one of my favourite songs from the Relapse album but it is generally a good song. The lyrics are harsh but nothing less than you would expect from Shady and he is really on from in this song. It sounds a little bit darker than some of the songs on the album and I am a fan of that.

3. Linkin Park - What I've Done
Again, this is one of my favourite songs from a band that I really like. Linkin Park are completely underrated in my opinion and get a bad reputation from some people. I personallty think that they are a great band and Minuted to Midnight is a fantastic album. What I've Done was one of the better songs on the album and also the them tune to the Original Transformers movie. :)

4. Nickelback - Another Hole In The Head
I have to admit, Sunny Side up is not one of my favourite albums from Nickelback and I haven't really listened to this song at all. It has a play count of 0 on my iTunes and I don't really think it helps Sunny Side Up's cause to be honest. It's all right.

5. Kanye West - Good Morning
This is a good song and it is off of one of the better albums that Kanye has released. With that ebing said, I still wouldn't listen to it right now.

Gotta admit I love these types of threads. Love to see what my media player shuffles to and will add Youtube clips for anybody interested in checking the songs out:

1. Modest Mouse and Califone - South of Heaven. Pretty cool that one of my all time favorite remakes comes up first. Very different take on Slayer's South of Heaven. Not sure if the Slayer fans will enjoy it though :)
[YOUTUBE]aZG60aj_95o[/YOUTUBE]

2. Brian Vander Ark - Mileage. One of my all time favorite atmospheric songs. Can't beat the cd version as it's perfect. He does a "Living Rooms" tour where you can book him every summer to play your living room, parties, weddings, family reunions.....pretty frickin' cool!
[YOUTUBE]hq7P4eh2hr4[/YOUTUBE]

3. Posion the Well - Letter Thing. Thankfully this came up as it would have been hard to find a video for some of their songs. This was a great cd and the latest, "The Tropic Rot" is one of my favorites from 2009.
[YOUTUBE]KaDgnRmKR3A[/YOUTUBE]

4. Failure - Heliotropic. Great band that many don't seem to know about. One of my favorite bands.
[YOUTUBE]ER1vIkvWDs8[/YOUTUBE]

5. American Head Charge - Shutdown. Shame these guys had to break up because the singer had emotional (drug?) issues going on. The War of Art is an all time favorite cd.
[YOUTUBE]z8JQkRYf41o[/YOUTUBE]

Alright, I enjoyed this thread, I'll do it again, but only 5 tonight.

1. Fade To Black by Metallica - I'm a fairly moderate fan of Metallica, but this is far and away my favorite song from them. I got one of my first ipods from my friend, he had some songs on it, and it was before I had itunes on my computer. So there were just random songs on it, with this being one of them. I first played it at work, and have loved it to pieces ever since.

2. Feel Good Drag by Anberlin - This one is pretty simple. I heard it on the radio a crap load of times. It was catchy the first time, and hearing it more and more I just had to get it.

3. Young by Hollywood Undead - Again, I had been hearing this on the radio for quite a while, always thought it was catchy and the lyrics really hit me pretty strongly.

4. Snuff by Slipknot - Third song in a row that I heard from the radio. But this song is just fucking stellar. It has a great meaning, and when I get down on life, or get down about being single, this song is just great to have playing, as it speaks the words that I am feeling.

5. All For You by In This Moment - NSL gets all the credit to anything I get when it comes to In This Moment or TAT. He pointed me in the direction of their music, and I have been enjoying it ever since.

Figure it's time for your friendly neighborhood Dewey to pop in. So, let's get the road on the show, shall we?

1. Torn-Natalie Imbruglia- Yeah, I'll cop to it. I love this fuckin' song. It takes me back to my teen years, and that's not a bad thing sometimes. Also, it's the song that my last ex always sings at kareoke.

2. Chainsaw Gutsfuck- Mayhem- Wow, that is random for this to follow something as innocent as Torn. Anyway, I loves me some Black Metal, and these guys epitomize it. I have at least ten of their songs on my MP3 player. I listen to mostly to chill the fuck out after a stressful day.

3. Barbie Girl- Tsunami Bomb- It's basically a hardcore version of the Aqua classic. That's the very reason I own this song.

4. Liar-Rollins Band- I use this song as an excuse to get pissy at times. Especially after friends lie to me, or flake on drinking sessions. Also, who doesn't love Henry screaming at the top of his lungs?

5. Lullaby- Shawn Mullins- This is one of my numerous kareoke favs. Mostly because I can pull off the spoken word portions. Also, it's one of the few songs that make me want to grab my acoustic and my blue shades.

6. Supertones Strike Back-The OC Supertones- I may not be a Christian but, damn, some of the music is awesome. I have all to the Supertones' records, and use them at parties to get the crowd dancing. Surprising how a bunch of drunks don't pay attention to lyrics...

7. Countess Bathory-Venom- Again, I love the black metal, and this band is the original act. That's the sole reason. Well, that and the song kicks just about any other song squarely in the nuts.

8. Wheat Kings- Tragically Hip- I have this song because, quiet simply, I love the Hip!!! The song has a message that's not preachy, and it displays great fuckin' talent.

9. Blue Moon of Kentucky- Bill Monroe and his Bluegrass Boys- I have this song on all my players, simply out of respect for my papaw. It was his favorite song, and now it's one of mine.

10. Brackish- Kittie- The hell?!!! What the fuck is this doing here? It's supposed to be random! No, seriously, I have this song because it's my favorite of all times.

There ya go, that's my random 10. Awesome, ain't it?

I am bored, so I'll do another 5.
Shadows That Move- Mastodon
One of their lesser known pre-fame songs, rereleased on the Call of the Mastodon comilation. This song kicks teeth, just like every other Mastodon song ever. Not as good as most of their Remission/Leviathan/Blood Mountian/Crack the Skye stuff, but still. Awesome.
Paranoid- Black Sabbath
I really don't listen to much Sabbath, but this song is pretty much essential if you consider yourself to be a metal fan. I can't really say anything about this song that everyone else probably doesn't already know. It's awesome.
Sin- Stone Temple Pilots
STP still gets some heat for ripping off Grunge, but thats a load of crap, because the music is good so it doesn't really matter wether or not they did it first IMO. This is sort of a standard STP song, not too exciting, but a cool melodic chorus.
Died- Alice in Chains
AiC, in contrast to STP, is definately first wave grunge. Died is typical for them: crushing riff, depressing lyrics, excellent singing from Layne, great chorus.
Scoff- Nirvana
Apparnetly my iTunes is in a grungey mood today. Bleach isn't considered to be anywhere near In Utero or Nevermind, but I personally love the album. This is a good song, and the little riffing part after the chorus is teeth-kicking. Coolio stuff.

Awesome thread idea.

1. Breaking Benjamin - Sooner or Later: I bought this album just to have "So Cold" as well as this song. But there are some other kickass tracks as well: "Firefly" and "Breakdown" come to mind. Just a good record in my opinion and a step up from their previous album.

2. Fozzy - Nameless Faceless: If you do not own the album All That Remains from Chris Jericho's band....go buy it. Now. Y2J has some pipes on him. In this album, they step it up and have all original pieces...as opposed to Happenstance, where they cover 80's metal and hair metal.

3. Nonpoint - Alive and Kicking: Awesome song from one of the remnants of the nu-metal wave in my opinion. Say what you will about nu-metal, it is damn sure better than any of the crap that is considered "rock" spewing from mainstream radio stations. This album is quite good, as well as the previous album, Recoil...which includes a cover of Phil Collins' "In the Air Tonight."

4. Candiria - Down: There's no one way to describe Candiria's sound. It's a blend of math metal, prog, post hardcore, jazz, ambient, experimental, and hip hop. You have the track "Blood" from the same album (What Doesn't Kill You...):

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/61Fp942jXP0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/61Fp942jXP0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

...and then you have "Down," which has a more mainstream feel to it. Still kickass nonetheless.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5yQ-n6STiu0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5yQ-n6STiu0&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

5. P.O.D. - Bullet The Blue Sky: One of my favorite songs of all time. Bar none. This was from the same album (The Fundamental Elements of Southtown) as "Rock The Party (Off The Hook)." Right before the events of 9/11, and "Alive" and "Youth of the Nation." You could see and feel big things coming for P.O.D. in my opinion.

1. Killer Instinct - The Instinct
The actual artists are whoever made the Killer Instinct game for Arcade and SNES. This song is from the remixed soundtrack to the SNES version, called Killer Instinct Killer Cuts. I downloaded it. The Instinct is one of the best songs on the album.

2. Michael Jackson - Bad
I own this song because my brother had the HIStory 2-CD set, and he gave it to me. I treasured that album because it was the first time my brother had ever done anything like that for me. It's a good song.

3. WWE- Mark Henry
All WWE themes I lump under the artist of "WWE" and the album "Entrance Themes". This theme is Mark's current theme by Three 6 Mafia. I like it, and can't really explain why. It's just fun to listen to. I own thiis song because of Xylot Themes.

4. Nintendo - Where's The Exit?
This song is from the DDR: Mario Mix soundtrack, and is one of the best songs on there. I got the album from Galbadia Hotel. The song is a great remix of the classic underground theme from Super Mario Bros., with some epic dance mixed in there. Just a fun danceable song.

5. Scooter - Take A Break
GOD I love Scooter. This song is from the album "The Stadium Techno Experience" which I bought when I visited England around the time "The Night" (from the same album) was tearing up the charts. Scooter gets me pumped up like no other band. They have such a great sound, that frees my mind better than any artist.

I feel like doing ten.

6. Hellogoodbye - Dear Jamie...Sincerely Me
I own the CD because of my brother. Hellogoodbye is such a nice band. They're really dorky and nice. They sound like what a band formed by me and my friends would be like, what with the nerdy lyrics and electronic influences. This is a nice song that I used to love to listen to, but I don't know why they felt the need to add a five minute instrumental bit at the end. It's not even an interesting instrumental bit.

7. O-Zone - Ciao Bambina
I own this song because of the Numa Numa Dance. I loved Dragostea Din Tei and I wanted to check out more O-Zone songs...so I did. This is a good one.
Something interesting I've noticed, this song has pretty much the same tune as "Famikom" by Crazy Loop. Crazy Loop is Dan Balan, the frontman or O-Zone. Hmm.

8. Above The Ruins - Bowling Shoes
Hahaha, this WOULD turn up. Above the Ruins is actually my "band", consisting of me dicking around with GarageBand at a friend's house, and a stuffed penguin. During a summer trip, my youth group and I were discussing the various merits of Converse shoes. Personally, I don't like them. I said "They look like bowling shoes!" Apparently, I said this twice, in the same tone of voice. I started joking around about how it could make one of those remix songs, and one guy started doing a beat while the others joined in and I started saying "THEY LOOK THEY LOOK LIKE BOWLING SHOES" in time with the music.
Fast forward a few weeks. I'm at a party with that group at the youth leader's house, and he's letting me use his Mac. I decide to see what I can do with GarageBand, and I make a full song version of it.
You can download this song along with a few others at http://www.freewebs.com/abovetheruins

9. Jun Fukuda - Husslin' and Tusslin'
From the No More Heroes soundtrack. I torrented it the other day. It's a good soundtrack, and this is a really fun song on it. It plays during certain side missions, like during the scorpion one and the lawnmowing one. Good little dance track.

10. Dio - Evilution
Hmmm, not bad at all. My brother owned this CD back in Italy, and I loved it. When I saw he had left a ton of his CDs with us, I wanted to rip it to my iPod but it wasn't there. He had taken it with him.
So a month or so ago, I'm hanging around in FYE and what do I see in the bargain bucket but "Dio - Metal Hits". It was $4.25. Great deal.

1. Enter Sandman - Metallica
Yeah I like this song, but I don't love it. I just downloaded it because I was bored.

2. I Love College - Asher Roth
I really like this song because it's pretty simple and something everyone care relate to....Even though I haven't been to college.

3. Starstrukk - 3OH!3
Not a big fan of this song at all. I was just kinda bored and downloaded a bunch of stuff I didn't really care for. Although I love the video.

4. Welcome To The World - Kevin Rudolf
I got this song because when I went to Raw on 10/19 they played it during every fucking commercial break and it stuck there.....but when I listen to it now, I think it was just where I was that made me like it.

5. 8 Second Ride - Jake Owen
I like this song because it's pretty simple and a good upbeat country song. You listen to it once and you know exactly what it's about.

6. That's What You Get - Paramore
I like this song because I like about every song from Paramore. They have a good sound IMO and it interests me.

7. Cancer - Sick Puppies
I am a big Sick Puppies fan. This is one of my favorite songs of theirs. It has a good beat.

8. Burn It To The Ground - Nickelback
I just got this song because it is the Monday Night Raw theme and it's a pretty f=good party song.

9. Cowboy Casanova - Carrie Underwood
I admit, I like this song. Then again I like every song Carrie Underwood does. She is a great singer, and can really sing about any song from a fast and fun song to a slow, deep, and meaningful ballad.

10. Southern Voice - Tim McGraw
I don't really know why I like this song, but I do. It is just plain catchy, although it never never explains what "it" is.

Well that's my ten random songs. Pretty mainstream music because I don't listen to that much underground stuff.

OK, I thought I would do another one of these as I have been listening to a lot of the same music really and by doing this, I might happen upon something that I haven't heard in ages and start listening to it again.

1. "I Don't Know About You But I Came Here To Dance" - Forever The Sickest Kids

You see, I have already accomplished what I have set out to do. This song, although very glam rock is pretty good. One of my friends really likes it and I downloaded it after asking her what it was. I really like it and it really reminds me of Fall Out Boy, who I am not afraid to say that I like. Nevertheless, I really like this song. It is very upbeat and exhilarating. Give it a listen and I think you will really like it.

2. "Dance Wiv' Me" - Dizzee Rascal

This song is really infectious and I love it. Calvin Harris is like my musical hero at the moment and Dizzee Rascal is pretty good too. I bought his album and this was one of the better songs. Although the album was pretty poor in all honesty. Dance Wiv' Me is a good track though and is like a cultural certainty in the clubs of Scotland. Amazing song to just dance to.

3. "Dance Little Liar" - Arctic Monkeys

This is a great song. I love the Arctic Monkeys and Humbug was an incredible album for me. I thought it was poor when they released it but only because I was on a huge Favourite Worst Nightmare buzz. Nevertheless, this is one of the great songs on Humbug. The lyrics are great as per usual and the musical performance at the end blows my mind every time. Love it.

4. "Come Together" - The Beatles

Mark the fuck out! I love The Beatles. In my mind they are the best band to ever come out of Britain and one of the best bands to ever grace the planet. Come Together is another of the songs that it took me a while to get into but I am so glad that I did. The base line in this song just rocks my world every time. I used to dislike this song but I scarce know why. It is a tremendous song and I am so glad that it came up.

5. "Slam" - Pendulum

I have to admit that Pendulum are really a hit and miss band for me. I like The Prodigy and I think that Pendulum are a lot like them in the way that they use drum and bass. This song though, is just magnificent. I heard it at a festival I was at and the crowd just exploded. It was incredible and this song will stay with me for years because of that moment. It is also a pretty epic tune and the video is wonderful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back